Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) (51210 Views)

Pictures Of The Newly Renovated Abia State University Teaching Hospital, Aba / Official Commissioning Of Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital Nnewi (pic / Staff of Jos University Teaching Hospital Celebrate Exit of "Tyrant" CMD (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by CaptainAyub: 11:12am On Jun 23, 2022
ejimatic:
. Thank you sir I wonder the face off between doctors and nurses.In reality some nurses think they are Doctors and equate themselves with them. What a professional embarrassment!
Nurses especially the older ones like picking on house officers,especially the female ones.
Her problem is that the doctor is a house officer(the most junior) and probably a very young person, meanwhile probably earns far higher than her,forgetting that d form for medical school is out on sale every year.
Typically, if a doctor comes into the ward for a procedure or even ward round,a nurse is supposed to follow them.(to observe, assist,take note of instructions made about the patient etc)
If it is a case of a procedure like d above scenario,after the procedure, the nurse is supposed to call the attendant attached to the ward to clean up,that is their job.
But in d zoo,everyone likes to overreach themselves.
Then u know women and their wahala,if it were even d highest ranking male nurse in that hospital, this issue wouldn't have arisen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by debola27(f): 11:13am On Jun 23, 2022
goshen26:
This is bad!

How will they expect a doctor after performing stressful surgery to still empty the waste?

Are there no domestic staff around? Well, it's possible that they don't have enough domestic staff for them to attach to all theatre.

Well, Doctors attitude in the hospital can make aggrieved Nurse misbehave sha. I work in a teaching hospital too as Engineer and I know how doctors behave, thinking their profession is superior to every other professions around.
The normal thing in clinical practice is that whoever generates waste cleans it up. You discard the sharps and other materials you used. The ward attendant can then clean up blood and fluid on the floor and other surfaces.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Hanibal(m): 11:14am On Jun 23, 2022
FalseProphet1:
For a nurse to do that to a doctor means she's sleeping with the CMD or a high ranking medical director in the hospital and the doctor has zero authority over her.

This I have seen.
This comment is ignorant and annoying, shows you've been watching too much Nollywood.

FYI a Doctor is not the nurse's boss they belong to different professional bodies, and one is not supposed to have "authority" over the other.

3 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by ALFADOS(m): 11:17am On Jun 23, 2022
officialwdhtv:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJtgAfFFmtk

Nurse locks doctor up at Obafemi Awolowo University teaching hospital (oauth) over a claim that the doctor did not clean up after performing a surgery procedure on a patient.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/nurse-holds-doctor-hostage-in-oau-teaching-hospital-resident-doctors-plan-strike/
End time nurse
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by debola27(f): 11:18am On Jun 23, 2022
Microwhy:

They're "mere" no matter how you guys fight it, Doctors are still far above you and we in the society respect doctors more, we see them as nurses oga. Stop trying to change what you cant. Nurses are helpers to doctors.
University graduate is not same with polytechnic graduates,
Engineers not same with technicians.
No matter how bitter you're about it, the fact remain.
Accept the fact and know peace.
Dichotomy!!!
So Nurses in your town attend polytechnics? Let me educate you. Nurses go to universities and spend five years. Afterwards, they go for one year internship just like the doctors before they go for NYSC. The Nurses that attend schools of Nursing eventually upgrade their certificates by going back to the university to spend another four years after the three years they spent in school of Nursing. Hope you understand now that doctors are not bosses to Nurses. They both have their individual clearcut jobs laid out for them

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Gr8mind07(m): 11:18am On Jun 23, 2022
Even if the Dr in question was wrong, locking her up and the accompanying tantrum are highly unethical. I want to believe there is a better way of reporting a mis conduct/ negligence in such a work environment.

The Nurse action reeks something else

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by yinkeys(m): 11:20am On Jun 23, 2022
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by CaptainAyub: 11:20am On Jun 23, 2022
dora7891:

A cleaner doesn’t have the knowledge of how to dispose medical waste and is only a channel that put the cleaner at risk as well as others, needle stick injuries, infections from exposure to bodily fluids, them transmitting contamination to other surfaces and or persons just to mention a few. It’s is part of the procedure to discard waste that has been generated by the person that generated it.

Stop lying barefacedly.
Cleaner doesn't know how to discard medical waste yen yen yen.
In your own hospitals, they don't train them on all that?
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Rawviat(f): 11:22am On Jun 23, 2022
You all should see the images below,they claim to have discarded the sharps ,even their CMD saw the mess and condemned their actions. For those of you supporting doctors against nurses,you must have watched too much Nollywood ,and better still not exposed . FYI, nurses are not doctor's servant,they both are professionals with different responsibilities. It's in a bleeped up country like Nigeria you will see Doctors acting Lord and all,and the citizens too don't even know the difference.

2 Likes

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Protein0: 11:22am On Jun 23, 2022
olusegxz:

I am a doc. This is unacceptable not because of hierarchy but locking that door is imprisonment of a health professional in the discharge of her duty. For the entire ARD to strike they know what happened is bad. Now back to the life long nurse doctor discord. Whether this nurse like it or not, hierarchy exists in medicine. With the doctor even if that doctor has only spent one day in the profession as head. It is like the military. This hierarchy exists because there needs to be a clear line of command obedience to save lives. Now to the question of who cleans up after a surgery. Theatre nurses are called scrub nurse for a reason. They are in charge of basic set up before the surgery, assisting in handing instruments and cleaning afterwards. Simple and plain. The matron needs to be sanctioned and anywhere in the world the same will follow. And charges can even be pressed against her for imprisonment in sane environments.
It wasn't a surgery but a bedside procedure, central line placement. Would you have left all sharps on the trolley after such procedure?

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by debola27(f): 11:24am On Jun 23, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Nurses especially the older ones like picking on house officers,especially the female ones.
Her problem is that the doctor is a house officer(the most junior) and probably a very young person, meanwhile probably earns far higher than her,forgetting that d form for medical school is out on sale every year.
Typically, if a doctor comes into the ward for a procedure or even ward round,a nurse is supposed to follow them.(to observe, assist,take note of instructions made about the patient etc)
If it is a case of a procedure like d above scenario,after the procedure, the nurse is supposed to call the attendant attached to the ward to clean up,that is their job.
But in d zoo,everyone likes to overreach themselves.
Then u know women and their wahala,if it were even d highest ranking male nurse in that hospital, this issue wouldn't have arisen.
Of course the attendant will clean up the floor and surfaces, but the sharps generated and other material waste is meant to be discarded by whoever generates it. That's how it is all around the world. It is in Nigeria that most people do not know their rights, and when one person speaks up, he or she is attacked.
When doctors come for ward round, a Nurse that goes with them not just observes or assists, they also give opinions about what can be done with the patient, because it is the Nurse that stays with the patient all day long, so they know the patient more. In saner climes, all these things are quite clear

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by deepwater(f): 11:25am On Jun 23, 2022
zedegit:

It is either the nurse or ward maids. It's never Doctors' duty. This must be a case of "see finish".

Imagine Nurse Eliza o.

You are wrong
Whosoever generates the waste has the responsibility to clean up. Biowaste is a big thing that requires good knowledge for clean. You can't bring a maid or cleaner that knows nothing about hazardous materials to discard sharps and biowaste.

Even in LAWMA in lagos state has a special unit that handles biowaste, just so you know how very sensitivebiowaste could be. They come with a white hiace bus not the regular big orange trucks.

Most be people on this thread have commented out if ignorance, not because they are stupid. They are just simply ignorant about the medical procedure

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Dubaku543: 11:27am On Jun 23, 2022
ukaface:
I'm talking 'Google' you're saying emdex.

You need the prayers mate. You're a bigger non entity.
Your reasoning is no different from some of other nurses in this vicinity. The reasoning is sub-par. The point of discuss in this very context is seeking, updating and/ or verification of knowledge asides the already memorised and as such, Emdex and Google serve same purpose of guidance and both confirming. How old are you by the way?
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by lagosrd: 11:29am On Jun 23, 2022
Get that woman arrested before any committee is set up and charge her for infringement on your right to free movement. Holding hostage outside your wish and subjecting you to ridicule and inhuman treatments below the level of an homosapiens. (Uno just take English send am go prison small)

Tell the court that you were refused your right and freedom to move about outside your wish which is an attempt to kidnapp you and do any other evil stuffs to you.

Also claim that a patient who you should have attended to was also denied care which led to series of complications for the patient.

Moreso, she has succeeded in putting your name in bad light to the extent that those who rarely hear about you now think you're a rascal doctor.

So when she comes back from remand she and her co-principalities will shift ground couple with the suspension the hospital management will give them. Awon iya aiye

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by JakeII(m): 11:30am On Jun 23, 2022
ejimatic:
Whose duty is to clean up after surgery?
Well, I I don't think it's the duty of Doctor nor the nurses. I don't know how it is done in Nigeria buit there should be attendants employed for such purpose as i have witnessed elsewhere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by CaptainAyub: 11:30am On Jun 23, 2022
dora7891:

That’s not team work, team work is in relation to the care of the patient and not making excuse for a medical negligence. A nurse is not a doctors assistant, is a pharmacist a doctors assistant? Because they work in closest contact than other healthcare professionals doesn’t mean u and anyone else should blur the job description of a nurse. The only nurse u will say doing such are those in private hospitals employed by doctors and quacks, trained by doctors

You don’t see a doctor coming to help a nurse to clean up after she has doing a procedure such as wound dressing do u? Do u see a physiotherapist help a doc to clean up his mess?

Or should nurses also help the doc to clean his ass after he has use the toilet.

Your inferiority complex is palpable.
Why not go back to medical school and read medicine if you don't have job satisfaction?
A nurse is not a doctors assistant?
Who then is the doctor's assistant?
Setting up IV lines,passing of urethral catheter etc are 2-man procedures,so whose job is it to assist the doctor do that?
So a doctor should go and be looking for another doctor to apply plaster for him in setting up IV or pass KY jelly to him in catheterization when tens of lazy nurses litter the ward?
That una matron get luck cos if na me,I go beat am well well after all action and reaction are equal and opposite.
Whoever is telling you that a nurse isn't a doctor's assistant is merely using your tiny head.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by oguns222: 11:32am On Jun 23, 2022
Totilopussylick:
How hard is it to employees a cleaner that can clean up after the doctors finished performing surgery .

To avoid things like this been repeated sad
There are cleaners saddled with that responsibility. The nurse just wanted to be rude and unreasonable
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by lagosrd: 11:32am On Jun 23, 2022
Rawviat:
You all should see the images below,they claim to have discarded the sharps ,even their CMD saw the mess and condemned their actions. For those of you supporting doctors against nurses,you must have watched too much Nollywood ,and better still not exposed . FYI, nurses are not doctor's servant,they both are professionals with different responsibilities. It's in a bleeped up country like Nigeria you will see Doctors acting Lord and all,and the citizens too don't even know the difference.

Stop supporting stupidity in the name of a nurse . What is the nurses job or you think you're employed to collect only big salaries. I think the doctor was too slow . I would have shown that woman what it feels to lie down on a sick bed. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by olusegxz: 11:35am On Jun 23, 2022
mamajaz:

Yeah, if supposed general is a threat to the larger community. You leave position and deal with safety first.

True. But you better be sure you are on the right and you have a big God to assist you with your court martial. Which is death if you don't know. So carry go.
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by phineas: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2022
The nurses here are missing the point

Not disposing medical waste is not a crime-

Locking up a person against their will has criminal charges liable up to life long prison term

If the lady presses charges regardless of its her fault or not.The Nurse will spend years in prison or fighting the case.its a criminal case

At this stage you all should be begging her parents not to file charges.If its my daughter i will file charges against not just her, i will find any other supporting accomplice and rope them in.Thats crap.

In return you all file charges against the doctor for not disposing bioharzard now... tell us if its a criminal case in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by tobeGod: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2022
These things happens in all public health facilities, some times it's inferiority complex form the nurses, some time it's ego from the doctors. The main aim is to save lives but when there is no team work, the patients which is the reason of the doctors and nurses being there suffers. I think Government should pay all staff according to their qualifications. Respect they say is reciprocal
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by CaptainAyub: 11:36am On Jun 23, 2022
asiga:
Doctors are becoming endangered in this country with every passing day.

Many of the other health care workers who could not gain admission to study medicine vent their anger on them.

Many who could not survive the med school heat and have to change program vent their anger on them.

They successfully formed unions and associations to intensify their fight against doctors.

Even the Government not helping matters.

No wonder our doctors are running in their numbers to any other country including small Oman.

May God help Nigerian people
I used to be among those who will whine and complain,now I just tell you that if you try that wt me,I will box your mouth thoroughly.
Threw out a patient relative out of the door who came to shout at d nurses I work wt just 2 days ago.
No time oo
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Rawviat(f): 11:37am On Jun 23, 2022
bizzibodi:
How can a mere nurse do that to a doctor their is no hospital or patients if not doctors.after God na doctors,she should be discipline.it not everything strike.
.This guy get craze for hear o,see the word MERE NURSE. Can you even survive half of what a nurse can survive,and when you fall sick ,na nurse go still treat you ..plenty were dey your head o,na aro go settle you last las
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by chessguru(m): 11:38am On Jun 23, 2022
Protein0:

Here is the nurse's side of the story.
I wonder how most people on here just jumped @ conclusions.
The nurses are foolish people

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by ukaface(f): 11:39am On Jun 23, 2022
Dubaku543:
Your reasoning is no different from some of other nurses in this vicinity. The reasoning is sub-par. The point of discuss in this very context is seeking, updating and/ or verification of knowledge asides the already memorised and as such, Emdex and Google serve same purpose of guidance and both confirming. How old are you by the way?
what does my age have to do with anything?
Your reasoning also isn't any better egbon.
Calling one a non entity is really classless. Fix yourself before you think you have the best of personality.

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by phineas: 11:39am On Jun 23, 2022
lagosrd:
Get that woman arrested before the any committee is set up and charge her for infringement on your right to free movement.

Tell the court that you were refused your right and freedom to move about outside your wish which is an attempt to kidnapp you and do any other evil stuffs to you.

Also claim that a patient who you should have attended to was also denied care which led to series of complications for the patient.

Moreso, she has succeeded in putting your name in bad light to the extent that those who rarely hear about you now think you're a rascal doctor.

So when she comes back from remand she and her co principalities will shift ground couple with the suspension the hospital management will give them. Awon iya aiye

This is how to address the matter rather than disturbing us all.ARD shoulld stop their stupid strike and support her with witnesses

Cases like this need to be taken up so it doesnt happen again.she should find somewhere else to complete her housejob if she needs to.Have that Senior Nurse locked up in jail for a while as a deterent to others in future and stop the stupid strike.end of story

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by debola27(f): 11:39am On Jun 23, 2022
CaptainAyub:

Your inferiority complex is palpable.
Why not go back to medical school and read medicine if you don't have job satisfaction?
A nurse is not a doctors assistant?
Who then is the doctor's assistant?
Setting up IV lines,passing of urethral catheter etc are 2-man procedures,so whose job is it to assist the doctor do that?
So a doctor should go and be looking for another doctor to apply plaster for him in setting up IV or pass KY jelly to him in catheterization when tens of lazy nurses litter the ward?
That una matron get luck cos if na me,I go beat am well well after all action and reaction are equal and opposite.
Whoever is telling you that a nurse isn't a doctor's assistant is merely using your tiny head.
Seems you're ignorant of how clinical practice works worldwide. A Nurse is NOT a doctor's assistant. Each has his or her job to do. If a doctor wants to set an IV line, he can do it himself and if he can't, he will politely ask the nurse to help him. It is not a Nurse's duty to cut plaster for a doctor. She can only assist if the doctor requires it. Nurses have their jobs to do on the ward, not to follow doctors about when they are doing their own work. Nollywood movies and the quack nurses trained by doctors you see in private hospitals have clouded your senses

1 Like

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Rawviat(f): 11:41am On Jun 23, 2022
asiga:
Doctors are becoming endangered in this country with every passing day.

Many of the other health care workers who could not gain admission to study medicine vent their anger on them.

Many who could not survive the med school heat and have to change program vent their anger on them.. They should because their egocentric attitude won't be condoned again. Who is firming union against who ?, It's only in Nigeria Doctors will antagonize other professionals against climbing up their professional ladder. They are the predator ,and all you supporting them are both predators and prey . Think well before you type

They successfully formed unions and associations to intensify their fight against doctors.

Even the Government not helping matters.

No wonder our doctors are running in their numbers to any other country including small Oman.

May God help Nigerian people
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by debola27(f): 11:41am On Jun 23, 2022
chessguru:
The nurses are foolish people
It takes a foolish person to know another foolish person
Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by oguns222: 11:42am On Jun 23, 2022
ejimatic:
Whose duty is to clean up after surgery?

There is a reason why they hire ward maids and attendants in hospitals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nurse Locks Doctor Up At Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital (vid) by Skittles123: 11:42am On Jun 23, 2022
zedegit:

What nonsense are you talking about? Nurses act as assistants and finish off where Doctors stop. Besides there are also ward maids. That Nurse deserves punishment.

This is the 21st century, information is all out if you genuinely want to learn. The public needs to unlearn what they think nursing is. Nursing is a professional course that has it own peculiarities. Nurses are not doctors assistants, though some of our roles are intertwined. Nursing has its own cadre and organogram which isn't headed by a doctor. Its mostly in Nigeria that people think that nurses are doctors assistant because of deliberate lack of exposure of people just to berate the nursing profession. Nursing as a profession and discipline is independent and exists on its own.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Man Collapses And Dies In Lagos Island In Broad Day Light (Graphic Photos) / WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / COVID-19 Lockdown: Household Items You Should Consider Buying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.