Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,760 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Can A Graduate Of English Branch Into Human Resource Management? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A Graduate Of English Branch Into Human Resource Management? (247 Views)

Meet Ekene Obayi, Herdswoman From Enugu Who Is A Graduate Of UNN (Video) / From Machester To Mile 12, Lagos: How A Graduate Turned To A Porter (Pics) / "Nigeria Has Failed You If You Are A Graduate Earning Less Than 200K Monthly" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Graduate Of English Branch Into Human Resource Management? by Kaycee18: 5:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
Good day all, I studied English language and I rounded off with the NYSC scheme two months ago. I have been considering my possible career paths and HR management is on the top of my list.

I, however, do not have a degree in that field or any experience at all. I've been looking into getting the CIPMN certification to start my journey into the field.

Would it be possible to go down that path without a degree in human resources or a management science course? Thank you in advance.
Re: Can A Graduate Of English Branch Into Human Resource Management? by AllBlack: 5:21pm On Jun 19, 2022
Kaycee18:
Good day all, I studied English language and I rounded off with the NYSC scheme two months ago. I have been considering my possible career paths and HR management is on the top of my list.

I, however, do not have a degree in that field or any experience at all. I've been looking into getting the CIPMN certification to start my journey into the field.

Would it be possible to go down that path without a degree in human resources or a management science course? Thank you in advance.

Yes. I know two people that came from the ELSA department and followed the management career and now they are MEMBERS of NIM (NIGERIA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT) and earn LARGE sums.
Re: Can A Graduate Of English Branch Into Human Resource Management? by Gentlerespect76: 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2022
Kaycee18:

100% possible. As a graduate of English language you have the foundation to venture into any social science or management turf you may wish to. The problem is that the country is so limiting.
Re: Can A Graduate Of English Branch Into Human Resource Management? by Kaycee18: 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2022
Re: Can A Graduate Of English Branch Into Human Resource Management? by Kaycee18: 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2022
AllBlack:

Wow, thank you. I've been thinking about it a lot, I'm glad to know there are others who have done it.
Re: Can A Graduate Of English Branch Into Human Resource Management? by Kaycee18: 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2022
Gentlerespect76:

100% possible. As a graduate of English language you have the foundation to venture into any social science or management turf you may wish to. The problem is that the country is so limiting.

Thank you, knowing that it is possible is good enough. I'll make the move to make it happen.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Sales Executive Job Or Teaching Position In An NGO / Amazon KDP For Smartphone / Multinational Or One Man's Business, Which?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.