Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,026 members, 7,807,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions (1404012 Views)

Chelsea, Man City Face Relegation From EPL After Everton Point Deduction / EPL: Weekend's Results, Updated Premier League Table And Top Scorers / EPL: Five Things We Learnt From The English Premier League This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (4603) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Bomboiy:

It is more of tribal sentiment,the PDP ticket was supposed to be zoned to the south or even further to the SE. Umahi said something about this when he left PDP for APC, PDP never had any plans for igbos.

Peter Obi is the best shot,the most qualified Igbo politician ever,if he can't win then which other Igbo politician can? Rochas that got zero votes during APC primaries? OUK that is doing boyboy for Ahmad Lawan or Obiano that I won't even vote for? Peter Obi is the only one that can draw support from other region yet he wasn't even in contention for PDP ticket,a party we have been loyal to for decades,omo we go watch PDP burn to ground even if it is just to make a statement.

Well you are right and I agree with you. You have to be prepared to play the long game though because if Labor becomes a regional party, you need time to win most SE states and now to try negotiate with another party to get to the center

If that is your plan, then you will agree that 2023 is too soon to actualize an Obi presidency, Maybe in 2027 if the energy continues you will be closer to it
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2022
Bomboiy:

Of course every politician is a thief but every thief no be the same. Like Peter Obi said "When you take 1billion that is greed, when you take 80billion that is sickness"

Person like Okowa is owing pensioners,wike was splashing dollars on delegates while owing pensioners. Nobody is a saint but some people are evil.

Every small thief has the potential to be a big thief depending on what they have access to. If its meat in the pot, money in wallet or treasury
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
Android22:
Or he simply did his typical I belong to nobody etc lines. Saraki and Dogara would have towed the party line in PDP but Buhari let them do as they pleased. It came back to bite him as they wasted his first term effectively whilst carrying out political suicide on themselves.

That is why its idealistic to be a I belong to everyone. Politics is tribal, you pick your own tribe. That is why I laughed at osinbajo people. APC will be having issues at state level, you have presidential ambition hoping to get delegates from these same people but you will never go out to support them

APC was having issues in Edo, Osinbajo stood aloof, APC was having issues in many Northern states, Buhari stood back. It was Tinubu that was putting his head everywhere to fight for them. Most of the enemies Tinubu has today was as a result of fighting proxy wars for some of his proteges. Yet in 2022 yu are xpecting the same people who you did not care about to vote for you

Same reason I think PDP did WIke badly, when the party was struggling Atiku was in Dubai, Wike was the one going around to help the party

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tikikata: 4:53pm On Jun 21, 2022
Android22:
So after blowing steam, no more substance abi? No more hot air.

Thanks

Niiga,rest!!!!

Any video of your tinubu on how to restore Nigeria from the quagmire it is in which he was part of.....

Can he challenge other candidate to a debate on a live national debate? Not the packaging you foot soldiers are doing

Ohhh,he wants to feed the youths with cassava and agbado to tackle insecurity

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Tikikata: 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
CAPdan21:

Omoh most of them are hypocrites...Someone will see this state we are now in, when unemployment, corruption, inflation and insecurity has increased a thousand fold and come here to promote the Man that brought forward the idiot buhari and whose boys are in key positions in this failed government as a solution to our leadership problem... Shame

He should relocate back to Nigeria with his family to enjoy the good leadership and his Mr good administrator....

Jonathan era was not as worse as this but see what egbon morality police was saying then

1 Like

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
Tikikata:

He should relocate back to Nigeria with his family to enjoy the good leadership and his Mr good administrator....

Jonathan era was not as worse as this but see what egbon morality police was saying then

Jonathan was a clueless leader and he was deservedly voted out.. The same Jonathan has moved on and he is following buhari all over today
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bomboiy: 5:06pm On Jun 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

Well you are right and I agree with you. You have to be prepared to play the long game though because if Labor becomes a regional party, you need time to win most SE states and now to try negotiate with another party to get to the center

If that is your plan, then you will agree that 2023 is too soon to actualize an Obi presidency, Maybe in 2027 if the energy continues you will be closer to it

I am afraid that you are right about the timing, remember I told you that most of obi supporters are apolitical,I doubt if the energy will continue till 2027. An average Igbo man is suffering from political apathy, there is no guarantee that igbos can be patient they would rather go back to Nnamdi Kanu.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bomboiy: 5:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

Every small thief has the potential to be a big thief depending on what they have access to. If its meat in the pot, money in wallet or treasury

Some people have had access but didn't steal too many, remember Peter Obi left over 75 billion,he could have stolen like 60b or not even leave anything at all. Some people are more evil than others.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android22: 5:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

That is why its idealistic to be a I belong to everyone. Politics is tribal, you pick your own tribe. That is why I laughed at osinbajo people. APC will be having issues at state level, you have presidential ambition hoping to get delegates from these same people but you will never go out to support them

APC was having issues in Edo, Osinbajo stood aloof, APC was having issues in many Northern states, Buhari stood back. It was Tinubu that was putting his head everywhere to fight for them. Most of the enemies Tinubu has today was as a result of fighting proxy wars for some of his proteges. Yet in 2022 yu are xpecting the same people who you did not care about to vote for you

Same reason I think PDP did WIke badly, when the party was struggling Atiku was in Dubai, Wike was the one going around to help the party
PYO would never have gone against BAT except someone greater than BAT egged him on and that person is Buhari. But Buhari, just like you pointed out, does not have the wherewithal to bring people to the drawing board and he did not even try to rig the primaries like an OBJ would have done for his candidate.

As for all you said, I agree, Wike focused on keeping the PDP on life support when others abandoned it, but Wike's lack of negotiating skill is also his undoing. That strong man front is now archaic. The modern day politician has to be able to compromise, bend, suffer and be patient - attributes BAT has at his disposal again.

2 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
Bomboiy:

I am afraid that you are right about the timing, remember I told you that most of obi supporters are apolitical,I doubt if the energy will continue till 2027. An average Igbo man is suffering from political apathy, there is no guarantee that igbos can be patient they would rather go back to Nnamdi Kanu.

Thanks for being civil

If the energy doesn't continue then what happens? Its just a wasted opportunity. When Ojukwu created APGA and it won 2 states elections before long the 2 governors voted in on the platform of APGA left it. Obi to PDP, Rochas to APC. APGA that was started at the same time as AC began to fizzle out

Same thing with PPA I think. That Kalu created they won 2 states Abia and Another state. Before long the 2 governors who should be building the party left to PDP. Ruining all the good work done

Now Labor again, probably will win some state governorship elections, If the energy is not carried forward, then the momentum of 2023 will be lost again

When Tinubu broke away from AD to create AC which later became ACN, he had multiple opportunities to sellout and collapse into PDP. In 2011 Jonathan brought him a massive deal, but he continued his own party now its national

If you dont have a long term approach to politics then you wont achieve much
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Android22: 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
Tikikata:

Niiga,rest!!!!

Any video of your tinubu on how to restore Nigeria from the quagmire it is in which he was part of.....

Can he challenge other candidate to a debate on a live national debate? Not the packaging you foot soldiers are doing

Ohhh,he wants to feed the youths with cassava and agbado to tackle insecurity
I told you who will win because I am realistic not that I support said person. Where I am different from most of you is, I am now trying to ferret out what a BAT presidency will look like. You will rather live in la la land. Give it time, you'll be back to earth in 2023.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2022
Android22:
PYO would never have gone against BAT except someone greater than BAT egged him on and that person is Buhari. But Buhari, just like you pointed out, does not have the wherewithal to bring people to the drawing board and he did not even try to rig the primaries like an OBJ would have done for his candidate.

As for all you said, I agree, Wike focused on keeping the PDP on life support when others abandoned it, but Wike's lack of negotiating skill is also his undoing. That strong man front is now archaic. The modern day politician has to be able to compromise, bend, suffer and be patient - attributes BAT has at his disposal again.

I think Buharis silence confuses a lot of people, You wont know if he is supporting or opposing you. Everyone who went to him for endorsement got a "Go Ahead"

PYO going ahead when he is depending on Buharis endorsement and Tinubus structure looks foolish in retrospect

You still need a strongheaded man like Wike sometime. If not for Wike, Obaseki wont be governor in Edo and PDP would be weaker nationally at this moment
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bomboiy: 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

Thanks for being civil

If the energy doesn't continue then what happens? Its just a wasted opportunity. When Ojukwu created APGA and it won 2 states elections before long the 2 governors voted in on the platform of APGA left it. Obi to PDP, Rochas to APC. APGA that was started at the same time as AC began to fizzle out

Same thing with PPA I think. That Kalu created they won 2 states Abia and Another state. Before long the 2 governors who should be building the party left to PDP. Ruining all the good work done

Now Labor again, probably will win some state governorship elections, If the energy is not carried forward, then the momentum of 2023 will be lost again

When Tinubu broke away from AD to create AC which later became ACN, he had multiple opportunities to sellout and collapse into PDP. In 2011 Jonathan brought him a massive deal, but he continued his own party now its national

If you dont have a long term approach to politics then you wont achieve much

Alex Ekwueme was one of the founders of PDP, hence igbos have always seen PDP like our own. SE has been a PDP stronghold before regional parties like Apga and PPA. Ohakim and mbadinuju have been governors under PDP in imo and Anambra respectively before the emergence of Apga. If there's anything Apga slowed igbos down in national politics, together with MASSOB and ipob.

There is a reason why Ojukwu lost to Obasanjo even in Anambra state, I think there are elections Apga did not produce a candidate instead they backed PDP. You are right regarding building with labour party,i think this will be the best time for that,with the OBIdient wave. There's is no future for us in PDP.

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bomboiy: 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
I once mentioned the OBIdient wave in Edo state, Obaseki just confirmed it.
LMAO, some people still think Obi won't win southeast,I can't wait for 2023.

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 6:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
Bomboiy:

Alex Ekwueme was one of the founders of PDP, hence igbos have always seen PDP like our own. SE has been a PDP stronghold before regional parties like Apga and PPA. Ohakim and mbadinuju have been governors under PDP in imo and Anambra respectively before the emergence of Apga. If there's anything Apga slowed igbos down in national politics, together with MASSOB and ipob.

There is a reason why Ojukwu lost to Obasanjo even in Anambra state, I think there are elections Apga did not produce a candidate instead they back PDP. You are right regarding building with labour party,i think this will be the best time for that,with the OBIdient wave. There's is no future for us in PDP.

I wish you good luck in this long road you have chosen. If you are patient, it will be more rewarding than being in PDP

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 9:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
Bomboiy:

There is a reason why Ojukwu lost to Obasanjo even in Anambra state, I think there are elections Apga did not produce a candidate instead they back PDP. You are right regarding building with labour party,i think this will be the best time for that,with the OBIdient wave. There's is no future for us in PDP.

DontBullshitMe this is one of such people I am talking about, And according to many people the SE are ready to queue en masse behind Obi even if he loses
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 9:20pm On Jun 21, 2022
If possible, India’s voting machines should be used in next year’s elections. Those machines are not connected to the internet, hence there is zero risk of hacking the system
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by DontBullshitMe: 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
raumdeuter:

Dont...BullshitMe this is one of such people I am talking about, And according to many people the SE are ready to queue en masse behind Obi even if he loses
The poster can only speak for himself, though I don't discount his opinion.

But majority of voters in SE will hedge their bet on PDP or even APC. Don't forget that sitting Governors can really be influential in Presidential elections. Wike openly said it that APC approached him for them to get 25% in 2019 Presidential election.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
mukina2

Kindly unban Oasis001. The Moniker has never engaged in trouble or committed any offence, until the Day it was banned till 2032.

Please, kindly unban it, because its created to preserve a precious Memory.

Thanks.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by PDPGuy: 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
3 APC Senators have decamped to the PDP (2) and the NNPP (1)…
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
PDPGuy:
3 APC Senators have decamped to the PDP (2) and the NNPP (1)…

Its expected, coz they lost Primaries at APC, hence need another Party to continue their respective careers at Senate.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Oasis007(m): 9:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
Shina Peller also left APC for Accord Party, because he couldn't beat the incumbent Senator, Salisu Buhari, and still doesn't wanna give up.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Bomboiy: 10:07pm On Jun 21, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

The poster can only speak for himself, though I don't discount his opinion.

But majority of voters in SE will hedge their bet on PDP or even APC. Don't forget that sitting Governors can really be influential in Presidential elections. Wike openly said it that APC approached him for them to get 25% in 2019 Presidential election.

One thing most of you don't know is that most Obi supporters don't care about his chance of winning,we don't care about party structures. Most of us are even voting for the first time,the PDP and APC card carrying members in the east are free to vote for their party but they will be a tiny minority of SE people.

You should know that next year election will be different from the rest,i can't predict it but the only thing I can assure you is that Obi will clear SE convincingly.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Itsrm(m): 10:52am On Jun 22, 2022

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:20pm On Jun 22, 2022
This is what Ekweremadu has to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwSjTUdCr04

But I think he is just a PDP man saying things that favor his party, If you interview Ngige or Kalu he will also say APC will win 98% of SE votes
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 22, 2022
raumdeuter:
This is what Ekweremadu has to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwSjTUdCr04

But I think he is just a PDP man saying things that favor his party, If you interview Ngige or Kalu he will also say APC will win 98% of SE votes

I don't think ekweremadu is still in pdp. BTW, he's speaking facts.
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 2:51pm On Jun 22, 2022
Elder0001:
I don't think ekweremadu is still in pdp. BTW, he's speaking facts.

What is the fact? I think Obi will win some SE states and even if he keeps up the momentum might sweep the entire SE, Any Senatorial candidate under LP fit even enjoy out of the Obi movement
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by seankafor(m): 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2022

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
Please this is important!

It's a common feature for many people here interested in politics to proclaim overconfident projections.
Calling people delusional or trying to state for a fact that your perceived intuition is indeed a matter of fact. Please refrain from such hyperboles.

It is said that 24 hours is too much time in politics.

I was the very 1st person to mention Peter Obi's name on this section about 3 months ago and people called me delusional. They mocked me for being far detached from reality. Today he has become the most talked about politician across the federation. Both from detractors and supporters alike. And once any politician successfully centers national attention on himself, you know he certainly has political weight.

Now, a lot of things are about to change within the next few days and months that renders whatever prediction we are making now very useless!

Nobody knows how politics in the SS and SE would turnout. Obi's name has taken over the airwaves, I can tell you that. All political discussions on radio are centered around him, Whatsapp statuses are filled with enthusiastic Obi campaigners and fans.

FACT! The vast majority of nigerians are disillusioned with the performances of this government and it's party.
The consequences of that is what will be determined within the next few months.

I'm sure some of you saw the pictures of the meeting between wike and Obi. That's to tell you that the future is very pregnant.

So please, stop making predictions and stating them with an air of arrogance and self assurance. No one knows tomorrow in politics.

11 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by Emmynator(m): 5:28pm On Jun 22, 2022
raumdeuter:
If you have any question or query against Tinubus candidature and can avoid insults or personal attacks bring it forward and I will address it

Good evening boss, I am currently neutral and I am yet to pick a candidate, but I am currently leaning towards Obi.
My questions.
1. How do you respond to questions of Tinubu's health challenge?
2. How do you respond to questions of Tinubu's corruption? Do you give a know "thief" a bigger platform to steal?
3. Do you think Tinubu will handle our economy better than Obi (it seems this is Obi's strongest point)?
4. What reforms is Tinubu poise to make that will better the country?

Aside the question of if Obi "will" win or not, do you think Obi is the most qualified of the three candidates?
Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by raumdeuter: 5:55pm On Jun 22, 2022
Emmynator:

Good evening boss, I am currently neutral and I am yet to pick a candidate, but I am currently leaning towards Obi.
My questions.
2. How do you respond to questions of Tinubu's corruption? Do you give a know "thief" a bigger platform to steal?
3. Do you think Tinubu will handle our economy better than Obi (it seems this is Obi's strongest point)?

Aside the question of if Obi "will" win or not, do you think Obi is the most qualified of the three candidates?

1. Tinubu health challenge, what we know is that he went for a knee surgery recently but given his activity and movement in the last 2-3 months meeting delegates, campaigning and travelling, does that seem like a man who has a bigger health challenge than the other candidates? His age has nothing to do with governance, Most of the top countries in the world have presidents who re around 70yrs old. Presidency tests your administration ability which is where Tinubu has excelled as an administrator. He was able to gather the best brains to deliver in Lagos

2. Tinubus corruption allegation. In politics no one is sparkling clean and that includes Tinubu, There is no politician that if we shine enough light on him we wont find where he did some shady things while in govt to benefit or circumvent the law. If Tinubu's corruption claims are so egregious, he has been Nigerias main opposition for several years and no one could pin anything to him. His house is a Mecca where all the foreign ambassadors visit to pay homage. What exactly has he stolen that can be proven and taken to court to prosecute him. Let me know

3. I think Tinubu will handle the economy better than anyone. The only person who can rival Tinubu on economy is Atiku Abubakar. Handling the the economy and even leadership is about delegating the right people into position. A president does not need to be a Nobel prize winner in Economics to fix the economy, its simply appointing right people in the position. This is where Tinubu and Atiku have excelled in the past. Tinubus economic template for Lagos has seen the state become a destination of choice for many Nigerians and non Nigerians

4. The main problem of Nigeria is an ailing economy that does not provide enough employment opportunity which is why youths from every state flood to Lagos to get a means of livelihood, others resort to crime. One example, We have a problem of insecurity which has made over half of the country unlivable there are youths seeking forms to join the military but bottlenecks in admission is frustrating many of them. The process to either join NDA, Police Force or even Short service is as tough as getting a visa. The country is definitely under policed, If govt remove the bottle neck in hiring security personnel. that will on ne hand provide jobs and on the other hand improve security by getting unemployed youths off the street then engaging them in productive nation building ventures

I dont think Obi is the most qualified, Of the 3. I think Tinubu is the most qualified followed by Atiku then Obi

3 Likes

Re: EPL Chatroom - All Discussions by donjazet(m): 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
Emmynator:

My questions.

He's the wrongest person to ask this question.
I implore you to leave these people abroad to their devices.
Both of us are here in Nigeria and care very much about our country and the future of our country and our children unborn.

Those abroad have clearly told us that nothing will ever work. That we should stop hoping on Nigeria.

To them we are just numbers on a board. Political numbers for addition and subtraction just for their viewing pleasure and attention. They don't care about us here so just leave them out of it.

Whatever opinion they have doesn't come from a place of care, concern or apprehension but from selfish indulgences and viewing pleasure. It's all a game for them.
Pay no heed to them.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (4603) (Reply)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion

Viewing this topic: Greatswimmer, LUGER(m), reccy(m), Itsrm(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.