Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League (2827 Views)

Emirates Takes Over English FA Cup / Great Soccer Fans Get HiTV For Live Matches / English Premier League All Time Winners. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by codedguy1(m): 4:02pm On Aug 11, 2007
Hi guys, Hitv has finally broken dstv's monoly in showing the EPL to nigerian's (Lagos for now) they will also launched their satellite transmission to air the EPL to the whole of nigeria. As a nigerian company we hope that they will give us good service. anyway i am happy that a nigerian company wlll be airing the EPL to nigerians for ones. i think we also support and encourage the company.

what say you guys?
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by Seun(m): 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2007
They didn't break any monopoly; they just appropriated the monopoly to themselves. See this old thread.
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by codedguy1(m): 7:12pm On Aug 14, 2007
Seun,

Its obvious you dont know the meaning of monopoly and the exact rights hitv acquired.
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by Seun(m): 12:38pm On Aug 15, 2007
According to the true definition of monopoly, DSTV is not a monopoly.
According to the HiTV definition of monopoly, HiTV is now a monopoly.
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by codedguy1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2007
Like i said, its obvious. how can u describe something that is shared as monopoly, dstv has 20% while hitv has 80% of the EPL.
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by Seun(m): 7:27pm On Aug 15, 2007
Thanks for the information. In other words, DSTV has monopoly of 20% and HiTV has a monopoly of 80%. wink
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by codedguy1(m): 9:06am On Aug 16, 2007
obviously obvious.
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by Seun(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2007
So HiTV is now more of a monopoly than to DSTV. 4 times more!
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by adechuks(m): 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2007
And the shame of it all is that Nigerians up-country no longer have access to live matches.
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by Abdblues(m): 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2007
People, this is really shamefull, isn't the 'breaking' of monopoly supposed to make viewership of the premiership better? now we have started missing important matches!!which doesnt use to happen before
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by kliverpool(m): 11:36pm On Aug 20, 2007
Nigerian don't want to go thru any pain.
At the end lets say in the next 2-4 month
HITV will have many subscribers.
It IS cheaper and u should all remember HITV is less than a month
old.If u like foot ball that much u should all buy HITV and stop crying its just 3k per month.
i love the fact that we are no more paying south Africa.
HITV IS OWN BUY NIGERIANS.
DSTV HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING IN NIGERIA,HOW MANY PPLE ARE WORKING FOR THEM?
LET US GIVE THIS HITV PPLE CHANCE.
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by adechuks(m): 8:41am On Aug 21, 2007
kliverpool:

If u like foot ball that much u should all buy HITV and stop crying its just 3k per month.

I thought you knew that only Lagos has HiTV right now.
The whole of Nigeria is experiencing near-complete blackout, including the CTL ppl in PH.

The whole point is one monopoly should not be replaced by an inefficient one.
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by SirKay3(m): 1:01pm On Aug 21, 2007
@ all,

As of today, HITV is avaailable all over Nigeria. What I mean is that even if you were living in a hole and have been watching DSTV before, then HITV would work there too.

How? HITV is on satellite now. Link up with any of their agents, buy their decoder/smartcard and let them do the installation for you.

Your DSTV dish setting is the same as theirs, so you dont need to touch the dish. What is to be done is to unplug your DSTV decoder, plug HITV decoder, enter the right parameters and scan manually. It's an installation of about 2 mins.

Was at their office last Friday in Lagos, for an enquiry and met agents from Bauchi, Kaduna and even Maiduguri, buying HITV equipment. They confirmed it is working there
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by Iman3(m): 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2007
Seun:

They didn't break any monopoly; they just appropriated the monopoly to themselves. 

The difference with this monopoly or near monopoly is that it is far more incompetent than the old one.The argument is that at least this monopoly is indigenous.Their services might be crap but at least it is Nigerians that are provided this crap service,hence,we should support them.

Reminds me of when Nigeria took over control of the Shell refinery in Port-Harcourt-abysmal services but at least it is owned by Nigeria
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by adechuks(m): 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2007
But I would rather have great services from the moon than have crap from my brother.
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by codedguy1(m): 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2007
Sir Kay & all

You dont need to unplug yuor DSTV to watch HITV, you can actually tell your installer or technician to connect both of them, its called looping. you'll be able to watch both service providers on he same TV, by changing the channells from the decoders and not the tv.
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by tocdee(m): 4:13pm On Aug 24, 2007
Pls i need hitv contact details here in Enugu. HOW do I subscribe?
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 06, 2007
call me on dis no.08056419503
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 06, 2007
guys,hitv are doing a great job,they are barely one month old,that u guys seem to 4get,when dstv was this young it was crap.now they have fine tuned their channels and its always crystal clear.and new stations are added almost weekly.its fun to watching all my matches,la liga,premiership,serie a,what else can u ask for.whats the use of a satellite tv without soccer?to get yours in abuja and environ call or text 08056419503/08067712810.
HITV-CORRECT TV
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by 9ja4eva: 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2007
Good to know
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by ayusman16(m): 7:09pm On Sep 08, 2007
@9ja4eva
Why do u always paste one word or phrase arnd threads,,,, dont always undstand which side u r on
Re: Hitv Breaks Dstv Monopoly Over English Premier League by 9ja4eva: 6:20am On Sep 10, 2007
LOL

I no get time to type long notes.

E no good?

(1) (Reply)

2015 World Cup Live On Startimes / Paul Scholes Sacked As Oldham Boss After 45 Minutes / N'golo Kante's Possessions And Wealth In Danger.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.