Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Vote Buying And Importance Of Money In Nigeria Politics. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vote Buying And Importance Of Money In Nigeria Politics. (139 Views)

Bello: World Bank's Transparency Awards vs EFCC, Reality of Nigeria's Politics / Biggest Losers In Nigeria Politics Since 1999 / Salvador Urges U.S., U.K., E.U. To Stop Interfering In Nigeria’s Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vote Buying And Importance Of Money In Nigeria Politics. by Godoverevery: 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2022
In my last post on this section I analysed 2023 election with factors that will determine who will win......I talked about vote buying extensively and am happy everyone saw what happened in ekiti state yesterday.

Nigerian is the poverty capital of the world what do expect from people that are hungry??

Like my G.O (Dr dk olukoya) once asked ....how do you to preach to a hungry man.

A man is hungry, you are telling him to give his life to christ so to have better life....you are just wasting saliva... For him to listen, you have to give him food first.

Politics is a money game, and in nigeria you need to spend seriously to win elections.

I laugh when I see PO supporters saying he won't give shi shi to anybody to campaign for him......is like this guys don't no what it entails to run for presidency

Who will pay for merchandise and souvenirs
Who will pay for campaign grounds ,speakers ,security men,organisers etc.
He is enjoying campaigns on social media for free but what about radios and TV campaign Who will pay for it??
Party agent,campaign managers,logistics etc who will pay for it??

All this I pointed out are highly important and requires huge amount of money....to run campaigns successfully in 36 state you need 500million to 1 billion depending on how elaborate you want it.

With poverty in our country people will sell there vote and there nothing anyone can do about it......I don't blame them I only blame poverty.

Asking hungry people to resist money in front them for a better future is like telling a hungry man to fast and pray for a better life while food (a bowl of eba with egusi soup surrounded with assorted meats) is placed in front of him.

Is only when poverty rate drops to 30% that when people can vote with conscience.
Re: Vote Buying And Importance Of Money In Nigeria Politics. by duro4chang(m): 1:59pm On Jun 19, 2022
No be today now. Obi did it in 2019 although he failed

Re: Vote Buying And Importance Of Money In Nigeria Politics. by Godoverevery: 2:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
duro4chang:

Ooo so I guess the supporters are just speaking for themselves......he isn't naive after all.
Re: Vote Buying And Importance Of Money In Nigeria Politics. by money121(m): 2:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Ok
Re: Vote Buying And Importance Of Money In Nigeria Politics. by Freedom34: 2:04pm On Jun 19, 2022
N
Re: Vote Buying And Importance Of Money In Nigeria Politics. by Freedom34: 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2022
duro4chang:

To be a politician in Nigeria u gast ready to coff d dough.
Does 'eleyi' look like d person wey ready to drop?

Look d pinsho well-well; he resemble 'obi-cubana' or 'aka-gum'?
See as e dey share money give human beings like small pikin wey dey cut biscuit give fowls
grin

Re: Vote Buying And Importance Of Money In Nigeria Politics. by simplyhonest(m): 2:25pm On Jun 19, 2022
Hmnn

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youth Hails President Buhari On Good Governance / Tolerance Becoming Crime / Most African Leaders Ignored The Appeal Of Ukrainian Leader Volodymyr Zelensky

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.