Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,855 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:16 AM

Man United Shouldn’t Have Waited This Long To Offer A Contract -paul Pogba - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man United Shouldn’t Have Waited This Long To Offer A Contract -paul Pogba (260 Views)

‘I Waited For 17 Years’- Ighalo Elated To Win First Career League Crown / Barcelona Willing To Offer Three Players To Chelsea In Exchange For Willian / Paul Pogba And His Twin Brothers Dance At MTV EMA (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man United Shouldn’t Have Waited This Long To Offer A Contract -paul Pogba by Tunechi5(m): 8:05am On Jun 21, 2022
In his new documentary, Paul Pogba hit out at Manchester United for offering him ‘nothing’ despite two contract offers worth around £300,000-a-week.

The ‘Pogmentary’ goes behind the scenes with the World Cup winner whilst also revealing the failed negotiations between the player and the Red Devils.

The Athletic obtained access to preview material of the documentary and revealed that Pogba discussed United’s second offer with his late agent Mino Raiola, describing it as ‘nothing’ as he sat in his Rolls Royce.
A frustrated Pogba said: ”How can you tell a player you absolutely want him and offer him nothing? Never seen that.” 

Pogba’s words were in response to the then manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer who had promised him last summer that he was going to ‘build a team around’ the 29-year-old.

United made a number of genuine attempts to keep Pogba at the club as his contract began to wind down but as the midfielder entered the final 12 months of his deal, the club were resigned to the idea that the Frenchman was angling for a move away.

A section of the documentary shows Pogba driving in Miami whilst on the phone to Raiola.

The agent said: “Paul, you are in a situation which is very particular. You have no idea. You have no idea.” 

Pogba then asks: “Did Manchester (United) make a second offer?” To which Raiola replies: “Yes. They absolutely want you to stay. For me, the offer doesn’t reflect that. I told them, “If you want him to stay, don’t make that offer”.

“I will make them understand that if they really want you to stay and they want to build a project around you, this time they have to act differently and put the money on the table.” 

"They’re bluffing,” Pogba replies. “How can you tell a player you absolutely want him and offer him nothing? Never seen that.”

At the end of the documentary, Pogba pledges to “show Manchester that they made a mistake in waiting to give me a contract. And show other clubs that Manchester made a mistake in not offering me a contract.”

Paul Pogba on Jose Mourinho at United  

'I decided to go to Miami for rehab and left. In Miami a paparazzo photographed me with my wife Zulay.

'Mourinho sent the photo to Raiola. I didn't like it at all... at all. I said to Mou, "are you serious? I am injured, but I come here to train three times a day. Who do you think I am? I'm not like other players".'

It was then that relations between Pogba and Mourinho began to break down and the pair were involved in several bust-ups before the Portuguese was sacked in December 2018.

Mourinho had stripped Pogba of the vice-captaincy and made backhanded comments about the Frenchman's performances for his country before a dramatic training ground spat was spotted by television cameras.

The then United boss also allegedly referred to Pogba as a 'virus', comments which did not go down well in the midfielder's camp.

Pogba is leaving United for a second time this summer after rejoining United for £89million under Mourinho in 2016 - although there were reports that the manager had no say in the deal and the signing was made for commercial reasons.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksport.com/football/1131234/paul-pogba-pogmentary-man-united-contract-transfer-juventus/amp/

Re: Man United Shouldn’t Have Waited This Long To Offer A Contract -paul Pogba by ogyunging(m): 1:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
Make dem carry am dey go abeg

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Lifts Ban On NBBF / Confirmed: Manchester United To Announce Lisandro Martinez / Manchester United Vs Aston Villa 2−2- All Gоals & Extеndеd Hіghlіghts - 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.