Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi (47118 Views)

Kano, Katsina, Sokoto, 4 Others Spend N28.3bn On Ramadan Feeding / Supreme Court Ruling: Anxiety In Kano, Sokoto, Bauchi, Benue, Plateau / Shehu Sani Name Missing As Mass Exodus Hits APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by SATANICALLY: 6:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
Six disgruntled chieftains of the All Progressives Congress (APC), including lawmakers and a former deputy governor, have terminated their membership in the party and have defected to other political parties in Bauchi State.

The defections are a major blow to the aspiration of the party to topple the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state in the 2023 governorship election. The incumbent governor, Bala Mohammed, is seeking his second and final term as governor.

The gale of defections from the APC blows beyond Bauchi. In some states in the north of the country, aggrieved members of the party are leaving in droves and joining other political parties.

Many of the defectors were discontent about the conduct of the party’s primaries.

BAUCHI APC

In Bauchi State, the senator representing Bauchi South District, Lawal Gumau, defected from the APC to the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) after he failed to win the APC primary election to represent his zone.

Similarly, Halliru Dauda – Jika, the senator representing Bauchi Central switched parties after he failed to get the governorship ticket of the APC.

In the same vein, Yakubu Shehu, the House of Representatives member Bauchi constituency, quit the party after his failed attempt to secure the party’s senatorial ticket. He has not announced the new party he moved to.

Though the immediate former deputy governor of the state, Abdu Sule – Katagum, did not contest to be the party’s representative for any elective office during the primaries, he ended his membership of the party for what he described as a “lack of principles”.

Other bigwigs who left the party in the state are Farouq Mustapha who contested for the governor’s ticket but lost, and a former House of Representatives member, Ibrahim Mohammed, who contested for the Bauchi North Senatorial seat, and also lost.

KATSINA

In Katsina State, the three House of Representatives members who defected to the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP) sought a return ticket but were all defeated.

Leading the pack of the defectors is the incumbent House of Representatives member representing the governor’s constituency, Malumfashi/Kafur, Babangida Talau. The other two lawmakers are Armayau Kado representing Kurfi/Dutsin Ma, and Aminu Ashiru of Mani/Bindawa constituency.

One of Mr Kado’s legislative aides, Bature Ibrahim confirmed that his boss defected to the NNPP and would now seek to retain his ticket under the NNPP.

Mr Talau has “won” the NNPP ticket to contest for the Katsina South Senatorial seat.

Two former gubernatorial aspirants, Umar Abdullahi and Garba Dankani (who contested in 2018) left the APC.

While Mr Abdullahi who got eight votes during the primary last month, joined his former party, the PDP, Mr DanKani joined the Action Alliance and is now its governorship candidate in Katsina State.

In SOKOTO, Wamakko still the leader

The defectors in Sokoto State, PREMIUM TIMES learnt, are mostly those who were involved in an internal fight with the party leader, Aliyu Wamakko, a former governor.

The member representing, Gwadabawa/Illela/, Abdullahi Salame, had fought Mr Wamakko for the control of the party structures.

After the decision of the party’s national headquarters to identify Mr Wamakko’s faction as the legally constituted faction, Mr Salame remained in the party but after he lost the governorship primary to Mr Wamakko’s preferred candidate, Ahmed Aliyu, defected to the PDP, the ruling party in the state.

Isa Kurdula, the member representing Gudu/Tangaza, also defected to the PDP after failing to get the ticket to re-contest for his seat.

A former minister of culture and tourism, Bello Jibril, also joined the PDP but has not made public the reasons for his defection.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/538222-after-primaries-mass-exodus-hits-apc-in-katsina-sokoto-bauchi.html

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Zetra7: 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2022
I pity any southerner presidential candidate counting on northern votes.

Atiku and Kwankwanso will simply tell the north that the south had more of the presidency since 1999.

Any Northern politician who says otherwise will be termed a traitor.

208 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Zonefree(m): 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Soonest APC will to turn a regional party.

220 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by JAOS(m): 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
grin losers

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Okwyjesus(m): 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
[quote author=SATANICALLY post=113992011][/quote]

No be north again. Na morning be this

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Sergio101(m): 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
grin grin

Well more reason am always upset towards the South East politicians.

You all claim it's your turn, and as luck may have it...one of your brother is coming out for the office of presidency.

Why not simply defect from whatever party you are and support your brother to realize the seeming mirage of "it's our turn"?.

But Nah!!!
They are all pledging support to their respective Old party like it's a cult affair.

UMAHI....APC
UZODINMMA...
UGWUANYI....PDP
IKPEAZỤ.

North doesn't waste time in anything Brotherhood, and that's why they keep beating us all

171 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by PresidObi: 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by shuttox: 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
E don happen
More Exodus loading

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by ChangetheChange: 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2022
With the continuous gale of Defections from ruling APC states in the North, some confused political naive south west fools will still come here and tell you PDP is more affected by the emergence of Kwankwaso's NNPP in the North, whereas it is visible to the blind the decampees are mainly coming from the APC controlled Northern states and moving into NNPP and PDP.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by IgbalodeRaymond: 6:31pm On Jun 20, 2022
cheesy

na north una dey follow play politics
ok naa
you insulted their god on live tv, twarted his effort to select his successor something you will do if you are in his position.
at the end of the day you had your money bought way and you think the north will be happy with you.

trust me , even buhari cabinet will defect to pdp or even LP if the momentum remains the same by ending of this year.
the only big defection apc might get is Wike but i doubt wike will like to rob sholders with Amaechi in rivers.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by ChangetheChange: 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2022
Jj
Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Samunique(m): 6:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
An evil party with evil agendas is bound to fail sooner or later !

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by SisterFire(f): 6:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
Zonefree:
Soonest APC will to turn a regional party.
... That party I cursed

38 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Kingpin1000: 6:50pm On Jun 20, 2022
Northerners will always be northerners..

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by XerXers: 6:52pm On Jun 20, 2022
APC is Oduduwa party

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Kingpin1000: 6:53pm On Jun 20, 2022
Zetra7:
I pity any southerner presidential candidate counting on northern votes.

Atiku and Kwankwanso will simply tell the north that the south had more of the presidency since 1999.

Any Northern politician who says otherwise will be termed a traitor.

The south has ruled for 14 years while the north 10 years, yet the south wants more 8 years, are northerners not part of this democracy?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
APC would soon become a SW regional party

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by sotall(m): 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2022
They are sore loosers

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Frigga13: 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
PDP!!!!

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

ATIKU OKOWA.. 2023! E sure ..

North 2023

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by ThreeEyedRaven: 7:36pm On Jun 20, 2022
If I’m correct then it means breakfast dey inside microwave for city boy

16 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Olatunji1929: 7:37pm On Jun 20, 2022
Peter obi is better than all of them but obi stand no chance under labour party both Tinubu and atifku will be competing in corruption and cluelessness but I think atifku is more healthy than Tinubu so I will go for atifku though I will not stress myself to go and get pvc goodluck to Nigerian if obi mistakenly win I will be so happy but im not wasting my time over failed projects

13 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Prince111111: 7:39pm On Jun 20, 2022
We dey tell them but no wan hear grin
Some children will be coming with their Papa's parlor analysis now

9 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jun 20, 2022
Na wa o
Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by KanwuliaExtra: 7:51pm On Jun 20, 2022
How come only FAILURES are “dis-infecting”? undecided

If they did not fail, would they have “dis-infected”? grin

11 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Highways: 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2022
Please what exactly happened at Owo?

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Chimaraymond455: 7:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
I didn't blame the north for contesting in 2023 but this people.
Who was shouting power is giving.

12 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:56pm On Jun 20, 2022
These are people who failed to get a return ticket, so it understandable.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Chinjo2: 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2022
Most politicians are rogues. Once they fail to pick their party's ticket, they move to another party. I only pity their followers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Indispensable85(m): 7:59pm On Jun 20, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2022
Olatunji1929:
Peter obi is better than all of them but obi stand no chance under labour party both Tinubu and atifku will be competing in corruption and cluelessness but I think atifku is more healthy than Tinubu so I will go for atifku though I will not stress myself to go and get pvc goodluck to Nigerian if obi mistakenly win I will be so happy but im not wasting my time over failed projects
taaa! Na i will vote peter obi whether he wins or fail

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by Jack500: 8:03pm On Jun 20, 2022
I can see the deluded 5% saying nonsense, those that are defecting are those that fail to clinch the party ticket, APC has 13 governors in the north, the defections will start making sense when one governor decamp.

Tinubu was accompany yesterday with most northern governors to Lagos

You people will learn a lesson by February

13 Likes

Re: Mass Exodus Hits APC In Katsina, Sokoto, Bauchi by rolams(m): 8:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
These Northerners know how to play this game. They are power drunk!

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Must Live With The Consequences Of "CHANGE" - FFK / Biography Of Prince Clement Agba, A Ministerial Nominee By Buhari (photos) / #endsars: Soldiers Deployed To Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.