Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,966 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu (43682 Views)

Don’t Judge Tinubu With Buhari’s Failure, Mr Jollof Urges Celebs / Who Is Chief Bola Tinubu's Father? / 2023: "Look Inwards Before You Judge Tinubu" - Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by itchykuci: 6:12am On Jun 20, 2022
The presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, has recounted the struggle to emerge as the flagbearer of the ruling party in the 2023 general elections.

Recalling that his victory at the party’s presidential primary did not come easy, he said he fought a hard battle to clinch the ticket.

Tinubu, a former governor of Lagos, relived his experience on Sunday when he paid a visit to the Oba of Lagos, Rilwan Akiolu, at his palace to receive royal blessings shortly after he returned to the state.

“There is no Lagos indigene that has had the opportunity to become President of Nigeria, despite the contribution of the state to the national stability and progress,” he was quoted as saying in a statement by Mr Gboyega Akosile, the Chief Press Secretary to Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State.

“The highest position attained by any Lagosian in national leadership is the position of Chief Judge of the Federation. I took up the fight to break this jinx. The battle to secure the APC ticket was hard. When I was almost fed up, I resorted to prayers. I also poured out my mind when I felt there was a gang up against my person. Thank God that I have brought home the presidential ticket.”

The APC presidential candidate added, “The task ahead is to galvanise our people to get their voter’s cards and vote to enable us realise this ambition.

“Getting our people to vote is the most important task before all of us. We need to take this message to our people across communities and sensitise them on the need to vote in the general elections.”

Source: https://www.channelstv.com/2022/06/19/apc-ticket-when-i-was-almost-fed-up-i-resorted-to-prayers-tinubu/

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Ddeliverer007(m): 6:13am On Jun 20, 2022
Highest office obtained by an ekiti man nko? What about a benue man? People go just Dey talk rubbish

397 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Anaerobi(m): 6:16am On Jun 20, 2022
Nigeria Deserve something better than This man please

352 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Totilopussylick(m): 6:17am On Jun 20, 2022
Primary election will be his last victory anyway tongue

237 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Ajaatolu: 6:17am On Jun 20, 2022
Hnnnm

1 Like

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Gentlerespect76: 6:26am On Jun 20, 2022
See presidential qualification? Nigeria who did you offend?

141 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Acidosis(m): 6:28am On Jun 20, 2022
See this Osun man from Iragbiji grin grin What jinx are you breaking, sir?

You took up the fight to break what jinx? LMAO

142 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Pakute: 6:35am On Jun 20, 2022
Do I need to remind ipob pigs that there is sit at home today and Simon Ekpa is locking up their parents at home.

132 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by itchykuci: 6:40am On Jun 20, 2022
Pakute:
Do I need to remind ipob pigs that there is sit at home today and Simon Ekpa is locking up their parents at home.
Ipob catastrophe in south east might be small compared to what oluomo boys will do in Lagos when your tyrant Jagaban becomes king of Nigeria.

146 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Pandev(m): 6:42am On Jun 20, 2022
Ddeliverer007:
Highest office obtained by an ekiti man nko? What about a benue man? People go just Dey talk rubbish
Gentlerespect76:
See presidential qualification? Nigeria who did you offend?
2023 is a done deal for BAT don't twist the whole things for Pete's sake. Jagaban was explaining to Oba of Lagos the reason Lagos people must be encouraged to get their PVCs so that someone from Lagos will clinch the position. Kastina has done it twice and the campaign point of Buhari to his kastina people then was that 'my veevu, you know our son, in person of Umar Musa Yar'adua couldn't complete his tenure as vresident, so, a pote por me is a pote for Kastina. We must not allow this veevu to cheat us'. So let the city boy do it.

64 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by naijaguy1234(m): 6:45am On Jun 20, 2022
What a fighter. BAT 2023 !

From a regional common Leandro a National leader. He surely worked for it and paid his dues . Tell me one colleague of his in 1999 that is his match now ? He’s by far way ahead of them.

***Copied list***

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by emmyt2: 6:49am On Jun 20, 2022
This man is a political Maradona , he understands this game very well..
You under rate him at your own peril.

A fighter indeed..

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by gasparpisciotta: 6:54am On Jun 20, 2022
If Osinbajo who has lived all his adult life in Lagos is not a lagosian, then most lagosians are not lagosians including Asiwaju himself.

What then qualifies one to be a lagosian?

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Xbobtage: 7:31am On Jun 20, 2022
typing...
Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by QueenOfTheCoast(f): 7:33am On Jun 20, 2022
Pakute:
all of a sudden Nigeria will need a man like Tinubu to fix Buhari's mess.
all of a sudden after 7 years they've now realised that Buhari's government is now a failure since campaigning for continuity of their party's failure means mocking Nigeria.
all of a sudden buhari is no longer the best thing to happen to Nigeria after cat fish pepper soup.
all of a sudden they're now Buhari's critics just to project and tested failure within the same party.
because how will they explain to Nigerians that their party is the cause of their problems.
how can they explain to Nigerian youths sitting at home that their party is the reason they're rotting at home when they're supposed to be in the school.
how will they explain to Nigerians that their party is the cause of ravaging insecurities we found ourselves today and that their presidential candidate will be recruiting 50 million youths into the army to feed them agbado and cassava.
how can they explain to Nigerians that their party has failed them in every aspects.

of course they have no explanation for all these hence their only hope is to go tribal and play their usual old tribalism and tribal card tactics.
but you as a citizen of this country ask yourself this question.
will tribalism better our economy to at least prior to 2015?
will tribalism end insecurity and make everyone safe?
will tribalism send our children back to school and equip our schools.
will tribalism make life better for an average citizen?

so after pushing for a failure to be President what next?
when the suffering comes will it select other tribe and leave yours?
today all Nigerians are suffering but Buhari got the highest votes from the North.

dear fellow citizens it's time to look into these people's eyes and tell them to go to hell with their division tactics.
at a point all major tribes never believed in Nigeria but today they made it look like they love Nigeria most but keep presenting bad leaders ruining this country.
it's time to say enough is enough.

THE YOUTHS ARE COMING!

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by SarkinYarki: 7:53am On Jun 20, 2022
But you are not even a Lagosian

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:56am On Jun 20, 2022
This one dey deny his state Osun.But you are claiming Osibanjo is not from Lagos.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by NaughtyBrainiac: 8:11am On Jun 20, 2022
Lol
Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by AnambraPrince: 8:16am On Jun 20, 2022
Tinubu #Cityboy 2023 cool. Your haters can commit suicide if they want, nobody cares undecided

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by PlayerMeji: 9:17am On Jun 20, 2022
No b lie

My issue with the whole thing is what happened to Father Mbaka who because he simply criticized Peter Obi as a fellow Christian had his parish shutdown...

What would happen if a non Christian criticize his government if he becomes the president.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Never4getU: 10:21am On Jun 20, 2022
Nawa o! so it has now become the business of a yoruba man to abandon the overall interest of yoruba nation for that of Benue? many people in Nigeria has refused to learn overtime, that politics is all about interest and there are no limit to ur interest for as long as u can sustain it.

Ddeliverer007:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by DWJOBScom(m): 10:56am On Jun 20, 2022
Is Tinubu FROM LAGOS ??
If he is from Lagos , then anyone can lay claim to offices in Lagos.
It's my right is what got us to where PMB got us to.
To think that Nigerians voted Buhari for a second term is so funny and shocking
The dude didn't even say a word and here we are...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Built2last: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2022
Tinubu is a chauvinistic tribal bigot.

Most Yoruba Muslims support him not because he is more capable but because of Tribe and religion.

All this man has been shouting is

It is MY TURN
It is the turn of Yoruba

Now it is the turn of a Lagosian

Wetin concern me self.

I am not the one to beg for food in the next 8 years. I have been rescued from poverty by God of heaven and no going back

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Shellsploit: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2022
Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by nonut: 10:56am On Jun 20, 2022
Out of point.

4 Likes

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by FalseProphet1(m): 10:57am On Jun 20, 2022
So this is tinubu's campaign manifesto.

He wants to rule because it's his turn.

He wants to rule because no lagosian has attained a higher position than chief judge.

As marginalised as the South East is Peter Obi has never said he wants to rule because no Igbo man has tasted power for over 50years, he has spent his time looking for solutions to the multiple problems Nigeria and Nigerians are facing.

Yet some people feel tinubu is a better choice than Peter Obi.

Just know that if you vote tinubu and he wins, what you suffered under Buhari would be a child's play compared to what you'll suffer under tinubu. Cos tinubu would treat Nigeria like his personal property.

This I have seen.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Bar1941(m): 10:57am On Jun 20, 2022
sad
Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Bar1941(m): 10:58am On Jun 20, 2022
angry
Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by bigdammyj: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2022
Noted.
Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by LtChisom: 10:58am On Jun 20, 2022
See scope

Pakute:

How much will be allocated to pampers and diazepam if tinubu gets to be the president? The mofo can't even hold Nigeria flag steadily for 1 second, it is Nigeria that he wants to hold.
It is obvious you were born through abortion and your hopeless religion have turned your brain to akamu.

7 Likes

Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by Bar1941(m): 10:58am On Jun 20, 2022
Great
Re: Highest Office Attained By A Lagosian Is Chief Judge - Tinubu by IamNat: 10:59am On Jun 20, 2022
TRUE!!!

The rate at which the media pays close attention to Tinubu's movement is alarming. Any little thing he does makes the news, I don't know if this should be seen as a blessing to him or a curse.

But sincerely, Tinubu as tried for himself and he as achieved so much that he's now feared in every quarter. Unfortunately, I don't see him becoming the president, Atiku stands a better chance, the odds against Tinubu are just too much, the president and the presidency are afraid of him, his party chairman is afraid of him, he has the Muslim-Muslim ticket issue to deal with, and his health is also failing.

So far, Atiku appears to have everything under control, he is Fulani like the president and a northerner, he as control of his party, he as a southern Christian as his running mate, and he appears healthier.

Take it or leave it, Obi won't go that far, he'll come a distant third, forget all the online hyping.

So I'll give it to Atiku, it's not yet the time for a Lagosian to lead the country.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sabon Gari Market In Kano On Fire / Amaechi Has Lost Decorum, Says Presidency / Zahra Buhari And Dele Momodu Pictured Together In London As They Support Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.