Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire (5691 Views)

Did The Roman Empire Invent Christianity? Answers By Chatgpt / Pope Francis Swears-In Peter Okpaleke As Cardinal Of The Roman Catholic Church / CHURCH VS CONGREGATION Congregation Was Yahshua Creation, Church A Creation Of (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 6:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Lmao. Stop taking about anyone’s intelligence dude. You with the Chi Town white boy Jesus.

Even if one ignores the probability of the “pious fraud” and agree that the dude really did exist, what does that prove?

Does it now prove a virgin gave birth to him in a manger, or that he could perform supernatural acts, or that the he was the son of the Jewish god?
The god of Israel has to be real for it to even have an “only begotten son” with a Greek name.

There is usually no argument about the existence of Mohammed but does his existence prove the incredible claims made about him or justify the madness of the Islamist murderers?

EA Adeboye exists and is a very pious man. But does that prove that he drove 300km on an empty gas tank like he claimed?

If you don’t know the difference between a Semite and a Caucasian, I guess you’re in the same group with them.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by KnownUnknown: 6:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
OkCornel:

For the umpteenth time, that is not a white man.

Understand the difference between an European and an Israeli. From the hair texture, skin tone etc.

And by the way, you can find Colton Burpo, Akiane Kramarik and other witnesses who corroborate same…then argue with them.

This is a different topic altogether which has been discussed on multiple threads on nairaland. You arrived very late to this party.

I don’t need to argue with Ms. Kramarik nor Mr. Burpo (and his Pastor father). A girl paints a picture of a white man in Chicago and calls it Jesus while a pastor writes a book claiming his son went to heaven. Only gullible people believe such.

But you people have been mentally enslaved for a while so I know I’m just pissing in the wind. Enjoy your Chicago Jesus. At least they can depict their god in their own image while y’all are seemingly incapable of such a simple task.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by KnownUnknown: 6:46pm On Jul 02, 2022
OkCornel:

If you don’t know the difference between a Semite and a Caucasian, I guess you’re in the same group with them.

What is a Semite?
What is a Caucasian?

Arbitrary classifications that have no basis in reality.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

I don’t need to argue with Ms. Kramarik nor Mr. Burpo (and his Pastor father). A girl paints a picture of a white man in Chicago and calls it Jesus while a pastor writes a book claiming his son went to heaven. Only gullible people believe such.

But you people have been mentally enslaved for a while so I know I’m just pissing in the wind. Enjoy your Chicago Jesus. At least they can depict their god in their own image while y’all are seemingly incapable of such a simple task.

I guess the several thousands out there corroborating same experience from their NDEs are delusional too.

Wonderful.

Anyways, not to derail this thread, we are discussing THE EXISTENCE OF JESUS CHRIST.

If you want to talk more on the picture, there are multiple threads on this platform this has been discussed.

Don’t distract me
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by KnownUnknown: 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2022
OkCornel:

“Semite” or “Caucasian”. He could have been “mongoloid” for all I care but that doesn’t prove that he could walk on water or committed pseudo-suicide on your behalf.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 6:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

“Semite” or “Caucasian”. He could have been “mongoloid” for all I care but that doesn’t prove that he could walk on water or committed pseudo-suicide on your behalf.

Can we stay on the topic of this thread? undecided

EXISTENCE.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by KnownUnknown: 6:55pm On Jul 02, 2022
OkCornel:

I guess the several thousands out there corroborating same experience from their NDEs are delusional too.

NDE’s are not evidence of anything but a brain under stress. I wouldn’t call them delusional just like I wouldn’t call people who ascribe meaning to dreams as delusional. Just mistaken and superstitious.

OkCornel:

Anyways, not to derail this thread, we are discussing THE EXISTENCE OF JESUS CHRIST.

If you want to talk more on the picture, there are multiple threads on this platform this has been discussed.

Don’t distract me

Yeah, that dude didn’t exist either. Maybe Yeshua existed but a thousand and one Yeshuas have existed but that doesn’t mean one of them was the “son of god”.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by KnownUnknown: 6:56pm On Jul 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Can we stay on the topic of this thread? undecided

EXISTENCE.

If he existed he’s been dead for 2000 years.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 7:01pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

If he existed he’s been dead for 2000 years.

Whatever
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

NDE’s are not evidence of anything but a brain under stress. I wouldn’t call them delusional just like I wouldn’t call people who ascribe meaning to dreams as delusional. Just mistaken and superstitious.

Yeah, that dude didn’t exist either. Maybe Yeshua existed but a thousand and one Yeshuas have existed but that doesn’t mean one of them was the “son of god”.

Yeshua the elder brother of James and Jude. Born of Mary and executed by Pontius Pilate.

The one whose followers were blamed for the great fire of Rome in 64AD

That is the specific character we’re discussing here. Thanks

Or are you aware of other Yeshuas that fit into the above description? undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by KnownUnknown: 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Yeshua the elder brother of James and Jude. Born of Mary and executed by Pontius Pilate.

The one whose followers were blamed for the great fire of Rome in 64AD

That is the specific character we’re discussing here. Thanks

Or are you aware of other Yeshuas that fit into the above description? undecided

Okay, do we know the surname of this Yeshua who had a brother with the English name of James?
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by KnownUnknown: 7:14pm On Jul 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Whatever

What, people don’t die?
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by KnownUnknown: 7:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
“”What harm would it do, if a man told a good strong lie for the sake of the good and for the Christian church ... a lie out of necessity, a useful lie, a helpful lie, such lies would not be against God, he would accept them.“- Martin Luther

OkCornel, he wasn’t the first “man of god” to have such thoughts. Your Josephus evidence could be the same or they could be authentic. What’s probable?
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by budaatum: 7:30pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Or he didn’t exist at all because mythology and allegory do not relate fact and at best embellished tales if not outright lies.

Shango could be after all the most famous Yoruba king but not exist [b]as far as an individua[/b]l in Shanghai is concerned. Regardless, he couldn’t send thunderbolts to harm his enemies because that is an obvious incredible and improbable claim.

As you can see, it's up to the individual what they choose to believe. And in honour of Pride, I will add, so long as they don’t do it in the street and frighten the horses or harm anyone.

For Shango, the consensus seems to be that he was a real person who existed at some point though everyone is free to believe what they may, but as for "obvious incredible and improbable claim", as I said,

budaatum:
KnownUnknown, MindHacker9009, do note that there is a difference between the existence of a Jesus Christ, and the truth of what is read about a Jesus Christ in the Bible.

While one may argue that no one literally walks on water or feeds thousands with a couple of loaves of bread and fish or raise the dead etc, that does not mean the person stories have been fabricated about did not exist.

I can fabricate lies about the billions of roubles I have in my pocket and how I fly to the moon for breakfast every morning but that does not make my existence a lie.

Oh. And nice try trying to drag me into the irrelevant arguement about the inconsequential existence of Jesus Christ, and Sango!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by TNORWAY: 7:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Whatever
sir
Please ignore anyone that doesn't want to learn. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 7:51pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Okay, do we know the surname of this Yeshua who had a brother with the English name of James?

Yeshua Ben Yosef (the Carpenter), born of Miriam, elder brother of Ya’koub (James) and Thaddaeus (Jude)

If the Hebrew names make you more comfortable, I’ve included them.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by budaatum: 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
MindHacker9009:
E.g: If we are told.....

Please, but "if we" who? Were you not told not to put your hands in the fire, MindHacker9009? Did you put your hand in the fire or not? I did, so I can't possibly be "if we", to start with.

MindHacker9009:
It is pure ignorance for those who believe .....
It is my own opinion that the reason people believe is because they lack the information that would constitute knowledge to them.

Consider:

The reason to believe rain is falling on my head is simply due to my ignorance of what may be falling on my head. By looking up to the sky I will reduce my ignorance and know if it is rain that is falling or if someone is pissing on my head.

I may believe I have a million pounds in my pocket but I would need to take it out of my pocket and count it so I may know it is a million pounds before I go to buy a Ferrari with it unless I am not complete in the head.

A possibly fictional person is written to have said, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened".

As you may see, "everyone" is not "we", as some will ask and knock and seek in the the sky and in my pocket so one may know instead of ignorantly creating or allowing crap to be created in one's own head and believing it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 7:53pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

What, people don’t die?

Elijah and Enoch didn’t die undecided

Talk for another day.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by budaatum: 8:01pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

What truth is read in the Bible?
The word “truth” ceases to have any discernible meaning when it comes to religious beliefs.

In normal usage truth is that which is true or in accordance with fact or reality.

What is in accordance with reality about mythology of the jews that y’all place on a pedestal?

What truth is read about the Jew with the Graeco Roman name who was the “Christ”?

Abraham Lincoln’s existence does not validate the movie Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Just like the existence of a Yeshua in the 1st century does not mean he was a “Christ” and all that it entails.

See what you've listed as the things in the Bible in which you seek for truth, KnownUnknown. Can you consider that others might see different things to what you see for starts, or do you think everyone sees equally?

What if I tell you there is more than that in the Bible that could be considered to be true. And no, I do not mean your narrow definition of truth but at least this much of it.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by KnownUnknown: 8:11pm On Jul 02, 2022
budaatum:

See what you've listed as the things in the Bible in which you seek for truth, KnownUnknown. Can you consider that others might see different things to what you see for starts, or do you think everyone sees equally?

Budaatum, what is the “truth” about Jesus Christ in the Bible was the question.

budaatum:

What if I tell you there is more than that in the Bible that could be considered to be true. And no, I do not mean your narrow definition of truth but at least this much of it.

Posting a Wikipedia article does not answer the simple question asked.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by KnownUnknown: 8:13pm On Jul 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Yeshua Ben Yosef (the Carpenter), born of Miriam, elder brother of Ya’koub (James) and Thaddaeus (Jude)

If the Hebrew names make you more comfortable, I’ve included them.

Nice, except you should have changed Jude to Judas not Thaddeus.
Where did you get that his name was Yeshua Ben Yosef and how do you know he was a carpenter?
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by KnownUnknown: 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Elijah and Enoch didn’t die undecided

Talk for another day.

I was in Mesopotamia along the banks of the Euphrates. I met a 946 year old androgynous being with the visage of a 21 year old. They are immortal.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 8:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Nice, except you should have changed Jude to Judas not Thaddeus.
Where did you get that his name was Yeshua Ben Yosef and how do you know he was a carpenter?

His father Joseph was a carpenter. Yeshua Ben Yosef means (Jesus son of Joseph)

Jude (Judas) also bears Thaddeus.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 8:21pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

I was in Mesopotamia along the banks of the Euphrates. I met a 946 year old androgynous being with the visage of a 21 year old. They are immortal.

Okay, good for you undecided
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 8:26pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Lol NDE is evidence of brain under stress?

I pray tell, why don’t mentally stressed people have NDEs by default?

An average Nigerian in this Buhari regime should have NDEs on a daily basis hmmm? cheesy
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 8:28pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

What is a Semite?
What is a Caucasian?

Arbitrary classifications that have no basis in reality.

Semite (Iranians, Iraqis, Israelites for example)

Caucasian (white Europeans and Americans)
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by KnownUnknown: 8:29pm On Jul 02, 2022
OkCornel:

His father Joseph was a carpenter. Yeshua Ben Yosef means (Jesus son of Joseph)

So Yosef, a carpenter in ancient Judea, had a son named Yeshua. Is that tradition or history?

Also, if I follow your argument does it mean Yeshua was an ordinary man with a father named Yosef?

OkCornel:

Jude (Judas) also bears Thaddeus.

It appears Thaddeus is Greek so maybe it should be Judas Taddai?

Also, tradition says Thaddeus is one of the 12 and not the brother.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by KnownUnknown: 8:35pm On Jul 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Semite (Iranians, Iraqis, Israelites for example)

Other than Eurocentric types and their disingenuous classifications, none of these “semites” consider themselves whatever Semite is supposed to be.
Read for yourself.
https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/who-are-the-semites/amp/

OkCornel:

Caucasian (white Europeans and Americans)

What is a white European and where are they from?

Are there other types of Europeans apart from the white ones? Are those also “Caucasian”.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by MindHacker9009(m): 8:37pm On Jul 02, 2022
@budaatum

People were told that a certain man could disappear in the 80s and they all believed until he was caught and he was not able to disappear.
So your response below is not relevant.

budaatum:

Please, but "if we" who? Were you not told not to put your hands in the fire, MindHacker9009? Did you put your hand in the fire or not? I did, so I can't possibly be "if we", to start with.

It is my own opinion that the reason people believe is because they lack the information that would constitute knowledge to them.

Consider:

The reason to believe rain is falling on my head is simply due to my ignorance of what may be falling on my head. By looking up to the sky I will reduce my ignorance and know if it is rain that is falling or if someone is pissing on my head.

I may believe I have a million pounds in my pocket but I would need to take it out of my pocket and count it so I may know it is a million pounds before I go to buy a Ferrari with it unless I am not complete in the head.

A possibly fictional person is written to have said, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened".

As you may see, "everyone" is not "we", as some will ask and knock and seek in the the sky and in my pocket so one may know instead of ignorantly creating or allowing crap to be created in one's own head and believing it.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 8:42pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

So Yosef, a carpenter in ancient Judea, had a son named Yeshua. Is that tradition or history?

Also, if I follow your argument does it mean Yeshua was an ordinary man with a father named Yosef?

It appears Thaddeus is Greek so maybe it should be Judas Taddai?

Also, tradition says Thaddeus is one of the 12 and not the brother.

It’s history, Yosef the Father of Yeshua was a Carpenter.

My bad, Yehudah is the Hebrew name for Jude.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by OkCornel(m): 8:43pm On Jul 02, 2022
KnownUnknown:

Other than Eurocentric types and their disingenuous classifications, none of these “semites” consider themselves whatever Semite is supposed to be.
Read for yourself.
https://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/who-are-the-semites/amp/

What is a white European and where are they from?

Are there other types of Europeans apart from the white ones? Are those also “Caucasian”.

For goodness sake, check the nations which descended from Shem.

Japheth is the ancestor of the Europeans.
Re: Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire by KnownUnknown: 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2022
OkCornel:

Lol NDE is evidence of brain under stress?

Yes it is, what is so funny about that?!. Is a “near death experience” not a stressful event?

OkCornel:

I pray tell, why don’t mentally stressed people have NDEs by default?

A brain under stress also include medical emergencies or is that not apparent?! Is the brain of a person on an emergency table under stress?

OkCornel:

An average Nigerian in this Buhari regime should have NDEs on a daily basis hmmm? cheesy

Im sure some that have had medical emergencies that led to the loss of consciousness would have experienced NDE event.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Awesome Testimony From A Nairalander I Met About Gods Miraculous Intervention! / HEAVEN: A Prepared Place For Prepared People. / If Hell Is Real,then We Are All Doomed For It.(its In The Bible)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.