Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,094 members, 7,807,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

My Job Is Ruining My Family - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Job Is Ruining My Family (22546 Views)

What Kind Of Job Is This? (Video) / My Job Is Ruining My Relationship, How Can I Go About It? / My Job Is Making Me Suicidal.. Pls I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by akee01(m): 6:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
And make sure u end some miserable life if u don't later get that promotion....

maureensylvia:
Though she's my fellow gender, I'm sorry to say... She has a watery brain

She's your girlfriend and not wife...
Wait ooo, you're taking care of her even in her family home... What happened to her parents?

I know it's cool to help but it seems you're taking the whole responsibility

Now she has manipulated ur parents to team up with her to block u from what feeds them...

Do they have standby job for u?
What happens if you can't cope in giving them as usual?

She will start calling u weakling and not been man enough to use your head.

Hey dude, ignore there complaints and FOCUS
Be on ur best behavior at work to ensure the promotion becomes successful.

If the job takes more of ur personal and family time, the little time u have; maximize it with ur loved ones
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Dewicy(f): 6:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
, if the witch u call your girlfriend has concluded your matter with the village people by advicing you to quit your good paying job in this harsh economy is going to be your decision, well I pray you won't be remote controlled in your entire life when she becomes your wife.

My advice
1. as she has decided to commit suicide
You had better tell her to make it quick, so you can be free.

2. Please man up and stop reasoning like a simp
Do even need advice concerning this situation, knowing that your progress is around the corner

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by smasher1(m): 6:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
Abfinest007:
Never consider quitting bcuz if u do ,she will be d first to mock u and if u try to remind her , she's the one that push u. her response will be"I told u something and u couldn't use ur head

lol. he wants us to use his head for him. I work in a bank for over a decade now and I don't need anyone to tell me the disadvantages of working in a bank because I know it. but it puts food on the table and I get better over time. I am not resigning yet until I am financially stable. to get here takes time. so no pressure or stress would make me call it quit for the now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Mariangeles(f): 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
ashewoboy:

Why are you stalking me?

Stalking you? As par ashewoboy wey you be naa! grin
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by ashewoboy(m): 6:18pm On Jun 21, 2022
Mariangeles:

Stalking you? As par ashewoboy wey you be naa! grin

Shofe do me ni?cheesy.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by gulfer: 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
You already know what to do, sack that grill, she's still a girlfriend and not a wife ... She's got nothing on you........ You'll regret if you take her advise and budge under her pressure angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Odebayo4010(m): 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
Don't quit your Job,those people that said you should quit did they provide another better Job for you,if not,Bros think wisely, don't do what you will regret later, remember Human being are bad,don reliant on somebody
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by smasher1(m): 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
thatigboman1:
forget them - both ur mom and your girlfriend. They want u to go into yahoo yahoo and be operating from home?

Do yahoo yahoo operate from home. no. usually hotel. they don't wish him well. final answer.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by trevorhorace(m): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:
Good day great people of nairaland. I'll make this as short as possible and forgive my typo errors.
I've been working in this construction firm for the past five years together with taking care of my family and my girlfriend who has been in school but due to ASUU strike, now at home.
I'm usually busy and spend less time at home except on weekends - Sundays.
Recently, my girlfriend has been talking me into changing the nature of my work to another job that will afford me the opportunity to give more time to my family and her. I insisted that I'll need more time to be able to find another job but she will not have it that way.
Seems to spoke to my mother about it and it's now hell in the home with my mother threatening she will kill herself if I don't quit the job. This job is something I have used in completing my house and paying the fees of my girlfriend.
Lest I forget, I got the hint that my manager is considering me for a promotion and my quitting the job might just spell doom on me!

I'll appreciate all your suggestions, advice and criticism. I'm really in a fix!

Please quit. Na your body go hear am
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Mattwillz: 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
maureensylvia:
Though she's my fellow gender, I'm sorry to say... She has a watery brain

She's your girlfriend and not wife...
Wait ooo, you're taking care of her even in her family home... What happened to her parents?

I know it's cool to help but it seems you're taking the whole responsibility

Now she has manipulated ur parents to team up with her to block u from what feeds them...

Do they have standby job for u?
What happens if you can't cope in giving them as usual?

She will start calling u weakling and not been man enough to use your head.

Hey dude, ignore there complaints and FOCUS
Be on ur best behavior at work to ensure the promotion becomes successful.

If the job takes more of ur personal and family time, the little time u have; maximize it with ur loved ones
Glad to know there's some females like you that still thinks maturedly..kudos

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Kennyprince: 6:30pm On Jun 21, 2022
If I were u, I ll keep my job. Girlfriend who can't take that shd shift. Last last, na u they ll still blame when u are no longer able to take care of the family

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by horgarzer(m): 6:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
Bro remember she's only your girlfriend not your wife. Girl friend philosophy and that of wife aren't the same. She might eventually dump you if things go bad, which on the contrary will be difficult for your wife to do.
She's a liability to you now not an asset. Use your head!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by SunTzu123(m): 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2022
Do not quit, I repeat; DO NOT QUIT until you get a better job.
Do not let ANYONE talk you into quitting a job that is providing for you.

Make that decision by yourself alone and not because someone wants you to. The abuse you will get after will make you want to commit suicide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by TOPCRUISE(m): 6:37pm On Jun 21, 2022
Abfinest007:
Never consider quitting bcuz if u do ,she will be d first to mock u and if u try to remind her , she's the one that push u. her response will be"I told u something and u couldn't use ur head
Spot on. You are absolutely right on this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Ijakumo1: 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:
Good day great people of nairaland. I'll make this as short as possible and forgive my typo errors.
I've been working in this construction firm for the past five years together with taking care of my family and my girlfriend who has been in school but due to ASUU strike, now at home.
Recently, my girlfriend has been talking me into changing the nature of my work to another job that will afford me the opportunity to give more time to my family and her. I insisted that I'll need more time to be able to find another job but she will not have it that way.
Seems to spoke to my mother about it and it's now hell in the home with my mother threatening she will kill herself if I don't quit the job. This job is something I have used in completing my house and paying the fees of my girlfriend.
Lest I forget, I got the hint that my manager is considering me for a promotion and my quitting the job might just spell doom on me!

I'll appreciate all your suggestions, advice and criticism. I'm really in a fix!

The Devil wants to use those two to destroy you.

Don't quit your job!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by swissgoldenpro2: 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
You might have to do something about it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Daughterboard(m): 6:41pm On Jun 21, 2022
I am allergic to advise from women. The only thing you need to change is your girlfriend.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Daughterboard(m): 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2022
horgarzer:
Bro remember she's only your girlfriend not your wife. Girl friend philosophy and that of wife aren't the same. She might eventually dump you if things go bad, which on the contrary will be difficult for your wife to do.
She's a liability to you now not an asset. Use your head!!!

Load it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by AKWATGOLD1(m): 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
Guy, pls I beg you in the name of God, listen your mother and you can do away with your girlfriend because if you're jobless today she will drag you into mud and abandoned you like pack of card. Just ensure you spend all your Sundays inside without move an inche because you need rest as well.

elimsun:

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Just discard your gel-fiend.As for your mom,she is making an empty threat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Josephkabila12: 6:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Sometimes I wonder what's going on in this life, you mean you want to quit your job that is paying you because of a girl? Well....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by maridrug(m): 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
The op just dey pull strings.
Your mum: if she threaten you with her death, know for sure say na you go bury her on a normal day. advise her that she no suppose dey see you if you're really successful.
Your girlfriend contribute what to your progress aside sex?
Sponsoring her education is a philanthropic act. You or your kids will have the gains cos she's not a reliable one.
Abeg take your job seriously.
A man's job/business is the only means that God can bless man. Another way is fraudulent acts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Anakazo22: 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

I think your girlfriend is jobless and lazy that's the main issue here, there are students who have taken advantage of this ASUU strike by learning a skill or getting a job. How can she be pressuring you to quit your job because she wants you to spend more time with her, though it's important to create more time for her and your family which is important but the way she is going about it is totally wrong. We all know that getting a good job in Nigeria is not easy, so it's better you have a better alternative in the future and setting up a business is not a bad idea but bro don't go and quit because of one silly girl else you will regret your actions in no distant time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Brownshoe: 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
Make she get you another better job, op mind the kind of girl you want to marry, some have ( rag spirit) person that marry them won't make it, their spirit likes wretched husband.

1 Like

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by deavicky(m): 7:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

I don't understand why ur lack of time is affecting you family. What will u be doing for them at home on Saturdays. Assuming you stay in another state, will they be seeing u even on Sundays?. Or maybe u work offshore.
That ur girlfriend is a confirm idiot. She is not even ur wife yet and she want to start controlling ur life. If u leave this ur job, u will suffer. Come to talk of it apart from civil servant and bankers who else Doesn't go to work on Saturdays.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by GoodIsGod: 7:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

Stick to your job as long as you derive joy and satisfaction doing it.
Call your girlfriend and talk again to her. If she doesn't listen to you now don't think she would when you marry her.
Remind her of all God helped you to do in her life and that of your family. If eventually she doesn't still see reason leave her to her choice. If you lose this job pẹrẹ, and you can't take care of her again someone else will have her. And she will not remember that she was the cause of your misfortune. She will leave you immediately.

As for your mum, call her too. Tell her if you leave your job you may not be able to take care of her again. If she insists, then tell her you have heard her. Tell her weeks later that you have started looking for job. Any day you have a free day lie that you have a job interview. Go out and have fun with friends and come back later with tales of a job interview.

Days later tell her they are offering you 1/3 (one third) of your salary where you presently work. Continue to dribble her till she forgets about the issue.

Never leave your job because of your girlfriend or your mom. You will regret it.
If your babe wants to leave let her leave because she will still leave when you are broke.
If your mum continues saying she will kill herself leave her she can not. It's not easy to commit suicide. And if she is old enough to die. Why worry.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by deavicky(m): 7:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
Anakazo22:

I think your girlfriend is jobless and lazy that's the main issue here, there are students who have taken advantage of this ASUU strike by learning a skill or getting a job. How can she be pressuring you to quit your job because she wants you to spend more time with her, though it's important to create more time for her and your family which is important but the way she is going about it is totally wrong. We all know that getting a good job in Nigeria is not easy, so it's better you have a better alternative in the future and setting up a business is not a bad idea but bro don't go and quit because of one silly girl else you will regret your actions in no distant time.
which family are u talking about?. Is it his mother or his wife and children which he does not have yet.
He should even move out from his mother and stay somewhere else if not mother will even be interfering in marriage when the time comes.
Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by Munzy14(m): 7:07pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

The way she will treat you the moment lose this job and no longer foot your bills eeeh...It will be worst than suicidal.

Leave because you have a better option...Never leave because one lady said you should...Otherwise under your nose, Another man go pay her dowry if you can't meet up because you no longer have a job to fix your needs.

Be careful...Some are manipulative...Talk to your mom, let her see through you. Your struggles pay the bills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by haggai247: 7:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
elimsun:

You are been manipulated the golden goose that laid the egg but never allowed to rest.

Your mum and gf are living off you and deciding your life.

Make i cap you my ina chester but it's not for the faint at heart.

Leave that girl you call your gf and relocate from your family house

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Job Is Ruining My Family by henrimoto(m): 7:18pm On Jun 21, 2022
Lastmankc:
You said your girlfriend. Not even your wife.
Dear kings.
Just take a month leave from work,and when you get home tell your wife or mother that you have just been sacked from work.Then relax and watch the person you married or called mother.Watch the way you will be treated for this first two weeks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Advise: Government Job Vs Private Business Which Is Better? / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? / NNPC Sacked 850 Refinery Workers - NUPENG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.