Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

My Job Is Ruining My Family - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Is Ruining My Family (22537 Views)

What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by blazepascal(m): 5:28pm On Jun 21, 2022
You r gf will leave just forget it
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Reality3080: 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
I really don’t care about other things but on d issues of sending your gf to school u go chop breakfast last last

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by bigdammyj: 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
Okay
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Onuh211(m): 5:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
Okay
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Onuh211(m): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
Follow your instincts
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by GloriousGbola: 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:
Good day great people of nairaland. I'll make this as short as possible and forgive my typo errors.
I've been working in this construction firm for the past five years together with taking care of my family and my girlfriend who has been in school but due to ASUU strike, now at home.
I'm usually busy and spend less time at home except on weekends - Sundays.
Recently, my girlfriend has been talking me into changing the nature of my work to another job that will afford me the opportunity to give more time to my family and her. I insisted that I'll need more time to be able to find another job but she will not have it that way.
Seems to spoke to my mother about it and it's now hell in the home with my mother threatening she will kill herself if I don't quit the job. This job is something I have used in completing my house and paying the fees of my girlfriend.
Lest I forget, I got the hint that my manager is considering me for a promotion and my quitting the job might just spell doom on me!

I'll appreciate all your suggestions, advice and criticism. I'm really in a fix!

Get another girlfriend. There are plenty of unemployed guys out there who can give her the attention she craves.

You better because if she lacks the maturity to face reality she will be enjoying the attention of others while you are busy working

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by odinson1(m): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:
Good day great people of nairaland. I'll make this as short as possible and forgive my typo errors.
I've been working in this construction firm for the past five years together with taking care of my family and my girlfriend who has been in school but due to ASUU strike, now at home.
Recently, my girlfriend has been talking me into changing the nature of my work to another job that will afford me the opportunity to give more time to my family and her. I insisted that I'll need more time to be able to find another job but she will not have it that way.
Seems to spoke to my mother about it and it's now hell in the home with my mother threatening she will kill herself if I don't quit the job. This job is something I have used in completing my house and paying the fees of my girlfriend.
Lest I forget, I got the hint that my manager is considering me for a promotion and my quitting the job might just spell doom on me!

I'll appreciate all your suggestions, advice and criticism. I'm really in a fix!

You are sponsoring your girlfriend in school? Haven't you learnt from the experiences and stories of other men who have come before you?
The minute she's done with school,she will dispose of you. Keep that at the back of your mind.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Whoknowsme: 5:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
Abfinest007:
Never consider quitting bcuz if u do ,she will be d first to mock u and if u try to remind her , she's the one that push u. her response will be"I told u something and u couldn't use ur her
Op listen to this advice ooo. This happened to me, now nobody talks to me.
Never learn the hard way

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by victorVIC1(m): 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
The last thing I will do is to quit my source of livelihood to please anyone. My wife cannot even take up such subject with me not to talk of girlfriend cos no be sand them dey use take care of family.

Lose your source of livelihood and see the real meaning of disloyalty from same girl friend.

If you see the need to get another job that avails you the chance to create a good work - life balance, fine but do not ever quit your current job for "no job"

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by mbahdi(m): 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
U must be a joker quiting a job because of people dat don't add anything to ur life.tell them to get u a better job so u can quit d one u are doing.maybe u ain't living in Nigeria dat makes u not to understand d situation of jobless dudes in nigeria.dat same family will frustrate ur life wen u av nothing bringing to d table.family ko girlfriend ni

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by chukkystar(m): 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
You no even get problem. When You broke only Your Mama go send You. If You want to leave it should be your choice. You should save considering You earn alot then plan an investment. Then stop paying school fees of Girlfriend she is not your Wife anything can happen. They should find You another Job before forcing You to quit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by blazepascal(m): 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2022
Follow the majority here you will be on the winning side

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by victorVIC1(m): 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2022
Cerebellum:
Village people shaking you after you start sleeping every morning and your dear wife starts to nag because of your uselessness and mumuness

Not even wife, OP said girlfriend o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Gkay1(m): 5:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
Don't try to quit your job, my wife also complained some months ago, I told her to relocate to where I m or she should manage it for a while. She agreed to relocate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by marsup: 5:36pm On Jun 21, 2022
I rebuke them for you.
Please don't quit until you find something better.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by koyyess: 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
There is something missing in this write up.

I would have said quit the relationship and face your work but another side of the story needs to be told.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by MARX77(m): 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
CleanInAll:
Lol. Quit the job and become instrument of ridicule to the same people.

No long talk, that's fact

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by TheZeezle(m): 5:38pm On Jun 21, 2022
Comrade, don't quit the job!
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Mariangeles(f): 5:39pm On Jun 21, 2022
ashewoboy:
Ubunja.

Don't you have a mind of your own? Use it! undecided
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by TheMostComplex1: 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2022
Bro please leave your job so that your girlfriend will equally abandon you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by elmagnifico411(m): 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2022
any woman that wants u to quit your without providing another doesnt mean well.. What u should quit here is the relationship u have with her. Shes a leech. Does she not have her own parents that can take care of her?

2, dont listen to your mom. Shes only acting from an emotional angle. Your job isnt killing u, the relationship u have with the girl is.. Let her go and get a lady dat also have a job. I think she's already cheating sef, and shes trying to use your not always being around as excuse. Be wise.
elimsun:

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Worldbest281: 5:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
Don’t quit please,try and be kinder to her ,she will pray for you if you give her money instead of complaining,be kind to your girlfriend too and give her attention as much as you can,I hope the job is not affecting you medically sha
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by redcliff: 5:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

if you quit that job, they will finish you completely. Its then they will tell you you are a lazy man. you will be shocked.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by sylve11: 5:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
CleanInAll:
Lol. Quit the job and become an instrument of ridicule to the same people.

That guy never sees anything.

He will learn the hard way if he heeds their advice. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by sylve11: 5:42pm On Jun 21, 2022
Cerebellum:
Village people shaking you after you start sleeping every morning and your dear wife starts to nag because of your uselessness and mumuness

Lol @ the meme. grin cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by blue01(m): 5:42pm On Jun 21, 2022
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by SeniorJude(m): 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2022
Permit me to advice you as a friend and possibly brother, quitting your job will do you no good even if no promotion is coming but what the situation of the environment is saying does not give chance to drop your current job while you haven't gotten any replacement yet, and I want to also let you know that sometimes when good thing wants to approach some hiding will want to disrupt it be strong and fight off whatever that is planning on giving you distraction, The Lord is your strength

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by malvisguy212: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2022
Legendarytonyy:
.. when you quit and become jobless, your girlfriend will leave you, your family will ridicule you.
My Guy think oh. Think before you act.
There's actually nothing to think of, tell them "NO".
in fact, the mother will accused the girlfriend of witchcraft, she deceived her in convincing her son to quite the job .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Cutehector(m): 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2022
Omo...they should die o.. Lmao.. See jobless people dey get choice.. Chai. Madness

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

ur gf is right, please quit immediately.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by nams77: 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

If you quit that job make thunder faya you! I mean am.
Quit and watch how these same people will turn around and mock you indirectly.

The only person that can give me this kind of advice and I will listen is my father. Sadly, he is no more.

What of people wey dey work offshore nko. Their families don die?

Rubbish. Girlfriend wey go dump tour ar*se once you go broke

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Am I About To Take A Wrong Decision? / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? / NNPC Sacked 850 Refinery Workers - NUPENG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.