Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:10 PM

Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After (55355 Views)

IDF Shows Remains Of Iranian Ballistic Missile That Fell In Dead Sea / CNN Apologises For Spreading Israeli Fake News On 40 Babies Beheading / Sicilian Mafia: Matteo Denaro Dies At 61 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by baby124: 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2022
They are still doing same in Africa. Though not so obviously. I hope Belgium is made to pay heavy repatriations to the family and the country! They would have raped that country blind during the rule of their puppet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Emmanuel909090: 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2022
Finally.
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by olas24u(f): 3:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Well, neither has Japan , or even some other countries...and still Japan committed a lot of atrocities during WW2.

Better stop looking for the perfect country that would defend you. There are no perfect countries. Just because Japan or China have not invaded Africa does not mean they did not do atrocities elsewhere....

Sigh...really

Russia built the aja okuta steel plants,Russia,formed a partnership with Nigeria called Nigaz, Do you know they don't work till date?Russia gave scholarships like crazy to African students,Russia named it's friendship university after practice lumbumba.which one will you choose partnership or master and servant relationship.

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by delishpot: 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2022
Oyinbo people and witchcraft. Imagine taking a human body part as a trophy? In what world is that normal in modern-day? The worse part is that the Nigger race would lick the bottoms of white men like they are better than them. The black man would destroy his land and people to get crumbs from the white man's table which he fills with looted wealth from the black man's very own land. What a shame.

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
olas24u:

Russia built the aja okuta steel plants,Russia,formed a partnership with Nigeria called Nigaz, Do you know they don't work till date?Russia gave scholarships like crazy to African students,Russia named it's friendship university after practice lumbumba.which one will you choose partnership or master and servant relationship.

Well, so did the UK and the US and Japan and China, and that does not make them good nations. Ditto Germany and France.

Japan gives a lot of scholarships to foreign students. Does not excuse their atrocities in the past.

China does same...does not excuse their atrocities in the past. Or the mass opression under Mao.

USA does the same, and even provides assistance and aid. Does not make the US a nice nation or excuse things like Iraq and Afghansitan.

Germany does the same too...and in the past....

No perfect nation. Russia included. I know you don't like the US, and neither do i. But I don't like any other nation either....all nations are alike.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

In other words, you are defending Russia like the US fanpeople defend the USA.

Russia is not a check to the USA...Russia is like the USA. Both nations would bomb your hometown if it justified their national interest. Ask the Afghans.

Nations are not saints. They are also not nice countries. As soon as a country becomes strong enough it would behave like USA and Russia, just like Russia and USA are behaving like previous powers like UK, France, Germany, the Ottomans, etc....

Welcome to humanity.

Your answer is the reason why there was creation of United nations security council.
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2022
Goddson:

Your answer is the reason why there was creation of United nations security council.

UN even. Both don't work...but then again before the UN, wars were a lot worse.

1 Like

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by leofab(f): 4:08pm On Jun 20, 2022
Munzy14:

NATO+ USA and Soviet Union...smh These two seperate unions have out done the devil in this life.. cheesy
don't look for devil bro.. Man is capable of all evil.. Soviet (Russia ) hasn’t apologize for all the evil they did in Soviet Union.

1 Like

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by frog12: 4:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
i tell you these western european are pure evil. they are gods disciples. it is as if nothing happen. look at all the people they killed in south africa and their apartheid. mugabe teach them lesson in zimbabwe

they will never condemn them and that's what's happening in ukraine. when they invade iraq,syria,afghanistan and kill many, they were not sanctioned or condemned.

1 Like

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Topmaike007(m): 4:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
Everything I have read from Page 1 to 5 of this thread all Worth reading....

Na WA ooo .... Africa needs to sit up even we that gain independence are still controlled Indirectly
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by olas24u(f): 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Well, so did the UK and the US and Japan and China, and that does not make them good nations. Ditto Germany and France.

Japan gives a lot of scholarships to foreign students. Does not excuse their atrocities in the past.

China does same...does not excuse their atrocities in the past. Or the mass opression under Mao.

USA does the same, and even provides assistance and aid. Does not make the US a nice nation or excuse things like Iraq and Afghansitan.

Germany does the same too...and in the past....

No perfect nation. Russia included. I know you don't like the US, and neither do i. But I don't like any other nation either....all nations are alike.

I am looking at issues from the African perspective , neocolonialism and colonialism itself affected we Africans till today .Russia has just beating sanctions which should tell you that resource rich countries are actually rich .We are victims of colonization ,in our socio,economic and political lives .During the berlin conference,Russia was not on the table with them.

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

UN even. Both don't work...but then again before the UN, wars were a lot worse.

I'm sure you are aware of what is going on in the world post pandemic, without checks and balances from nations like China and Russia, the kind of great reset with this green whatever you will be shocked with their evil agenda.

A lot is going on behind the scenes and it will be unveiling gradually.

Trust me, you will understand why I said we Africans still don't know the value of Russia

Hint; time will come when you will own nothing and be happy.
Centralized digital currency.
Paris accord.
WEF.
The media now admitting on UFO which when it happens and we can all see in person or in the news will make us question our beliefs and existence.
Gender neutrality.

Everything is aligning to make sense on where we are headed

Now ask your self, which nations wants to impose and support this and which nations are against this? The answer is the reason why you should appreciate Russia

1 Like

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Munzy14(m): 4:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
leofab:
don't look for devil bro.. Man is capable of all evil.. Soviet (Russia ) hasn’t apologize for all the evil they did in Soviet Union.
Lol.. And they are painting USA black..smh

1 Like

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by tweakdude1: 4:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Russia too has committed its own share of atrocities, and has forcefully occupied countries that did not want to be occupied, and colonized them even.(There is a reason why the Soviet Union broke up, and Afghanistan is in a mess in part because of ten years of Russian occupation).

(And no, I do not back either Ukraine, or Russia in the current war, and agree that the US, Europe and Japan and company have done bad things too).

Oga shut up. Which Russia better go buy books on history and read.
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Arielle: 4:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
AFRICANJAMAICA:
Ok

His people betrayed him...
The atrocities that was and still committed by the European in Africa is under reported.
And we are still betraying ourselves at the behest of the west.
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by tamdun: 4:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
tillaman:
I once read about the atrocities of King Leopold II
Mehn screw That dude I hope he never finds peace
He chopped off kids hands and have their parents watch
Leopold killed more than 15 million Africans, I keep saying it, Europe is the problem of the world, they went all over the world and created chaos, from India, to China, Africa, America etc, they even killed jesus

4 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Tellwhat: 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Sheriman:

And despite all these wickedness and stupid things they did to us in the past we still run to them for help. African are slaves forever just like we are not chained in our legs and hands but our mindset and ideas are already chained.
Unfortunately this is the sad truth

Till today Belgium still enslaves Congo and it's milking her of her resources.

No more physical chain but mental chain

They might not voice it out but how does a Congolese expect a Belgian to see them as equal when they're still enslaving them till this day

You begin to wonder if this continent or black people are cursed

Imagine a Nigerian soldier or police maltreating fellow Nigerian just to please a criminal Lebanese , Chinese , Indian or any so called expatriate

4 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Arielle: 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
subsidywise18:

Russia too has committed its own share of atrocities, and has forcefully occupied countries that did not want to be occupied, and colonized them even.(There is a reason why the Soviet Union broke up, and Afghanistan is in a mess in part because of ten years of Russian occupation).

(And no, I do not back either Ukraine, or Russia in the current war, and agree that the US, Europe and Japan and company have done bad things too).
So why are you drawing attention to Russia when we are talking about an assasination that was sponsored by Belgium and the US? Belgium has apologised. But don't hold your breath for the US to deign to even acknowledge its part in the affair. There is no "He has done it too" in this matter. I get that Russia also has imperialistic tendencies, but the US...?? Its the hypocrisy that gets my goat.

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by frog12: 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
they most likely ordered ken saro wiwa's death. shell was dutch and british company then.

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Brushstrokes20: 4:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
That leopold 2 is seemingly worse than Hitler!
That demon massacred Africans without mercy undecided
May he rot in the hottest part of hell beyond eternity undecided

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Saig: 4:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
From the video the black man has been one of the most stupid species on the surface earth. Very stupid. They tied up their kinsmen and handed to the white man for maltreatment. Black man is pathetic. Unfortunately some have carried that same blood till today
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2022
Arielle:

So why are you drawing attention to Russia when we are talking about an assasination that was sponsored by Belgium and the US? Belgium has apologised. But don't hold your breath for the US to deign to even acknowledge its part in the affair. There is no "He has done it too" in this matter. I get that Russia also has imperialistic tendencies, but the US...?? Its the hypocrisy that gets my goat.

The countries in the bombing list below supports your statement

1 Like

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by higgs: 4:54pm On Jun 20, 2022
Every time I hear the name of Patrice Lumumba,I feel sad.Even this Belgian apology feels like an insult. The Congo has remained an open sore since his death.

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 4:59pm On Jun 20, 2022
Bobloco:
“The colonialists care nothing for Africa for her own sake. They are attracted by African riches and their actions are guided by the desire to preserve their interests in Africa against the wishes of the African people. For the colonialists all means are good if they help them to possess these riches”. Lumuba Speech at the All-African Conference in Leopoldville August, 1960

“[T]he only thing which we wanted for our country is the right to a worthy life, to dignity without pretence, to independence without restrictions. This was never the desire of the Belgian colonialists and their Western allies…”
Letter from Thysville Prison to Mrs. Lumumba.
When I read about Leopold atrocities back then it was terrifying to say the least..

1 Like

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by dfrost: 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2022
Hmm...it is not uhuru yet lipsrsealed
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Arielle:

Because the person I was responding to brought Russia into Belgium discussion.

Go and meet him.

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by chysam: 5:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Yet the sins of their ancestors did not bring bad luck to them nor curse.

But here in Africa, especially Nigeria,the sins of una forefathers are your problems and must be bound and casted.

oz4real83:
America, Europe, Japan and some other countries in the world have committed so many atrocities against other humans, be it in Africa, Asia and other parts of the world without listening to the voice of reasoning. This is what Russia is standing on, Russia feels that if these countries didn't listen to the voice of reasoning but still went ahead to commit all those atrocities, then Russia feel they also have a right to do whatever pleases them by attacking Ukraine even when the whole world oppose the action.
Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
tweakdude1:

Oga shut up. Which Russia better go buy books on history and read.

Ok. Just collect your rubles from Lord Putin, the same way the American fans are collecting dollars from Lord Biden, and the other geng are collecting from Lord China, Iran, Saudi, Israel, etc. Don't forget to clean Master's shoes too....

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Tellwhat:
Belgium got a way with all the atrocities they commited in Congo

People talk about Hitler but people hardly talk about the evil king Leopold and all the atrocities the Belgians commited

Africans really got molested by Caucasians

MKO Abiola knew about all the atrocities committed against Africans and Blacks in Diaspora.

He started a project which was so dear to him to get the developed world acknowledge their atrocities against Africa and Blacks in Diaspora. The project received acknowledgements from OAU ( now AU) and all African countries with submissions and representations to UN.

It was while the advocacy was gaining momentum that he entered politics and later died.

Since then, no African has ever made such demand.

MKO Abiola was number one in Africa. That is one of the reasons the bittered tribe never wanted anybody to become a colossus and a man of no easy means again from MKO kindred.

2 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Goddson:

I'm sure you are aware of what is going on in the world post pandemic, without checks and balances from nations like China and Russia, the kind of great reset with this green whatever you will be shocked with their evil agenda.

A lot is going on behind the scenes and it will be unveiling gradually.

Trust me, you will understand why I said we Africans still don't know the value of Russia

Hint; time will come when you will own nothing and be happy.
Centralized digital currency.
Paris accord.
WEF.
The media now admitting on UFO which when it happens and we can all see in person or in the news will make us question our beliefs and existence.
Gender neutrality.

Everything is aligning to make sense on where we are headed

Now ask your self, which nations wants to impose and support this and which nations are against this? The answer is the reason why you should appreciate Russia

Russia and China too have their own interests, there are no good nations

And now, since you have brought UFO and other theories in...good evening.

3 Likes

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
olas24u:

I am looking at issues from the African perspective , neocolonialism and colonialism itself affected we Africans till today .Russia has just beating sanctions which should tell you that resource rich countries are actually rich .We are victims of colonization ,in our socio,economic and political lives .During the berlin conference,Russia was not on the table with them.

So by your analogy, Japan gets a pass for its atrocities because...they did not persectue Africa?

Maybe Hitler too gets a pass...he did not go after Africa.

Good evening. There are no good nations. Only permanent interests.

1 Like

Re: Belgium Apologises, Hands Over Lumuba's Last Remains To Family 61 Years After by StanislausWeCan(m): 5:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
DropsMic:
He was betrayed by his own countryman at the behest of Belgium...

A very dense race that's incapable of setting greed and selfishness aside for the betterment of their continent..

2022 in Nigeria we are still shouting up Nepa
2022 we still don't have good roads
2022 we still don't have a functional refinery
2022 we are still battling with illiteracy
2022 we still don't have a good heath system
2022 we still don't have water
2022 ASUU still dey go on strike.
2022 people are still selling 8 years of their lives for 5k

I'm tired.. Really tired.

Sometimes I ask myself.. is it that God hates us? Why are we so dense? Why are we incapable of patriotism?? Is blackness a curse? Why are we so different from other races??

Hello good day, you are so on point � Permit me to use these lines of yours, u will be referenced in my book.

Ordinary basic amenities,the government can't provide. Some African countries have gone pass these developments, we are seeing it as something rocket science,not realising that these politicians don't mean well. We seriously have a chance now to go for competency over any region or ethnic affiliations. We can make the difference #WECAN

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stephen Paddock: Profile Of Las Vegas Gunman Who Killed 59 People / Russian & Ukrainian Politicians Fight During Summit In Turkey (Video) / Donald Trump's Letter To Tedros Adhanom, WHO Director-General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.