Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas (50342 Views)

Recommend Gifts For My Colleagues / Bride Plays Brigade Drum With Her CDS Colleagues On Her Wedding (video) / We Sent You To Serve Not To Do Evangelism, NYSC DG Warns Corps Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Neimar: 6:20pm On Jun 22, 2022
KHRIZ565:

If u're here, u wouldn't say that. What the guy said is true. We were given special orientation in camp.
Even Nando in Anambra east wey I am, u can't try to kill their snake.
Their gods go find u reach where u Wan escape go

My God big pass that snake grin

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Toriagirl(f): 6:21pm On Jun 22, 2022
Hmmm, people and their culture.
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Alpharey: 6:21pm On Jun 22, 2022
dosage150:
From Aguata LGA, Anambra state
This is undiluted truth
They worship the python

They don't worship them. They keep snake as sacred animals, not sacred gods

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Psady(m): 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2022
SoapQueen:

Lies how? I served there and a python came to the camp at Umunya the day we passed out from camp.

Yes ooo, they got lots of phyton in umunya, during my visit I saw a lots of it roaming around the Bush parts harmlessly during the late hours of the night, I almost stepped on it on a particular day. There was a day we mistakenly killed one, the indigenes got so angry and a boy from the local started crying that he's going to report us to their Igwe, fear grip me, we had to console him that it waz a mistake.

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by space9880: 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2022
youngblaq:
Although not venomous, completely harmless? Not true.
thats a ball python a very docile snake specie, no harm will come to you if you handle with care.
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Tomek09(m): 6:28pm On Jun 22, 2022
SHINJA:
Rubbish culture..

Like the tribal mark our Yoruba elders are using to design our faces right?? Awon ti ya werey gbogbo yin?
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by youngblaq: 6:31pm On Jun 22, 2022
space9880:
thats a ball python a very docile snake specie, no harm will come to you if you handle with care.
Okay...true, ball pythons are generally harmless. My bad.
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by dosage150(m): 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2022
Alpharey:

They don't worship them. They keep snake as sacred animals, not sacred gods
I stand to be corrected, whichever one, no trouble
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Ravenbeast1(m): 6:43pm On Jun 22, 2022
Fahdiga:
Any evidence?

oga Thomas go there and kill a python first
Then you'll have your evidence.

Y'all be doubting anyhow
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by preciousmetals: 6:50pm On Jun 22, 2022
It's applied to all towns in Anambra State not only idemili North and South
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 22, 2022
Killing of python in Nembe Local Government, Bayelsa state is also forbidden

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Mariaben(f): 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
Nice meeting you too. I'm from Nkolofia, Umuedeke to be precise.
dosage150:
Nice meeting you, after 17years leaving Awka-Etiti, a job brought me back to Awka-etiti (Umunocha),though I left there already,Grew up at Nkolofia

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by jimyjames(m): 7:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
Coldie:
It’s going to backfire on them sooner or later when all their pets and livestock’s start disappearing or one snake gets too big to the extent that it becomes a problem
It's a culture been practiced for ages, so why talk about backfiring in 2022?
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2022
Samfloxin:
The info is true. If you kill Idemili python,the people will hold you responsible and if you do strong head, they will show you vawulence Koro Koro . I am from Anambra too and it is not only in Idemili that killing of python is forbidden. In my own local government,Ihiala, it is forbidden. It may interest you to know also that there are towns in Anambra that kill and eat python,it is Umunze town. It is not a state thing,rather depends on the town
Ahn ahn, see my brother o. Nwanne which side in Ihiala?. Mine is Umuzu village, Mbosi
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Mrnairalandd: 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
This is barbaric
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Zony94: 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2022
It is true because my younger bro once told us such thing in Anambra when he served there some years ago. Things dey happen oooo .l don't pray l withness such thing in my life ,what a salvage custom! God forbid bad thing
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by NIGERIAJAGA419: 7:17pm On Jun 22, 2022
Samfloxin:
The info is true. If you kill Idemili python,the people will hold you responsible and if you do strong head, they will show you vawulence Koro Koro . I am from Anambra too and it is not only in Idemili that killing of python is forbidden. In my own local government,Ihiala, it is forbidden. It may interest you to know also that there are towns in Anambra that kill and eat python,it is Umunze town. It is not a state thing,rather depends on the town
Nawao....let me kill one first thing tomorrow morning and see what will happen. NONSENSE kulture.
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Lilimax(f): 7:23pm On Jun 22, 2022
No part of Anambra state kills Python.
It is a sacrilege
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Lilimax(f): 7:26pm On Jun 22, 2022
Makers49:
I'm from nimo in njikoka local government anambra state,we don't kill python in our area

True. Python is not killed in the whole region of Anambra state.
They are very harmless.
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Nicenixon: 7:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ekwusigo local government self, we no dy kill snakes especially python.
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by DatSenegalguy: 7:40pm On Jun 22, 2022
Samfloxin:

Nnaoche! You are right. My mom is from Umuduru Ihite Ihilala and i attended "Technical" Community Secondary Ubahuekwen. Greetings once again
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by PKURLINZ: 8:03pm On Jun 22, 2022
Fahdiga:
Lies

Says who
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by PKURLINZ: 8:12pm On Jun 22, 2022
Aditkd:
My town is Eziowelle in Idemilli North of Anambra state.
Visiting home sometimes this pythons come to our compound.

Born and brought up in Lagos na so I go dey run like fowl only for my parents and the rest of the family to say that the snake is indeed harmless.

And truly it is harmless. People say it came to welcome it's children

Tradition is awesome. At least, with this the snakes will not be an endangered specie.

Nwanem
You have said it all
I am native of Abatete in Idemili north LGA (Anambra state)

1 Like

Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Lordofalmajiri(f): 8:13pm On Jun 22, 2022
gambojimeta:
He said pythons are harmless. Pythons are not harmless. They are wild animals that strangle and swallow their victims.
This particular python don't grow that big to swallow big animals bro, I've seen them so many times. My mom is from Anambra
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Ypp1: 8:14pm On Jun 22, 2022
Really
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Mummyfour(f): 8:20pm On Jun 22, 2022
osemoses1234:
God forbid see wetin
grin I think say na only me shout God forbid o
I even unconsciously shouted it out grin

I keep wondering why God created those things
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Josipov: 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2022
But what if I secretly killed one or mistakenly killed one, how will an indigene know that I've done the abominable thing?
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Henrysaint1: 8:27pm On Jun 22, 2022
Yes that is correct, I served in Idemili South Ojoto to be precise... The snake visited us once and the indigenes help us communicate to it with the language it understood and it later left. If you're serving in Idemili, be rest assured that the python will visit you before you pass out.
Always check your pillows to avoid story that touches �����
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Kfed4ril(m): 8:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
Coldie:
It’s going to backfire on them sooner or later when all their pets and livestock’s start disappearing or one snake gets too big to the extent that it becomes a problem

This is a custom that has been for centuries, why hasn’t if backfired?
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Mummyfour(f): 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2022
Maryjane001:

Ahn ahn, see my brother o. Nwanne which side in Ihiala?. Mine is Umuzu village, Mbosi
una see why I dey always talk say make we no dey insult people for nairaland.
You have seen your brother now grin.

Nice one
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by Weedhustler: 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
AstroG:

Your 100% correct,in Umunze it’s a taboo to kill Fish(Azu),in Ogbunike,you dont kill a Tortoise (Mbe),in Awka u don’t Monkey and so on

Stop saying what u don't know, before amadioha strike ur preek! Which umunze don't kill fish?
Re: Corps Member Warns Colleagues Against Killing Pythons In Two Anambra Lgas by EKOSuperior(m): 8:35pm On Jun 22, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
It reminds me of the Sam loco character in things fall apart.
He killed the python and paid dearly with his life. Respect tradition
It is Okoli that killed the sacred python which is literally the symbol of the god of water, Okoli himself falls ill and dies which symbolises that the gods were fights their battles themselves

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nysc Batch C Passing Out Date / Ex-Corpers, How Much Did You Save From Your Allowee? / Miss Lagos NYSC And Mr Macho (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.