Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:06 AM

Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband (32580 Views)

Am I Doing The Right Thing Or I Will Regret It / Father And Mother Abandon Six Children For Landlady, Go Their Separate Ways (vid / I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by michlins(m): 3:28am On Jun 23, 2022
Please eh, did you guys don't like discuss finances before marriage or people change after wedding.

I want to understand something important

6 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by pps1759(m): 7:03am On Jun 23, 2022
[quote author=Mickykarim post=114063604]

IF HE IS MATURED ENOUGH TO FILTER ANYTHING AS AN ADULT. HIS RECENT MOVE CLEARLY PROVED YOU AND HIM OTHERWISE.

For your INFORMATION and EDUCATION. No successful union and matrimony ever had external FORCES and OPINIONS intervention in their internal affairs. Their internal matrimonial home is never for public comsumption.

A MAN CAME PUBLIC TO DISPARAGE HIS SIGNIFICANT HALF, CLAIMING SHE USE HER MONEY ON CERTAIN ITEMS THAT IS NOT NEW TO HIM SINCE THEY CAME TOGETHER AND FOR HOW LONG.

He also sings his own praise in contrast to his wife's.

SO MUCH FOR YOUR MATURED MAN!
CALM DOWN.Am sure you are not the wife and not doing the same thing at home

3 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by emmanuelbrown26: 7:39am On Jun 23, 2022
Richy4:

Thank you Buddy.. Some people thinks that they are smarter than others embarassed
Don't mind that guy, he doesn't know what an average man is facing in their marriages. D burden, d bills etc

9 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by emmanuelbrown26: 7:55am On Jun 23, 2022
RightToReject:

Ordinary quoting someone correctly; you can't. Anyway, I said it; you are a typical bumpkin. Now scram and direct your further mention to small-minded elements like you before I change my mind and descent heavily on you.
u are just wasting ur time on someone that believes that marriage is a do-or-die affairs

6 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by ibechris(m): 8:25am On Jun 23, 2022
If any man must survive in this country...he needs a supporting spouse.

If not,u are on a high way to early death. In the southern part of Nigeria especially igbo land where I come from,we have more grandma's than grandpa's.

In fact,men are dying in regrettable numbers because they are just providing ,providing and keep providing without support from their wives. (although there are some women who are secretly the bread winners...May God bless them).

Oga,to be Frank with u,u are over trying and u need your wife to help u out honestly. Body no be firewood. Her money is good for wearing good clothes while u labour like jacki (donkey).

Pls,your health is also paramount to the family. 15k every week may not be enough in this Nigeria of today,but she has to help out.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by satandeterrible: 8:29am On Jun 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Doing your best in what exactly? undecided
You are married, no longer a loneranger! If a pat on the back for doing your part of the work is what you need, better go see a mental health counselor at this point. No one force marriage and children on you, so open your eyes and continue working on communication between you and wife until you both begin to get the real gist. undecided
You're such a disgusting animal. Fool.

16 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by casualobserver: 10:34am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:
I just lost my job like 2 months ago. I use my car to do can work. My wife works as well. And we have 2 children.

I want you to tell me the truth am I doing bad or good?

I pay all the bills at home, I still give out 15k every week for food.

But my wife still complain. I don't know what she use her salary to do. All I know is that she use to wear new cloth every Sunday and new shoes. And buys cloth for the children once in a while.

Pls tell me if am doing bad.

A man who is doing well knows he is doing well and doesnt have to ask
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by chukwuibuipob: 10:34am On Jun 23, 2022
sad sit her down and talk heart to heart.If she refus to liste,

Cut off the 15k like Pa Bubu and give her 8k instead
evangmx:
I just lost my job like 2 months ago. I use my car to do can work. My wife works as well. And we have 2 children.

But my wife still complain. I don't know what she use her salary to do. All I know is that she use to wear new cloth every Sunday and new shoes. And buys cloth for the children once in a while.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by PointZerom: 10:34am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

You're not doing bad. Your wife is self centered.

3 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by keepingmum: 10:35am On Jun 23, 2022
You are not doing bad as a father. However as a husband, its for your wife to comment upon.

The truth is this, how you treat your wife when the going was good will play a huge part in how she steps up when you hit a rough patch.

Did you consider her a good team player, listen to her concerns and advise, seek her input (you ultimately are the decision maker in the home but making your wife feel listened to is key). Did you treat her, spend on her during those times?

Where you supportive of her goals and growth?? If you were not, then it is no surprise she is behaving this way. If you have friends or family living in your home as well during this period on your sole executive order, again, your wife is within her feelings to act this way.

But if otherwise, then perhaps you sit down and have a grown up conversation with her rather than speaking with strangers on here for guidance on how to navigate ur home
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Josywhyte: 10:36am On Jun 23, 2022
Sit ur wife down and tell her to also support u in some bills. U can't be footing all the bills in the house while she uses her salary to buy clothes and jewelries. It doesn't speak well of her. Sooner or later this will start weighing u down if u don't put a stop to it. There are bills she's supposed to handle without being told. Except this was how u guys started(u footing all bills) before u lost ur job. But not withstanding,let her know it's really aftectinc you so badly.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:36am On Jun 23, 2022
Nigerian men have suffered in this country. Is it a crime to marry naija women.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by IvarDboneless: 10:36am On Jun 23, 2022
Where una dey see all this kind wife marry sef...15k every week..you are a f0cking weak man..my wife dares not even complain even if there's no food at home

6 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by tbarrister(m): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2022
Mickykarim:
You simply trying to BREAK your own home by bringing this to the public square that does not possess the requisite for THOUGHTFULNESS. A field occupied and filled with the BRAINLESS. Including, people without the EXPERIENCE for this. Some of them might not have either a HOME WIFE and or UNMARRIED. They do not know what a home is and its DEFINITION.

YOU ARE COURTING MORE TROUBLE MY FRIEND.

Go resolve whatever is going wrongly in your home with your wife. Desist from bringing your dirty linen into the public. According to you you have endured and managed this well all this while.

TOLERANCE WITH ENDURANCE, MY FRIEND.

Wish you well as you continue to understand your wife with RESOLUTION to keep your FAMILY.

Something must be wrong with your head. People like you are the reason men die early. Will you advise your brother or son like this

9 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by SandraIkuboR(f): 10:37am On Jun 23, 2022
at least you are trying your best
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Microwhy: 10:38am On Jun 23, 2022
garriAndsugar:
You need to discuss with your wife to see how she can support you
He is not seeking for her support but he's seeking advice before pouncing on her for being a typical African woman.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Zelenskyy(m): 10:38am On Jun 23, 2022
And if you stop giving her the weekly Money for food, will heaven Fall... ?

The answer is No.

So you are not doing Bad.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by money121(m): 10:38am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by BigYash: 10:39am On Jun 23, 2022
rickpat:
baba you are doing very very well...60k a month for food plus paying all the bills....most men won't even do that when their wife is working...

my brother,YOU ARE A VERY RESPONSIBLE MAN... DOING ALL THESE TO TAKE CARE IF HIS FAMILY DESPITE THE ROUGH TIMES FOR YOU....

YOUR WIFE DOESN'T KNOW SHE HAS A GOOD MAN...SHE IS NOT BEING SUPPORTIVE...

MY ADVISE IS CONTINUE DOING YOUR BEST,GOD WILL BLESS YOU MORE AND OPEN MORE DOORS FOR YOU... DON'T GET FRUSTRATED OR DISCOURAGED BY HER ATTITUDE...JUST IGNORE AND CONTINUE BEING RESPONSIBLE...LOVE AND CARE FOR YOUR FAMILY....forgive your wife,she knows not what she is doing!!...chai..
grin You need God in your life..
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by belcom10(m): 10:39am On Jun 23, 2022
Buy her gift once in a while, or when you go out buy somethings for her and kids. Like ice cream and rest . May God keep your home.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Kendo999: 10:39am On Jun 23, 2022
If you don't want your wife to complai grin na die be that.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by gboyetade: 10:39am On Jun 23, 2022
If as you stated, you bear all the bills despite the fact that she is working, you are not doing bad sir.

Marriage needs patience , maturity, prayer etc.
evangmx:

1 Like

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by RepoMan007: 10:40am On Jun 23, 2022
God created them as helpers. Let her help more.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Glowqueen3(f): 10:40am On Jun 23, 2022
No you are not doing bad,ln my opinion l think you are trying.Try and reason with your wife and also save some money for rainy days
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Johel(m): 10:41am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

Handle your family the best way u can,we can't help you here..
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Westernequinox: 10:41am On Jun 23, 2022
You need to pray, that God changes the countenance of your wife, buying new clothes without prior investment into the marriage, marriage goes beyond what support we can render to spouses, it is an exchange of values both spiritual and physical.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by IyaTola: 10:42am On Jun 23, 2022
evangmx:

Step up and be the man, you get
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Papilo4364(m): 10:42am On Jun 23, 2022
my broda do your best and leave the rest to God
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Romanoff(f): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2022
You're doing very well as a husband and a father.

Tell her to augment from her salary of what you're doing is not enough.

You no fit thief because of her na.
Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by Nwateacheraba(m): 10:43am On Jun 23, 2022
I understand ur situation bro. I will put it in this way, she is not a good wife. I was in ur situation. I have three children. Though I have been self employed, but things turned worst since 2018. My wife virtually paid even the house rent, food etc without telling anyone.
To God be the glory, I have recovered and now back to my feet. So wife should learn how to support their husband in a troubling situation.

Advice to men, is to marry a virtuous woman, date her and study what she and can't do.

Bro, take it easy, am sure things will be fine soon. If she have a father, do talk to her father .
And you try to be prayerful and think of other means of livelihood.

4 Likes

Re: Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband by BigYash: 10:43am On Jun 23, 2022
belcom10:
Buy her gift once in a while, or when you go out buy somethings for her and kids. Like ice cream and rest . May God keep your home.
So na ice cream go change that kind of wife? You are missing something huge..
Op is in trouble, he never know

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Women Christian Men Should Never Marry / Man Loses 20-year Marriage Over Laziness / Woman Delivered Of Triplets In Lagos: "My Husband Ran Away When He Saw The Scan"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.