Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? (31655 Views)

What Games Can I Run On This Laptop? / This Laptop Could Be What You're Looking For / I Need Advice On This Laptop elitebook 8460p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by LordPherule(m): 3:50am On Jun 22, 2022
The lasting time of its power time
Cenner:

Thanks. How about the battery, What does the 2 hour backup mean?
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by LordPherule(m): 3:53am On Jun 22, 2022
Get a durable pc, and start something. One thing will lead/link to another thing.

I vastly do most of my virtual tasks on my mobile phone. Though I have a Dell laptop pc I majorly use for surfing the deepweb.
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by Theanyanwu: 4:21am On Jun 22, 2022
Well... Crypto trading or Digital Marketing .

You can learn these things with your phone too incase Nepa takes the light. Make sure you buy a powerbank like Oraimo that will last for you to learn these skills

Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by ademony(m): 5:03am On Jun 22, 2022
I'm a graphics designer, artificer and a printer. Started my design journey with an HP15 4GB RAM 320HDD, Intel Dual Core. Now I use this and to be honest it's a very good laptop and has handled my design processes faster. It's an upgrade to the one in your post, bigger screen (15.6), faster processor (Core i7, 2.7ghz speed), 8GB ram, 2hrs battery.
Putting it up for sale 95k, you may be interested.

Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by pjmoa(m): 5:15am On Jun 22, 2022
paduzman:
I'm in the comments, I want to learn too, my laptop can't just be for playing games and watching movies
If you are passionate about coding and programming and you are serious about learning you can reach me on
Whatsapp for training
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by 10kgod(m): 5:19am On Jun 22, 2022
Angrydaveed2:
If you are interested in learning web design to make some cool cash you can send me a message, your laptop is good enough for that purpose

I'm interested boss
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by tiswell(m): 5:26am On Jun 22, 2022
CarDataNG:

Ignore the maximum storage line on the advert.

Laptop is a 4gb RAM, 320gb mechanical spinning hard disk drive, 1st gen intel i5 laptop. Screen is 14.1 inches. Resolution is 1366 X 768px. It was launched in 2010.

Battery lasted 4 hours when brand new on windows 7. Two hours after 12 years is fair.

You might learn basic web programming with it. You should not plan on doing mobile apps development with it as the 4gb (8gb after upgrade ) would freeze intermittently on simulator loads.

For graphics, it would be better to get a laptop with a dedicated graphics card. This does not have. It would load but you would spend more time and heat doing basic stuffs.

Web development. HTML, CSS, Javascript then a library after some months. Load VS Code, Download Firefox Developer Edition and you are good to go.

For graphics, i would be looking at another system in 2022.
Please,what is the best recommended laptop?
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by NobleDeSage001: 6:19am On Jun 22, 2022
Yes, 4GB RAM with graphics design.
I use a laptop that has 4GB RAM, yet I run GIMP smoothly on it. I have never had any issues with it.

Do you know how long it will take him to learn programming?

Springboot:

Graphic design with 4G ram? That's low, start with python programming, proceed to Java or c#.

Alternatively you can do Javascript.
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by NobleDeSage001: 6:22am On Jun 22, 2022
KingAzubuike:

Don't mislead him , that spec isn't good for graphics design.

What will I gain if I mislead him?
I advised him based on my experience.

I use a laptop that has 4GB RAM, yet I run GIMP smoothly on it. I have never had any issues with it.

He needs to start from somewhere.
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by MrFourSHIRTS: 6:26am On Jun 22, 2022
Donangelo:
In what area of farming?
cannabis cultivation
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by NobleDeSage001: 6:26am On Jun 22, 2022
It's no joke bro. It's real. 4GB RAM works fine for me with GIMP.

Ewizard:

4GB ram for graphic design??
You joking ryt?
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by MrFourSHIRTS: 6:27am On Jun 22, 2022
babasolution:

Hello,which kind of farming?animal or which?
cannabis cultivation
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by MrFourSHIRTS: 6:27am On Jun 22, 2022
lereinter:

200k farming

You want him to be planting igbo

Lolzzzzz

how did you know? you must be a prophet
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by NobleDeSage001: 6:27am On Jun 22, 2022
Quim2:

That laptop is not good.

Manageable yes

Yes, manageable for a start.
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by NobleDeSage001: 6:29am On Jun 22, 2022
Cenner:

Thanks. How about the battery, What does the 2 hour backup mean?

The laptop battery can last for up to 2hrs when fully charged.
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by Emario48(m): 6:48am On Jun 22, 2022
paradigmshift:
Me I have m1 MacBook pro 16gb ,1tb ssd.

What can I learn because e dey waste ..

Help

Oya sell am give me for same 80k ����
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by Emario48(m): 6:56am On Jun 22, 2022
Cenner:
Hi, all.

I want to get this laptop HP 8440p with my last card — it's around 80k. Though I'm having 50k cash atm, and I plan on increasing it to 60k soonest before I make a down payment by month end.

But the thing is that I am yet to use or own a laptop before. So, I don't know if this particular make is worth buying or not. I own a good android device, but I know it isn't enough to learn something good — I may be wrong.

Consecutively, I plan on learning a valuable skill with it like logo design, Adobe Photoshop, Book cover design, etc. But I don't know the best skill that would be best to learn if I should purchase it.

Pls, I need your suggestions and advice.

I have same laptop... I changed the 2 2gb Ram sticks (4gb ram) to 2 4gb Ram sticks (8gb Ram)

I also changed the HDD to an SSD ...

It improved the laptop performance

Note:- the laptop has a dedicated graphics card (But not too big)

I have used the laptop for cool stuffs like video editing, graphics, WordPress and other stuffs

But for now I am using it as my 2nd laptop for core Data/ Business Analytics (since my company gave me a laptop)... (Python, power bi and hardcore Excel)

You can purchase and later you can upgrade it... A core i5 laptop is a good start
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 22, 2022
Brothers and sisters... Affiliate and CPA marketing is your best bet o.... You can be cashing in $3k-$5k monthly doing this online business even with lower grade laptop you have up there.

I have been into Affiliate and CPA marketing for more than 4 years now, and I thank God for changing my life through CPA and Affiliate marketing business, this is what I do full time.

I have decided to help alots of newbie and starters who would like to go into this business...

My real detail video training on how to start making $30, $50-$100 daily with CPA and Affiliate marketing is up.... Here I teach you how to apply to CPA and Affiliate network, pick highly CPA offers, and most importantly how to create a traffic campaigns for this offers and be making money daily on autopilot...

I am revealing to you a paid cheap penny traffic, where you can spend just $5 to promote your CPA and Affiliate offers and this can get you huge traffic to your offers and make $30-$50 guaranteed.

This video training is perfect for starters and newbies to get started making money with CPA and Affiliate marketing.

To get your training video, chat me up on WhatsApp, check my WhatsApp contact on my signature below....

You just need a penny fee to get the video training, this is to cover some software resources and I would be giving you mentoring in this business.

Take a look at some earnings and payment from this business.

Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by Emario48(m): 7:00am On Jun 22, 2022
IgbalodeRaymond:
a 3rd gen i5 will be much better
don't buy that 1st gen that price
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by Obesity(m): 7:10am On Jun 22, 2022
Chuksy12:
It's a nice Laptop.. Amazon Kindle direct publishing is the platform where you can earn up to 1,000 dollars and more every month.

This name is ringing out loud. Please kindly teach me how to do this Amazon publishing. My laptop is just idle here

My email is gladlyawata@gmail.com
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by frabal(m): 7:11am On Jun 22, 2022
My advice...

Go ahead to purchase it, cos you just have to kill that procrastination spirit that's trying to stop you from taking the necessary action.

There is a lot you can do with the laptop. Like taking courses online, most of them are free.

But the first you need to do right now is to purchase the laptop.

later the rest will follow.

NOTE: In case you need websites for free courses, DM 07040368831
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by Obesity(m): 7:13am On Jun 22, 2022
Oreoluwa5:
Learn how to publish on Amazon

Drop information for boss or create a thread specifically for Amazon publishing
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by paradigmshift(m): 7:22am On Jun 22, 2022
Emario48:

Oya sell am give me for same 80k ����

Go meet Dem for computer village, u go see people like you there
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by dwana91(m): 7:22am On Jun 22, 2022
If it doesn't support dedicated gpu forget about it even for graphics. Also target or SSD after it will make life enjoyable for you. SSD can be changed from HDD but gpu, is hardware specific.
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by pat077: 7:33am On Jun 22, 2022
crazygod:
Dude run away from anything Hp london use. Run away. Don't buy o. Better yet, look for dell.
what about Toshiba products?
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by pat077: 7:38am On Jun 22, 2022
iykepromotions:
Learn domain buying and selling. One of the best way to make money online legitimately from Nigeria. Check out this thread for more info; https://www.nairaland.com/3430037/what-make-money-online.
Note that it's not a get rich quick scheme.
what is the minimum one can invest in this?
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by ViceGovernor: 7:50am On Jun 22, 2022
Bomb POF cheesy
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by nellyzkid(m): 8:06am On Jun 22, 2022
This laptop is super strong this laptop was the laptop I used in my music production class then in 2015 and I can bet you that you don’t know how strong this system is battery life is amazing
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by Danielwiseoo(f): 8:08am On Jun 22, 2022
Bro graphic design is better it will change u
Re: What Valuable Digital Skill Can I Acquire With This Laptop? by chuddyforlife(m): 8:08am On Jun 22, 2022
consultancy:
you should also let him know that once they(China based laptops) develop a fault, it's done. Non repairable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Should Anyone Buy The 740,000 Naira HP Spectre X360? / My Windows 7 Operating System Is Fake, What Do I Do. / What Are The Major Specs To Check In A Laptop When Getting One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.