Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

I Will Kill My Best Friend Tonight. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Will Kill My Best Friend Tonight. (2588 Views)

Mom's Best Friend And I (18+ Romance) / Falling In Love With My Best Friend / Woman Accuses Best Friend Of Stealing Husband’s joystick (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: I Will Kill My Best Friend Tonight. by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 23, 2022
KaLuCh:

I don't think anyone considers NL writers to be in the level of JK Rowlings yet. But that doesn't in any way mean we can't enjoy them and praise them for valiant efforts. While your points are very valid, your method of presenting them is caustic. And that's where we frown. Criticism must not be derogatory, and nobody likes a person toots their own horns.

You do not have to tell us you are better than most writers here for us to know that. A famous saying in your field is 'show, don't tell.'

JK Rowling isn't really a good writer. She's average.

My post was intentionally caustic; to gain attention. This is one of the most efficient ways to pass across a message on Nairaland.
Re: I Will Kill My Best Friend Tonight. by KaLuCh: 9:02am On Jun 23, 2022
Hermix:

JK Rowling isn't really a good writer. She's average.

My post was intentionally caustic; to gain attention. This is one of the most efficient ways to pass across a message on Nairaland.

I'd really love to read the authors you do recommend.

And if your post was intended to sound caustic to gain attention, I'd say it is wrong. I mean, you abuse people to gain attention? That's low. And the people might just find it a tad too difficult to sieve through your scathing tone for the supposed message you are passing. And that effectively defeats the very purpose for your caustic tone.

I do think you are a good writer. Just don't be a shitty person.

1 Like

Re: I Will Kill My Best Friend Tonight. by Nobody: 9:05am On Jun 23, 2022
KaLuCh:

I'd really love to read the authors you do recommend.

And if your post was intended to sound caustic to gain attention, I'd say it is wrong. I mean, you abuse people to gain attention? That's low. And the people might just find it a tad too difficult to sieve through your scathing tone for the supposed message you are passing. And that effectively defeats the very purpose for your caustic tone.

I do think you are a good writer. Just don't be a shitty person.

Thanks for the advice and compliments.

Check out this thread to get a feel on the kind of books I read

https://www.nairaland.com/7190751/reading-list-quest-read-every

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Short Christmas Story Of Hope (miracle Still Happen) / Her Unbecoming / Campus Blues. . . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.