Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,802,012 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" (25802 Views)

2023: Ahmed Lawan Refutes Reports Of Withdrawal, Says He Will Win Primary / Dapo Abiodun: I Was Arrested For Fraud In U.S., But APC Cannot Disqualify Me / David Hundeyin: IGP Submitted My Name To Interpol Over Ini Umoren Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by Nemere2020: 9:06pm On Jun 23, 2022
The aspirant on the platform of All Progressive Congress APC for Eket Federal Constituency in AKwa Ibom state, Hon Aniekan Akpan, has said that he scored 126 votes to emerge winner in Eket Federal Constituency in AKwa Ibom state.

Speaking during a media interaction with newsmen in Uyo on Sunday, Akpan said Mr Eseme Eyibio, who bought APC nomination form to contest for Eket Federal Constituency never participated in the primary held at Eket police station last month.

He explained that he was shocked by the rumours peddled by his opponent that he (Eseme Eyibio) had won the party ticket even when he never took part in the election.

Akpan, a former Chairman of Eket Local Government area on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), in AKwa-Ibom, stated that Eket Federal Constituency has four local governments comprising of Eket, Onna, Ibeno and Esit Eket council areas, with five delegates participating in the election.

He listed the party constitutional provisions for nominating APC candidates for elective positions to include: Direct, Indirect primaries and consensus method, adding that there was no provision for selection of candidates for election in the party, DailyTimes gathered.

He said Mr Eseme Eyibio, who was his opponent in the election never turned up even in the party office where election materials were moved to designated venue for voting.

He wondered how an aspirant who never take part in the primary suddenly became a winner

“But my opponent did not come to the party Secretariat where materials were entrusted to one Aniekan Archibong who was the Retuning Officer in the election.”

“Even at Eket police station where the voting took place , Eseme Eyibio was not there . I learnt he was busy supervising cooking of rice and ignored the voting exercise,” he said.

He therefore debunked rumours allegedly peddled by opponents that he ran away with the election materials.

“I know how party works as the former chairman of PDP . That was why I went to APC office in the morning to ensure that materials.”
https://dailytimesng.com/i-scored-126-votes-to-win-party-primary-but-apc-submitted-my-opponents-name-apc-aspirant-alleges/

2 Likes

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by ZUBY77(m): 9:07pm On Jun 23, 2022
Welcome to the Republic, Where Adamu woke up and decided that Lawan is the man.

Where Presidency is considered turn by turn from individuals.

Where President travels more than the foreign minister and usurps the work of his ambassadors.

Where competency is discarded and replaced with tribalism and Religion.

Welcome to black Africa.

166 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by jnig: 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2022
Sorry! It's called "party politics" in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by Ahmed0336(m): 9:08pm On Jun 23, 2022
This abracadabra is nationwide, not just in akwa ibom. In my state there are almost 10 cases of this nature.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by rayvelez(m): 9:09pm On Jun 23, 2022
Nah the matter deh wan settle.

1 Like

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by Jostoman: 6:01am On Jun 24, 2022
Even Some of the APC house of assembly and house of representative aspirants in Lagos did not do primary they just write their names and submit it to inec

26 Likes

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by Penguin2: 6:07am On Jun 24, 2022
Shebi na you carry your korokoro eyes go join APC?

Things like this is one of the consequences of your choice; which you must now bear sir.

No tears left to cry for you.

Next!

38 Likes

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by Smithkafors(m): 6:55am On Jun 24, 2022
Vote the right man.

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by SaiOba: 7:47am On Jun 24, 2022
Don't come and complain to us.. You chose to be a member of a VERY corrupt party that built her foundation/structure on lies.

Infact, that serves you right.

We move.

#GetYourPVC.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by rikithor(m): 8:40am On Jun 24, 2022
Learn how to drive manual and automatic cars professionally and process authentic driving license and original vehicle papers.
See contacts below.
Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by Blaqroman0000: 8:58am On Jun 24, 2022
And long illed, hungry and poverty stricken people will still want to vote this same party after all the red flags... Isn't it obvious?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by FalseProphet1(m): 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
I see Mr Akpan joining labour party, I see him winning the reps tickets under labour party.

This I have seen.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by 190theclown: 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
Na u sabi. undecided
Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by Emmypure: 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
Akpan Even if they present your name you for still loose, na PDP get akwa ibom state.

3 Likes

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by WonderManly(m): 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
Accept and use am like that. Na WW Una dey.
Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by IGoComotYaTeeth: 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
Why should we vote an unrepentant drug baron to rule over 200 million? He deals with Heroin for God's sake even big drug lords that have been in the game for long don't mess with that, voting for Tinubu will be the biggest mistake anybody will make, he will run the economy down. Vote PETER OBI. Vote Labour Party

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by tophumble(m): 12:19pm On Jun 24, 2022
How come the primary election was held in a police station?

If u are sure of your claims, seek legal redress nao
Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by Zelenskyy(m): 12:20pm On Jun 24, 2022
Democratic values in Nigeria ...... R. I. P

Imposition of Candidates is now the order of the day .... Especially in the APC .
Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by muykem: 12:20pm On Jun 24, 2022
They have left you behind!!!
Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by reidkrugger(m): 12:20pm On Jun 24, 2022
Na dis kain person de talk say teacher nor like am dats y him carry last. When him small.

Oga, we nor know you. Na your real score be dat.

Meanwhile, guys, check my signature.
Influencers with hoooge following and still want more via 2D Animation, contact me o. Make we reason together. It's a win win.
Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by tophumble(m): 12:20pm On Jun 24, 2022
smiley
Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by efjaydee(m): 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2022
Nawao

We're still your sure data plug

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by seunaj: 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2022
Adamu is a very very corrupt and fanatical man. He is not even supposed to be entrusted with a community chairman let alone a party national chairman. The same Adamu singlehandedly announced a presidential consensus candidate and still went ahead to submit his name for the senate sit without consultations. The court will have alot of cases to deal with after the 2023 elections.

2 Likes

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by Kaxmytex(m): 12:22pm On Jun 24, 2022
Sidon one place, dem no go hear, dem go dey jump from one party to another..
Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by Tvoice: 12:23pm On Jun 24, 2022
Just imagine dis scenario in lagos

According to the man, he wanted to buy fuel and asked the Okada rider concerning any station still selling fuel around the area due to the scarcity. He stated that while the rider explained to him, he noticed the Tinubu's Campaign cap he was wearing and asked for reasons.

He mentioned that he had asked the man if he was happy with how Nigerians are suffering under the current administration and even used the current fuel scarcity as an example.

However, the Okada rider's response surprised him. The rider told him that the cap was mandatory for all riders and if they refuse to wear it, street touts/thugs AKA "Agberos" will size their motorcycles.

Shey na by force to vote for Buhari pro max ?

3 Likes

Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by olowo1930: 12:24pm On Jun 24, 2022
Truth shall prevail but never in Nigeria. With God on your side you might get your mandate in court with Adamu well safe your life.
Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by meeketta: 12:24pm On Jun 24, 2022
E don dey reach every everybody.
Re: Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name" by seunayantokun(m): 12:25pm On Jun 24, 2022
No be APC?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Lay Siege To Emefiele’s Abuja Home / Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP / Power Generation Hits All Time High Of 7001 MW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.