Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Can I Plug A Step-down Stabilizer To A Voltage Stabilizer? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Can I Plug A Step-down Stabilizer To A Voltage Stabilizer? (296 Views)

Binatone Voltage Stabilizer / Everything You Need To Know Before Buying High Voltage Resistors! / Best Servo Automatic Voltage Stabilizer In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can I Plug A Step-down Stabilizer To A Voltage Stabilizer? by chatinent: 11:17pm On Jun 22, 2022
Here's the scenario:

There is an Air Conditional of 1hp from the US using 100-120v and 60 Hz. It's supposed to function in a single-room office. The problem is that the light isn't stable. Stability in the sense that it fluctuates, and when the AC is plugged with a step-down transformer using generator, it works fine. But with the NEPA, it's not so efficient.

My question is this: since there's a 2000w voltage stabilizer in the office, can I plug the voltage stabilizer to the main switch, then plug the step-down stabilizer to the voltage stabilizer, then the AC? The essence of me thinking this is because I think the voltage stabilizer will have to stabilize the output, then the step down transformer reduces it to the required AC needs without fluctuations.

Please can this work with burning or blowing up the appliances?

(1) (Reply)

Scanfrost Freezer SFL- 311 / Iphone 11 Pro 64gb / A Thread Of Ain Deals (updated Daily)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.