Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Re: He Made Away With My Property. Be careful while helping people!!! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Re: He Made Away With My Property. Be careful while helping people!!! (851 Views)

Chukwuka Monye Shot Dead While Helping To Control Traffic In Rivers State / Burglar Breaks Into Nigerian Adult Movie Star’s Office, Made Away With Items / Man Wanted For Running Away with N20m Porsche While Test Driving at Car Shop(pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Made Away With My Property. Be careful while helping people!!! by aboyaji(m): 4:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
Hello guys.

I must confess that I had stifled the urge of creating this sort of thread since last week. The thread with the link below prompted this one right here....vvv

https://www.nairaland.com/7190185/no-matter-how-sad-story

Someone from the aforementioned thread said "it'll end in regrets". This is true. I'm in a very huge dilema right now. What do I do in this case?

Here's how it went;

There's this Bros I use to know from the time I came to Abuja who lived in the same compound I move into. From there, we didn't hang out much nor did we do something that would term us friends. So I'm avoiding calling him a friend. This word means a lot.

I'd moved out from the said house to a distant one. So we saw maybe once in 6 months or 3 times in a year. So we're not friends, truly.

Fast forward to recent times. I was fast asleep when my phone rang around 5am. He called asking if I was home which I said yes to. He said he was on his way to my place.

A few minutes later, he showed up that he'd like to put his head in my bed till daybreak. I welcomed him in open arms. Till 9am, he was asleep. I let him and left.

When I came back home, he was still around. We discussed other things and he stuck around without leaving. I treated him well.

Same day he lurked around till the next day. Unfortunately, he's spent up to a month in my place and I didn't complain. I was cool with him. Moreover, someone once helped me while I was in need.

But last week, he made away with the laptop I sell. A client had paid for a laptop and I asked the client to give me till the next day to move the files in them. Before I could come back, I saw him packing things into his car. I enquired and he said he was going for an errand. I didn't know he had packed almost all he had in my house into his car. It was later in the morning that I discovered.

I've returned the client's money in full.

I've called his line endlessly without connection. Each person he called with my phone that I tried tracing back to, disconnected the call at the mention of his name. It's only his mechanic that has tried giving me a clue where they usually meet for a car fix.

NOTE: He owns a car but no apartment for himself. The first advice I gave him when he came around was to sell off the car. But he always had an excuse to defend himself.

Please, what do you think I can do in this scenario?

1 Like

Re: Re: He Made Away With My Property. Be careful while helping people!!! by Boogyman557: 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2022
Holly Gram cool Everything is for u to learn..

Either u learn the hard way or the easy way!

Life is a teacher!

My BLODA, nothing u can do..

I know so many people like the said guy..

Them go use car take deceive U..

U see for this STREET wey I de, No be EVERYBODY wey wear SUIT de work for office oooo!

It's just a laptop.. learn ur lesson and move On..

If u report to police, them go bring up der usual format of tracking the laptop which we know say na lie and na more money u go spend..

They way dis CUNTREE take be now..

NEVER leave a stranger in ur house, unless una get security for the compound then u can instruct the security to kip a close eye on ur friend or stranger and never let him out of the compound...

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

3 Likes

Re: Re: He Made Away With My Property. Be careful while helping people!!! by Bluntguy: 4:40pm On Jun 22, 2022
Boogyman557:
Re: Re: He Made Away With My Property. Be careful while helping people!!! by VeryWickedMan: 4:53pm On Jun 22, 2022
The real story don drop finally

1 Like

Re: Re: He Made Away With My Property. Be careful while helping people!!! by aboyaji(m): 12:37pm On Jun 23, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
The real story don drop finally

Sadly, I'm not the creator of that thread. I'm just another victim of circumstance.

2 Likes

Re: Re: He Made Away With My Property. Be careful while helping people!!! by aboyaji(m): 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool Everything is for u to learn..

Either u learn the hard way or the easy way!

Life is a teacher!

My BLODA, nothing u can do..

I know so many people like the said guy..

Them go use car take deceive U..

U see for this STREET wey I de, No be EVERYBODY wey wear SUIT de work for office oooo!

It's just a laptop.. learn ur lesson and move On..

If u report to police, them go bring up der usual format of tracking the laptop which we know say na lie and na more money u go spend..

They way dis CUNTREE take be now..

NEVER leave a stranger in ur house, unless una get security for the compound then u can instruct the security to kip a close eye on ur friend or stranger and never let him out of the compound...

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Sorry to say... But I wasn't deceived by the presence of his car. I had known his inconsistencies long before now. But I didn't see the laptop version coming.

I happen to be very nice. That's my bane.

If I can see where violence and wickedness is SOLD, I'll gladly buy them to replace this kind and soft parts of me.

Update: I went to the estate where his Mom lives and tendered my compliant to her. She apologized for the inconveniences I had been put through and promised to pay for the laptop. Still sadly, she can't tell his son's whereabouts.

This guy is not a child or teen. He's 33 years old this year. Very or highly educated... But inconsistent. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Re: He Made Away With My Property. Be careful while helping people!!! by VeryWickedMan: 1:02pm On Jun 23, 2022
aboyaji:

Sadly, I'm not the creator of that thread. I'm just another victim of circumstance.

We know

(1) (Reply)

Youths Don Finally Wise Up - Ibadan People Don Reject APC.. Lolz (vid) / Very Important Lesson For Air Travelers, Be Very Careful Out There. / How I escaped ritualists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.