Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:40 PM

Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos (24538 Views)

Someone Bought N200k Drink From Lady With Counterfeit Note In Lagos / Six SARS Officers Arrested After Extorting Twin Brothers In Delta State. Photos / 4 SARS Officers Arrested For Kidnapping, Extorting N7 Million From Bishop(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by DonBenny77(m): 6:01pm On Jun 21, 2022
seborrhic:
Inasmuch as the police have done a marvelous job arresting the corrupt police officers,I find the lady's story to be emblemished to possibly justify why she patted with ₦320k.
That Nigerian policemen,as corrupt as they are,would intimidate and extort a Nigerian LADY with a mere accusation of possession of weed,I find extremely difficult to believe and don't believe.
Nigerian policemen are quite circumspect of even extorting ladies with proven,serious criminal acts,talkless of mere accusation of weed.
Even a man found in possession of weed,not even mere accusation or planted,would hardly part with that huge sum
There is more to this story the lady is not saying,I can bet anything.
You don't know what you are saying. Na their M.O. if they hand you over to NDLEA do you know how much you will pay plus suffer?
The story is as simple as she narrated. Once Nigerian police see substantial amount of cash on you, they can do anything to make it theirs

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by iscom(m): 6:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
Shey!
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
May GOD and Devil punish them
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by Orlatunday11(m): 6:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
Like we miss the core point here.
They need physical witness after writing statement
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by dazzlingd(m): 6:34pm On Jun 21, 2022
seborrhic:
Inasmuch as the police have done a marvelous job arresting the corrupt police officers,I find the lady's story to be emblemished to possibly justify why she patted with ₦320k.
That Nigerian policemen,as corrupt as they are,would intimidate and extort a Nigerian LADY with a mere accusation of possession of weed,I find extremely difficult to believe and don't believe.
Nigerian policemen are quite circumspect of even extorting ladies with proven,serious criminal acts,talkless of mere accusation of weed.
Even a man found in possession of weed,not even mere accusation or planted,would hardly part with that huge sum

You know nothing

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by Concord23(m): 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2022
seborrhic:

It seems like you are one of the Nigeria police and you know how you guys do it

2 Likes

Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by swissgoldenpro2: 6:44pm On Jun 21, 2022
Nigerian police is a disgrace
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by deepwater(f): 6:51pm On Jun 21, 2022
seborrhic:

i am 100% certain you do not have a 1st hand experience of the Nigerian Police Force.
When dealing with the NPF you pay according to the amount available in your account and not according to the crew u committed.
once dey see 1m for ur aza, u go drop am for them even if na small weed dey ur purse
i have seen NPF requested for huge amount unto say person drive fine car.
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by baba4thegehs: 6:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
seborrhic:

This one na mumu talk.

Wait until you jam those monsters?!!

Ode Oshiiii

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by Bridget95(f): 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2022
Gbemini:
I find it hard to believe this story ...... Now the lady in question is no where to be found ..... Let d lady come out and face them if her story is true
it can happen to anyone
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by latolz: 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
Very useless beasts.. USELESS SHAMELESS CREATURES..
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by deepwater(f): 6:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
Johnrake69:
See if you don't have mind Nigerian police will extort every dime you have on you.

That was how I was picked up at Okota round about. They kept insisting on knowing who I was and what I do for a living. I mentioned my company but they were not satisfied that they needed ID from my company. I told them there's no law in Nigeria that says I must have a work ID. I have given you my driver's license.

Then, the idiot jumped into my car. And insisted I go to the station with him. And I asked him if I was under arrest so I can call my lawyer and he said no. Then I refused moving my car. We created a scene then one of his seniors came like he wanted to settle us begged me to go to the station with him which I did.

I got there and my care was ransacked. Ofcourse they didn't find anything. Their Boss came out and was shouting that I'm the one proving stubborn that today he's going to investigate my company.

Forcefully collected my phones. When he didn't find anything he started asking me if I my company pays tax that he can hand me over to Firs. I was just laughing and told him let's go to FIRS.

At the end he took me to a room where there's AC and started preaching friendship to me. That we can be friends and that why was I proving stubborn like I have done something wrong. Last last he gave me my car keys and I left.

Once you panic you're now their maga.

bro
u were lucky
OKOTA round about people na roger dem dey find from fine vehicles
If like say na those guys for Durbar junction on ur way to shoprite or those festac guys i swear u go pay like madt.
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by Bridget95(f): 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2022
Amnesty International and other world bodies have to act on this menace ravaging this country. How can a force funded with task payers money to fight crime turnout to be criminals themselves preying on the innocent poor masses.
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by Anakazo22: 7:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
seborrhic:

There is nothing more to this story, this story is very true,it's because you have not encounter some corrupt and evil Nigeria policemen that's why you are saying such. I can guarantee you that they planted the weed in her bag to set her up. My advice is this, when you give police your bag to search, make sure you are vigilant else they will plant incriminating evidence on you and if you deny they will say you are calling them liars, have seen this first-hand so I know what am saying.
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by Originalsly: 7:04pm On Jun 21, 2022
seborrhic:

You have one up with what the Police will do and would not do.... why can't you come up with the more to the story? ... what can that more be?

@ topic ... there will always be corrupt Police....the problem is how the authorities deal with them.
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by Hamziyah(m): 7:05pm On Jun 21, 2022
seborrhic:
Nigerian police, awon labani woran baarida, ebora dudu toun wo black uniform. They simply planted weed inside the lady's suitcase. Have you forgoten Brother Shagi's case? If not for the vigilance of his girlfriend, some were busy dragging issue with shagi in front while one was planting weed at the back. Please be argus-eyed anytime those people say the want to search your belonging, you can even demand to first search the officer who would conduct the searching as this would at least intimidate them that they are dealing with an informed fellow.
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by Abiscodi11: 7:07pm On Jun 21, 2022
criminal officers, na so defunct SARS collect 50K from me just because I help someone in 2018. But as God will have it, their oga got God judgement a week later
ULTIMATEMediaNg:
Video of the lady making complaints :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THZMiZqjm0A

Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer SP Benjamin Hundeyin confirmed this in a tweet this morning.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenHundeyin/status/1539133603245957122/photo/1

The Lady took to social media to describe her ordeal at the hands of some ostensibly Nigerian police officers. On her way to Lekki Phase II, the lady said she was robbed by the cops.

According to her, the Policemen pulled over their car at a checkpoint in Lekki Conservation Center and searched their belongings. She gladly handed over her suitcase to the authorities because it contained nothing incriminating. When one of the Policemen questioned what she was doing with weed, she was taken aback.

If she didn't give them N400,000k, they threatened to hand her over to the NDLEA. She ended up giving them N320,000k out of fear.
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by tomju2(f): 7:16pm On Jun 21, 2022
seborrhic:

Sometimes, I wonder why people post irrational comments. I was extorted 50k by police officers in Onitsha because I didn't know where my engine number is located! Do you know that engine number is stamped on the engine block of a car down below?. How do you show the police man that? Long story short the man almost paid back with his job!! It took the entire community to beg me after my refund was made to our chambers before we dropped the case. This particular officers near conservation are crooks. They always plant stuff in people's bags and cars. The lady should have asked him to show bare hands before the search. He wont. He will start ranting....do you want to teach me my job blah blah blah.
Anyway, i believe the lady 100%. Keep doubting until it happens to you. Also, do you know that everyone needs a certain level of awareness to handle this kind of situation? Let me give you a true life story. A man was remanded in prison in this Lagos. His wife went to visit him. After the visit, she cried and came out of the gate. A prison warder, a member of the armed squad, approached her. Why are you crying...? The lady narrated her husband's ordeal. The man said "don't worry I will help you. Come, i will tell the DCP to release your husband. Follow me . He took her to his flat at the prison barracks and camped her there for 4 days. Don't asked me what happened there. After 4 days, oga was not released. She was not aware that no one except the court that remanded her hubby can release her, or a higher court via appeal. Anyway, when the husband called the wife, she confessed that she is "doing everything possible " to release him. The man was worried. How? When I left mo money? The woman started crying and told her story. The man went berserk! It took a lot of intervention to calm him. Ofcourse the culprit was apprehended and "dismissed"-we heard. Or maybe transferred. They always transfer over dismiss. Anyway, why would someone fall for such a cheap scheme. That he will tell the authorities to release her hubby. Just like that.
Awareness!

2 Likes

Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by ebeburu: 7:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
Pelaiye2703:

Wait mek e happen to u, body go tell u.
waytn she wants do with egbo
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by Abubakaristy: 7:42pm On Jun 21, 2022
That is nothing nigerian police men cannot do just for them to get money
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by YeyeGbami: 7:54pm On Jun 21, 2022
seborrhic:

Are you playing My guy police wicked o forget all these ya epistle. I’ve been there.

They use the format well well know, they frame you up with weed and threaten you with ndlea.
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by YeyeGbami: 8:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
tomju2:

Sometimes, I wonder why people post irrational comments. I was extorted 50k by police officers in Onitsha because I didn't know where my engine number is located! Do you know that engine number is stamped on the engine block of a car down below?. How do you show the police man that? Long story short the man almost paid back with his job!! It took the entire community to beg me after my refund was made to our chambers before we dropped the case. This particular officers near conservation are crooks. They always plant stuff in people's bags and cars. The lady should have asked him to show bare hands before the search. He wont. He will start ranting....do you want to teach me my job blah blah blah.
Anyway, i believe the lady 100%. Keep doubting until it happens to you. Also, do you know that everyone needs a certain level of awareness to handle this kind of situation? Let me give you a true life story. A man was remanded in prison in this Lagos. His wife went to visit him. After the visit, she cried and came out of the gate. A prison warder, a member of the armed squad, approached her. Why are you crying...? The lady narrated her husband's ordeal. The man said "don't worry I will help you. Come, i will tell the DCP to release your husband. Follow me . He took her to his flat at the prison barracks and camped her there for 4 days. Don't asked me what happened there. After 4 days, oga was not released. She was not aware that no one except the court that remanded her hubby can release her, or a higher court via appeal. Anyway, when the husband called the wife, she confessed that she is "doing everything possible " to release him. The man was worried. How? When I left mo money? The woman started crying and told her story. The man went berserk! It took a lot of intervention to calm him. Ofcourse the culprit was apprehended and "dismissed"-we heard. Or maybe transferred. They always transfer over dismiss. Anyway, why would someone fall for such a cheap scheme. That he will tell the authorities to release her hubby. Just like that.
Awareness!

Fućking opportunist. The bad police deserve nothing but gruesome deaths.
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by shaggy007(m): 8:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
Gangster1ms:
This is why I'm happy whenever they are shot and killed..
Make dem come south east try this abeg na embarassed

Haba na, I don't even wish my enemy to be a policeman in South East
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by InoGetJoy: 8:58pm On Jun 21, 2022
seborrhic:
See this one. People have parted with larger sums of money when nothing incriminating was found on then
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by kokkubabboni421(m): 9:35pm On Jun 21, 2022
Johnrake69:
See if you don't have mind Nigerian police will extort every dime you have on you.

That was how I was picked up at Okota round about. They kept insisting on knowing who I was and what I do for a living. I mentioned my company but they were not satisfied that they needed ID from my company. I told them there's no law in Nigeria that says I must have a work ID. I have given you my driver's license.

Then, the idiot jumped into my car. And insisted I go to the station with him. And I asked him if I was under arrest so I can call my lawyer and he said no. Then I refused moving my car. We created a scene then one of his seniors came like he wanted to settle us begged me to go to the station with him which I did.

I got there and my care was ransacked. Ofcourse they didn't find anything. Their Boss came out and was shouting that I'm the one proving stubborn that today he's going to investigate my company.

Forcefully collected my phones. When he didn't find anything he started asking me if I my company pays tax that he can hand me over to Firs. I was just laughing and told him let's go to FIRS.

At the end he took me to a room where there's AC and started preaching friendship to me. That we can be friends and that why was I proving stubborn like I have done something wrong. Last last he gave me my car keys and I left.

Once you panic you're now their maga.
Check the time you’ve wasted and you’d see that those bastards are up to no good. That’s why some people just sort them to avoid stories that touch
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by onadana: 10:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
seborrhic:

What more to which story?Didn't you hear the part she said it was her first experience. You don't have an idea what Nigerian police can do to you.
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by shegun4sur: 1:40am On Jun 22, 2022
seborrhic:

I am with you. Very sensible observation
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by Enifloxy(m): 9:12am On Jun 22, 2022
seborrhic:
If them hold you once, all this story when you dey yarn go turn gibberish.
Re: Police Officers Arrested For Extorting N320k From Lady In Lagos by BluntCrazeMan: 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2022
TheStakeHolder:
Hope they will be prosecuted accordingly!

lipsrsealed
This Buhari Era Bro.
Nothing will happen to them.
VOTE FOR PETER OBI.
At least, he will put the Nigerian Police Back on the right track.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

63 Vehicles, 98 Shops Burnt In Abule Egba Pipeline Fire / Beulah, Teenage Girl Declared Missing In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Housewife Bathes Her Husband Mistress With Acid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.