Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,760 members, 7,806,081 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:09 AM

South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu (13387 Views)

Ekweremadu, Enugu West Leaders Pledge Support To Ugwuanyi’s Peace Drive / Priest Killing: Ugwuanyi, Religious Leaders Pledge To Fish Out Culprits / Tompolo, Ateke Tom, General Shoot-At-Sight, Boyloaf, Pledge Support For FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by YorubaIsGreat(m): 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2022
Leaders of the South-South Zone of the All Progressives Congress have thrown their weight behind the presidential flagbearer of the party, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, ahead of the 2023 general election.

While addressing journalists in Abuja, National Chairman of the APC South-South Zone, Victor Giadom, disclosed that they have asked all members of the party from the six states in the geopolitical zone to help Tinubu achieve his presidential ambition next year.
Giadom made the statement after hours of closed-door meeting with a delegation of the South-South leaders, including former Governor of Edo State, Adams Oshiomhole; former Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi; former National Chairman of the APC, John Odigie-Oyegun; Senate Deputy President, Ovie Omo-Agege, and former Deputy Governor of Edo State, Lucky Imasuen.

According to him, the APC is determined and will do whatever it takes to ensure that Tinubu successfully takes over the governance of the country from the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), after the 2023 general election.

He said, “We congratulate Asiwaju Bola Tinubu for emerging as the presidential candidate of our party and thank him for the steps he has so far taken to unite those who contested that election with him and to assure him that the South-South zone will support his ticket.

“The South-South Zone in that direction has resolved to work with him and the party to ensure victory in the 2023 general election.”

While pledging to work harder to restore the party dominance in the six states of the region by 2023, the leaders of the APC South-South applauded Amaechi for his political maturity and show of sportsmanship after losing the presidential ticket to Tinubu.

“We appreciate Hon. Rotimi Amaechi, our own son and former Minister of Transportation, who came second in the presidential contest, for the party unity he has demonstrated after the presidential primary.

“We, therefore, urge all party members in the South-South zone to embrace the presidential ticket of our party to ensure victory in 2023,” Giadom stated.

He also saluted the president and the APC northern governors for their commitment to the unity of the country and for allowing a level playing field for all the aspirants.

“We congratulate them too for the patriotism for which they demonstrated in ceding the presidential ticket of the APC to the Southern part of the country,” he said.

https://punchng.com/south-south-apc-leaders-pledge-support-for-tinubu/

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by lathrowinger: 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2022
VOTE

ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU

FOR

222 Likes 10 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by muykem: 12:58pm On Jun 24, 2022
Tinubu is the next president of Federal Republic of Nigeria. I respect Peter Obi supporters for their determination to challenge status quo.

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by triple996(m): 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2022
Very interesting
And OBITUARY is their to make up d numbers grin

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Deborah98(f): 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2022
Thank God it reads South South APC leaders and not like the entire South South leaders. Biko they should carry their support and shift one side,make I no unleash my anger on anyone this afternoon,suffer never tire them still... Mtchewww undecided

94 Likes 10 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Felimax(m): 1:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
A country of mad people! So among those names you mentioned non is good enough for the office of the president except the only Buhari replicate.

God forbid!

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Truthisunique2: 1:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
Lol, who are the leaders and which one can deliver his state for apc?

For south south we don't do leaders when it comes to national election

You go against the regional support for PDP and have yourself to blame

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Felimax(m): 1:04pm On Jun 24, 2022
Deborah98:
Thank God it reads South South APC leaders and not like the entire South South leaders. Biko they should carry their support and shift one side,make I no unleash my anger on anyone this afternoon,suffer never tire them still... Mtchewww undecided

You dey mind those fools! Amaechi of all people. So irritating!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Oplomo: 1:05pm On Jun 24, 2022
You mean the likes of amaechi and akpabio who are currently fighting to save their nose-diving political lives since they decamped to APC, but their people of SS refused to follow them. grin grin

219 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Truthisunique2: 1:06pm On Jun 24, 2022
Oplomo:
You mean the likes of amaechi and akpabio who are currently fighting to save their nose-diving political lives since the decamped to APC but the people of SS refused to follow them. grin grin
lol, it's a joke

The biggest person their is oshomole, and even when he was at the height of his power as governor he couldn't win Edo to ACN, APC at anytime nationally

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by YorubaIsGreat(m): 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2022
Unstoppable train
Join the train or be crushed by the train
Emi lokan 1 is unstoppable and by God grace he will become our president
I will Forever stand on his mandate

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by famology(m): 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2022
Laudable!

1 Like

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by IamWonderful: 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ok
Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Mynd44: 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2022
Giadom, Amaechi, Oshiomhole in the same room and fight didn't happen…

I.dont believe such a meeting happened

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by KubwaBoy: 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2022
Audio promise.... South-South is fully OBIdient

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Randy100: 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2022
Tinubu presidency is a Yoruba project.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by israelmao(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2022
Fake support

2 Likes

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Ogaga87(m): 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2022
All men to their tent.. The way these guys speak makes me feel like they have the will of others in their possession..

You will stand to cast your vote yourself while I do same in my ward..

You dey pledge is a criminal statement..

Abi nor be one man one vote again

3 Likes

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by LeoDeKing: 2:11pm On Jun 24, 2022
My confidence in Tinubu's victory is 100%.

Winning elections in Nigeria na brain, no be by shouting or insulting.

If you notice, Tinubu has never said anything about any of the aspirants, including PYO despite the hues and cries.

He is focused, confident and darn sure of victory.

Pandora hoebi? Lol.

Even his Meth supporters screaming Obi supporters on social media are unknowingly campaigning for the great Asiwaju of Nigeria. grin

219 Likes 8 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Beverlyjean(f): 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2022
Tinubu dint do anything tangible as governor apart from creating lastma that were criminals under his Regime...lagosians feared Lastma more that police cos they took advantage of lagosians ... infact police corruption is attributed to Lastma cos police never knew Lagosians could pay stupid money just to get away from trouble ...police also learnt the technique of setting trap for motorists to make loads of money off motorists from lastma officials...Tinubu never addressed the issues, even as lagosians were begging and crying that Lastma officials were extorting them... I remember my Dad paying them 25k as far back as 2001 , was still young then... just cause he made a wrong turn in Victoria Island ...they were there, saw him trying to make a u turn but they dint even try to stop him from doing it , they just waited like wolves and the moment he did the u turn they all flooded his vehicle like park of wolves ... It was during fasholas regime that they stopped lastma officials from those evil acts ... they started sacking the criminals , he told them to correct motorists instead of arresting them , unless if its those that follow one way on purpose .... under the same Tinubu , Thats Apapa Road became a disaster and it has never been same till date... under Tinubu ,the Orile to okoko Road became a mess .... lagos should really thank fashola for what it is today ... Tinubu did nothing as governor apart from trying to set himself up financially for life thru holding on to lagos funds by installing his puppets to do his bidding and also making sure that hoodlums took over the city... he empowered hoodlums incase obasanjo tried to take lagos from him ... itvwud have been bloody in lagos if obasanjo ever tried that ... Tinubu is notva man to rule the nation ... real lagosians know this ... only his benefactors , those that just came to lagos after 99 and hoodlums are singing his praises

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Parachoko: 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ogaga87:
All men to their tent.. The way these guys speak makes me feel like they have the will of others in their possession..

You will stand to cast your vote yourself while I do same in my ward..

You dey pledge is a criminal statement..

Abi nor be one man one vote again

When did it become a crime for APC members to work for their Party?

218 Likes 5 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Dpharisee: 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2022
Leaders that cannot even form a quorum grin grin

The Obidient level in the South South is too high, they need Obi to benefit from their oil

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by colorsofrainbow: 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2022
triple996:
Very interesting
And OBITUARY is their to make up d numbers grin

The way we will celebrate Tinubu's obituary after Peter Obi sends him to the land of dead the next year.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Sixfiguresmart(m): 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2022
Wow. A man who cannot pass a thread through the eye of a needle cannot be the president of Nigeria.

A shaking shark cannot stand a storm of dolphins.

A pissing pig cannot escape the jaw of anaconda.

A drugged prostitute cannot fight for her due.

A sick swine cannot attract investors

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by smile11s(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2022
PETER OBI FOR PRESIDENT.

Those south south at the end will vote for Peter OBI

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Bar1941(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2022
Those that truly know Nigeria politics are making moves underground towards actualization of their dreams while one fake ass called OBItuary and his Ipob supporters keep shouting only on internet.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by specialmati(m): 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2022
grin grin grin grin grin so there are people still supporting APC Well make una continue body go tell everyone soon. Make sure you collect the same amount they gave to delegates

2 Likes

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by openmine(m): 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2022
Well i guess its just the APC south south members that will vote for Tinubu which may not be up to 20% of the entire SS region!
Even during the nationwide clamour for a change in 2014,SS has never delivered for APC!
How will the SS now deliver at this crucial time when its apparent that the current administration that was supported and sponsored twice by BAT as the best thing since sliced bread has failed woefully in all their campaign promises that was made in 2014?
My simple question is what will APC use in campaigning come 2023?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by Mandate2023: 2:16pm On Jun 24, 2022
Obi dogs will flood dis place and start their usual cry

218 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-South APC Leaders Pledge Support For Tinubu by obiforpresident: 2:16pm On Jun 24, 2022
They are out to collect their own shares, just after his money i believe.

Let's support Peter Obi. He's far far better than two other prominent candidates.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

CBN Orders Staff To Declare Links With Politically Exposed Persons, Close Relati / How NLC And TUC Betrayed #occupynigeria: An Insider Account / Lauretta Onochie: Igbo Leaders Responsible For Insecurity In The South-East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.