Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,355 members, 7,780,953 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:18 AM

Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses (19816 Views)

My Job Experience: My Testimony / My First Job Experience After School As A Lady. / 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by samonak(m): 4:39pm On Jun 23, 2022
Another wrong set of bosses to work with, are white South Africans, those guys are racist to the core. They can exploit the system and deprive you of your entitlements, citing our lax labour laws etc. Worked with one terrible one like that - Dennis Poitgeter, Las las his ass was fired. Dennis wherever you de, make thunder fire your left nut.

14 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by IJEYdiamond(f): 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2022
NaughtyBrainiac:
I'm waiting for those that have worked with Chinese, Indians and Lebanese grin grin grin

Why are Asians something else... what of Arabs.. Japanese inko??...
Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Komu1048(m): 4:47pm On Jun 23, 2022
Taiwanese are nice people, they may not be best in remunaration but they are friendly, polite and kind. I was expecting them to be toxic like the Chinese but NO, they are like the Europeans

9 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Komu1048(m): 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2022
[quote author=Saladdin post=114087992][/quote]

U can't generalize, I've painted a Chinese apartment n I asked people working under him, Cox I see them coming to eat n play in his house cox he is still single, they told me he is nice and don't overwork people. I was shocked cox an bad bad I dey hear from them

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by OfeNmanu(f): 5:05pm On Jun 23, 2022
Whenever you see an Arabian boss, run for your life. They can revive slave trade if it's up to them.
Especially the following starting with the worse;

Jordanian

Lebnani
Egyptian
Iraqi.

For Europeans

Italian
French

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by lereinter(m): 5:08pm On Jun 23, 2022
blockgeek69:
Fresh out of NYSC in 2018, I started a remote job in the blockchain industry as a social media moderator. I was hired by a Canadian firm but my department was headed by a boss from Sri Lanka.

Honestly this Sri Lanka guy is too good, Infact whatever I am today he played a great part in it. Cool headed guy, respects every workers. If a worker proves stubborn or incompetent, he will discharge him or her in the most polite way.

Moving into 2019, the company packed up due to bad management from the top management board. I stayed out of work for more than 3 months. Somehow the Sri Lanka guy had special interest in me.

He hit me up one day and ask if I had interest to become a blockchain content developer and writer. I responded positively even though I wasn't even proficient in writing. Omo! This guy started off by giving me writing gigs and teaching me a lot of writing styles and all the technical jargons. Within 6 months, I had already hit the runway and flying. We did a lot of content together, till date we are still in contact - does one or two jobs for him once in a while.

The big break is that, the blockchain content field he led me into recently landed me a job with another firm for N700k monthly salary.

It's been 4 years now, still, me and this Sri Lanka guy never meet face to face but we communicate every week grin

They are still good foreign bosses out there.

Na angel you meet wey you dey call Lanka

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Jokerman(m): 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2022
So no one has worked with Russians or what??

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Henrique99: 5:10pm On Jun 23, 2022
blockgeek69:
Fresh out of NYSC in 2018, I started a remote job in the blockchain industry as a social media moderator. I was hired by a Canadian firm but my department was headed by a boss from Sri Lanka.

Honestly this Sri Lanka guy is too good, Infact whatever I am today he played a great part in it. Cool headed guy, respects every workers. If a worker proves stubborn or incompetent, he will discharge him or her in the most polite way.

Moving into 2019, the company packed up due to bad management from the top management board. I stayed out of work for more than 3 months. Somehow the Sri Lanka guy had special interest in me.

He hit me up one day and ask if I had interest to become a blockchain content developer and writer. I responded positively even though I wasn't even proficient in writing. Omo! This guy started off by giving me writing gigs and teaching me a lot of writing styles and all the technical jargons. Within 6 months, I had already hit the runway and flying. We did a lot of content together, till date we are still in contact - does one or two jobs for him once in a while.

The big break is that, the blockchain content field he led me into recently landed me a job with another firm for N700k monthly salary.

It's been 4 years now, still, me and this Sri Lanka guy never meet face to face but we communicate every week grin

Good evening to you..I would love to learn about blockchain content writing.Please can you help out??
Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by FuckHomophobes: 5:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
My Chinese boss at the CCECC was young, kind and playful. I would always play with his fluffy hair then .

His other colleagues would tell him not to relate with us on a friendly level but he doesn't agree to them. I think it was because he was the youngest of all and was in the surveying department. (They respect us gan) cheesy

But you see other bosses in other departments? Nah werey dem be. You dare not call them without attaching "Master".

My boss will never let you can him master because he was so passionate towards people.

14 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by emma0509: 5:24pm On Jun 23, 2022
mexican boss go work you like say tomorrow no dey.
Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by okewumi: 5:27pm On Jun 23, 2022
I have worked with Chinese, British, Americans, Italians and Russian.
Chinese: They are politician grin, if they asked you to do a job and the equipment failed, they can deny it and tell management you went their on your own to destroy the equipment. They understand Nigerian system. They can decide to smoke from morning till evening if you don't employ a Nigerian as part of the team to work and checkmate them. They are very hardworking when they want to work. They don't need your idea and doesn't like too much questions. They walk fast unlike most Nigerian that loves dragging their leg. Most of them are very intelligent but language is the barrier. Most Nigerian Chinese interpreters interpret nonsense to them and they think you are abusing them. When you are working with them, they don't like you discussing with any Nigerian team, they think you are mocking them. Safety compliance is zero grin Wearing tennis shoe instead of safety shoe. You can manage them if you are smart.

Americans: People have describe them above. In addition, They love keeping records ( field service report). They are guru. They close at stipulated time and go for break at right time. Ready to teach you and ready to give you software codedly. I think that is why most Asian countries were able to steal technology from them.

Briton: very hardworking. Doesn't joke with coffee . They love you and show it when you are intelligent. Friday evening is enjoyment galore. If they tell you ' l am sorry, it means their is nothing he can do for you again.

Russian: The guy is guru. He is a programmer but a racist. Igor grin cool grin. Very useless guy. He can lambast you and copy united nation in the mail trail. Copy all your bosses. He believes you should have know basic engineering principles not knowing Nigerian educational curriculum is outdated. We became best of friends when l pick up the rudiment of solving problem.
Italian: Very hardworking guy and friendly.
I miss most of this guys.
Buhari crippled the country and most of them can not come to Nigeria again because of kidnapping and insecurity.
Just imagine, a dollar is above #600 naira

Please Nigerian youth, let us vote for Peter Obi, maybe God can use him to restore the glory of this country back.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by jesmond3945: 5:35pm On Jun 23, 2022
Redpillar:
Magnificent!

In my experience working remotely with foreign clients, I have noticed some things;

1) The Sir/Ma doesn’t cut it for them. They prefer being called by their first names. “Hello Andrew”, “Morning Ms Avery”

2) You can ask questions, but don’t ask every question. They are willing to teach, but don’t overplay it. Sometimes research and take initiative.

3) Europeans especially the Brits do not like excessive work. Just do some and leave some for the next day.

4) Americans do not mind if you work overtime. In fact, 40hrs a week is small thing in their books.

5) Don’t be moved by their niceties. A lot of times, it is just formality.

6) You don’t need the fake accent. Speak clearly and they would actually hear you. Most of them do! cheesy

7) They are huge on efficiency. You think you are working in Nigeria? Try working with a foreigner and you would know why you friends abroad are stingy. You work for every dollar.

8- Americans pay the best most times.

9) Avoid Asians. India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, whatever. Just avoid them if you can.

10) They know Nigeria. They have heard the good and of course the BAD! If you are nice to them, they open up. The first step is to start asking questions about Nigeria.
why number 9?
Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by abdulwassi(m): 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2022
Baba lucky is your name, let me act as a lazy Nigerian *I tap from your grace*

blockgeek69:

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Obagreatdatoye(m): 6:06pm On Jun 23, 2022
FuckHomophobes:
My Chinese boss at the CCECC was young, kind and playful. I would always play with his fluffy hair then .

His other colleagues would tell him not to relate with us on a friendly level but he doesn't agree to them. I think it was because he was the youngest of all and was in the surveying department. (They respect us gan) cheesy

But you see other bosses in other departments? Nah werey dem be. You dare not call them without attaching "Master".

My boss will never let you can him master because he was so passionate towards people.
Do you still work in CCECC?
Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by abdulwassi(m): 6:10pm On Jun 23, 2022
Please I need a job oh.. Where's my helper oh lord.
Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Connected1: 6:25pm On Jun 23, 2022
Indians are not really bad people, they just get wrong OT from our Nigerian Bosses, Indians know how to manage resources even to the detriment of the workers, all they know is work work work.

Lebanese and Chinese, forget them, they are so mean and stupid, they shout anyhow if they spot a small mistake even though it's their fault.

Japanese are not really bad people, they have a lot to teach you.

Even some Nigerian Bosses are not bad but you see that word called Tribalism. Na there the problem dae.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Ypp1: 6:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
Tough
Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2022
Indians werey. Run for you life.. Anyone with jay in their name, vijay, digivijay, sanjay, run run.. Some are good.. But the one I started working with, omo that man nearly give me hypertension

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by FuckHomophobes: 6:31pm On Jun 23, 2022
Obagreatdatoye:

Do you still work in CCECC?

Left in 2014 grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Idaytesj29(m): 6:59pm On Jun 23, 2022
blockgeek69:

I want your kind of grace. May God direct my destiny helpers to me. Amen
Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Oyindamolah: 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2022
Amotekun777:
Honestly, my best boss happened to be an American of Indian descent. Quite young and very intelligent. The good thing is, he's very westernized which is very good... no 'Indian' BS. At ~35yrs of age, he's a Sr. Director in a fortune 4 corp. I enjoyed working for him and he even let me take my work to 9ja for months while visiting family members.
The Indians that grew up in the west are far better that the ones that grew up in Indian.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by kenearth50(m): 7:05pm On Jun 23, 2022
Oyindamolah:
I work in one Chinese company in Mowe axis way back, after I saw the way the treated one man that fell off a mast as high as a storey building, I knew it was the for me to leave. I resigned that same month.

South Africans are good to work with.
Mowe!!! Home of Chinese companies grin grin

I regretted working in Lifemate during when I was job hunting and I worked there for a month before I japa
The master in my section there was a devil wearing clothes. The idiot will have the nerve to be beating a full grown married man cos of a silly mistake and He fined people unnecessary.

Thank GOD my money deducted was compensated with a Carton of Noodles,A Full Dano milk and 5kg of vegetable oil cos I resumed work on December and left December cheesy :

10 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Oyindamolah: 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2022
parkervero:
I need a job, too
We are recruiting to fill the position below:

Job Title: Accounts Officer

Employment Type: Full-time

Responsibilities

Ensures that costs / expenditures and revenues are properly captured.
Reconciling stock utilization.
Prepares weekly creditors and debtors schedule.
Prepares report of daily bank lodgments and bank balances.
Tracking payments to internal and external stakeholders.
Preparing budget forecasts.
Administer and reconcile all bank accounts, investigating any irregularities, and taking appropriate actions.
Ensure that there are no Debit entries in the Bank Statement not in the Cash Book -All Payments should be processed into the cash book.
100% generation of report with accounting software.
Ensure petty cash requests are processed and posted with established payment terms and policy.
Ensure funds availability for all cash operations by showing the true picture of all our accounts till date, No incidence of cash-out, Prepare document and ensure adequate cash at hand.
Ensure efficient filing system - all documents are appropriately filed, all files are indexed and properly arranged.
Requirements

Candidates should possess a B.Sc / HND with 3 - 5 years work experience.
Candidate should be proficient in the use of the QuickBooks Accounting software.
It will be advantageous to candidates if they reside around the Ikoyi, Victoria Island and Lekki Peninsular areas.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: northstan2016@gmail.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Oyindamolah: 7:15pm On Jun 23, 2022
Dripy:
I have worked with Lebanese, Indian and Chinese bosses... experiences plenty cry cry cry
Share let's people learn from your experiences.
Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by blockgeek69(m): 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2022
Idaytesj29:

I want your kind of grace. May God direct my destiny helpers to me. Amen

Amen!!

1 Like

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by blockgeek69(m): 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2022
abdulwassi:
Baba lucky is your name, let me act as a lazy Nigerian *I tap from your grace*

Amen!!
Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by blockgeek69(m): 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
lereinter:

Na angel you meet wey you dey call Lanka

grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Minajesty18(f): 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
blue01:
I work in a Danish organisation and to be honest as a staff you get free money almost anytime....a shipping company though. grin

Ahhh abeg, biko, ejoo link me. My course dey that line abeg
Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Khayceeofficial(m): 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
Worked with them Indians at sango, Babool soap... Bunch of racist MFs and one almost beat up a fellow workers one time for dropping a carton of soap

Worse still, they had some Igbo guys who were doing maintenance on them machines and those guys were fucking brutal to the staffs that you'd wonder if they were really Nigerians

Fell off a very tall truck while loading soap and my colleagues rushed to tell me to not get up so I'll be fed milk and malt and all that shii...

The only thing Indians fear na person to die for their company. That's when you'll see them panic

Anybody wey don work for parle G, sango go tell how them Chinese take dhe do grin

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses by Idaytesj29(m): 8:14pm On Jun 23, 2022
blockgeek69:

Amen!!

May be you are sef. Can you train me to be tech guy too. I can be working for you for some stipends till I am good enough to work on my own. What do you say pls?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Earn $250-$500 Per Month From Google Admob App Self / For Unemployed Graduates ONLY / Seven Important CV Parts That Needs More Attention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.