Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,697 members, 7,802,055 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet (45634 Views)

Can't Send Dollars To Nigeria Any More / $19 Billion Dangote Refinery Gets Another 1 Million Barrels Crude Oil / Femi Otedola Having Lunch With Temi, His Daughter, Mr. Eazi’s Wife To Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by RedScorpion(f): 2:01am On Jun 20, 2022
There really is no such thing as a free lunch.

An anonymous bidder paid a record-breaking $19 million for a private steak lunch with legendary investor Warren Buffet.

The sale was part of the 21st annual auction for a lunch with Buffet, produced in collaboration with eBay and the Glide Foundation, a San Francisco-based non-profit working on combating poverty, hunger, and homelessness.

The bidding started with $25,000 on June 12 and ended with $19,000,100 from an anonymous bidder on Friday, according to a news release from eBay.

This year's huge sum is more than four times the winning bid of $4,567,888 in 2019 -- the last auction before a hiatus due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

2019's winner was cryptocurrency entrepreneur Justin Sun.

The mystery winner will enjoy a private lunch with Buffet and up to seven guests at Smith & Wollensky Steakhouse in New York City, says eBay.

Unfortunately for aspiring investors hoping to top this year's record, this is the last year of the "power lunch" with Buffet. The annual auction has raised over $53 million for Glide.

"On behalf of GLIDE and those we serve, I thank Warren Buffett for his unwavering generosity, partnership and dedication, and for his incredible contribution to our mission," said the organization's president and CEO Karen Hanrahan in the news release.

The auction was first started by the late Susie Buffet in 2000. Since 2003, eBay has managed the auction.

"We are incredibly proud that Warren Buffett's final Power Lunch has broken our all-time record of funds raised, with all proceeds supporting GLIDE's efforts to create pathways out of crisis and transform lives," said eBay CEO Jamie Iannone in the release.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/06/19/business/warren-buffet-lunch-19-million-trnd/index.html

29 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by EmptyGarden(m): 2:19am On Jun 20, 2022
Someone clearly had $19m to throwaway.

202 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by Benki003(m): 2:47am On Jun 20, 2022
Wetin I wan use the lunch do I rather use the money contest election for Nigeria grin grin

91 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by Seniorwriter(m): 3:32am On Jun 20, 2022
Just wow....anyways it's his money.
EmptyGarden:
contrarily it's not a throwaway but rather it's more of an investment involvement!
Be guided.
In another news you too yes you can earn via online too even if it's just $100 weekly or monthly....reach out to the Facebook ID on my profile for Tips....howbeit if you need mentorship on any Digital Skill we are running a promo for all Digital Skill training courses on our database for a 50% Slash on the fees duration is two weeks. Hurry now while offer lasts.
Advancedman:

Why the bidding?
Mandate to teach @d least 100 mentees before November.
@AMI3 the mentorship duration is 3weeks and the fee is a token $30....Don't even tell me you want a free service towards knowing the process of earning $100 weekly or Monthly depending on your zeal to earn.
Reach out via the Facebook ID on my profile or mention me with your WhatsApp number for furtherance.

@Seniorwriter

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by Nobody: 4:17am On Jun 20, 2022
Peter Obi will never do such!

He will rather go meet with Naira Marley for free.

80 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by MITCHELL96: 6:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Omo!

Money stops nonsense!

Believe it or not grin

He's a wise man Shaa, If you check his quotes on business just like the one the OP included, you'll love him

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by NairaLux(f): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by datola: 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hmmm...

1 Like

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by IKBARUTEN11(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Meanwhile, we don cancel lunch for naija due to bad governance

15 Likes

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by millionboi(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Madness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
EmptyGarden:

It is going to a charity. Not to anyone's pocket.

11 Likes

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by Tecnophone: 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Ok

1 Like

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by VeryWickedMan: 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Vanity upon vanity
All is poverty

Who carry payint wey I spread for rope?

15 Likes

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by SouthSouth1914: 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Obviously an Arab rich dude who wants to learn a thing or two about business with Buffet!!

Wise investment!

20 Likes

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by Antoeni(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Money Miss Road

7 Likes

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by Starboytwo(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
If you are a G boy, you are dulling. See 19 free million dollar wey the owner nor need. Chai.

If to say Rahmoni dey town, this kain thing nor go for happen.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by Dozie32(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
See money wey person just wasted.

2 Likes

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by UstazAhmed(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
Wasted money. Is he the Prophet Mohammed PBUH?

2 Likes

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by lathrowinger: 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
I hope Pandora won't hear this, he will send EBUBUAGU to kill that man instantly
Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by SmartPolician: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
So many people have money they don't even need in this life. This life is so not fair.

Please they should remember to do some charity in Africa. Africa has become the world's capital of poverty because of ruthless rulers and stupid voters.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by Jointheir7(f): 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hmmm...what an expensive "buffet" with Buffett!...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by Yankee101: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
It’s the last dinner

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by Iblak: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
I must be valuable in my life o

5 Likes

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by Searchingvictor: 6:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Opor
Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by floss(m): 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Ok
Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by reidkrugger(m): 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
These are people with money. There's something he knows that I don't. Sooooooo, I can't question his actions. E pass me. If not I for say, him de mad.

5 Likes

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by PStacks(m): 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
He didn't pay for the lunch

He paid for Wisdom

15 Likes

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by penocrat1(m): 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Underground money laundering scheme. Anonymous no get name?

11 Likes

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by Capuchinho: 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
Jesus is Lord..

Go and check, might be some mogul from Nigeria who after consulting baba in forest feels like he can use Nigeria's money to still Buffet's destiny..

Sorry, but Buffet is the yellow kid of all time
I duff my hat for the master scammer

He and baba cashed out on the Mogul (maga)

2 Likes

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by Ballzproblemm: 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
the donor won't get any tangible info , unless he's doing it just for meeting sake cheesy, Warren buffet and other rich men will not spill their what actually makes them money cheesy,them go just telll u the basics

18 Likes

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by jmoore(m): 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
The money was for charity

1 Like

Re: Someone Paid $19 Million Dollars To Eat Lunch With Warren Buffet by ednut1(m): 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
Money laundering or tax avoidance

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Iran Deal Could Destroy Nigeria's Economy / Tony Elumelu Working In His Private Jet (Photo) / Igho Sanomi Forfeits Private Jet, 3 London Homes To Swiss Bank Over $3m Debt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.