Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,034 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:30 PM

Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) (51220 Views)

Pictures Of The Newly Renovated Abia State University Teaching Hospital, Aba / Official Commissioning Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Nnewi (pic / Staff of Jos University Teaching Hospital Celebrate Exit of "Tyrant" CMD (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Pinkyposh(f): 10:02am On Jun 23, 2022
yinkeys:
Nurse doesn’t understand there’s a hierarchy in hospitals as well
She truly doesn’t know the implication of what she did.
You are employed as a nurse or theatre assistant to do the dirty job
Better yet call attendants or cleaners to do it
It’s the same with first world countries too

If you don’t like it go read medicine na

It's not about going to study medicine, as you study medicine, also allow medicine to pass through you, and do the write thing that is approved by the WHO and worldwide

Inasmuch as there is hierarchy in hospitals, that does not mean you can't discard sharp objects that might hurt the person who came to clean it.

It's not the responsibility of a Nurse or a cleaner to remove used sharp objects for doctors
Anyone who uses a material used learn how to discard it properly, life goes on

8 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by bastardmod: 10:03am On Jun 23, 2022
Inferior human things called nurses. Cursed beings. I'm a doctor, I employ the bastards, and I can tell you they are useless pieces ofnshit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Alexiiydon: 10:03am On Jun 23, 2022
fvck:
Wow that's sad... But hope you are ready to vote Peter Obi... Let's make Nigeria Great Again
BAT lokan

3 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by zedegit: 10:03am On Jun 23, 2022
I just watched the video and I am not surprised it was Afonja. They are notorious for such hooliganism.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Microwhy: 10:04am On Jun 23, 2022
phemmyfour:
How dare you refer to a Nurse as "mere".... educated illiterate
They're "mere" no matter how you guys fight it, Doctors are still far above you and we in the society respect doctors more, we see them as nurses oga. Stop trying to change what you cant. Nurses are helpers to doctors.
University graduate is not same with polytechnic graduates,
Engineers not same with technicians.
No matter how bitter you're about it, the fact remain.
Accept the fact and know peace.
Dichotomy!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by uarian: 10:04am On Jun 23, 2022
Sounds like staffing issues.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by HaneefahRN(f): 10:05am On Jun 23, 2022
How will any sane person leave this behind and expect another professional to dispose the waste for him or her. It is not done in any sane country, whoever generates waste disposes of it.

Trust some moronic Nigerians who don't know any better to support what the dirty negligent Dr did because they don't know any better.
In civilized countries the Dr dares not try that with a health assistant that has just SSCE qualification because he will be joking with an incident report written against him

8 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Microwhy: 10:05am On Jun 23, 2022
obynoceaser:

Lame tongue
Sick
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by zedegit: 10:05am On Jun 23, 2022
dora7891:

If you are a doctor or any medical professional, you must be a quack, and you need to read WHO guidelines . If you are not a medical professional then you are simply ignorant

Quote the part then or screen shot it.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by dora7891(f): 10:06am On Jun 23, 2022
sgtponzihater1:
Johesu sent Doctors packing from Nigerian hospitals. It did not take 6months the nurse too escaped from the same Nigerian hospitals to the UK.

Sadly the nurses got to Uk and lost their voice. They are not asking for the same salary as Doctors, but are happy to do band 5 or 6 pay.

The anyhowness in Naija is a different scale.

Doctors too get their big wahala, someone should carry pen for you, bring stethoscope for you. They get to UK and push trolley for them self, and even push patients on wheelchair grin grin

Make everybody from Johesu to resident Doctors getat, no levels!

lwkmd
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by YoungBlackRico(m): 10:07am On Jun 23, 2022
risinghero:
Only if you understand the beef between these two (doctors and nurses). The other day I heard a doctor slapped a nurse in national hospital abuja. The doctor feel they inferior to the nurse and nurses feel they're no slave to doctors.. buh until they both know they're working on d same page... this occurrence will continue..
Doctor feel inferior to nurse abi wetin you post?
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Emperordynasty: 10:07am On Jun 23, 2022
Microwhy:

What is wrong with you guys? The first time you're actually rooting for a presidential candidate shouldn't turn to madness. Yes we all know you're all just catching cruse but its sometimes disgusting.
Both South, North and East almost see Buhari as the chosen one but here we're today left with empty economy and insecurity.
My take is, sell your candidate in a way that we would know who he's and his manifesto and also how he plan to deal with issues at hand and not just random "Vote Peter Obi" "We're Obidient to the End".
Fvck you guys.
Keep your opinion to yourself and allow people campaign as they like ....nonesense

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by HaneefahRN(f): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2022
bizzibodi:
How can a mere nurse do that to a doctor their is no hospital or patients if not doctors.after God na doctors,she should be discipline.it not everything strike.

Will the hospital work without that mere nurse?

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by dora7891(f): 10:08am On Jun 23, 2022
zedegit:

Quote the part then or screen shot it.

You truly are a quack, and your ignorance and arrogance on the issue has no bounds, you have been spoon fed all ur life and still don’t know when to stop asking for it? You need to be more proactive in gathering knowledge.

Sadly someone has already sent a screenshot to this page, you would have had to learn your lesson the proper way

3 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Ultimas: 10:09am On Jun 23, 2022
What a drama!
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Upworkwriter007(f): 10:10am On Jun 23, 2022
Ndibuna:

It's not about authority lol
The nurse is obviously not civil. Not even a motor park tout behaves that way hehehehe
I was reply the guy that said "authority"
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by okrote4real: 10:10am On Jun 23, 2022
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJtgAfFFmtk

Nurse locks doctor up at Obafemi Awolowo University teaching hospital (oauth) over a claim that the doctor did not clean up after performing a surgery procedure on a patient.

She's mad!!! After stressing himself in the theater, he should now carry mop and broom to clean the room? You no get Sense? What's your job as a nurse?

https://tribuneonlineng.com/nurse-holds-doctor-hostage-in-oau-teaching-hospital-resident-doctors-plan-strike/
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by obynoceaser: 10:11am On Jun 23, 2022
Microwhy:

Sick
Better vote for Peter Obi
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by toyefemi: 10:12am On Jun 23, 2022
That nurse should be sacked immediately. She does not know her job,it is not the duty of doctors to dispose used procedure materials

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by HaneefahRN(f): 10:12am On Jun 23, 2022
And these stupid Drs doing stuffs like this will also plan to japa, go to civilized World and look for maids to clean up after you. They get to UK and have brain reset.
They dish out all sorts of nonsense in Nigeria because there is no system to check and balance things.
Drs relate with other health professionals with respect, and respect is reciprocal.

It is not new for OAUTHC Drs to do that, do procedures and leave the wastes behind for whoever. They needed to be stood up to. HO that is just starting her career too does not know basic infection control as per Oga of the hospital

6 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by dora7891(f): 10:13am On Jun 23, 2022
bastardmod:
Inferior human things called nurses. Cursed beings. I'm a doctor, I employ the bastards, and I can tell you they are useless pieces ofnshit

Wow I haven’t seen such level of inferiority complex of a doctor towards nurses lol what exactly are you scared of. A real nurse must have dealt with the quack in you

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by dora7891(f): 10:14am On Jun 23, 2022
toyefemi:
That nurse should be sacked immediately. She does not know her job,it is not the duty of doctors to dispose used procedure materials

Is it that Universities are producing hooligans and substandard professionals as doctors these days.

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Kilometres: 10:15am On Jun 23, 2022
FalseProphet1:
For a nurse to do that to a doctor means she's sleeping with the CMD or a high ranking medical director in the hospital and the doctor has zero authority over her.

This I have seen.

That may not be the case.

The person that locked the door is the Matron...they are like nurses' CMD too

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by dora7891(f): 10:16am On Jun 23, 2022
toyefemi:

And you need retraining because you went to the back of your school

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by yinkeys(m): 10:16am On Jun 23, 2022
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by 3seriez(m): 10:17am On Jun 23, 2022
FalseProphet1:
For a nurse to do that to a doctor means she's sleeping with the CMD or a high ranking medical director in the hospital and the doctor has zero authority over her.

This I have seen.

For once your prophesy makes sense.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Oblitz(m): 10:18am On Jun 23, 2022
HaneefahRN:
How will any sane person leave this behind and expect another professional to dispose the waste for him or her. It is not done in any sane country, whoever generates waste disposes of it.

Trust some moronic Nigerians who don't know any better to support what the dirty negligent Dr did because they don't know any better.
In civilized countries the Dr dares not try that with a health assistant that has just SSCE qualification because he will be joking with an incident report written against him

Locking the doctor up is so wrong. My boss cannot lock me up in my office even if I refuse to do my job. The nurse broke the law. Freedom of movement Is a right.

6 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Emperordynasty: 10:22am On Jun 23, 2022
Why do there seem to be an unnecessarily competition from Nurses against Doctors,
Everybody is blaming the Doctor for leaving behind the equipments, okay if we assume she was supposed to do all the cleaning,
Although the post said she cleaned up some things,
And let us assume their is no cleaner trained in handling medical equipments which I doubt, because I see cleaners doing the cleaning for Doctors all the time, buh let me not argue with
“Generator should clean the Generated waste “crew

Why is no one talking about how wrong and hoodlum-like the attitude of the Matron is, who locked up a whole doctor,and we know she only did this because the said nurse is a House Officer that she can disrespect at Will and not a full blown resident Doctor
Why are Nurses always like this towards doctors

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Krak(m): 10:23am On Jun 23, 2022
Cadamlk:
If that doctor decided to press charges,the nurse will go to jail for a very long time. That is abduction. It is a punishable offence.

False imprisonment.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by seunayantokun(m): 10:24am On Jun 23, 2022
FalseProphet1:

This I have seen.
You said so because you think nurses and others are professionally inferior to any one tagged doctor.

Well. I don't know why someone would do what the nurse did - that was just unacceptable.

But I reason it could be a result of psychological frustration. Looking down and treating other professionals with indignity is ingrained in Nigerian health sector backed by the government unlike what is obtainable in the West we pretend to copy. Even cleaners and garbage men and women are accorded professional respect. The evil is a major undoing of our health sector. Unfortunately, the culprits are those who see how things are done from time to time abroad but have refused to effect change.

3 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by ukaface(f): 10:26am On Jun 23, 2022
zedegit:

It is either the nurse or ward maids. It's never Doctors' duty. This must be a case of "see finish".

Imagine Nurse Eliza o.
it is the nurse's duty to clean up a doctor's mess? Are you for real now?
The ego sha.
Like you use all the sharps and spill blood, and then you dump your gloves expecting the nurse/ cleaner to clean up? You dey reason sha?

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by dohyn(m): 10:26am On Jun 23, 2022
Both actions are wrong and should be roundly condemned.
However, kidnapping is a crime and it should be prosecuted to the full.
Anyways, said Matron is vying for a political post, so I doubt any punishment will be meted out to her.
You would know from her utterances that she has something/someone she's banking on.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Man Collapses And Dies In Lagos Island In Broad Day Light (Graphic Photos) / WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.