Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,436 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Every Immigrant's Car Story! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Every Immigrant's Car Story! (653 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Immigrant's Car Story! by Professor822714: 1:33am On Jun 21, 2022
1st 3 months - 1998 Honda aaccord (or older)- from Craigslist ($300)
3-6 months- 2000 Toyota Camry ( from offer up)-$1,000
6months -1 year - 2008 Honda (dealership )- transmission + check engine after 6months (monthly payments $500)
2 years+ .... tear rubber �
What's your car story?
Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by daddytime(m): 1:53am On Jun 21, 2022
Professor822714:
1st 3 months - 1998 Honda aaccord (or older)- from Craigslist ($300)
3-6 months- 2000 Toyota Camry ( from offer up)-$1,000
6months -1 year - 2008 Honda (dealership )- transmission + check engine after 6months (monthly payments $500)
2 years+ .... tear rubber �
What's your car story?

Mine was a $5k car in my first month...

I didn't want to experiment or manage...
Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by Harrykn: 2:16am On Jun 21, 2022
Who go carry me japa biko, even if i go do labour work wahala no dey. Any country wey dem dey pay wages/hr biko, i no really need the us palava. @25 i no get bicycle.
Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by Professor822714: 4:22am On Jun 21, 2022
daddytime:

Lucky you!
Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by Professor822714: 5:24am On Jun 21, 2022
daddytime:

Smart move!
Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by Professor822714: 5:26am On Jun 21, 2022
Harrykn:
Who go carry me japa biko, even if i go do labour work wahala no dey. Any country wey dem dey pay wages/hr biko, i no really need the us palava. @25 i no get bicycle.
Student visa is your best bet bro!
Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by Harrykn: 8:31am On Jun 21, 2022
Professor822714:

Student visa is your best bet bro!
Nah so everybody dey reason me. Lockdown season was the worst Academic year in my entire academic career. I managed to stand tall again now, 4 months strike. Hehehe
And Again professor822714, is possible to study healthcare management with an accounting degree?
Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by Professor822714: 11:08am On Jun 21, 2022
Harrykn:

Nah so everybody dey reason me. Lockdown season was the worst Academic year in my entire academic career. I managed to stand tall again now, 4 months strike. Hehehe
And Again professor822714, is possible to study healthcare management with an accounting degoree?
Definitely so. Question is: where are you planning to study? UK U.S. or Canada? Or elsewhere? Have you started applying to universities? It's a doable process but you need to invest time and effort. Start wide then narrow down to the ones you think will click for you.
Don't be afraid to explore new places but also remember if it sounds too good to be true it's possibly a scam. No free lunch anywhere- especially overseas!
There are threads on student visa applications on nairaland that are quite informative.
If you need help in the application process d9nt hesitate to send me a message. Cheers!
Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by Harrykn: 11:30am On Jun 21, 2022
Professor822714:

Definitely so. Question is: where are you planning to study? UK U.S. or Canada? Or elsewhere? Have you started applying to universities? It's a doable process but you need to invest time and effort. Start wide then narrow down to the ones you think will click for you.
Don't be afraid to explore new places but also remember if it sounds too good to be true it's possibly a scam. No free lunch anywhere- especially overseas!
There are threads on student visa applications on nairaland that are quite informative.
If you need help in the application process d9nt hesitate to send me a message. Cheers!
I’ve been on travel sec for a long time. I know its not rosy anywhere but considering the amount of stress i get here, if i put in such energy elsewhere( a developed country per say) it would have paid off. How will I work sun-sun(7am-8pm) @ 20k monthly n build myself a house? How will a young struggling lad like me do labour jobs from morning- evening @ 3500 n live a comfortable life?

I must leave this country oh by fire and by force. i trusted my academic japa level but after 3 long strikes, now this is the fourth one I doubt i can still do school japa. I belong to the streets now bro, hoping of escaping somehow someday.

I applied for MSc program to some schools in Germany. They called me and asked where I stopped in my education, i tell dem say nah one year remain to finish my degree. Now nah the 3rd year i dey so, I love my country but this country no love me.

Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by Mindgimmicks: 11:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hello, please I am at logger heads because I got a visa refusal last year because of personal assets and financial status issues. Please how do I address this as I want to begin another application.
As an HND holder in engineering, is it advisable to apply for Pgd in project management?
Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by Professor822714: 8:20am On Jun 22, 2022
Mindgimmicks:
Hello, please I am at logger heads because I got a visa refusal last year because of personal assets and financial status issues. Please how do I address this as I want to begin another application.
As an HND holder in engineering, is it advisable to apply for Pgd in project management?
No biggie! First step is to get an admission from a higher institution. Once you are accepted, you can work towards submitting an application. I must warn that it's not always a linear process and everyone has a different story. As concerning a pdg/ masters or PhD, everyone has a different opinion. One thing you must always be careful about is your ability to present a SENSIBLE application - meaning if the vuaa officer is not convinced beyond reasonable doubt that you are legit then you're toast - back to square one!
So I advise you so your homework well. It's always better to aim for a higher degree e.g masters or PhD cos that's more intense than a pgd. Remember a lot of students get there and don't even report to the university so the visa officer is also looking for genuineness of intent.
Send in a lot of applications and look out for positive responses and scholarships.
Let me know how it goes or if you need assistance. Cheers
Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by Professor822714: 8:24am On Jun 22, 2022
Harrykn:

I’ve been on travel sec for a long time. I know its not rosy anywhere but considering the amount of stress i get here, if i put in such energy elsewhere( a developed country per say) it would have paid off. How will I work sun-sun(7am-8pm) @ 20k monthly n build myself a house? How will a young struggling lad like me do labour jobs from morning- evening @ 3500 n live a comfortable life?

I must leave this country oh by fire and by force. i trusted my academic japa level but after 3 long strikes, now this is the fourth one I doubt i can still do school japa. I belong to the streets now bro, hoping of escaping somehow someday.

I applied for MSc program to some schools in Germany. They called me and asked where I stopped in my education, i tell dem say nah one year remain to finish my degree. Now nah the 3rd year i dey so, I love my country but this country no love me.
Chill bro. Na so every man comot but it takes pkanning and timing.
Do you have a plan? Which schools have accepted you? Do you have letters and a bank account balance? What's your first degree? Ielts test nko? These are all in the mix bro. Clear your mind and focus on your goal. Cheers
Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by Mindgimmicks: 8:31am On Jun 22, 2022
Okay, thanks for the response. Regarding the financial status and personal assets, how to I tackle it?
Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by Professor822714: 9:43am On Jun 22, 2022
Mindgimmicks:
Okay, thanks for the response. Regarding the financial status and personal assets, how to I tackle it?
Firstly it depends on where you are applying to. Also are you married with children? Your bank statements will need to cover tuition, accommodation and living expenses for you/dependents. Once you get a school to accept you, they will have a section on the admission/international students page that will guide you in this regard.
For a start I'd focus on getting acceptance onto a program. Cheers
Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by JapaProf: 5:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
Mindgimmicks:

Your SOP must be outstanding to stand a chance.
Re: Every Immigrant's Car Story! by Mindgimmicks: 12:10am On Jun 23, 2022
Can a sop review be done to ascertain if it's okay?

(1) (Reply)

Most Lagosians Have Not Visited The Snake Island, Lagos State / Oversea Tit-bit / Travel The Road Less Traveled !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.