Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile (11465 Views)

Android Vs Windows Phone Vs Ios - Home Screen / Installing Applications On Htc Pro 2 Windows Mobile / He Needs Help On How To Download 2go Messenger On Htc Windows Mobile. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by africanboy(m): 12:18pm On Feb 22, 2006
I and a proud owner owner of a Nokia 6600, and have been tormenting my boss in the office. He uses a Nokia 7250i.

Yesterday, he received a T-Mobile MDa Vario, a Windows Mobile Phone and Pocket PC. His statement "Demola will no longer intimidate us. Now there is a competition!"

Am going online to check for review comparisions between the Symbian (S60) and MS Mobile.

Though, I love Microsoft Products, I have a preference for Symbian. Its just too good. Anybody using a MS Mobile. LETS COMPARE.
Re: Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by Seun(m): 9:58am On Feb 23, 2006
What is it about Symbian that you love?
Re: Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by Fdeveloper(m): 4:35pm On Feb 24, 2006
I have an HP iPAQ which I'm very happy with so as Seun has asked, I would be interested to know what in particular you like about the Symbian OS following which I will respond with my views on Windows Mobile.
Re: Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by africanboy(m): 5:58pm On Feb 24, 2006
I installed ActiveSync, guess what? It does not confirm from me before syncronising my contacts. which is bad, ibecause i should be able to dedice what info i want to sync.

i wanted to remove numbers from the mobile, and their was no way to remove all at once. i had to do it one after the other. when i got tired, i removed all the contacts on my pc and sync'ed. that removed all the contacts on the mobile.
in symbian, i select mark all and delete

another beef, i wanted to save a missed call number as a contact, no option to do that except hold unto the contact for a while before a pop up was displayed.
on symbian phone manager,,
Re: Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by Fdeveloper(m): 12:55pm On Feb 27, 2006
Automatic syncing is normal behavior and I don't see this as a shortcoming however if click "Tools, Options" on the menu then highlight "Contacts" and click on "Settings, " you can define what items and/or groups you want synced (i.e. You can deselect everything in which case it won't be automatic).

On my iPAQ, I can select multiple contacts in the list view and delete and/or beam them as I wish. Multiple selection is a standard Windows feature so it's strange that you can't do it on your device.

I take your point about saving a contact however I have to say that in my opinion having to tap+hold and wait a few milliseconds for a pop-up menu is not too much trouble,

What device are you using?
Re: Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by africanboy(m): 5:17pm On Feb 27, 2006
T-Mobile MDA Vario.

On ActiveSync, it stubbonrnly tries to sync. Even if I click stop, after a few minutes, it starts like its the screensaver.

Having to go to tools/options everytime I need to sync specific items is a bore isnt it.
---------------
I want to sync contacts - tools/options, select only contacts
---------------
I have a new contact but dont want to sync it yet for certain reasons, but want to sync a picture I was beamed. Tools/Options. Turn off contacts, turn on pictures
---------------
Wait, did I skip that ringtone, OK, Tools/Options again, Duhhh,
---------------

It was embarassing for my boss to have to ask me how to save a contact from a missed call in front of people. He received a call and we were in the car. He wasnt, I was.

And I proudly use a Nokia 6600. Hoping to get a 3230 soon though. Better camera, more RAM,
Re: Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by Fdeveloper(m): 10:15am On Feb 28, 2006
Ok, I see what you mean about selective syncing not being so straightforward.  I guess Microsoft just assumed that people want to sync everything at all times. Personally, I always want my iPAQ to be a mirror image of my laptop and vice versa and I'm yet to find a compelling reason why I wouldn't want to sync everything however as I said, point taken.

Re saving a number to contacts, I agree with you that perhaps it's not as intuitive as it could be but having said that I'm a firm believer in the old maxim of R.T.F.M. as more often than not, this solves a lot of common problems.
Re: Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by africanboy(m): 8:48am On Mar 01, 2006
R.T.F.M
?

I guess I should try out other Windows Mobiles before bad mouthing them. Just might be the design of the one I used.
Re: Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by wormedup(m): 12:29pm On Mar 06, 2006
in a nutshell, symbian OS does just a little more than windows mobile.
u need far less processor and RAM to run a symbian phone and u r good to go,
plus it's cheaper.

i have a Nokia 3230 and i'm loving it cool grin cheesy cool
Re: Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by nnemak(m): 4:43pm On Jun 23, 2010
How can we share applications on Windows Mobile
Re: Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by Raphoeworld: 7:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
Microsoft India has disclosed that their
2016 flagship smartphones Lumia 950 and
Lumia 950XL will be unveil in India in the
last month of this year i.e. month of
December, 2015.
www.panstech.com/2015/11/microsoft-lumia-950-950xl-to-launch-in-december.html?m=1
Re: Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by Joel3(m): 8:38pm On Nov 05, 2015
was about to comment until I check the date. compering symbian is to window haha. I be wan shout if na rough play make you stop am.
Re: Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by mosjames: 11:09pm On Nov 05, 2015
IDC, Tecno is the best at the moment
Buzzing after laying my hands on the new Phantom5 smiley
Re: Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by Youngpo413: 7:20am On Nov 06, 2015
Mumu
Re: Compare Smartphones - Symbian Vs Windows Mobile by lilwill(m): 11:42am On Nov 06, 2015
mosjames:
IDC, Tecno is the best at the moment
Buzzing after laying my hands on the new Phantom5 smiley

#TecnoZombie alert

(1) (Reply)

One Plus CEO; One Plus 6 To Arrive In June With Snapdragon 845 On Board / Gotv Has Brided Us Not By Tstv. See What They Gave Their Customers Free. / How To Borrow Real Money From MTN Via MTN Xtracash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.