Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,969 members, 7,806,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. (39060 Views)

Pressure From Families After NYSC: Share Your Experiences, Especially Women / Have You Ever Been Mocked? Share Your Experiences / Can You Sleep Using This Snake Bed Sheet Cover? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 6:31pm On Jun 22, 2022
meobizy:
Budweiser? This one never enter uni, sef. Kai, I’m an elder in the midst of children.

I saw this device only in boarding house and nowhere else. I have no idea where it is sold neither do I care. It was manufactured for people below my standard of living.
Nasoo. Bro i fit see like 2k for ur hand
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by whippersnapper(m): 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
Back then in ABU we dey use am cook rice and spag
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Yuneehk(f): 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2022
nedekid:

Heating up water? Do you use prepaid meter for you Nepa billing?
Yeah, heating up water. I don't know what is used, though.
Most likely not prepaid.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by meobizy(f): 6:39pm On Jun 22, 2022
PrinceofAgoAre:
Nasoo. Bro i fit see like 2k for ur hand
Send me 2k first.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by nedekid: 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2022
Yuneehk:

Yeah, heating up water. I don't know what is used, though.
Most likely not prepaid.
Hmmm, those things burn electricity like mad, although convenient.
Me thag I pay ₦210kwh for electricity, boiling ring is banned.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Yuneehk(f): 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2022
nedekid:

Hmmm, those things burn electricity like mad, although convenient.
Me thag I pay ₦210kwh for electricity, boiling ring is banned.
What of with generator? Anyways, I'm sure there are energy saving substitutes for you to try out.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
meobizy:
Send me 2k first.
But bro u're d one dt is above our standard na

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by caprini1: 7:06pm On Jun 22, 2022
sharpwriter:

cry sorry

burnt or electrocution?
Electrocution.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by chikason22(m): 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
Omicron007:
The Boiling Ring(Heater) is a very common household electrical appliance in Nigeria. It can be adapted for various uses like boiling water and cooking light meals.

The Heater has caused a lot of disasters and even claimed lives in homes due to improper usage.

Back then in School, I and my roommates used this heater to prepare roasted chicken. When we kill a chicken, we remove the feathers and all the intestines and other necessary 'removables'.

We then insert the heater through the orifice created at the anus region and plug the heater. After some minutes, the chicken becomes fully roasted. We then order some Budweiser Beer to use and wash it down.

Share your experience(s) using this electrical appliance.
Picture of boiling ring inserted through the anus of the chicken or I don't believe

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by PKURLINZ: 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2022
Omicron007:

The Heater has caused a lot of disasters and even claimed lives in homes due to improper usage.

embarassed
In the year 2012, I almost burnt down our house using diz nonsense called heater.

All thanks to God that I'm alive to tell da story today.....
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Olatoman(m): 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
Nyanyafk:
This thing can shock for Africa, there was a day me and this thing fight small tug of war as I tried to off the socket with wet hands, since then we do not mix

Whattt?? i don laugh tire
Wet hands ke, lmaooo, you no like your life that day ni?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by payosehtor(m): 8:40pm On Jun 22, 2022
Oh? I nearly burnt my Oga"s house in Akure. I lived in the Boys quarters of this expensive house. the wife was a court judge, In my room was a hip of old newspapers. near the electric suckett, on top of that newspaper s was my phone charger , one evening I mistakenly plug that heater instead of the charger and went out to town to get somethings. WHEN I returned back, the whole building was smoky. when I opened. almost half of the newspaper hip was red with fire, except that it hasn't become flames. Only me that lived in that house .
That's how I managed to unplug the heater and I extinguished the fire. I then change the position of the newspaper hip.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by dontrulee: 8:43pm On Jun 22, 2022
Deadly appliance.
Those days when "strong men" use am kill one babe because she cheated.

They tied her to a chair, naked her and placed the ring into her private part and plugged it to electricity. Damn, the sight was gory.

People are wicked, watch out. grin grin
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by meobizy(f): 8:45pm On Jun 22, 2022
PrinceofAgoAre:
But bro u're d one dt is above our standard na
Extra money doesn’t hurt.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Brownshoe: 8:54pm On Jun 22, 2022
Psady:
So happy that things like this are not in use like as of then,Now we have hot plate as another better option. A real death trap.
I could remember a particular night back then I forgot to unplug this boiler from the kitchen socket after power (Nepa) outage, I left it placed inside a plastic container with water we normally use for it to cool off after use, Power was restored back at 4am in the morning, I woke by 6am only to get to the kitchen to see a very thick mist of cloud( smoke everywhere). The useless boiler dried the water in the plastic cup, burnt the plastic cup and caught
the wooden shelve beneath it on fire. It was a scary experience.

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by meobizy(f): 9:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
Omicron007:

You can't always be sure of what you utter.
If you were in secondary school drinking Budweiser you are surely under 23 years of age. It won’t surprise me if you’re under 19 years.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2022
meobizy:
Extra money doesn’t hurt.
Nah. U d big man.. Going 1st is what big man like u would do..
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by meobizy(f): 9:06pm On Jun 22, 2022
PrinceofAgoAre:
Nah. U d big man.. Going 1st is what big man like u would do..
Givers never lack.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Aliou007(m): 9:38pm On Jun 22, 2022
grin grin "see fire"
SavageBoy:

Mehn!!!

Ours would have been like that if not for the quick intervention of our next door neighbor.

I think I was barely five or so, my mum was using it to boil water. She then told me to off the socket when it starts boiling. Locking me and my younger bro from outside, she went to get something close by.

Mumu me, instead of switching off the socket when the water started to boil, I removed the boiling ring and placed it on the table while the socket was still ongrin

Na so fire oh, it started getting serious, to the extent that the flame was almost touching our ceiling. I was just there looking, telling my younger brother "see fire," fortunately our neighbor started perceiving the smell of something burning,traced it to our room and that was how that impending disaster was averted oh.

After then, the use of boiling ring in the compound was banned by our landlord. The fear of boiling ring is still in me till tomorrow
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by nentokritji(m): 11:03pm On Jun 22, 2022
I remember when i used iron bucket to boil bathing water hmmmm i collect..
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Yinksy09(m): 11:36pm On Jun 22, 2022
When times were a bit rough then in school, I used his electrical appliance to cook beans.

Don’t forget to join O-Club and enjoy amazing discounts, offers and giveaways from Oraimo.

Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Birdie124462(m): 11:51pm On Jun 22, 2022
Small but mighty �
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by berryPee(m): 12:03am On Jun 23, 2022
We call it shocking stick.... the thing dey shock person spirit join
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by rowlex7(m): 12:58am On Jun 23, 2022
Chai! I still dey recover from the everlasting mark wey e gimme cry
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by mukthar2000(m): 3:18am On Jun 23, 2022
This small thing can kill very fast, I just hate using it shaa
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Munzy14(m): 6:10am On Jun 23, 2022
placeofallure:
I'll never ever forget. It was December 26, 1999

The fanti carnival was going on from street to street, there was a procession of happy people dancing and all.

A neighbour plugged water with this appliance, she wanted to make eba. There was power outage and on hearing the sounds of drumming outside, she left to go see the procession without unplugging the boiling ring. She even followed the procession.

Shortly after, power was restored. Nobody knew that the house was in flames until it was too late. The lady, a teenager at the time left her sleeping baby in the room. Somebody had to do a Jack Bauer stunt to go pull out the baby.

Our apartment was right next to where the fire started. I wasn't even home, just my kid brothers and sisters. Our parents have traveled to celebrate Christmas in our village. My big sis too wasn't home. That was how the entire building was razed, as in totally razed at Christmas.

The fire was fast. It had caught all the ceilings, so when people rushed in to pick things, the ceiling was dropping on them, they had to abort the mission. We didn't bring out a pin from the fire. We had just the clothes we were wearing, no pants nothing. I'm mostly pained about my pictures. All the childhood pictures, those memories gone.

People in the neighborhood started donating stuff ranging from clothes to food, to money. We became destitute. Our parents had to cut short their trip. We slept with friends, family etc for about 3 months before we got our groove back. I had to return to school a week or so after the fire incident. Before then, I moved in with my bf now hubby. My dad had to cough out money for new clothes apart from the normal semester expenses, my bf too. I came back after the semester to a new apartment.

Since then, you'd never see me use that thing, Never!
Hey!!!

Ugly experience I must say.

We used to have two growing up, but My dad returned from work one day and banned the use of boiling rings in our house...Till date I don't know what happened to the two rings..

He even banned hot plates..Till date their this modern day plastic jug with heater for tea..One was a gift at my place of primary assignment, one bought by momsy..They all packed up in the store room..The boiling rings ban affected them too.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by phemmyfour: 8:20am On Jun 23, 2022
Very dangerous technology
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Tony609(m): 9:13am On Jun 23, 2022
I could remember those days in FUTO hostel B room 100B, after spending much cash on getting materials to read as if your life depend on it we go broke and decided to cook beans late at night using boiling ring to avoid been caught by Man O war..lol later we became friends that I can now cook anytime I choose to and invite them to join me... life in FUTO was rugged you much be a book worm to succeed
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Ruby458(f): 10:47am On Jun 23, 2022
The almighty boiling ring! We had it, but rarely used it. We only used it on mumsy's instructions, and you must remain there watching the water till it heats and you unplug it. You must also wear rubber slippers before you put it on and off. You must not touch the container you are using to boil the water. You must not touch the water inside to check whether it's hot yet, you can only look at the water and check if that hot smoke is coming out.

Omo, the rules and regulations for using it were too much, my siblings and I abandoned it and concentrated on the electric jug and electric kettle. Na only mumsy dey use am till she got tired.
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by siddique07: 11:43am On Jun 23, 2022
The day wey this thing carry me trowey that time ehn
I still dey meditate on it today fa
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Papichulostunne(m): 5:47pm On Jun 23, 2022
Omicron007:
The Boiling Ring(Heater) is a very common household electrical appliance in Nigeria. It can be adapted for various uses like boiling water and cooking light meals.

Back then in School, I and my roommates used this heater to prepare roasted chicken. When we kill a chicken, we remove the feathers and all the intestines and other necessary 'removables'.

We then insert the heater through the orifice created at the anus region and plug the heater. After some minutes, the chicken becomes fully roasted. We then order some Budweiser Beer to use and wash it down.

Share your experience(s) using this electrical appliance.

It almost killed my bro when we were growing up.. Fell into water plugged with this boiling ring. It peeled off his flesh. Waist to knee. It was horrible
Re: Share Your Experiences Using This Electrical Appliance. by Coolgent(m): 11:01pm On Jun 23, 2022
maleekberry:
A deadly appliance shocked
A perfect example of small but mighty
You fit use am boil water, cook food and also make soup.

But if this heater shock you, all your hair go stand immediately
Make soup? How pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Husband Takes Back Cheating Wife Who Got Pregnant For Her Boss - Man Recounts / Meet Dr Lola Bayode, The Doctor Who Built The Biggest Orphanage In Africa(pics) / Lady Pregnant For Over 4 Years, Gives Birth After Husband Left Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.