Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas (2488 Views)

Lagos Commences Issuance Of Official Statements In Yoruba, Egun & English / Benjamin Hundeyin: The Crisis At Alaba Market Had No Ethnic Correlation / DSS Had Knowledge Of An Impending Attack On MKO Abiola Stadium - David Hundeyin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by NwaIdeato: 1:02pm On Jun 22, 2022
Thanks to this enlightened and brilliant gentleman I along with millions of other Nigerians have come to see through the hypocrisy of Yaribaas. Historically the Egun people are a distinct tribe with their own unique language,culture and history but for several decades were under the oppression of the primitive Yaribaas who even forcefully occupied their territories in Lagos, and displaced the original aborigines of Lagos (the Eguns and Awori)...these small tribes were over a period of time through intermarriage with the primtive Yaribaas and acculturation into the more dominant Yaribaa culture began to their languages, cultures and even identity until they- once again against their own will- were wrongly classified as a subgroup of the Yaribaa ethnic group by the British...for years these unfortunate facts of history were hidden and documentations on the true identity of these tribes were intentionally distorted by the Yaribaas in the old Western region, all thanks to Awolowo's "genius".

Today more facts have began to emerge about the true historical equanimity of the Egun and Awori people, two unique tribes that are very distinct from the Yaribaas...the hero of the Egun people who is telling their story assertively today is the person of David Hundeyin, an esteemed investigative journalist for that matter (so the man knows his onions). Thanks to David Hundeyin, we now know that Lagos truly doesn't belong to the Yaribaas, they were just among the early migrants to Lagos...infact the Bini people have more stakes in the ownership of Lagos than Yaribaas cause "Eko" which is a Bini word and not Yaribaa means "war camp", indicating as the name implies that parts of Lagos were once designated military outposts and camps for the Benin empire before the Portuguese came and renamed it Lagos.

I stand with the oppressed Egun and Awori people who for centuries had no mouthpiece to tell their story and be heard, today they can find solace in the fact that one of their own has now taken up the mantle to defend their history.

God bless the proud Egun and Awori people
God bless David Hundeyin cool

4 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by DevilsEqual(m): 1:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
NwaIdeato:
Thanks to this enlightened and brilliant gentleman I along with millions of other Nigerians have come to see through the hypocrisy of Yaribaas. Historically the Egun people are a distinct tribe with their own unique language,culture and history but for several decades were under the oppression of the primitive Yaribaas who even forcefully occupied their territories in Lagos, and displaced the original aborigines of Lagos (the Eguns and Awori)...these small tribes were over a period of time through intermarriage with the primtive Yaribaas and acculturation into the more dominant Yaribaa culture began to their languages, cultures and even identity until they- once again against their own will- were wrongly classified as a subgroup of the Yaribaa ethnic group by the British...for years these unfortunate facts of history were hidden and documentations on the true identity of these tribes were intentionally distorted by the Yaribaas in the old Western region, all thanks to Awolowo's "genius".

Today more facts have began to emerge about the true historical equanimity of the Egun and Awori people, two unique tribes that are very distinct from the Yaribaas...the hero of the Egun people who is telling their story assertively today is the person of David Hundeyin, an esteemed investigative journalist for that matter (so the man knows his onions). Thanks to David Hundeyin, we now know that Lagos truly doesn't belong to the Yaribaas, they were just among the early migrants to Lagos...infact the Bini people have more stakes in the ownership of Lagos than Yaribaas cause "Eko" which is a Bini word and not Yaribaa means "war camp", indicating as the name implies that parts of Lagos were once designated military outposts and camps for the Benin empire before the Portuguese came and renamed it Lagos.

I stand with the oppressed Egun and Awori people who for centuries had no mouthpiece to tell their story and be heard, today they can find solace in the fact that one of their own has now taken up the mantle to defend their history.

so what next bro, how are we driving out the yorubas out of lagos

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by NwaIdeato: 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2022
DevilsEqual:

so what next bro, how are we driving out the yorubas out of lagos
Yes that's the next plan, Yaribaas must vacate Lagos or we start a war to force them out, we already have original colonial documents that show Yaribaas are early migrants to Lagos as other ethnic groups that migrated much later, they don't own Lagos...it's absolutely criminal that a primitive Yaribaa tribe can today dominate the sociopolitical corridors of power in Lagos! You can't come from your jungle in Ogbomosho and claim that you're a Lagosian, we shall never take that nonsense anymore.

5 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Ddeliverer007(m): 1:14pm On Jun 22, 2022
I was telling one idiot the other day that Yoruba lands are closer to Lagos hence the high presence of yorubas in Lagos, he Dey follow me dey argue

8 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Owopariola1: 1:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
Lol. How someone not from Lagos, Not a Yoruba, nor Egun be telling us the real owners of Lagos?

FYI, Eguns are originally from the Benin Republic. End of.

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by BSdetective: 1:37pm On Jun 22, 2022
So many depressed people on nairaland.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by NwaIdeato: 1:38pm On Jun 22, 2022
We're taking back Lagos!!!

4 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Rekhina(f): 1:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
They( egun & awori ) shud gather with all tribes and snatch Lagos from the afonjas .
This is wickedness angry shocked

4 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by helinues: 2:06pm On Jun 22, 2022
The very good and Interesting story about his guy is, those his latest supporters, whoever they support should be ready to go into oblivion

grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by r4bbit: 2:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
lol

Thread for crackheads"

So all this bcaus of tinubu grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by DevilsEqual(m): 2:44pm On Jun 22, 2022
Ddeliverer007:
I was telling one idiot the other day that Yoruba lands are closer to Lagos hence the high presence of yorubas in Lagos, he Dey follow me dey argue

Normally, every single tribe migrated down to where they are now, also, most were the earliest immigrant to arrive at that particular location,so if yorubas were the earliest, then they do own the place since no human or tribe came out of the ground to occupy a particular place

Most tribes became occupant of a particular place by conquering and/or chasing away the old occupants... You should know that from basic history

4 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 22, 2022
Nothing concern me for who be Yoruba and who no be Yoruba.
My own is Obi for president 2023

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Transcriber: 2:52pm On Jun 22, 2022
Obsessed

A Igbo man wake up and start googling Yoruba information.

I'm pretty sure you guys know about Yoruba history more than Igbo history cheesy

Well, what do I expect
You don't have any history cheesy

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Transcriber: 2:54pm On Jun 22, 2022
Rekhina:
They( egun & awori ) shud gather with all tribes and snatch Lagos from the afonjas .
This is wickedness angry shocked
Wetin consign aboki?

Go and meet your grandpa husband

103 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Lexy123O: 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2022
grin you get time dey Explain to that mugu.
DevilsEqual:

Normally, every single tribe migrated down to where they are now, also, most were the earliest immigrant to arrive at that particular location,so if yorubas were the earliest, then they do own the place since no human or tribe came out of the ground to occupy a particular place

Most tribes became occupant of a particular place by conquering and chasing away the old occupants... You should know that from basic history

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Rekhina(f): 6:36pm On Jun 22, 2022
Transcriber:
Wetin consign aboki?

Go and meet your grandpa husband

This is tribalism we are not vote Yoruba bat in arewaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Transcriber: 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2022
Rekhina:

English please

105 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 22, 2022
Rekhina:

type in good English

3 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Rekhina(f): 6:53pm On Jun 22, 2022
akinremiayomide:
type in good English
English as not my langwaje

My vote and nassarawa is Po Piter Obi no vote for tinabu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Codepain: 6:57pm On Jun 22, 2022
This thread remind of 2013/2014 in Lagos when GEJ and Igbo's held the power in asorock.
They were threatening every political party to have Igbos as governor of lagos
I pity any non Igbo rooting for PO.
Intact any ND, Hausa, Yoruba shouting PO is either politically stupid or outrightly insane

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by flamingREED(m): 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2022
Too divisive to be from a genuine brother. Southerners watch your back.

2 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Oplomo: 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2022
We yorubas should stop our attache-by-force with Egun people who are the real aborigines of Lagos.

94 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Christistruth00: 7:04pm On Jun 22, 2022
NwaIdeato:

The Egun descended from Oduduwa through the Branch of the Yorubas called the Popo

They were the result of intermarriage between the Fon of Dahomey and the Yoruba Popos

and they settled in Badagry in the late 17 th Century as guests of their Awori Yoruba Cousins who gave them the land they settled on when they fled from the King of Dahomey’s Wars against Ouidah which was their original homeland

So what is your Problem ?

the Egun are our People

What happened to your Biafra ?

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by DiscoverID: 7:08pm On Jun 22, 2022
Transcriber:
Obsessed

I'm pretty sure you guys know about Yoruba history more than Igbo history cheesy

Well, what do I expect

The only reason why the ibos have persistent feeling of ill will or resentment towards him is that hate strong political figures.

They said, and I quote.." Tinubu through his political grip stopped us from ruling lagos". One said "that he can't wait for him to die so that they will become dupety governor and then governor in lagos and take over this no man's land". Listen to Nnamdi kanu broadcast during endsars brouhaha.
Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Mkpurumiriaddic(f): 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2022
Thread for mkpurumiri people,
Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by DiscoverID: 7:12pm On Jun 22, 2022
Transcriber:
Obsessed

Well, what do I expect

Their erosion ravaged, terrorist enclaved is so desolate that wild animals are protesting living there. More than 70% of ibo movie storylines is all about coming to lagos. These people are economic refugees. No single ibo billionaire that made his money in iboland.

6 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Justiceleague1: 7:13pm On Jun 22, 2022
Transcriber:
Obsessed

Well, what do I expect

Igbo this Igbo that,247/360...... grin
DiscoverID:

Their erosion ravaged, terrorist enclaved is so desolate that wild animals are protesting living there. More than 70% of ibo movie storylines is all about coming to lagos. These people are economic refugees. No single ibo billionaire that made his money in iboland.

Say no to poverty,thank you very much. grin
Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by christistruth01: 10:57pm On Jun 22, 2022
NwaIdeato:

Yes that's the next plan, Yaribaas must vacate Lagos or we start a war to force them out, we already have original colonial documents that show Yaribaas are early migrants to Lagos as other ethnic groups that migrated much later, they don't own Lagos...it's absolutely criminal that a primitive Yaribaa tribe can today dominate the sociopolitical corridors of power in Lagos! You can't come from your jungle in Ogbomosho and claim that you're a Lagosian, we shall never take that nonsense anymore.

No wonder the Indigenes of Port Harcourt and Calabar threw you out

69 Likes

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by NwaIdeato: 1:44am On Jun 23, 2022
christistruth01:

[s]No wonder the Indigenes of Port Harcourt and Calabat threw you out[/s]

Yaribaa gibberish, we're kicking you monkeys out of our Lagos soon.
Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by KingKO22: 2:19am On Jun 23, 2022
grin
They have successfully made their land a militant jungle where anybody can kill or kidnap anybody unchecked

The erosion republic of falling sun is a death trap and no sane person would want to invest in such crisis prone zoo

Therefore, Lagos and SW has been reportedly gaining massive investment and enjoying rapid industrialization growth across the Yorubaland.

Consequently, its expected of the miserable and pervert yeeebow to cry and wail

We need to pray for the IBOs on Niraland so that they won't commit suicide before 2023 election

1 Like

Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by ChangedMan1999(m): 5:30am On Jun 23, 2022
NwaIdeato:

Nwanne, calm down.

Dont be in a haste to support someone just because he says that you like.

A time will come when he will say something against you, and while cautioning him you will look like a clown.

People like Fani Kayode and Reno Omokri started like this David Hundeyin
Re: David Hundeyin, The Egun Man Who Has Exposed Yorubas by Librason: 9:08pm On Nov 14, 2022
Awori are a yoruba subgroup, Ogu /Egun on the other are not yoruba group, their fathers fled Oidah in today's Benin republic to this part of the world as a result of war.

But Ogu / Egun along side Aworis and the Ijebus (aworis and ijebus are yorubas don't forget)constitute the indegenous group of Lagos.

And i want to let you all daft, unenlightened ones understand that by the virtue of proximity between two or more geographical entities , you can't stop the tribes from splitting over one another's boundaries, thereby form some percentage of an indegenous group across their respective countries or states.

That's the case every where in the world both in
boundaries within a nation and across international boundaries.

So for Lagos that doesn't even share boundary with other state apart from Ogun state, Lagos that's is absolutely covered by southwest and it's other side open into the atlantic ocean, then in your own sense , you don't expect yoruba tribe to spill over there and dominate, if that's your position, it's either you are ignorance of Geography or Geopolitics or you just want to be stupid deliberately.

Yoruba's domination of Lagos is not strange and it's not a global exception.

Let me give you some examples of tribes spreading over boundaries (proximity sake)within a nation and in international boundaries.

1. Ijebus ( Lagos , Ogun )
2. Ogu (Lagos, Ogun)
3. Yoruba (Nigeria, Benin, Togo)
4. Ogu (Nigeria, Benin , Togo)
5. Bariba (Nigeria, Benin)
6. Ekiti ( Ekiti, Kwara)
7. Nupe ( Kogi, Kwara, FCT, Niger)
8.Hausa ( Nigeria, Niger rep)
9. Kurds (India , Pakistan)
10. Kanuri (Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Cameroon)
11. Yoruba (Osun , Oyo, Ekiti, Ogun, Lagos, Ondo, Kogi , Kwara, Benin rep , Togo, plus yoruboid tribe of Itsekiri in Delta, some part of Edo)

So bottomline people will easily and naturally spread across boundaries (proximity involved)and form part of indegenous population, the boundary lines in map may put the same people in different geographical entity, but the people are the same and they will split over and cover their space .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Very Sick. Runs To London For Medical Treatment. / See What A Northerner Said Concerning Datti / With Low Turnout, Where Exactly Is PO Strong Hold?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.