Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,027 members, 7,807,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu (1252 Views)

What Obasanjo, Jonathan, Yaradua, Couldn't Do. Peter Obi Did It, Without Stress! / Do Peter Obi Gets Tired At All, See How Happy People Are As He Storms Methodist / Farewell, Governor Ambode: A Pictorial Documentary Of Some Of His Achievements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Eniitankorede: 10:25am On Jun 22, 2022
Is there something unpleasant in Peter Obi’s achievements that’s incomparable to that of Tinubu as Governor of Lagos? I have noticed all the paid followers of Peter Obi avoid saying anything about his achievements in the past, as if these do not matter. They are shouting obedience upandan! Obedience to what? Obedience to scam and mediocrity or enviable records?

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Pauldollars(m): 10:25am On Jun 22, 2022
Is this what you want for our dedicated service men?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by ScamHunter: 10:26am On Jun 22, 2022
You don't compare apples with oranges. They are in different classes. The only class of politicians you should be comparing Obi with are those found in Europe, Asia and North America, not those in Nigeria at the moment. Perhaps you can also compare him with the older generation nationalist politicians like Michael Okpara and co who worked for the good of their people. Certainly not the leeches we have in Nigeria today, least of all, Tinubu.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Nobody: 10:35am On Jun 22, 2022
What is there to compare?
If someone give 90% of his 10% that is lesser in volume and another gives 5% of his 100% that is bigger in volume who would you say performed better?
The only noise we hear about Tinubu and Lagos is that Lagos is a mega city? Was Lagos a village before? Lagos was once a capital and as such should be a mega City. What Abuja is today was it the same 30 years ago?
Tinubu has no comparison whatsoever with Obi. Obi inherited a damaged system and rebuilt it to something! Rebuilding is far more task than maintaining!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by TooNoisy(f): 10:36am On Jun 22, 2022
In truth you cannot compare Tinubu and Peter Obi. Obi's achievements are about 5% of Tinubu's achievements. Obi at best is at the same level as Sanwo Olu.

Tinubu had huge achievements in Lagos - education, infrastructure, health and even power. He was the first governor to have an IPP for his state. He multiplied Lagos IGR by 1500% in his eight years. He built men who have gone on to do great things including the sitting vice president. He has been a strong proponent of restructuring including State Police, State collection of VAT, power generation etc. He invested 4billion in econet and that money more than quadrupled to 19billion within 10 years.

Peter Obi has very little to show for his 8 years in Anambra. The only thing he claims is that he left some money behind. It seems like he was just there doing nothing and at the end if the 8 years he came out to say - at least I did not steal your money. The only investment he made in International Breweries was a terrible one. An investment of $12m in 2012 in now worth only $5m in 2022. What a terrible decision. Even Peter Obi lives in Lagos.

It is an insult to compare the too. Peter Obi has alot to learn.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Frigga13: 10:39am On Jun 22, 2022
Both never did achieve anything while in government

Forget all this media noise .. everyone k owe Lagos when Tinubu was governor

You can’t pass oshodi .. on foot .. talk more vehicle
Lagos was a huge dump site .. with another levers of area boys and omonile till Oga Fashola came .. and started towards the end of his first term

Tinubu did nothing in Lagos as Governor ... he only succeeded in taking out pa Dawodu and Pa Williams .. changing Deputies to maintain power ..

He took over Lagos state and put policies to milk Lagos .. reason why he had issues with Fashola and Ambode ..
The present one is a slave servant .. no mind of his own..

Power to the people
North 2023

1 Like

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by DiscoverID: 10:40am On Jun 22, 2022
Tradernaija1:
A vote for apc is a vote for Tinubu the Drug lord and fraudster.

A vote for Tinubu is a vote for killer of Funsho Willians.

A vote for tinubu is a support for the killers of Chief Bola I've.

A.vote for Tinubu is a vote for Killers of MKO Abiola.

A vote for Tinubu is a vote for killer herdsmen who kills and destroy your communities.

A vote for Tinubu is a vote IISWAP terrorist.

A vote for Tinubu is a vote for taking of Computer Vilage, aspamda, and all other federal markets.

A vote for Tinubu is a vote for hunger and starvation.

A vote for Tinubu is a vote for sicknesses.

A vote for Tinubu is a vote for suffering and pain.

A vote for Tinubu means your children will be out of school.

A vote for Tinubu is vote for cluelessnes.

Vote for Tinubu and bag of rice will be sold for 100k.

Think again before you support any candidate.

Be ObiDient.

Peter is the Only answer.

The only reason why the ibos have persistent feeling of ill will or resentment towards him is that hate strong political figures.

They said, and I quote.." Tinubu through his political grip stopped us from ruling lagos". One said "that he can't wait for him to die so that they will become dupety governor and then governor in lagos and take over this no man's land". Listen to Nnamdi kanu broadcast during endsars brouhaha.

79 Likes

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by TooNoisy(f): 10:47am On Jun 22, 2022
DiscoverID:

The only reason why the ibos have persistent feeling of ill will or resentment towards him is that hate strong political figures.

They said, and I quote.." Tinubu through his political grip stopped us from ruling lagos". One said "that he can't wait for him to die so that they will become dupety governor and then governor in lagos and take over this no man's land". Listen to Nnamdi kanu broadcast during endsars brouhaha.

This is the real reason they all hate him. It is about taking over Lagos and they see Tinubu as their biggest obstacle. That is the only reason why they all hate him. I just pity the young Yoruba youths forming woke and supporting this failed Pitobi project. Una go hear am if Obi win!

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by olaoluwa002: 10:55am On Jun 22, 2022
Hmm alot has been said about comparing tinubu to obi, pls we need people with honest analysis of their achievement to give details of state of economy of each state and what they they turn it to before leaving it, because for me haven't seen anything tangeble peter obi did for Anambra on social media may be is because am a resident of Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by TooNoisy(f): 11:00am On Jun 22, 2022
olaoluwa002:
Hmm alot has been said about comparing tinubu to obi, pls we need people with honest analysis of their achievement to give details of state of economy of each state and what they they turn it to before leaving it, because for me haven't seen anything tangeble peter obi did for Anambra on social media may be is because am a resident of Lagos.

You are right. Even Peter Obi is a resident of Lagos. Half of his supporters live in states governed by Tinubu's party. If Peter Obi did so well they would all be living in Anambra. If Peter Obi did so well, APGA would be bigger than it is today... they are still stuck with only Anambra. Peter Obi has no record to run on, he is being packaged by some people and their lies are being debunked everyday. Only yesterday, his VP had to come out publicly to debunk some of the lies including various imaginary endorsements.

Peter Obi na packaging from those people.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Vulturereloaded: 11:13am On Jun 22, 2022
Why havent the urchins made Anambra capital?

Brought embassy and seaport to Anambra?

Make anambra border with benin republic?
Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by 7lives: 11:44am On Jun 22, 2022
TooNoisy:

This is the real reason they all hate him. It is about taking over Lagos and they see Tinubu as their biggest obstacle. That is the only reason why they all hate him. I just pity the young Yoruba youths forming woke and supporting this failed Pitobi project. Una go hear am if Obi win!

It is the reason they labeled Awo a tribalist.
Even Ojuiku tried to capture Lagos, covetousness is in their DNA.
People of evil forest are never contented with what God has given them.
Did they not collect wotowoto for Ore?, dem go collect again in 2023.
As it is in the beginning, so shall it be in the end.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by TooNoisy(f): 11:52am On Jun 22, 2022
Vulturereloaded:
Why havent the urchins made Anambra capital?

Brought embassy and seaport to Anambra?

Make anambra border with benin republic?

Stop making excuses. Donald Duke did an amazing job in Cross Rivers. The man transformed the state when he was governor and made Obudu/Calabar one of the favourite tourist destinations in Nigeria. Calabar was not capital and shares no border with Benin, so stop making excuses. IGR also grew and Imoke built on it before Ayade made a mess.

Fashola built on Tinubu's legacies and transformed Lagos the more. Was Lagos capital?

Danjuma Goje did well in Gombe and his track record is there for all. Kwankwaso did an excellent job in Kano State and that is why he is popular today.

If you guys were even talking about someone with a track-record like Duke, I would even listen. Peter Obi has nothing to run on. He was the first governor in the 4th Republic to be impeached by his people.

Stop making excuses, Peter Obi did nothing for Anambra.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Miracle2020: 11:59am On Jun 22, 2022
Can you compare Lagos and anambara?
If they give tinubu state like anambara he will not achieved anything, but if they give lagos to Peter obi for 8 years, Lagos will look like Dubai.
With the amount of money that is coming from lagos, I swear if I am given lagos to govern for only 4 years I will achieve more than what tinubu do in his 8 years. Lagos was a city before anambara was created. Lagos is suppose to compete with cities like cape town of south Africa not anambara. If anambara get the kind of federal present that Lagos get,I swear anambara will be far far better than Lagos.
Mind you,I am not an igbo man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by walefresh3(m): 12:03pm On Jun 22, 2022
ScamHunter:
You don't compare apples with oranges. They are in different classes. The only class of politicians you should be comparing Obi with are those found in Europe, Asia and North America, not those in Nigeria at the moment. Perhaps you can also compare him with the older generation nationalist politicians like Michael Okpara and co who worked for the good of their people. Certainly not the leeches we have in Nigeria today, least of all, Tinubu.

Look at anambranians that he governed below

65 Likes

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by walefresh3(m): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2022
Miracle2020:
If they give tinubu state like anambara he will not achieved anything, but if they give lagos to Peter obi for 8 years, Lagos will look like Dubai.
With the amount of money that is coming from lagos, I swear if I am given lagos to govern for only 4 years I will achieve more than what tinubu do in his 8 years.

Keepshot ... Mention what your obituary achieved during his terms as governor of anambra...
After his tenor.. anambra still look primitive and unproductive...

Tell that lies to your upper - iweka miscreants

68 Likes

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Factcheck0001: 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2022
Pauldollars:
Is this what you want for our dedicated service men?
guy leave irrelevant that are only meant for social media clout

Compare their achievements as governor in their respective states
Did obi outperform tinubu
Was he the best governor during his set
What makes him better than tinubu in terms of performance?

Compare their performance in
Infrastructure
Security
Social amenities
Finance
Health
Education
Electricity
State investment
Finance management n budgetary policies
Competency
N d likes

1 Like

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Vulturereloaded: 12:15pm On Jun 22, 2022
TooNoisy:

Stop making excuses. Donald Duke did an amazing job in Cross Rivers. The man transformed the state when he was governor and made Obudu/Calabar one of the favourite tourist destinations in Nigeria. Calabar was not capital and shares no border with Benin, so stop making excuses. IGR also grew and Imoke built on it before Ayade made a mess.

Fashola built on Tinubu's legacies and transformed Lagos the more. Was Lagos capital?

Danjuma Goje did well in Gombe and his track record is there for all. Kwankwaso did an excellent job in Kano State and that is why he is popular today.

If you guys were even talking about someone with a track-record like Duke, I would even listen. Peter Obi has nothing to run on. He was the first governor in the 4th Republic to be impeached by his people.

Stop making excuses, Peter Obi did nothing for Anambra.

Tell us what he did in calabar.

How much IGR is generated.

How many Nigerians have migrated to calabar?

Have u been to calabar?

You must put tinubu and peter obi in this environment and resources to compare.

Because those things i mentioned, are the things that caused people to migrate to lagos and not Tinubu.
Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Factcheck0001: 12:16pm On Jun 22, 2022
ScamHunter:
please furnish us with how Peter obi has a better score card than tinubu in all these sectors
Infrastructure
Security
Social amenities
Health
Education
Finance management

Just tell me n I will vote obi
Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Factcheck0001: 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2022
Miracle2020:
With the amount of money that is coming from lagos, I swear if I am given lagos to govern for only 4 years I will achieve more than what tinubu do in his 8 years.
do u realize obj held tinubu allocation for long n tinubu managed d economy well that it didn’t affect the state

No salaries owed
Workers paid as at when due
More local government created with more employment for people

Anambra allocation wasn’t seized when obi was governor n doctors went on strike for 13 months

Anambra allocation wasn’t seized n lecturers went on strike for 6 months
So tell us who is d better manager between d 2
Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Vulturereloaded: 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2022
Factcheck0001:
please furnish us with how Peter obi has a better score card than tinubu in all these sectors
Infrastructure
Security
Social amenities
Health
Education
Finance management

Just tell me n I will vote obi

Lets start with how much debt tinubu meet. How much lagos was generating when he took over. How much did he leave when he left.
Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Factcheck0001: 12:26pm On Jun 22, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Tell us what he did in calabar.

How much IGR is generated.

How many Nigerians have migrated to calabar?

Have u been to calabar?

You must put tinubu and peter obi in this environment and resources to compare.

Because those things i mentioned, are the things that caused people to migrate to lagos and not Tinubu.
do u realize obj seized Lagos allocation cos of party differences between him n tinubu n tinubu still ran d state well without oweing any staff,he never owed salaries,he created more local government n that lead to employment opportunities despite seized allocation

Peter obi allocation wasn’t seized
Under his administration doctors went on strike for good 13 months
Lecturers went on strike for good 6 months

Guy with all sincerity of mind

Who is the better manager?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by 3ple9iner: 12:27pm On Jun 22, 2022
Miracle2020:

The money Lagos is receiving? Who increased the money?
A governor spent 8 years and his achievement is that he saved money and another achievement is that he increase the state igr by more than 100%, who should be given more accolades?
Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Factcheck0001: 12:30pm On Jun 22, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

Lets start with how much debt tinubu meet. How much lagos was generating when he took over. How much did he leave when he left.
i don’t like having discussion with people like u cos once u don’t have answers u change d topic n start frustrating d other party
U claim peter obi is better than tinubu n I gave u yardstick to give us how better obi is to tinubu n u are changing d topic

Once again,tell us how obi did better than tinubu in the aforementioned sectors

Security
Infrastructure
Health
Education
Power
Social amenities

Just tell us n then I will agree with u
Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Factcheck0001: 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2022
3ple9iner:

The money Lagos is receiving? Who increased the money?
A governor spent 8 years and his achievement is that he saved money and another achievement is that he increase the state igr by more than 100%, who should be given more accolades?
God bless u

Someone saved money n d money depreciated in value n someone multiplied what he was given in 100 folds,the question is who is the better manager?

Vultureloaded,assuming u are traveling n u decide to drop 10k with 2 of your staffs

1 kept d 10k in fixed deposits in when u got back value of the money is now 5k but another multiplied d money by 10 folds

Who will u praise his business acumen?
Who will u handover your business to?
Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Vulturereloaded: 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2022
Factcheck0001:
i don’t like having discussion with people like u cos once u don’t have answers u change d topic n start frustrating d other party
U claim peter obi is better than tinubu n I gave u yardstick to give us how better obi is to tinubu n u are changing d topic

Once again,tell us how obi did better than tinubu in the aforementioned sectors

Security
Infrastructure
Health
Education
Power
Social amenities

Just tell us n then I will agree with u

You want to compare two peoples achievements, but you dont want to compare avalable resources.

Oya lets compare rangers football club and Chelsea.
Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Madmohamed123: 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2022
Eniitankorede:
Is there something unpleasant in Peter Obi’s achievements that’s incomparable to that of Tinubu as Governor of Lagos? I have noticed all the paid followers of Peter Obi avoid saying anything about his achievements in the past, as if these do not matter. They are shouting obedience upandan! Obedience to what? Obedience to scam and mediocrity or enviable records?
you will firs Compre the money they are getting from Abuja.
As igbo man before I travel out of the country I firs travel to Lagos and spend some of my money there as igbo man if my containers coming to Nigeria it will firs go to Lagos and tax pay in Lagos before getting to Onitsha no tax for Anambra so tell me where the money going to
Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by 3ple9iner: 12:41pm On Jun 22, 2022
Factcheck0001:
God bless u

Someone saved money n d money depreciated in value n someone multiplied what he was given in 100 folds,the question is who is the better manager?

Vultureloaded,assuming u are traveling n u decide to drop 10k with 2 of your staffs

1 kept d 10k in fixed deposits in when u got back value of the money is now 5k but another multiplied d money by 10 folds

Who will u praise his business acumen?
Who will u handover your business to?

If he had saved the money like PO, Fashola wouldn't see the money to do lekki ikoyi bridge, neither would Lagos have the best transport service nor dream of Eko Atlantic.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by mbos: 12:43pm On Jun 22, 2022
ScamHunter:
your are very right
Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Factcheck0001: 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2022
Vulturereloaded:

You want to compare two peoples achievements, but you dont want to compare avalable resources.

Oya lets compare rangers football club and Chelsea.
u raised d issue of peter obi better than tinubu n I challenged u to give how how he’s better with enough parameters but u are telling us about resources

Did u mention resource while boasting?

Now let’s get to available resources cos I will make sure I satisfy u with whatever parameter u want

As at 1999 when bola tinubu resume office as governor Lagos was making less than 1billion naira

Tell me what anambra was making before obi n then we will continue from there
Re: Why Do Peter Obi Supporters Avoid Comparing His Achievements With That Of Tinubu by Vulturereloaded: 12:50pm On Jun 22, 2022
Factcheck0001:
u raised d issue of peter obi better than tinubu n I challenged u to give how how he’s better with enough parameters but u are telling us about resources

Did u mention resource while boasting?

Now let’s get to available resources cos I will make sure I satisfy u with whatever parameter u want

As at 1999 when bola tinubu resume office as governor Lagos was making less than 1billion naira

Tell me what anambra was making before obi n then we will continue from there

Let us have source for your information . Lets see lagos Igr and Anambra IGR.

Then we look at lagos allocation and Anambra allocation.

We look at how much debt peter obi and tinubu met.

We look at how much they met.

Then how much they left behind.

After this, we then compare infrastructure, etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos From Labour Party & The Coalition For Peter Obi Leadership Summit In Abuj / All These Poly Dropout folks Supporting Tinubu What Is University Degree(photos) / Sarki Takes A Swipe At Bola Tinubu And Yoruba Muslims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.