Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community (9769 Views)

Animals That Thrive On Land And Water: Top 10 Creatures / Settle Dispute With ASUU, Catholic Bishops Tell FG / ASUU Asks ABU To Withdraw Kaduna Governor’s Certificate Over Land Dispute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by Davefed(m): 8:05am On Jun 24, 2022
UNIBEN has untapped massive land wasting and still dragging land. Some parts in Uniben especially in the senior staff quarter is another forest on it own. Years to come many part of the sch will still remain untouched.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by buckeyemedia: 8:05am On Jun 24, 2022
Mhimi007:
You dey follow school wey dey use Amadioha head do logo argure you nor dey fear
Wetin concern High Court (White Man Court) with Amadioha?

If those nonsense artifacts had any powers, Oyibo man no for loot them centuries ago, go they display them for museums around the world today.
Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by buckeyemedia: 8:07am On Jun 24, 2022
Davefed:
UNIBEN has untapped massive land wasting and still dragging land. Some parts in Uniben especially in the senior staff quarter is another forest on it own. Years to come many part of the sch will still remain untouched.
Those that give the right for an ignorant community to come & claim land belonging to The University of Benin?

The Court has told them their claim is statute barred, nothing more they can do.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by Iriruaga100(m): 8:08am On Jun 24, 2022
Daum:
Wow

This Uteh is a very big community then. So Uteh that's along Upper mission has boundary with Uniben in Ekosodin...

Oh, maybe it's the ikpoba river that connects them at the interior

There is a back gate after PG hostel that takes you to Uteh. Very big land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by Jefferyhi86(m): 8:20am On Jun 24, 2022
Ehhh so because naira don useless, u come mk am 1million cool
Direlin:
Clean and well maintained Honda EOD

Price: 1M
Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by Vickho: 9:14am On Jun 24, 2022
ictplotter:
Mighty Uniben.
The first and the only university of the black race. The center point of black civilization and development.
Arise Oh mighty Uniben!
you must be an NBM member
Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by Vickho: 9:14am On Jun 24, 2022
Daum:
Wow

This Uteh is a very big community then. So Uteh that's along Upper mission has boundary with Uniben in Ekosodin...

Oh, maybe it's the ikpoba river that connects them at the interior
gbam
Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by swissgoldenpro2: 9:31am On Jun 24, 2022
Good for them
Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by Daum: 9:36am On Jun 24, 2022
Iriruaga100:

There is a back gate after PG hostel that takes you to Uteh. Very big land

Yeah, I have been there. Close to the Chancellor lodge. Very big expanse of land...wetin uniben won use that land do sef

Lol
Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by DeRay98(m): 10:27am On Jun 24, 2022
VladimirPutiin:
cool

As Uniben big reach dem still dey drag land with small community dem.

The land was acquired and used for Uniben by the founding guvnor, Brid. Ogbemudia way back then and not recent day acquisition, but the community only wanted to grab from it as development reached there by virtue of the presence of the sch and the school not utilising vast area of the land yet...
Land issues are hot in Edo because many communities didn't embrace other economic activities than farming and selling off their lands nowadays

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by DeRay98(m): 10:33am On Jun 24, 2022
Davefed:

That's the same land the community is dragging and whether Uniben uses it now or not, its not the issue.
The lack of vision by successive V.Cs and poor funding has kept them from utilising the land. Universities are supposed to be large like a city of its own with facilities spread round the entire expanse for research and other learning purposes...
The current state of cramped up buildings in the faculties of science, education and Law Area is not proper.

2 Likes

Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by SecretReporter(f): 10:43am On Jun 24, 2022
Searchingvictor:
Land wahala
Ok

Somebody should lend me 60k please, I'll pay back in 20k/month for 4 months please
Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by gurusnizkid23: 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2022
Pls my brother n sisters,it's me igolaff I need your vote as the best comedian of the year,pls vote and share it on your status n group thanks,God bless you
https://muchmore9ja.com/ncyawards2/
Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by VladimirPutiin(m): 12:30pm On Jun 24, 2022
DeRay98:

The land was acquired and used for Uniben by the founding guvnor, Brid. Ogbemudia way back then and not recent day acquisition, but the community only wanted to grab from it as development reached there by virtue of the presence of the sch and the school not utilising vast area of the land yet...
Land issues are hot in Edo because many communities didn't embrace other economic activities than farming and selling off their lands nowadays

Oooh I see. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by Mhimi007(m): 2:54pm On Jun 24, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Wetin concern High Court (White Man Court) with Amadioha?

If those nonsense artifacts had any powers, Oyibo man no for loot them centuries ago, go they display them for museums around the world today.
ha na joke naa, it's even queen Idia's mask
Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by ahamonyeka(m): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2022
Uniben i rep 2011.

Rip to prof. Oshodin
Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by Searchingvictor: 7:48am On Jun 25, 2022
[quote author=SecretReporter post=114109528][/quote]

Ma'am, you gonna help me, please?
Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by real777(m): 12:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
The then governor Ogbemudia of blessed vision was to make UNIBEN a self sustaining mini city. Those encroached land was designated for hostels namely A to Z stretching to Upper Mission and Igboba Hills My late dad of blessed memory was part of the artisans that worked in the school hostels during Ogbemudia's regime & is the reason I've this first hand credible information. If it was a success all these years, accommodation, transportation, cost & burdens wouldn't have been heard of in UNIBEN. The goal was to have shuttle service etc. running 24hours within the campus while connecting directly to major city centres. This development would have been one of the greatest thing that befell Benin City in sub sahara Africa. Immediately Ogbemudia was out of government, his plans and projects died & nobody could continue in that direction. Lack of continuity by successive administration is the reason Benin City & Edo State is 1000 years behind in all developmental indices when compared to ordinary London.

Our leaders have finished us in this country.
Re: UNIBEN Wins Case On Land Dispute With Uteh Community by PetersonChuk04(m): 6:46am On Jun 29, 2022
God, this will be really terrible for many who have acquired land there.
Please where is the exact location of the site B.
Because I acquired a land there, my building is already at lintel level���������������
God help me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairalander Celebrates 30th Birthday With Idps, Donates Educational Materials / WAEC Certificate With Wrong Date Of Birth. Help Please! / Check The Number Of Candidates That Chose Your School In JAMB Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.