Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,477 members, 7,801,203 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1381413 Views)

Chelsea, Man City Face Relegation From EPL After Everton Point Deduction / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) ... (4581) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2023
Moral of the story—if you ain’t gon show empathy, that’s ok as it’s your fundamental human right to refuse to do so.

Only thing is, you better not cry in public and swallow all your Ls in private with hot dogonyaro tea because when you cry in public, there will be no empathy for you.

The German Marksman explains my point better:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:04pm On Mar 29, 2023
Abuja ronu o!

Okay, that one was funny grin grin

"Ronu" no get meaning for Gwari language?

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:07pm On Mar 29, 2023
Eazzii:
Before, I used to think of Escobar as a hero. They suppose put 2 by 2 for him mancunnt before he die. angry

That guy ruined lives upon lives.

He is no different from Nigerian politicians sha!

They appear good by sharing peanuts, but make billions through the back door, while being responsible for the deaths of so many, either directly or indirectly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:18pm On Mar 29, 2023
izzou:

They appear good by sharing peanuts, but make billions through the back door, while being responsible for the deaths of so many, either directly or indirectly

Use right hand give, use left hand collect am back. Foolish people will come and start hailing you. Ohh, he built schools and hospitals. He trained people in school. Not knowing that that was less than 5% of the money he acquired via blood.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:21pm On Mar 29, 2023
Imagine Dayo ever complaining about suffering racist attack! Telling him he's 3\5th of a human being for his skin colour.

Chai! Na to enter church that day. cheesy cheesy

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Donjazet2: 12:24pm On Mar 29, 2023
Ibukzy:
@donjazet2 what do you have to say about this?

I don't even know there's an igala community in Anambra. If they're, it means, they're less than 3% of the entire state making the prospects of a person of that community statistically speaking, rising to the very top, herculean. Doesn't mean it can't happen sha.

Hope to see the day it actually happens. We'll be glad to celebrate it.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 12:34pm On Mar 29, 2023
Donjazet2:

I don't even know there's an igala community in Anambra. If they're, it means, they're less than 3% of the entire state making the prospects of a person of that community statistically speaking, rising to the very top, herculean. Doesn't mean it can't happen sha.

I’m Igala from Kogi state and whilst i was in Lagos, I met a woman who is an indigene of one of the communities mentioned in the tweet.

From the outside, you couldn’t tell this woman was Igala. She is light skinned and speaks Igbo flawlessly and the assimilation is crazy. I’ll ask her about her experiences being an indigenous Igala in an Igbo state.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:42pm On Mar 29, 2023
Ibukzy:
@donjaze2 what do you have to say about this?

Hopefully Anambra State will be able to have a governor who is ethnic minority and Moslem

After the persecution of anyone not catholic by Peter Obi

7 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Theflint1(m): 12:45pm On Mar 29, 2023
Donjazet2:

There was a thread on these Igala people from Anambra...there are 21 LGAs in Anambra, and they're found in one of these LGAs (Anambra West), Anambra West LGA has Igbo and Igala communities.

https://www.nairaland.com/2494402/igala-people-anambra-state
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2023
DeadPresidents:

I’m Igala from Kogi state and whilst i was in Lagos, I met a woman who is an indigene of one of the communities mentioned in the tweet.

From the outside, you couldn’t tell this woman was Igala. She is light skinned and speaks Igbo flawlessly and the assimilation is crazy. I’ll ask her about her experiences being an indigenous Igala in an Igbo state.

I saw the post below on a 2017 thread in which the OP criticized the neglect of the Igala tribe in Anambra state.

joeprince23:
[b]i have lived in anambra for over five year and my inlaws are from there,so i will make a few points.

anambra west lga is one out of the 21 lga’s that make up anambra ,and yes their a few igala/igbo mixed villages in anambra west lga, anambra population is 98% igbo and 2% olumbanasa people( igala included) found in northwestern part of anambra ie.anambra west lga.
but make no mistake NOBODY is marginalising any body the problem here is that most of this communities are either remote or riverine. just like most underdebeloped commutities in anambra are mostly riverine.
anambra west lga is totally disconnected and remote from central anambra and the rest of anambra.
the same way they are igbos in abi lga of cross river and ndoki-igbos in akwa ibom state etc,but my point is these igbos are not significant just like igalas in anambra west lga are insignificant the best these minorities can do is to assimiliate into their respective states.
NOTE: There is significante igbo populations only in rivers and delta ouside SE nigeria just like yorubas in kogi and benue ouside SW.
The present governor who is from riverine part of anambra east lga is doing a lot to open up many riverine and creek communities in anambra so instead of a NON ANAMBRARIAN from idah kogi state to start this false misleading write up on FACEBOOK about ANAMBRA affairs,he should focus himself with huge marginalisation from the IGALA’S against ebira and okun people in kogi state or even to lokoja where GOV BELLO is failing massively[/b]

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2023
izzou:

This one no be news naa.

Bagudu na Abacha bagboy.

And he will be part of those to build a renewed Nigeria with BAT

Abacha boys plenty for this country

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2023
Please sirs, who knows any thing about source photonics? What can it used for?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 12:55pm On Mar 29, 2023
raumdeuter:

Abacha boys plenty for this country

This one no follow, my oga.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emmynator(m): 12:59pm On Mar 29, 2023
It's good to dream that our reality will change, but until it changes, it remains a reality.
It's an herculean task for minorities to win elections in Nigeria.
Nigeria is uniquely heterogeneous. As long as our primary source of identity remains tribe, we will be divided along those lines. Politicians will continue to take advantage of it, because it is potent, they just have to create an US vs THEM scenario and a tribal man will rise to defend his tribe from perceived threats or maintain superiority over others.
There's a saying "my brother against Me, I and my brother against an outsider", we mostly unite only when there's a common enemy.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 12:59pm On Mar 29, 2023
izzou:

This one no follow, my oga.

Every agenda follows
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 1:01pm On Mar 29, 2023
raumdeuter:

Every agenda follows

Whatever you say, Chief!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 1:07pm On Mar 29, 2023
Happy 71st birthday to the President elect

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban Borgu

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:15pm On Mar 29, 2023
grin

Phase 1 is over.... phase 2 is fully activated. No essence arguing or defending something so clear to even the purveyors that its not the truth.

Tney just wanna share it to get engagements from their ilks. To me its so simple, read the gibberish, laugh so hard and move to the next post.

May 29 on my mind.....and happy Birthday to President-Elect and incoming Commander-in-Chief.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2023
izzou:

As long as there is a huge demand for drugs, then some entity must step in to produce and supply. However, as long as Governments across the world continue to criminalise narcotics, then investors in that industry must rely on increasingly brutal and violent means to resolve business disputes that would typically be litigated in courts if they were legal.

So I think Escobar's generosity can be assesed with some nuance - Is it possible that his philanthropy was a pragmatic concession or cynical bribe to a populace he needed to get on side? Of course. But did he genuinely make people's lives better and improve their quality of life? Absolutely.

What violence Escobar commited and all the other Narcos continue to commit today, was happening in America during the prohibition era in the 1920s when Alcohol of all things was illegal.

Infact it was during that era that great fortunes were amassed by illegal Alcohol brewers and distribution rackets, and those bootlegging operations were a direct contributor to the rise of the Italian Mafia in the US.

In 2023 Peter Obi was campaigning about bringing American owned Breweries to Nigeria as a mark of progress, but a 100 years ago his 'Investors' from the same country, in the same business would have been Sicilian killers.

I suppose my point is that a lot of the Narco violence is direct consequence of Governments that refuse to evolve in line with population trends...its not just the Escobars of this world that are to blame.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DeadPresidents: 1:43pm On Mar 29, 2023
nihilistjnr:

As long as there is a huge demand for drugs, then some entity must step in to produce and supply. However, as long as Governments across the world continue to criminalise narcotics, then investors in that industry must rely on increasingly brutal and violent means to resolve business disputes that would typically be litigated in courts if they were legal.

So I think Escobar's generosity can be assesed with some nuance - Is it possible that his philanthropy was a pragmatic concession or cynical bribe to a populace he needed to get on side? Of course. But did he genuinely make people's lives better and improve their quality of life? Absolutely.

What violence Escobar commited and all the other Narcos continue to commit today, was happening in America during the prohibition era in the 1920s when Alcohol of all things was illegal.

Infact it was during that era that great fortunes were amassed by illegal Alcohol brewers and distribution rackets, and those bootlegging operations were a direct contributor to the rise of the Italian Mafia in the US.

In 2023 Peter Obi was campaigning about bringing American owned Breweries to Nigeria as a mark of progress, but a 100 years ago his 'Investors' from the same country, in the same business would have been Sicilian killers.

I suppose my point is that a lot of the Narco violence is direct consequence of Governments that refuse to evolve in line with population trends...its not just the Escobars of this world that are to blame.

I read that in the same voice Wesley Snipes used when he played Niño Brown in New Jack City cheesy

Nino Brown : I'm not guilty. You're the one that's guilty. The lawmakers, the politicians, the Columbian drug lords, all you who lobby against making drugs legal. Just like you did with alcohol during the prohibition. You're the one who's guilty. I mean, c'mon, let's kick the ballistics here: Ain't no Uzi's made in Harlem. Not one of us in here owns a poppy field. This thing is bigger than Nino Brown. This is big business. This is the American way.

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by OasisX: 1:46pm On Mar 29, 2023
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by nihilistjnr: 1:49pm On Mar 29, 2023
DeadPresidents:

I read that in the same voice Wesley Snipes used when he played Niño Brown in New Jack City cheesy

Nino Brown : I'm not guilty. You're the one that's guilty. The lawmakers, the politicians, the Columbian drug lords, all you who lobby against making drugs legal. Just like you did with alcohol during the prohibition. You're the one who's guilty. I mean, c'mon, let's kick the ballistics here: Ain't no Uzi's made in Harlem. Not one of us in here owns a poppy field. This thing is bigger than Nino Brown. This is big business. This is the American way.

Omo Nino was a legend. He was ready to snitch on everybody starting with 'educated brother' Kareem Akbar grin grin grin

It pained me how my man beat the courts and fell to a hater.

Realmrsean Seankafor go love this movie grin grin

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by BlueRayDick: 1:57pm On Mar 29, 2023
nihilistjnr:

What does the bold part of ur post mean ? How was the government expected to evolve in line with population trends? What aare these population trends?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:03pm On Mar 29, 2023
nihilistjnr:

How can govt evolve with the trends regarding drugs to eliminate Narco violence
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 2:24pm On Mar 29, 2023
nihilistjnr:

Omo Nino was a legend. He was ready to snitch on everybody starting with 'educated brother' Kareem Akbar grin grin grin

It pained me how my man beat the courts and fell to a hater.

Realmrsean Seankafor go love this movie grin grin
narcos is and still remains my best series till date and I don't see any series that'd overthrow it in my ratings..

I learnt many street codes from that movie and also from my mentor Escobar..

My favorite quote from the series is/was

"LIES ARE NECESSARY WHEN THE TRUTH IS HARD TO BELIEVE"..
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 2:28pm On Mar 29, 2023
BlueRayDick:

At this rate , I won’t be surprised if Desmond Elliot sef collect him 8 transformers back grin
You are wicked. grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by chrisooblog: 2:33pm On Mar 29, 2023
Make drugs legal like they did with alcohol regulate its usage.

Unpopular idea but something to think about.

raumdeuter:

How can govt evolve with the trends regarding drugs to eliminate Narco violence
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:48pm On Mar 29, 2023
chrisooblog:

How do you make cocaine, heroine, fentanyl and Meth legal and how do you regulate its usage? You tell people that you can only smoke 1 wrap per day and you have someone monitoring them to ensure compliance?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by izzou(m): 2:49pm On Mar 29, 2023
raumdeuter:

How do you make cocaine, heroine fentanyi and Meth legal and how do you regulate its use? You tell people that you can only smoke 1 wrap per day and you have someone monitoring them to ensure complaince?

grin grin grin
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Spy360(m): 2:51pm On Mar 29, 2023
chrisooblog:

I see what ice is doing on the streets. Legalising drugs will only make it affordable, but will send souls to asylum.

Could this discussion be the growing preliminary effect of having a drug baron as president-elect?

We are f**ked embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (2165) (2166) (2167) (2168) (2169) (2170) (2171) ... (4581) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.