Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? (6177 Views)

Tinubu's Certificates Emerges As Nigerians Point To Discrepancies In Obi's Own / Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? / Fact-Check: Did Two Persons Fly Out Of Crashed Aircraft Conveying Attahiru? (2) (3) (4)

Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Ournolly: 4:12pm On Jun 23, 2022
In a recent thread by Islandlady with the title - Throwback Photos Of Peter Obi Trekking To His Home In Lagos.
The thread shows pictures of him trekking to his residence at night but the question arises.
Did Peter Obi have a house in Lagos?

The question is important because he has claimed severally that he doesn't have any house in Nigeria apart from his home state - Anambra.

In the same thread that was featured on the front page, Islandlady said -

But shebi him and his supporters said he did not have any house in Lagos undecided make una small small they lie sha!

We need to question and criticize our leaders not just accept their lies and whatever they say! That is why they are leaders! Pls don't be a gullible zombie followers!

Let the fact speak!
The picture posted on that thread did not for any reason prove that Mr Peter Obi is returning to his private property or a rented apartment, however, there are instances in the past news that points to the right direction.

Did Peter Obi have a residence in Lagos? - Yes.
Is it his house or a rented apartment?- It's a rented apartment.
Who rented the apartment? - His wife!

How did we know about this?

In 2017, many houses and apartments in Ikoyi, Lagos were raided by the EFCC who worked on intel of a supposedly billions of Naira dumped by PDP politicians. Peter Obi's FLAT was raided too and he confirmed it.
Extract from the 2017 news -

By Monday, the commission had searched 21 of the apartments including those belonging to the former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu, who developed the sky-rise residential building.

A statement on Tuesday by Obi’s media aide, Mr. Val Obienyem, said the former governor has confirmed the search by the EFCC of Flat 1 occupied by him in the building.

Responding to enquiries from the press, Obienyem, who revealed that the ex-governor’s primary residence is in Onitsha, Anambra State, he added that the apartment rented by Obi’s wife, Margaret, is usually used by the former governor anytime he is in Lagos.
Obienyem, who cautioned mischief makers against linking Obi to the cash haul, made it clear that the entire occupants of the building were also searched.

“Even though Mr. and Mrs. Obi had travelled to the UK and U.S. for speaking engagements, when he was informed of the search, he quickly sent the keys to the 4-bedroom apartment to the EFCC via courier today (yesterday).
“He even left instructions that we should allow them to also search his Onitsha residence should there be need for that.

Full news here - https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/04/19/ikoyi-billions-peter-obi-confirms-search-of-his-apartment-by-efcc/

In summary -
Did Peter Own a house in Lagos - No.
Is the apartment rented - yes, a 4 bedroom flat rented by his wife!

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Islandlady(f): 4:14pm On Jun 23, 2022
Chaii una go fact check tire!!! How long will you guys keep decieving yourselves like a zombie undecided

I got those throwback photos from a verified post here on Nairaland...posted has far back has 2017, below is the screenshot!

And concerning my comments on the post about Obi Pandora lying that he doesn't own any house apart from his house in Onisha that's a big fat lie!

The link below is Peter obi talking that he did not own a house anywhere else as far back as 2018 but towards the end of the video of the link... y'all can see the documents of his houses elsewhere!!!

https://twitter.com/tosinadeda/status/1052319587742699520?t=0gvNWquBr9PgFyJnBSRoag&s=19

Obi Pandora urchins Clink that link & verify oooo

Seun
Mynd44
I have given them verified facts ooo,

83 Likes

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by NwaNimo1(m): 4:15pm On Jun 23, 2022
Anything Peter Obi na to fact check?

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 23, 2022
Doesn't matter, majority of Nigerians want Corrupt failures..

So tell your Obi to retire from politics

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by tuborme: 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2022
Stainless man �

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2022
You can't find a dirt on Peter obi image. he's stainless , A Man of integrity and God's gift to Nigerians

Peter Obi is the next president of Nigeria , insha allah

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Ournolly: 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2022
Peter Obi asked us to go and verify, here is another verification and he is very much correct.
Say no to politically induced lies.
Mynd44, Seun

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Ournolly: 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2022
Thinkam:

Peter Obi is not perfect but here is NOT corrupt.

Something I can't say of the other two presidential aspirants.

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Ournolly: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2022
NwaNimo1:
Anything Peter Obi na to fact check?

Yes ooo.
We need to verify the lifestyle of our politicans before nursing the idea of voting them!

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 4:21pm On Jun 23, 2022
Thinkam:

He won't until you commit suicide.

I'm very OBIdient.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Bluntguy: 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
I know whom I have believed. I remain OBIDIENT.

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Samakus(m): 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2022
Islandlady, this a rebuttal with verifiable source.

Can seun and his mods move this to fp as it's usually done when 'facts check' counter threads are posted?

The mere fact that PO always say 'go and verify' should show those with discerning spirit that he has done his homework on those claims. Which presidential candidate will ask you to go and verify something he knew you will find dirts on?

You can't help but love PO. He's not your regular politician.

...Samakus

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Ournolly: 4:25pm On Jun 23, 2022
Mr Peter Obi's house is in his home state, any other house you see in any other part of Nigeria that is said to belong to him is a big lie.
Lay claim to such house and Peter Obi will not challenge you for that.

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Chinjo2: 4:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
But why do some yorubas hate peter Obi so much? Most of the criticisms of peter Obi are from the yoruba a fellow southerner. Hausas just dey watch us mess ourselves.
Obi is not my candidate but with what the youths have decided to do now, if God says Obi will be president, nobody can stop it.

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Megabig: 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
I thought he I’ll see something reasonable, if Sowore and Sahara reporters haven’t found something till date, just forget it…

Ikorodu fact checkers

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Islandlady(f): 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ournolly:
Mr Peter Obi's house is in his home state, any other house you see in any other part of Nigeria that is said to belong to him is a big lie.
https://twitter.com/tosinadeda/status/1052319587742699520?t=0gvNWquBr9PgFyJnBSRoag&s=19 Chick and see the documents to his other houses apart from Onisha

77 Likes

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
Nigerians have moved beyond these childish post and threads created to try to say something negative about Peter Obi on Nairaland. Nigerians have vetted him long time ago and found out he is the best among the presidential candidates we have for 2023. Nigerians have made up their mind to vote Peter Obi to help rescue the country from the evil misrule of APC govt in the last 7 years. All these Tinubu and Seun boys recruited last week to be posting rubbish on nairaland wont change the mind of majority of Nigerians to vote Obi as president in 2023. This suffering orchestrated by APC govt in the country must end, The youth and most Nigerian Households are so very determined this time around. So gerrra out of here with your stuupid post

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by an0daGuy: 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2022
No matter what they bring against Gods ordained leader must flop on its head grin isn’t God wonderful?

Islandlady in the mud undecided

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Megabig: 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ournolly:

Clearly told them to confiscate it and they have been rambling up and down.

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Ournolly: 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2022
Islandlady:
https://twitter.com/tosinadeda/status/1052319587742699520?t=0gvNWquBr9PgFyJnBSRoag&s=19 Chick and see the documents to his other houses apart from Onisha

My dear, Peter Obi gave your likes the authority to seize any of his apartments outside Anambra if you see one.
Why all these empty, and rather childish accuazations?
Besides, the Twitter link you posted did not show any document.

I promise to give you 20k if you show me any proof of apartment owned by Peter Obi in Nigeria outside his home state.

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by temitope27(m): 4:35pm On Jun 23, 2022
Islandlady:
Chaii una go fact check tire!!! How long will you guys keep decieving yourselves like a zombie undecided

I got those throwback photos from a verified post here on Nairaland...posted has far back has 2017, below is the screenshot!

And concerning my comments on the post about Obi Pandora lying that he doesn't own any house apart from his house in Onisha that's a big fat lie!

The link below is Peter obi talking that he did not own a house anywhere else as far back as 2018 but towards the end of the video of the link... y'all can see the documents of his houses elsewhere!!!

https://twitter.com/tosinadeda/status/1052319587742699520?t=0gvNWquBr9PgFyJnBSRoag&s=19

Obi Pandora urchins Clink that link & verify oooo

Seun
Mynd44
I have given them verified facts ooo,
I like this lady, u just they give them

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Ournolly: 4:35pm On Jun 23, 2022
an0daGuy:

No matter what they bring against Gods ordained leader must flop on its head grin isn’t God wonderful?

Islandlady in the mud undecided

We are flogging them front and back on Twitter with proofs.
This one ran here to post lies and fake news.

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Islandlady(f): 4:40pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ournolly:

My dear, Peter Obi gave your likes the authority to seize any of his apartments outside Anambra if you see one.
Why all these empty, and rather childish accuazations?
Besides, the Twitter link you posted did not show any document.

I promise to give you 20k if you show me any proof of apartment owned by Peter Obi in Nigeria outside his home state.
Oga which one is twitter link again undecided link is link, click that link and see the documents of this houses abroad... after then send my 20k plss grin

75 Likes

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Simplelion: 4:46pm On Jun 23, 2022
Islandlady:
Oga which one is twitter link again undecided link is link, click that link and see the documents of this houses abroad... after then send my 20k plss grin

You've been masturbating all over peter obi thread's as if it's not your lord and saviour tunubu that brought the calamity called buhari and also that your papa does not have house doesn't mean another person can not own house anyway.....so shut the Bleep up.

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by seunmsg(m): 5:03pm On Jun 23, 2022
So, Peter Obi is living in a rented apartment in Lagos, right? Why rent a house in Lagos when he can simply live in the Anambra that he turned to Dubai?

77 Likes

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Islandlady(f): 5:09pm On Jun 23, 2022
Simplelion:

You've been masturbating all over peter obi thread's as if it's not your lord and saviour tunubu that brought the calamity called buhari and also that your papa does not have house doesn't mean another person can not own house anyway.....so shut the Bleep up.
You don't need to result into insult and cursing, You are a grown up man nau! I just give you guys fact in my comments above but no one can counter me, instead y'all result into insult... it's a shame people like you are deluded and a Zombie!

69 Likes

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Ournolly: 5:14pm On Jun 23, 2022
seunmsg:
So, Peter Obi is living in a rented apartment in Lagos, right? Why rent a house in Lagos when he can simply live in the Anambra that he turned to Dubai?
Another thing I notice about you guys is the inability to read and understand.
This might be a psychological disability, I am not sure but that's my line of thought.

Here is an excerpt from the post above -

Responding to enquiries from the press, Obienyem, who revealed that the ex-governor’s primary residence is in Onitsha, Anambra State, he added that the apartment rented by Obi’s wife, Margaret, is usually used by the former governor anytime he is in Lagos.
Obienyem, who cautioned mischief makers against linking Obi to the cash haul, made it clear that the entire occupants of the building were also searched.

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by MalcoImX: 5:18pm On Jun 23, 2022
Peter Obi trekking to his HOME
Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Phiniter(m): 5:19pm On Jun 23, 2022
okay
Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by Ournolly: 5:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
MalcoImX:
Peter Obi trekking to his HOME

Wasn't his home, that was an APC manufactured lies.
Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by MalcoImX: 5:38pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ournolly:

Wasn't his home, that was an APC manufactured lies.

But they didn't say rented apartment now.

Come yo think of it, what sense does it make for your wife to rent an apartment in Lagos, when she's supposed to be in Anambra most of the time? It would make a some sense if were to say the flat was rented by Obi, if it's even rented at all.

Re: Fact Check - Did Peter Obi Own Any Residential House In Lagos? by mii4u(f): 5:56pm On Jun 23, 2022
Make una leave Peter Obi, after all he is not the only contestant, make una dig up Tinubu and Atiku own.

FG Begins Probe Of Mining Activities In Nigeria / Popular Journalist Jaafar Jafaar Talks Tough On Emir Sanusi Lamido's Ordeal. / "APC's Chances Of Winning Elections Are Excellent" - Governor Abdullahi Sule