Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:41 AM

The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics (7300 Views)

Wonders: Prophet Onye Eze Jesus Show Off The Tithe Of Those Men He Delivered In / Bishop Obinim Destroys Images Of Jesus Christ In His Church, Replaces With His / The Earliest British Man Had Black Skin And Blue Eyes, Anthropologists Find (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by 1Sharon(f): 2:59am On Jun 24, 2022
We wuz kangz.
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 3:00am On Jun 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by obailala(m): 3:08am On Jun 24, 2022
Many people suffer from serious inferiority complex. Why exactly is Jesus' skin colour a concern to any confident person?

Besided, the people in the part of the world where Jesus was born into aren't black, and neither are they even white. Why exactly is Jesus' skin colour a concern to any confident person?
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by southsouthking(m): 3:13am On Jun 24, 2022
Jesus is neither black nor white.
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Moh247: 3:16am On Jun 24, 2022
Jesus is Hebrew Jewish middle east Man he is neither Black as African or White as European..
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 3:22am On Jun 24, 2022
obailala:
Many people suffer from serious inferiority complex. Why exactly is Jesus' skin colour a concern to any confident person?

It is not unimportant to know TRUE history. Imbibing a history of lies and fake white superiority leads to your destruction.

Besided, the people in the part of the world where Jesus was born into aren't black, and neither are they even white. Why exactly is Jesus' skin colour a concern to any confident person?

That the people of the 'middle east' are mostly Arab today does not mean they were Arab 2000 years ago. Migrations happened in
history. The ancient Egyptians, who built the pyramids, looked nothing like the Arabs who occupy that land today.

The ancient Greek historian Herodotus, for example, described the Colchians of the Black Sea shores as "Egyptians by race" and pointed out they had "black skins and kinky hair."

Apollodorus, the Greek philosopher, described Egypt as "the country of the black-footed ones" and the Latin historian Ammianus Marcellinus said "the men of Egypt are mostly brown or black with a skinny desiccated look."

Numerous tomb artefacts also show the ancient Egyptians as black Africans.

Pharaoh Tutunkhamun (circa 2500 bc) (statue found in his tomb)

6 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 3:33am On Jun 24, 2022
southsouthking:
Jesus is neither black nor white.

SHUT UP.

Don't come in here and make a stupid short statement from your brainwashed head, and run off.

Support your claim with EVIDENCE like I have done, or stay silent.

7 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 3:35am On Jun 24, 2022
Moh247:
Jesus is Hebrew Jewish middle east Man he is neither Black as African or White as European..

ANOTHER ILLITERATE RESPONSE.

You must back your claim with EVIDENCE like I have done, or shut your lips.

5 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 3:38am On Jun 24, 2022
I will not tolerate anyone coming in here to spew their western brainwashed head with no evidence to back their claims.

If you must claim Jesus or whomever was white or yellow etc, no problem.

But you must come with EVIDENCE, or don't come.

3 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by princemillla(m): 3:42am On Jun 24, 2022
Reflect7:

You must be really thick-skulled to be looking at history staring you in the face, and still be talking the opposite like a brainwashed person..

So explain the black madonna images and numerous European church images depicting the ancient Jews and Jesus as blacks?

Are you aware that the place you call ''Middle East'', (a name coined by 18th century Europeans, as that part of the world was 'east' of Europe, and midway between Europe and Asia or the 'far east') was actually part of Africa ((or 'Ethiopia') as it was known)) in antiquity?

Go and learn history. 99% of you are totally ignorant of the past.

Some fellow are white ass licker

I have known this for a very long time now.

Seen several catholic posts about Jesus being black. A man walked into my offices sometimes 3 years ago, told me how he saw Jesus face on the wall n he said he was black. He even snapped it n showed me.

3 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 3:45am On Jun 24, 2022
princemillla:

Some fellow are white ass licker

I have known this for a very long time now.

Seen several catholic posts about Jesus being black. A man walked into my offices sometimes 3 years ago, told me how he saw Jesus face on the wall n he said he was black. He even snapped it n showed me.

In secret, the Pope worships the black Jesus and Mary.

2 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 3:48am On Jun 24, 2022

3 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 3:54am On Jun 24, 2022

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 3:59am On Jun 24, 2022
So you have to ask why they gave you THIS?

Who IS this?

4 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Nobody: 4:59am On Jun 24, 2022
I will believe to a certain extent because prophet ISAIAH described his HAIR well and from his description it resembled that of the SOMALIANS of Eastern Africa.
Only GOOD BIBLE students will remember this.
I used to be a very good Bible student, until I retreated to study more about my heritage.

Only a FEW put our heritage in Writing. At some point they are even mocked for doing so.

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by blackpanda: 5:01am On Jun 24, 2022
blazingblender:
Hmmmm
Maybe they lied to us
Cus if this where old drawings
It depicted meaning
Maybe he is somehow black no one knows

Not maybe, he is black
Jesus the Nazarene is black

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Samskid310(m): 5:14am On Jun 24, 2022
This is surely a facade
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 5:15am On Jun 24, 2022
People credit Europeans with being explorers and 'discoverers' of nations and continents, but history tells us that black Africans were the original explorers, and have been sailing the world for THOUSANDS of years in ships, before the Europeans left their caves, which is probably why we later eased up on our travels. Did we get bored? Perhaps.

Here are some Olmec heads discovered in South America, showing clear West African features, and dated to nearly 3,600 years ago!

And yet they claim that Christopher Columbus who landed there 300 years ago, was the person who ''discovered'' the Americas.

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by stonemasonn: 5:30am On Jun 24, 2022
Reflect7:

SHUT UP.

Don't come in here and make a stupid short statement from your brainwashed head, and run off.

Support your claim with EVIDENCE like I have done, or stay silent.
You are just mixing up pictures of ancient Assyrians and an Egyptian dynasty ruled by nubians all predating Jesus Christ. Rome ruled over the Jewish lands during the time of Jesus, maybe studying their account of the people living in those areas will shade more light.
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 5:32am On Jun 24, 2022
The original Cambodians were black

Ancient statues from Khmer Region, Angor Wat in Cambodia.

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 5:57am On Jun 24, 2022
stonemasonn:
You are just mixing up pictures of ancient Assyrians and an Egyptian dynasty ruled by nubians all predating Jesus Christ. Rome ruled over the Jewish lands during the time of Jesus, maybe studying their account of the people living in those areas will shade more light.

I am ''mixing up'' NOTHING. I KNOW THE HISTORY AND HAVE STUDIED IT LIKELY SINCE BEFORE YOU WERE BORN.

Don't bring confusion in here to deceive people.

The Nubian dynasty of Pharaoh Tarhaqa, Pharaoh Piankhi and the rest was not the only black dynasty or leadership in Ancient Egypt. The earlier rulers were all blacks, and the rulers that came after the Nubian interregnum were all blacks as well. It was only starting from the Ptolemaic era of Roman invasion around 300 BC that we see Roman rulers of Egypt, eg Cleopatra, Ptolemy 1 etc.

The ancient Roman accounts claim the Jews were AFRICAN people:

Here is a direct quote from Strabo around 30 BC when Israel and the Levant had been infiltrated by foreigners:

Strabo, The Geography, Book XVI.ii.34-38, 40, 46, c. 22 CE

''These districts (of Jerusalem and Joppa) lie towards the north; they are inhabited generally, and each place in particular, by mixed tribes of Egyptians, Arabians, and Phoenicians. Of this description are the inhabitants of Galilee, of the plain of Jericho, and of the territories of Philadelphia and Samaria, surnamed Sebaste by Herod; but though there is such a mixture of inhabitants, the report most credited, among many things believed respecting the temple and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, is that the Egyptians were the ancestors of the present Jews''.

http://www.bu.edu/mzank/Jerusalem/tx/romansources.htm

And who were the EGYPTIANS at that time?

Apollodorus, the ancient Greek philosopher, described Egypt as "the country of the black-footed ones" and the Latin historian Ammianus Marcellinus said "the men of Egypt are mostly brown or black with a skinny desiccated look."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/africa/features/storyofafrica/3chapter5.shtml

Tacitus (born 56 AD) also stated this:

Tacitus: From The Histories, Book V, c. 110 CE

''Some say that the Jews were fugitives from the island of Crete, who settled on the nearest coast of Africa about the time when Saturn was driven from his throne by the power of Jupiter. Evidence of this is sought in the name. There is a famous mountain in Crete called Ida; the neighbouring tribe, the Idaei, came to be called Judaei by a barbarous lengthening of the national name. Others assert that in the reign of Isis the overflowing population of Egypt, led by Hierosolymus and Judas, discharged itself into the neighboring countries. Many, again, say that they were a race of Ethiopian origin, who in the time of king Cepheus were driven by fear and hatred of their neighbors to seek a new dwelling-place.''

http://www.bu.edu/mzank/Jerusalem/tx/romansources.htm

SO THE EVIDENCE IS CLEARLY NOT HIDDEN. IT IS ALL THERE IN PLAIN SIGHT. THE ANCIENT HEBREWS AND THEIR LEADER, JESUS, WERE BLACK FOLKS.

3 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by xedyl(m): 6:04am On Jun 24, 2022
Ethiopia was never colonized,Churches and mosques have been in Ethiopia ,but Muslims and christians thinks religion was introduced to us in Africa. Ethiopia calendar is 7years behind the normal calendar. Ethiopia alphabet is diff from the rest of the world's Alphabets.

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Reflect7: 6:08am On Jun 24, 2022
xedyl:
Ethiopia was never colonized,Churches and mosques have been in Ethiopia ,but Muslims and christians thinks religion was introduced to us in Africa. Ethiopia calendar is 7years behind the normal calendar. Ethiopia alphabet is diff from the rest of the world's Alphabets.

''Ethiopia'' as referred to on this thread and in the ancient texts posted is describing ALL of Africa south of Egypt, which is what was known as 'Ethiopia' in antiquity.
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by xedyl(m): 6:15am On Jun 24, 2022
Reflect7:

''Ethiopia'' as referred to on this thread and in the ancient texts posted is describing ALL Africa south of Egypt, which is what was known as 'Ethiopia' in antiquity.

Yeah, I get your point. Nevertheless more evidence to your post can be gotten from Ethiopia as a country.

1 Like

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 24, 2022
Interesting
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Rexymania(m): 6:43am On Jun 24, 2022
I watched a movie sometime ago where those oyibos dipicted Samson as black. Those Arabs says, the new Jews occupying Palestine land are not real jews, but descendants of an old British empire. Check it out. We igbos are the real Jews
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by zedegit: 6:44am On Jun 24, 2022
Reflect7:

It's not about ''if''. Go on Google Images right now and search 'black madonna'. You will see hundreds of images from old churches across Europe showing their earliest depictions of Jesus, Mary and the Jews. It was of black negroid people. You can visit those churches today and view the images. So there is no ''if'' there.

Meanwhile the colonialists came here and sold you a white Swedish looking man to worship as your 'saviour'.

You don't get the point. Christians don't worship image. They worship the risen Christ.

All these arguments are for idle men and unnecessary.
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Rickmann: 6:45am On Jun 24, 2022
stonemasonn:
Those who depicted him never saw him and never knew what he looked like either. They depicted him based on their beliefs, ego or just wishes.

Christ was depicted based on the image on the handkerchief used you clean his face..
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by DaInferno(m): 6:48am On Jun 24, 2022
Reflect7:
All the oldest pictures and statues of Jesus depict Him as Black with Nappy hair, yet the world was presented with a white Jesus from the Roman Empire. Why?

''And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.''

1:15 King James Version (KJV)

Jesus was from the middle East and last I checked, those people are whites..no matter how yall want it to be; Jesus ain't black. Keep focusing on color
Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Rexymania(m): 6:52am On Jun 24, 2022
Borgas... walai Europeans dey ment

Reflect7:
So you have to ask why they gave you THIS?

Who IS this?

2 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by Rexymania(m): 6:55am On Jun 24, 2022
It's obvious you're brain washed

DaInferno:
Jesus was from the middle East and last I checked, those people are whites..no matter how yall want it to be; Jesus ain't black. Keep focusing on color

4 Likes

Re: The Earliest Images Of Jesus Show Him To Be A Black Man - Pics by DaInferno(m): 6:57am On Jun 24, 2022
Rexymania:
It's obvious you're brain washed

you must have learnt those words here on NL

elaborate your point...don't just call names. How am I brainwashed?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Not A Terrorist! / Evolution: The 'evidence' Behind The Pictures / Africans And Superstition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.