Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas (50344 Views)

Recommend Gifts For My Colleagues / Bride Plays Brigade Drum With Her CDS Colleagues On Her Wedding (video) / We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Bluntguy: 4:34pm On Jun 22, 2022
Lalasticlala will not like this warning.

4 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Richy4(m): 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2022
shocked shocked
but how will strangers know the difference between the dangerous ones and the harmless one...To avoid the story that touches...
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by josephevergreen(m): 4:35pm On Jun 22, 2022
They is a village in my town (Bekwarra LGA) that forbid the killing and eating of python.
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by MrCover: 4:36pm On Jun 22, 2022
Bluntguy:
Lalasticlala will not like this warning.

Nothing Mr Cover, No Go See For This Blogging Business.
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by foolbuster: 4:38pm On Jun 22, 2022
SHINJA:
Rubbish culture..

But if it's Halloween or Christmas you will praise it. Ode

9 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by czarr(m): 4:42pm On Jun 22, 2022
This is just a way of protecting these animals from extinction....on LGA is tasked with protecting snake, another monkey, another tortoise etc

Spiritual conservation.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by tctrills: 4:44pm On Jun 22, 2022
SHINJA:
Rubbish culture..

And it's rubbish because if you do not eat snake, you would die?

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Democracy1998: 4:45pm On Jun 22, 2022
That's if Lala and his crew members will hear.
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Ambercyclopenta: 4:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
This is the same way we were "seriously" warned against killing snakes in Awgu, Enugu State. I had encounter with them and eventually found out that the snakes were very peaceful

3 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Mariaben(f): 4:47pm On Jun 22, 2022
I'm from Awka-Etiti and yes we don't kill them.
dosage150:
I was born and brought up in Awka-Etiti of Idemili South LGA, Anambra state. This is true, you dare not do that in these local governments

When the indigenes see a python they can place their arm so the python will climb on it and they carry it to the nearest river or inside a bush

You can scare it away, but killing it, you don buy market be that

2 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Beremx(f): 4:49pm On Jun 22, 2022
My village in Orlu, it is forbidden to kill or eat python. If it is seen going astray, it is led back to the bush.
This I have witnessed

2 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Lionnation: 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2022
Samfloxin:
The info is true. If you kill Idemili python,the people will hold you responsible and if you do strong head, they will show you vawulence Koro Koro . I am from Anambra too and it is not only in Idemili that killing of python is forbidden. In my own local government,Ihiala, it is forbidden. It may interest you to know also that there are towns in Anambra that kill and eat python,it is Umunze town. It is not a state thing,rather depends on the town
even in my local government in imo state we forbid killing pythons ideato north and orlu local government don't kill pythons
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by shantti(m): 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
It reminds me of the Sam loco character in things fall apart.
He killed the python and paid dearly with his life. Respect tradition

Did sam loco act things fall apart
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by shantti(m): 4:56pm On Jun 22, 2022
What if a dangerous rattle snake lost its way and find itself inside the local govt. Won't it be dangerous to anyone who will intend to carry it to safety thinking it's harmless
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by ScienceSeeker: 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2022
UDOKABESTLUV:

Be Very Careful
you are a rubbish entity supporting rubbish cultures
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Lionnation: 4:57pm On Jun 22, 2022
Coldie:
It’s going to backfire on them sooner or later when all their pets and livestock’s start disappearing or one snake gets too big to the extent that it becomes a problem
the culture have existed thousands of years so it's now that the snake grow big lolz

5 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by davidtemi(m): 4:58pm On Jun 22, 2022
Fahdiga:
Lies
I swear no be lie
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:58pm On Jun 22, 2022
SHINJA:
Rubbish culture..

Or python pepper soup dey hunger you. sad
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by ScienceSeeker: 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
shantti:
What if a dangerous rattle snake lost its way and find itself inside the local govt. Won't it be dangerous to anyone who will intend to carry it to safety thinking it's harmless
don't mind the numbskulls
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Lionnation: 4:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
shantti:
they kill any other snakes but python, I don't know why English is too difficult for Yoruba people to understand

6 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by shantti(m): 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
Lionnation:
they kill any other snakes but python, I don't know why English is too difficult for Yoruba people to understand

Guy am an Igbo man from Enugu State. I thought they don't kill anything snakes.
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by gambojimeta: 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
He said pythons are harmless. Pythons are not harmless. They are wild animals that strangle and swallow their victims.

3 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by kmaster007: 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
I don japa... Rough play
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Bobbiee: 5:01pm On Jun 22, 2022
This is a harmless culture and should be respected since no one is being harmed in the process. But I say this only for rational reasons, not because it is a culture. There are some cultural practices that should be done away with because they cause harm, are misogynistic or are outdated. For instance, the practice of widows shaving their head especially with razor blades is barbaric and should be done away with or amended. Another barbaric practice is the payment of bride price and the fact that women are not allowed to inherit their father's property.
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Nwaide01: 5:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
This information is half truth because i know that we kill and consume Python which can equally kill and consume a grown man,that one we called it Eke Ogba as for this one which the OP posted we simply called it Eke,it's English name is what i don't know may be because the English people know little or nothing about it.Again there are different types of this Eke,there are ones we called Eke ukwu,they are the bigger version of this one the OP posted. Python lives in or around water while this one lives near people because that's where it's prey abound. As for why we don't kill it the story varies from town to town as well as what happens to anyone who intentionally killed it.

2 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Lionnation: 5:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
shantti:

Guy am an Igbo man from Enugu State. I thought they don't kill anything snakes.
then go and learn English
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Lachynos2k2(m): 5:05pm On Jun 22, 2022
It'ss true. I'm from ihioma orlu. We don't kill pythons

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Ropostic120(m): 5:06pm On Jun 22, 2022
But phyton do swallow humans when they are huge now

We have had cases when these snakes swallowed human beings.

To me they are more dangerous than lions irrespective of whether they have venoms or not,they should be killed at sights

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Anaerobi(m): 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2022
It's funny how some people calls others culture stupid culture. In the North, when a lady want to marry, she buys property like a man, but not so in the east.

So make we kuku ma respect others culture.

2 Likes

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by swissgoldenpro2: 5:10pm On Jun 22, 2022
This is interesting
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by dosage150(m): 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2022
Mariaben:
I'm from Awka-Etiti and yes we don't kill them.
Nice meeting you, after 17years leaving Awka-Etiti, a job brought me back to Awka-etiti (Umunocha),though I left there already,Grew up at Nkolofia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nysc Batch C Passing Out Date / Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? / Miss Lagos NYSC And Mr Macho (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.