Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,990 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:35 AM

FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil (37376 Views)

Over 1000 Thrivng Food Vendors Attract Clients Daily With This Recent Logo 24/7 / For Food Vendors: Best Way To Grow Your Online Customer Base / What These 3 Food Vendors Were Caught Selling As Chicken Yenagoa, Bayelsa State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by fasho01(m): 9:18am On Jun 23, 2022
So this thing I saw on Facebook is true
Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by Sterope(f): 9:19am On Jun 23, 2022
How is that even possible and we won't know from taste and smell?

3 Likes

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by Angelfrost(m): 9:21am On Jun 23, 2022
Hold up... How expensive has Ororo become for this to be happening?!! undecided

People who can't or won't cook are suffering Sha! No wonder young people are dropping dead anyhow.
Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 23, 2022
God punish Buhari because the price of every common things have gone up, people can no longer afford even the basic things.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by adspelite(m): 9:24am On Jun 23, 2022
If you guys fix the nations economy, things like this wouldn't have happened.
That is why every sane person should join the ballot revolution. Let's take back our country obi-diently. Go and get your PVC now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by esosuo: 9:24am On Jun 23, 2022
God1000:

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/fg-to-prosecute-food-vendors-using-transformer-oil/mmj8ksm
That one cheap pass normal groundnut oil ?
Federal government Mumu too much , looks like this oil dem don Dey mine am for backyard for them to think people have access to this thing and he cheap pass ororo lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by lifestyle1(m): 9:25am On Jun 23, 2022
shocked
Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by Nonexisting: 9:26am On Jun 23, 2022
This is why I like to cook my own shit no matter how bad it tastes.
Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by Theoarhics: 9:26am On Jun 23, 2022
The masses are as heartless as the govt and leaders. We all get our own for body
Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by herbert2017: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2022
This evil administration met G/oil at 100 per milk cup, now same oil is sold for 350.
You nonsense administration has forced common Nigerians into monsters, man must survive.
I am not supporting those demonic killers using pcbs for frying stuffs, but start from bubu, shebi he has traveled again, just using public fund to travel and catch fun.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by Goodday90(m): 9:27am On Jun 23, 2022
LagosEmir:

Look at this two fools , going tribal on national issue as serious as these

Fools
and na them go first complain and shout,they hate us for nothing,we didn’t do anything to them
I don’t usually mind them
Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by bigdammyj: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2022
Noted.
Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by Adex2442: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2022
haggai247:

Pcb is dangerous but it's a spit in the bucket compared to big business.
You guys should be more worried of the aspartame and high fructose corn syrup used by brewery PepsiCo and coca cola in making their drinks that has been going on for years. This is the real cause of onset diabetes, and type 2 diabetes.
Not forgetting sugar used in breads that makes one eat without getting fill you eat and eat without satisfaction.

That bread own is something else. I never gets filled with bread
Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by TolaniLuv: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2022
Wicked leader! Wicked people ! Wicked country! Produce a wicked youth . Nigeria is a wicked evil country. Take it or leave it.

Fake medicine

Fake alcohol

Fake life

Fake food

Fake people.

Even fake water

4 Likes

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by Nonexisting: 9:27am On Jun 23, 2022
LagosEmir:

Look at this two fools , going tribal on national issue as serious as these

Fools
They are agberos who work with NURTW in Lagos, do you expect them to have sense?
Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by Ultimas: 9:28am On Jun 23, 2022
Yes, government should do the needful.
Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by Maxxim: 9:29am On Jun 23, 2022
Why do I feel the govt is only making this up, I could remember the last time they claimed most rice made from Thailand were made from plastic materials even with video evidence, what happened next is them promoting their local rice.
Govt shouldn't be trusted

2 Likes

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by twilliamx(m): 9:29am On Jun 23, 2022
God1000:

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/fg-to-prosecute-food-vendors-using-transformer-oil/mmj8ksm

Men...its time to leave Nigeria...ahhhhhh...enough is enough. I have finally lost faith

1 Like

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by RoyalDiadems: 9:30am On Jun 23, 2022
Nnannapat:
Lies from the pit of hell, someone will just sit in one archaic office somewhere and be fabricating nonsense.

1, A drum (200L) of used transformer oil is over 300k, that is about 1500 naira per litre, how much is a litre of unbranded vegetable oil? Then someone will now use an oil that is higher in value to spoil his/her oil that is cheaper. Does that make any sense?

2,Virgin Transformer oil tastes very awful, so how can one now fry akara with the used one and the Akara will still taste good, if one even try to fry akara with an over used vegetable oil, the taste will be so bad that you might throw the Akara away not to talk of using transformer oil.

From what I read in the comments, they use it to reduce the drying rate of the Vegetable oil while trying akara. They might be using it in little quantities enough to achieve this aim.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by TheOgaBoss: 9:31am On Jun 23, 2022
God1000:
I prepare my food by myself, I don't buy all these gimcrack and shoddy foods
what about the ingredients that u buy? Are u aware that many food ingredients from the markets have some additives that may impact the khealth of consumers?
For example the red oil that u buy may have some additives that makes the oil redder, some food items are preserved with dangerous chemicals that are injurious. That is y most of our food exports are rejected by European countries because they do not meet the minimum standards.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by Zelenskyy(m): 9:32am On Jun 23, 2022
Wahala for who chop Akara fried with Transformer Oil...

Na Only God dey save Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by Holyness123: 9:33am On Jun 23, 2022
transformer gini?
Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by drololaaof: 9:35am On Jun 23, 2022
How did they got it, man wickedness to mankind.
Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by descarado: 9:35am On Jun 23, 2022
Sterope:

How is that even possible and we won't know from taste and smell?
I don't want to believe that either.
Akara has unique taste. If you use bleached palm oil, people will know not to talk of this.

They want to tell us they are working.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by trtola(m): 9:36am On Jun 23, 2022
Nnannapat:
Lies from the pit of hell, someone will just sit in one archaic office somewhere and be fabricating nonsense.

1, A drum (200L) of used transformer oil is over 300k, that is about 1500 naira per litre, how much is a litre of unbranded vegetable oil? Then someone will now use an oil that is higher in value to spoil his/her oil that is cheaper. Does that make any sense?

2,Virgin Transformer oil tastes very awful, so how can one now fry akara with the used one and the Akara will still taste good, if one even try to fry akara with an over used vegetable oil, the taste will be so bad that you might throw the Akara away not to talk of using transformer oil.

I thought so too. We should always apply logic before spreading news. More information is needed here to ascertain the correctness. How can such an expensive oil be used in frying Akara? Does it make the main oil last longer or multiplies the number of Akara fried?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by phemmyfour: 9:36am On Jun 23, 2022
Nnannapat:

They mix transformer oil with vegetable oil so that the oil can last long.

Studies of PCBs in humans have found increased rates of melanomas, liver cancer, gall bladder cancer, biliary tract cancer, gastrointestinal tract cancer, and brain cancer, and may be linked to breast cancer.

1 Like

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by descarado: 9:37am On Jun 23, 2022
RoyalDiadems:

From what I read in the comments, they use it to reduce the drying rate of the Vegetable oil while trying akara. They might be using it in little quantities enough to achieve this aim.
Non verifiable.

They should do better.
When anything is passed under heat like fire be it water or oil, evaporation must happen. Oil must dry, water must dry. Simple.
Is it magic oil that stops evaporation?

1 Like

Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by slowice(m): 9:37am On Jun 23, 2022
Speechless

Is this poverty, illiteracy or pure undiluted wickedness?
Re: FG To Prosecute Food Vendors Using Transformer Oil by macrodata(m): 9:38am On Jun 23, 2022
rickpat:
public food in Nigeria can really be risky at times.... ranging from spoilt tomatoes to condemn oil to all sort of garbage...na wa
Yesterday I decided to completely stop patronising local restaurants. Imagine finding a silos thread, what seem like a giant fish teeth & a piece of chewed sprite label in my bitterleaf soup. I'm done with restaurants I swear.

I believe the food seller recycle ruminant soup back into her pot. Hey God!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

22 Persons Dead In Rivers After Drinking Local Gin, Eating Dog Meat / Caterer Caught Stealing Baskets Of Meat & Fish Meant For Party Guests / 5 Surprising Risks Of Beans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.