Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,497 members, 7,801,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:24 PM

Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos (22188 Views)

Cooking Gas Scarcity Hits Lagos, Kano, Katsina, Others / Panic Hits Lagos Posh Areas, As Bandits Kidnap 6 In 24 Hrs - Tribune / US Citizens Buy Fuel In Plastic Bags, Kegs As Fuel Scarcity Hits Some US States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by treesun: 9:48am On Jun 20, 2022
Many passengers were stranded at various bus stops in Lagos State, Monday morning, as commercial vehicles were scarce on the road.

The scarcity of vehicles was attributed to the fuel scarcity, which was gradually building up in some parts of Lagos.

Our correspondent saw that many people were stranded at major bus stops along Ogba-Berger road, such as Aguda, college road, among others.

The situation was the same at bus stops around popular Berger as many passengers were already trekking.

Commercial drivers interviewed by our correspondent confirmed that the development was due to the fuel scarcity, particularly the Premium Motor Spirit.

A driver, identified simply as Mr. Babalola, said, “Ha, you people don’t know anything, there is no fuel. We are not the cause.”

Our correspondent saw that there was a long queue of vehicles at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation’s station along Ogba_Aguda road, with many people struggling to buy fuel.

A passenger, who spoke with our correspondent lamented the development saying he had been at the bus stop for an hour.

“I don’t why they are making life hard for us in this country. Any small thing, the drivers have doubled the price. Our politicians will not address this problem now, they are only interested in the elections, a passenger identified simply as Sola Badmus, said.

“My brother, I’m just tired of this country, they want to cut short our lives, another passenger, who was yet to give his name, said, as he managed to scuffle for a bus that parked to convey passengers at Berger, under-bridge, for twice the usual price.

Fuel scarcity had been building up in some parts of the country before now. The PUNCH reported that the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, had recently been caught up in some fuel scarcity, with vehicles seen queuing up for fuel since May.

https://punchng.com/passengers-stranded-as-fuel-scarcity-hits-lagos/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Fahdiga(m): 9:59am On Jun 20, 2022
South West is now in disarray

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Acidosis(m): 10:01am On Jun 20, 2022
Major2016:
Pictures?

It is true.
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Zonefree(m): 10:01am On Jun 20, 2022
Major2016:
Pictures?
Pictures of the fuel scarcity

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Maxymilliano(m): 10:15am On Jun 20, 2022
It's obvious APC has no single solution to any of the country problems, it has always been one step forward and ten steps backward.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Realists(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2022
Hmmmm, Nigeria will scale trough all it's trial, insha Allah.

4 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by FemiLAWAL1O: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2022
Na wa o
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by ngBuild: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2022
and they want to vote tinubu. continue

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by ljoh: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2022
Pictures of the fuel scarcity or...

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by IboHausaYoruba: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2022
Scarcity my foot. There is nothing like scarcity all over Lagos. You IPOB propagandists are at it again. So you thi k all these lies can spite Tinubu Jagaban from becoming the president? You're all joking.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by jchioma: 10:34am On Jun 20, 2022
Buhari is a scam! He told us fuel subsidy was a scam but little did we know who the real scammer was. Now, they want to impose on us an even greater scammer to build on his legacy

29 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Omotosho1090905(m): 10:34am On Jun 20, 2022
Again!
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by treesun: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2022
I was in Oyo, Osun weekend no fuel!

10 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by bigeliot(m): 10:35am On Jun 20, 2022
I had to pay extra to buy fuel this morning. It’s terrible I must say. The country don hard enough na. Haba, Abi na to punish Tinubu ni, this one he enter Lagos fuel disappear. Make all these evil people rest na

14 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Femi8586(m): 10:35am On Jun 20, 2022
I have come to realize that people only hate APC on social media

In real life(During elections), Nigerians really love Buhari and APC.

They will come online and wail of suffering but during election they will still vote APC inflicting heavy suffering on them.
Suffering and smiling.

If you doubt me, let Buhari contest again for third term, you will be shocked at the massive figures he will pull and still win..

Nigerians problem is beyond ordinary.

35 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by BigYash: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2022
Zonefree:

Pictures of the fuel scarcity
No mind am.. Na video he go find,no be only picture undecided No fuel ,gas 1k per kg.. Electricity price up.. Students at home.. Insecurity high. Minimum wage no fit no fit carry person two days.. And some mumu still dey campaign for the same people that caused these hardship . And the politicians families dey abroad dey enjoy life..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by caltony1(m): 10:35am On Jun 20, 2022
Naija which way
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by MrCover: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2022
Cha E

What Is This Country Turning Into Please!

Incase If You Want To Convert Your Airtime Into Cash, , Is At Your Service Now

Get In Touch With On WhatsApp
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by treesun: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2022
ljoh:
Pictures of the fuel scarcity or...

Go to your street!

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by VeryWickedMan: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2022
I just dey watchout for Tinubu convoy make I hang reach CMS

14 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Doubleoh7: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2022
It's getting harder by the day. Before this week runs out, diesel might hit 900/1000 if care is not taken (that is for the few places they are available). I know how much stress I passed through to fill tank on Saturday morning, that was when I had a hint that there's scarcity and not many stations have fuel. For some reasons, I hope this keeps getting worse let's see if that will elicit the necessary rage in most citizens so they can angrily respond with their PVCs. Like many people have said, 2023 will either make or mar Nigeria. Hardship no dey ask which tribe or party u belong, e dey touch everybody.

subsidywise18:
Time for subsidy to go

yes subsidy has to go, but you know that things have to be in place before it goes if not, we will all go crazy in this country because of the way things will sky rocket. Diesel is not subsidised yet you see the price it is at presently and the scarcity in the market too? If the refineries are not working (even at 50%), na die everybody dey cos we will all buy petrol at #350 plus, as every of our petrol needs will be imported. A whole lot is wrong with this country, we are collapsing under our own weight and faster too, how most people are not seeing it is my problem

21 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Whiteshield: 10:36am On Jun 20, 2022
Fahdiga:

From drinking kerosene, your parents are now drinking petrol. That is why fuel is scarce.

11 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Nobody: 10:36am On Jun 20, 2022
Time for subsidy to go

The fact is, the marketers are not earning enough to pay for their transport costs. And government has no money to pay for their transport costs, and diesel is not subsidised anymore.

So, the subsidy has to be removed in totality. Otherwise, we are going to have scarcity galore.

The truth is, when you bring in fuel at N330 and above and sell it at N165 , there would be a loss, and when the subsidy paid barely covers the loss, especially with rising crude prices pushing up the cost of making petrol and diesel....at one point, the cost of subsidy would have to increase...and Nigeria right now is spending a lot of money subsidsing fuel...which is why we are not 'benefiting' from the rise in crude oil prices.

Let's be honest. Subsidy goes...or we take more loans to cover up the resulting ballooning deficit. Whoever is in charge.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Warldbest(m): 10:36am On Jun 20, 2022
Nigerians especially the south west deserves the suffering

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Enumerator(m): 10:36am On Jun 20, 2022
Shut up
Fahdiga:

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by mikiemike(f): 10:37am On Jun 20, 2022
this fuel thing is getting out of hand
Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by Iliveforever(m): 10:37am On Jun 20, 2022
Fuel is likely to hit 400/1ltr before 2023 and people will still vote for tinubu

7 Likes

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by emmabest2000(m): 10:37am On Jun 20, 2022
Tinubu will handle fuel scarcity while his vice will handle insecurities grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Passengers Stranded As Fuel Scarcity Hits Lagos by olu77(m): 10:37am On Jun 20, 2022
This is serious

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Labour Party Crisis: Obi Hints At Dumping Party / Ondo’s Ministerial Slot: Mimiko Upsets Permutations - Vanguard / Osun Election: Lawmakers Begin Hand-over Of Power From APC To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.