Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,894 members, 7,806,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Legal Knowledge Needed, I’m Confused. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Legal Knowledge Needed, I’m Confused. (206 Views)

‘He Confused Me By Touching My Breasts’ – Girl Raped In Lagos Tells Police / 17-Year-Old Girl Weds Older Man Without Knowledge Of Her Family In Imo. Photos / Did I Really Rape Her? I'm Confused? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Legal Knowledge Needed, I’m Confused. by Praxis758: 3:32pm On Jun 22, 2022
Last week, a sister sent me a message that her fiance was incarcerated by the court, therefore she needs financial assistance.

I called her later in the day to hear the details of the litigation. She said the matter started two years ago when an Omo Onile (land grabber) was killed by a bricklayer working on guy’s (fiancé) property.

She said they’ve never met during that that. she continued by saying her fiancé works in Oyo state while the property is being built somewhere in Lagos. And that her fiancé wasn’t in Lagos when the bricklayer killed the Omo Onile and eloped.

The diseased family reported the case to police and the CID pulled up the property owner’s information from Lagos state ministry of land and housing. That was how they invited her fiancé to the police station and the case started since then. The site engineer (contractor) was asked to produce the bricklayer, but couldn’t.

I said her fiancé shouldn’t be punished for a crime he wasn’t party to, but she said he was charged for missing a court summon and failure to provide the eloped bricklayer.

My confusion now is when she messaged me yesterday that her fiancé was sentenced to four years imprisonment or an option of N4m fine which they’ve been able to raise N3.9m. She’s now begging me for assistance.

Lawyers in the house, please how credible could this case or narration be? Can a court jail or fine someone up to N4m for failing to attend a hearing date on a litigation like this?

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Hanifa: Court Sentences Killer Of Kano School Girl To Death By Hanging / Chaii...why Is This Happening? / Terrorists Creating Parallel Government In Kaduna – El-rufa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.