Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,081 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Favour Ofili Nigeria's 100 & 200m Sprinter Is Being Sabotaged By Her US Coaches - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Favour Ofili Nigeria's 100 & 200m Sprinter Is Being Sabotaged By Her US Coaches (727 Views)

Birmingham 2022: Favour Ofili Wins Silver In Women's 200m Event / Favour Ofili Beats Abby Steiner. Wins 100m, 200m And 4x100m / 19-year-old Favour Ofili Breaks Okagbare’s 200m Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Favour Ofili Nigeria's 100 & 200m Sprinter Is Being Sabotaged By Her US Coaches by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2022
Favour Ofili Nigeria's 100 & 200m sprinter ( and Nigeria's new 200m record holder and first African woman to run sub 22 seconds) is being sabotaged by her US coaches.
At the recent NCAA champs I wondered how she failed to even win her semi final and then I realised her coaches were behind her decline in performance as they made her run first leg of 4x400m semis on the same day knowing her team had little chance of qualifying for the final.

Only yesterday it was revealed on twitter that Ofili has informed the Athletics Federation of Nigeria that she would not be participating in Nigeria's trials for the World and Commonwealth championships due to "personal reasons".

Which means she may not get selected if 3 athletes at the trials achieve the qualifying performance standards.

It made me reflect on how Nigerian athletes like Devine Oduduru never performed well for Nigeria despite amazing performance in NCAA sprints, wonder what his coaches might have did to him to degrade is performance seemingly permanently.

1 Like

Re: Favour Ofili Nigeria's 100 & 200m Sprinter Is Being Sabotaged By Her US Coaches by nicho450(m): 1:09pm On Jun 24, 2022
Can't she switch them?
Re: Favour Ofili Nigeria's 100 & 200m Sprinter Is Being Sabotaged By Her US Coaches by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2022
She is only 19 is probably very trusting.
nicho450:
Can't she switch them?

Re: Favour Ofili Nigeria's 100 & 200m Sprinter Is Being Sabotaged By Her US Coaches by nicho450(m): 1:20pm On Jun 24, 2022
GenBuhari:
She is only 19 is probably very trusting.

I concur
Re: Favour Ofili Nigeria's 100 & 200m Sprinter Is Being Sabotaged By Her US Coaches by Favor99(m): 2:55am On Jun 25, 2022
GenBuhari:
Favour Ofili Nigeria's 100 & 200m sprinter ( and Nigeria's new 200m record holder and first African woman to run sub 22 seconds) is being sabotaged by her US coaches.
At the recent NCAA champs I wondered how she failed to even win her semi final and then I realised her coaches were behind her decline in performance as they made her run first leg of 4x400m semis on the same day knowing her team had little chance of qualifying for the final.

Only yesterday it was revealed on twitter that Ofili has informed the Athletics Federation of Nigeria that she would not be participating in Nigeria's trials for the World and Commonwealth championships due to "personal reasons".

Which means she may not get selected if 3 athletes at the trials achieve the qualifying performance standards.

It made me reflect on how Nigerian athletes like Devine Oduduru never performed well for Nigeria despite amazing performance in NCAA sprints, wonder what his coaches might have did to him to degrade is performance seemingly permanently.
Are these US coaches white, black or what race?
Re: Favour Ofili Nigeria's 100 & 200m Sprinter Is Being Sabotaged By Her US Coaches by Nobody: 7:24am On Jun 25, 2022
The head sprint coach making the decisions for her university, LSU, is white, I believe his name is Shavers
Favor99:

Are these US coaches white, black or what race?
Re: Favour Ofili Nigeria's 100 & 200m Sprinter Is Being Sabotaged By Her US Coaches by Favor99(m): 4:48pm On Jun 25, 2022
GenBuhari:
The head sprint coach making the decisions for her university, LSU, is white, I believe his name is Shavers
Oh ok cool, thanks

1 Like

Re: Favour Ofili Nigeria's 100 & 200m Sprinter Is Being Sabotaged By Her US Coaches by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 05, 2022
The thing is that Favour Ofili failure to return for the trials also denied Nigeria the talent to run a qualifying time for the 4x100m relay where we would have stood a good chance to reach the final if not medal at the World Championships.
I suspect that there is a conspiracy to prevent Nigeria winning a 4x100m medal the timing of charging Blessing Okagbare with additional offences hence invalidating Nigeria's previous qualifying time is just too much coincidence.

(1) (Reply)

Rugby Update Zone / The English Are @ It Again / 100 Footballers Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.