Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,234 members, 7,807,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:07 PM

Amy Winehouse Is Dead - Music/Radio (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Amy Winehouse Is Dead (27603 Views)

Shocking: Amy Winehouse Performing On Drugs. / Amy Winehouse Booed After 'disaster' Performance (video) / Amy Winehouse - The Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by kaypumpin2(m): 2:13am On Jul 24, 2011
So a friend of mine who's lost the most important "thing" in his life due to his addiction to PS3 just called Amy a "junkie" and I'm like,

Addiction,a scourge so under-rated when it's nothing to do with "hard-drugs".I have been treated for caffeine and nicotine addiction, so I know it's an extremely thin line between use and abuse.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by eldee(m): 2:20am On Jul 24, 2011
When you listen to songs like Back to Black and Best Friends, you know why they call everyone from Asa to Adele 'The next Amy Winehouse'

[flash=450,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQIaihrTNSo[/flash]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQIaihrTNSo
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by ceasyc(f): 2:23am On Jul 24, 2011
Amy Winehouse Is Dead = shocking - NOT!

dey try 2 make me go 2 rehab, i say NO! NO! NO!

what a shame + waste of talent n all. rip sha
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 2:33am On Jul 24, 2011
Sad story!

I couldn't believe it at first until I saw it in the news.

Well, the addiction is now done away with too
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 2:34am On Jul 24, 2011
eldee:

When you listen to songs like Back to Black and Best Friends, you know why they call everyone from Asa to Adele 'The next Amy Winehouse'

Nothing special about the song or "talent". The media calls everybody the next everybody . . . its called HYPE!. Dimitrov = the next federer for example even though the dude can barely keep himself in the top 50.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 2:38am On Jul 24, 2011
^^^^
Amy has a great voice! The only singer I can compare to her now is Adele - with a similar voice.

Rehab is still my favorite track.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 24, 2011
all4naija:

^^^^
Amy has a great voice! The only singer I can compare to her now is Adele - with a similar voice.

Rehab is still my favorite track.

Now she's dead she has the greatest voice ever. There are far better talents voice-wise than her. Mariah Carey for one.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by eldee(m): 2:49am On Jul 24, 2011
davidylan:

Nothing special about the song or "talent". The media calls everybody the next everybody . . . its called HYPE!. Dimitrov = the next federer for example even though the dude can barely keep himself in the top 50.

So using your example now Dimitrov is Amy Winehouse and Adele is Federer? Smh.
The hype argument is kinda dumb . . . they could have chosen anyone but all the major award bodies, talent spotters, fans . . . all had a meeting and decided to choose sum random troubled chic for the hype.

It's your opinion though, art is subjective. At least this doesn't rank up there with the daft statement about poor people not being affected by drug addiction.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 3:03am On Jul 24, 2011
eldee:

So using your example now Dimitrov is Amy Winehouse and Adele is Federer? Smh.

there is something called ANALOGY stup[i]i[/i]d. At no point was the suggestion made that Federer is a singer.

eldee:

The hype argument is kinda dumb . . . they could have chosen anyone but all the major award bodies, talent spotters, fans . . . all had a meeting and decided to choose sum random troubled chic for the hype.

You're simply being a fool for the sake of it. The hype claim is very valid. Britney Spears has awards too . . . milli vanilli won awards as well. If awards are the sole barometer for greatness then we should assume Jessican Simpson is a star too huh?

eldee:

It's your opinion though, art is subjective. At least this doesn't rank up there with the daft statement about poor people not being affected by drug addiction.

Stup[i]i[/i]d again, i already explained that was used as sarcasm. For someone who accuses another of typing before reading, you might want to take your own advice.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Dclique(m): 3:29am On Jul 24, 2011
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by eldee(m): 3:46am On Jul 24, 2011
davidylan:

there is something called ANALOGY stup[i]i[/i]d. At no point was the suggestion made that Federer is a singer.

You just feel the need to talk, I was here joking about the fact that apply your analogy, the beneficiary of the 'hype' would have been Asa/Adele and not Amy Winehouse . . . but you obviously do a better job at exposing your idiocy.

davidylan:

You're simply being a fool for the sake of it. The hype claim is very valid. Britney Spears has awards too . . . milli vanilli won awards as well. If awards are the sole barometer for greatness then we should assume Jessican Simpson is a star too huh?

Spurning more cliche B.S I see. The strawman. Where did I point to awards as the sole barometer for greatness?? Impressive though, considering the daftness you've displayed so far.
And please wait if Milli Vanilli won a Grammy for handing in sumn recorded by someone else, how does that affect the credibility of the Award?? Are you usually this retarded?

davidylan:

Stup[i]i[/i]d again, i already explained that was used as sarcasm. For someone who accuses another of typing before reading, you might want to take your own advice.

Excuse me for assuming that you ignored the fact that cheaper drugs have led to the same outcome. Oh, even your 'sarcasm' is still flawed on that.
I guess you're allowed to be retarded as long as you tag is as sarcasm then. . . oshi oda.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Ibime(m): 3:46am On Jul 24, 2011
Goodbye Amy. Lovely music, brilliant lyrics well thought out and delivered with soul.

Am sure the drug use started "like play, like play". Reminds me of the body of the 23 year old girl found recently who'd been addicted to heroine from the age of 15. Unfortunately in life, some young people do things out of youthful naivety that they never recover from into adulthood.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nymphnode(m): 3:56am On Jul 24, 2011
9 pages already Amy, and still counting!  You are one heck of an addiction goddess.  You rock gurl!!!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 4:12am On Jul 24, 2011
the typical need to feel "intelligent" rearing its head by our resident computer jingoists.

eldee:

You just feel the need to talk, I was here joking about the fact that apply your analogy, the beneficiary of the 'hype' would have been Asa/Adele and not Amy Winehouse . . . but you obviously do a better job at exposing your idiocy.

Here's the problem, your main goal here is to primarily to antagonise which is why you are not taking time to thoroughly read thru your own insults before posting:

the british press calls Adele the next amy winehouse . . .

1. that is an indirect complement to Amy Winehouse being good enough to have others be compared to them.

2. It IS actually Adele who is the beneficiary of the hype in terms of the comparison! In the Rollingstone magazine (Jan 2009 edition), 21-yr old Adele is described as UK's newest soul star comparing her to Amy Winehouse (i.e. an barometer for how good she is or may become).

This is how one paper describes her - Having already been hailed by multiple critics as the "new Amy Winehouse," it is clear that soul singer/songwriter Adele (formally known as Adele Laurie Blue Adkins) has a lot of praise to look forward to in the near future.

At just 19 years old, the London native has already received critical acclaim, becoming the very first recipient of the Critics Choice prize at this year's Brit Awards, which is an award given to the musical artist who is "most likely to make it big in 2008."

Without a doubt the person being hyped here is Adele! She is being compared to a soul standard - Amy.

Just the same way Dimitrov is being held to a tennis standard in Federer.

Back to your earliest post: you said the album "back to black" is good enough to the extent that other artistes are now being compared to Amy. Now that's just BS hype typical of the media which cant wait to crown the next "superstar".

My point was basically this:

1. Amy isnt really that good! Face it . . . she barely cracked the US market. Not many know her here.

2. To compare Adele to her . . . hmm isnt really saying much for Adele herself.

Seriously . . . your need to be insulting seems to have overwhelmed your ability to understand a simple analogy. How sad.

eldee:

Spurning more cliche B.S I see. The strawman. Where did I point to awards as the sole barometer for greatness?? Impressive though, considering the daftness you've displayed so far.
And please wait if Milli Vanilli won a Grammy for handing in sumn recorded by someone else, how does that affect the credibility of the Award?? Are you usually this slow?
"
You certainly didnt point to awards as the sole barometer for success but to disparage my opinion of her on the basis of "but all the major award bodies, talent spotters, fans . . . all had a meeting and decided to choose sum random troubled chic for the hype" means you think because she's won awards or the acclaim of a few critics then that should be enough to cement her greatness?

So what? We have Britney Spears winning awards and critics acclaims too. So whats new?

eldee:

Excuse me for assuming that you ignored the fact that cheaper drugs have led to the same outcome. Oh, even your 'sarcasm' is still flawed on that.
I guess you're allowed to be slow as long as you tag is as sarcasm then. . . oshi oda.

Daft. Again that was a sarcastic comment . . . not merely a tag.
One of the drivers of black crime here in the US is drugs. A good bunch of welfare recipients here are on drugs which is why Florida wanted to institute mandatory drug testing for medicaid recipients (basically the dirt poor). The facts are there - too bad fools like you who are only interested in hurling insults cant see the sarcasm even when its pointed out to you in black and white.

this has nothing to do with how expensive the drug is or whether they lead to the same or different outcomes. Try to read before bleating next time.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by vescucci(m): 4:26am On Jul 24, 2011
Sigh
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by nellaluv(f): 5:27am On Jul 24, 2011
R.I.P, Amy Winehouse. She has always been a hot mess anyway, hope she will at least look decent on her funeral.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by slymm(f): 5:32am On Jul 24, 2011
This argument over Amy Winehouse? Ok. I almost feel no sympathy for her, she was in a society that could have given her all the help she wanted, but No! No! No!, a million horses could not have pulled her to rehab. RIP.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by coolestboy(m): 5:36am On Jul 24, 2011
Ehnehn! If she die nkó, who cares? My grandpa no die? ABEGI!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 24, 2011
Wetin kill her ?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 24, 2011
She is just anoda dead body. Who cares. All dese british people with overhyping their own. Shame on their society. Celebrating a drugs abuser n wanting the world to feel sorry for her. Bulls.h.I.t. Shee should go down 6 feets where she now belongs. She had it coming a long time.
We all knew this was how it was going to end. She knew it too! She too the easy way out. *walks out of the thread*
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Mobinga: 8:11am On Jul 24, 2011
Davidylan seems to come online only to bash posters on death threads. The girl was talented.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by UpDates1(m): 9:05am On Jul 24, 2011
eyah
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 9:36am On Jul 24, 2011
redsun:

This same way that geezers(saga) wishes man-lover dead,same way he wishes helpless junkies,driven to the extreme by the occasion of life.He thinks like a neanderthal,straight up.

You are a cretin!

Where did you see me wish poofters like you dead or even junkies dead!

Poorly educated foool! When did not having pity for irresponsible people that lose their lives equate to wishing they lose their lives? You are really that dumb?

coogar:

you are beginning to sound like an illiterate now. why seek the aid if they do not need it.
does it not occur to you these people cannot cope with the pressure they cop from their jobs, the media, etc?

You are daft!

There are occasions when other people can not cope with pressure, they don't go and use drugs. How does that mean people need drugs?

So do drug cheats in athletics need drugs because they make a choice to use it to perform as people expect?

Who is the illiterate with such simpleton thinking?

coogar:

you obviously don't know the meaning of self-control. some people take it when they get in the mood. if they party everyday for a month, they will take drugs. but, if there's no party mood for months, they will not get the urge and get along well without it. some people are wired like that.

You still want to be arguing stewpidly against science that marijuana is not addictive.

I ask you again: If people take marijuana everyday will they not be addicted?

coogar:

science cannot prove everything empirically. i am not fighting science, i am imposing common sense.

More like you are imposing daft sense!

Saying food is addictive is purely moronic!

coogar:

of course. . . . .surprised you have never heard of bulimia nervosa and you are talking about fighting science. . . .
grab a book and read!!!

What utter rubbish!

You need to go and read the difference between disorder and addiction. Your mental system of applying common sense is obviously in disorder, that does not equate to addiction.

coogar:

do i need to back this up?
you want to compare alcohol related diseases to drugs related diseases?
i give up on you - this is at best laughable.

You are a mooron. So you think you can throw a claim my way that you cannot back up and I would not ask you to? grin

So you were trying to BShit me? You were trying to BShit Sagamite? Emi Sagamite? grin grin grin Slap yourself! Hot one o! angry

coogar:

if there's no need for them, people won't get involved with it.
stop debating like an illiterate. if there's no demand, there wouldn't be a supply.
this is economics.

You are a foooooooool!

I tell you again: 99% of things in life is not harmful and addictive.

Don't ever in your daft mind compare crack to 99% of things in life again. That was daft sense!

coogar:

now your illiteracy shines through. cocaine, heroin, etc are also medicinal.
matter of fact, these same drugs are prescribed to the addicts during detoxing.

Fck me! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You are a cretin!

So prescribing something that people are addicted to when detoxing them make the drugs medicinal? What kind of dunce is this for fck sake? grin grin grin grin grin

You really a some shithead mooron!

coogar:

what makes someone alcoholic? have you ever walked in the shoes of these people to know what they feel like?

You are a dunce!

You justified taking alcohol by saying because I can do without alcohol does not mean others can not. The reason I can do without alcohol is because I don't take it. Your daft arse claims some people need alcohol and I am asking you were they born to need alcohol? Fooooooool!

coogar:

the best brains and the best talents in this world have used drugs. they are not ediots like you claim. one on one, these people will beat you hands down in an iq test. they take the drugs because they need to.

You are a mooron! Being intellectual does not mean you can not be irresponsible!

Invest in a Psychology book to stop speaking like a fooool!

coogar:

everyone's need is different and using the words "reetard, moroonic, etc" will not advance your points one jot. you just keep barking without biting and if you can open your mouth and say food is not addictive then i suggest you burn your degree certificates and start all over again.
people have sued mcdonalds and other food joints for their addiction and you are claiming food cannot be addictive. you need help!

You are a cretin!

Before I even respond to this moronic statement, let me ask you the dreaded question: Back it up. Show me where people sued mcdonald's for addiction to mcdonald's.

coogar:

this is the 3rd time of me telling you is a bit of both. they often do it to feel cool and sometimes it's because they need it.
are you dyslexic?

You are a cretin!

You claimed they needed it!

And you daft arse contradicted yourself.

No one needs crack! There is no biological urge telling you you must take crack for the first time, it is a flipping choice. Fooool!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Billionz(m): 9:38am On Jul 24, 2011
Now everyone is like 'Gosh i really liked Amy, i was a huge fan' 99% of u hvnt even played any of her songs dis yr.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2011
coogar:

sagamite is either too lunkheaded to understand or he's just on a wind-up(because he fears he has lost the argument).
not everyone that uses drugs get addicted to it. the ones who get addicted never wanted to get addicted. they lost control and got addicted.
they are helpless. all of them want to get rid of the addiction but most of them cannot.

jeeez, you might need an axe to pierce sagamite's cranium and put knowledge in there. heath ledger got addicted to sleeping pills and died as a result. should we blame him in the first place for taking medicinal drugs? is he irresponsible for taking sleeping pills? sagamite claims high iq and he thinks anyone taking any drug is irresponsible cos it can harm/kill them? at this rate i am not sure sagamite's iq is higher than the length of his nose in centimetres.

nucca just dey misyarn!

eldee:

You've switched it off again . . . repeating yourself won't help you.

Okay, I've tried alcohol/tobacco a few times, I'm not addicted . . . another person tries it the same amount of times and get hooked.
Now we both made the choice to try it, but he didn't decide to get hooked. . . that's the difference.
Why did he get hooked, these goes way beyond just choice.

Coogar used an example of over-the-counter drugs, we all take them, but some get addicted, why?? They felt like destroying their liver??
There's enough medical research to show that addiction is when the brain has been affected.

You can attempt to trivialise it as much as you want, that's your choice . . . let's just hope is your cultural/religious ideologies at work and not just you on a normal day.

eldee, you want to join in this daft attempt to compare medicinal drugs to crack?  grin Feel free, I will enjoy the process of intellectually shredding! grin

Lets go back to both of you's drug use, was it a disease that led to people taking alcohol/tobacco or personal choice?

If a person takes something that has potential to be addictive, that is harmful and they don't need it, are they not acting irresponsibly?

Is the irresponsibility not a choice, is it a disease as you claimed?

Common sense will tell you that if you don't try it, you can not be addicted? Class, I lie?

So trying it is your fault and irresponsible? Can you both applaud, please.

coogar:

jeeez, you might need an axe to pierce sagamite's cranium and put knowledge in there. heath ledger got addicted to sleeping pills and died as a result. should we blame him in the first place for taking medicinal drugs? is he irresponsible for taking sleeping pills? sagamite claims high iq and he thinks anyone taking any drug is irresponsible cos it can harm/kill them? at this rate i am not sure sagamite's iq is higher than the length of his nose in centimetres.

You are a cretin!

Where did I say anyone taking any drug is irresponsible?

Am I the foool that is comparing aspirin to crack?

And you are talking about ripping degree certificates? I want to start hearing the sound of it being shredded now!

Dumbo!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by mruwaifo(m): 9:49am On Jul 24, 2011
Really such a shame . sad
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by beknown(m): 9:57am On Jul 24, 2011
The death of Amy Winehouse should sound a message of warning to some people who abuse their bodies by way of drugs and alchohol.

I can only conclude that Amy Winehouse committed suicide because her lifestyle was deadly, to say the least. She had many opportunities to change her ways but she blew them.

Everybody has a special talent. She did not use her talent wisely.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 10:03am On Jul 24, 2011
Don't take drugs!

You do not need it, it will not help you, it is likely addictive, it is highly likely to harm you, it is more likely to destroy your life on the long run (it does not improve it), it is more likely to exacerbate your problems.

Virtually everyone in the West is well informed on that. If you decide as an adult to be irresponsible and take drugs, why should I feel sorry for you?
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by denzel2009: 10:36am On Jul 24, 2011
Ok guys, who wants to see coogar in his element cos sagamite just pulled the devils bra. Hmmm this going to be a glorious sunday!
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by redsun(m): 10:47am On Jul 24, 2011
Sagamite:

Don't take drugs!

You do not need it, it will not help you, it is likely addictive, it is highly likely to harm you, it is more likely to destroy your life on the long run (it does not improve it), it is more likely to exacerbate your problems.

Virtually everyone in the West is well informed on that. If you decide as an adult to be irresponsible and take drugs, why should I feel sorry for you?

What makes you think that her being dead is better is not better than your miserable,single minded,myopic and brainwashed life?Animal like you thinks life owe you anything,even when you are living like a zombie.
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Johnpaul2k2(m): 10:54am On Jul 24, 2011
rest in smoke and alcohol peace ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Amy Winehouse Is Dead by Sagamite(m): 10:55am On Jul 24, 2011
denzel2009:

Ok guys, who wants to see coogar in his element cos sagamite just pulled the devils bra. Hmmm this going to be a glorious sunday!

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlrM7H_WW28[/flash]

It will be fun and casual for me to conduct the shredding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (19) (Reply)

One Or More Lines Of A Song U're Feelin / Mr P Releases 'The Prodigal' Album / Naira Marley ‘LOL’ EP Tracklist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.