Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,612 members, 7,801,778 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas (50332 Views)

Recommend Gifts For My Colleagues / Bride Plays Brigade Drum With Her CDS Colleagues On Her Wedding (video) / We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:22am On Jun 22, 2022
UDOKABESTLUV, Reporting From Anambra.

A Serving Member Of The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) in Anambra State, Osasere Erhahon, has warned corps members in orientation camp against killing pythons in Idemili North and Idemili South Local Government Areas of the State.

The People of Idemili Regard the python as representative of their deity, the custodian of customs and traditions. People who kill pythons are always advised to perform befitting burial rites for the reptiles.

Osasere, who is serving in Idemili LGA, gave the advice on Wednesday, June 22.

"Those of you who will be running the service in Anambra, let me bring it to your notice that there are two local government areas called Idemili North and Idemili South LGA of the state where it is forbidden to kill pythons. Yeah! You heard me right, they forbid killing it. If anyone does, you will conduct a burial ceremony (just like human burial) for the snake," He Wrote As Sighted By .

"That's the local government area I'm currently serving in. The attached picture shows the baby python I saw close to my lodge window few days ago while the other was the one I saw couple of months ago. Note, the indigenes don't worship python but they conserve them and they are harmless snakes. They will teach you the origin of the custom in the camp. They will post some of you here. God bless Anambra. God bless Nigeria"

See Photos As Obtained By Below:

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Fahdiga(m): 10:25am On Jun 22, 2022
Lies

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 10:27am On Jun 22, 2022
Fahdiga:
Lies

See More Snake Via www.. Com
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by SHINJA: 10:55am On Jun 22, 2022
Rubbish culture..

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by youngblaq: 11:04am On Jun 22, 2022
Although not venomous, completely harmless? Not true.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 11:05am On Jun 22, 2022
SHINJA:
Rubbish culture..

Be Very Careful

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Samfloxin(m): 11:33am On Jun 22, 2022
The info is true. If you kill Idemili python,the people will hold you responsible and if you do strong head, they will show you vawulence Koro Koro . I am from Anambra too and it is not only in Idemili that killing of python is forbidden. In my own local government,Ihiala, it is forbidden. It may interest you to know also that there are towns in Anambra that kill and eat python,it is Umunze town. It is not a state thing,rather depends on the town

181 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Karlovych: 11:38am On Jun 22, 2022
embarassed Hmm, Igboland!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by uvie66: 11:41am On Jun 22, 2022
Samfloxin:
The info is true. If you kill Idemili python,the people will hold you responsible and if you do strong head, they will show you vawulence Koro Koro . I am from Anambra too and it is not only in Idemili that killing of python is forbidden. In my own local government,Ihiala, it is forbidden. It may interest you to know also that there are towns in Anambra that kill and eat python,it is Umunze town. It is not a state thing,rather depends on the town
at least good news for once...na the halting of human beings by UGM and IPOB na Im remain... because when I hear the name idemili my heart rate go increase.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by osemoses1234(m): 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
UDOKABESTLUV:

See More Snake Via www.. Com
God forbid see wetin

4 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by dollynnn(f): 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2022
Fahdiga:
Lies
It's true

6 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Fahdiga(m): 12:19pm On Jun 22, 2022
dollynnn:

It's true
Any evidence?
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by lebest: 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2022
Odinala ga adi oo. Who no go no know... Simple!

14 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Makers49: 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2022
I'm from nimo in njikoka local government anambra state,we don't kill python in our area

28 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Yondawonder(m): 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2022
Chai
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by davidupdate89: 4:28pm On Jun 22, 2022
Yeah idemili people do worship pythons.

No lie there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by iamyemiakins(m): 4:29pm On Jun 22, 2022
Anambra state sef!

2 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Neimar: 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
If na me I go kill am
Then escape grin
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Coldie(m): 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
It’s going to backfire on them sooner or later when all their pets and livestock’s start disappearing or one snake gets too big to the extent that it becomes a problem

22 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by JosephXavier: 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
If you go to Rome, you behave like Romans

Most communities in Anambra and even other parts of SE don't kill python and they don't eat the meat but they kill snakes

Python is defenseless animal that doesn't hurt anybody, it will only creep around and go on its way in search of warmth

Other communities like Awka does not kill monkeys because of their tradition and it should be respected

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by dosage150(m): 4:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
From Aguata LGA, Anambra state
This is undiluted truth
They worship the python

21 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by dosage150(m): 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2022
youngblaq:
Although not venomous, completely harmless? Not true.
I was born and brought up in Awka-Etiti of Idemili South LGA, Anambra state. This is true, you dare not do that in these local governments

When the indigenes see a python they can place their arm so the python will climb on it and they carry it to the nearest river or inside a bush.

They call it Nwadiana (only Igbos will this, someone help me with translation)

You can scare it away, but killing it, you don buy market be that

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Househelp(m): 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2022
Neimar:
If na me I go kill am
Then escape grin
no it's impossible just like killing a goat crossing the road in okene Kogi state
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by SIMONEKPA7: 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2022
It reminds me of the Sam loco character in things fall apart.
He killed the python and paid dearly with his life. Respect tradition

11 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by dosage150(m): 4:31pm On Jun 22, 2022
Fahdiga:
Lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by OluwafuntoAK(f): 4:32pm On Jun 22, 2022
If they're harmless, no need killing them
+
Snakes are wonderful creatures and beings
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by KristaPretty(f): 4:32pm On Jun 22, 2022
Hunger never catch them

Sha let none near me cos na peppersoup straight. No one would even know grin
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by AstroG: 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
Samfloxin:

Your 100% correct,in Umunze it’s a taboo to kill Fish(Azu),in Ogbunike,you dont kill a Tortoise (Mbe),in Awka u don’t Monkey and so on

9 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by SoapQueen(f): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
Fahdiga:
Lies

Lies how? I served there and a python came to the camp at Umunya the day we passed out from camp.

8 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Moferere: 4:34pm On Jun 22, 2022
Fahdiga:
Lies
Obviously some of you who are Igbos don't go home. Neither are you aware of your culture.
This snake is what is called Eke idemili, in Idemili North & South. I came across them when I was supervising a project in Alor and Abatete.

Let me also state that it is not limited to idemili alone, in some part of the state capital, Awka, you dare not kill a snake, especially in Amawbia.

The same thing in Njaba LGA in Imo state

23 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? / Nysc Batch C Passing Out Date / Miss Lagos NYSC And Mr Macho (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.