Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,082 members, 7,807,237 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (669900 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (525) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vahn: 11:22pm On Jun 24, 2022
graciousify:
i posted it on the group. Here are the responses i got
why are you divulging peoples mobile numbers, its unfair, you should observe decorum by blurring them out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 11:40pm On Jun 24, 2022
Ormoretayour:
Thank you, pls can u assist me with school that likely accept HND for masters.
Pls can private chat u

WVU for example. But if you can, I’d advice you do Wes evaluation. This will provide more options.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by GFavor: 12:03am On Jun 25, 2022
@Chibertha and all others who are in the US with Spouse and children I have some questions:
I have 2 kids both are citizens so I will be applying F2 for hubby but the school says show POF for every child and spouse, is this still necessary for my kids?
2. Will the VO not check my POF and say it's not enough for the whole family, though, from what I have read, hubby will say he is not staying just coming to visit with the kids when they are on holidays.
3. So, is it possible for Hubby to change status from. F2 to maybe H1B. What is the process.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by YoungChemist(m): 12:04am On Jun 25, 2022
Please admin, add me to Abuja Whatsapp group. I am resuming this August and I am yet to get a favourable date. 07033622989

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Deering1008: 1:23am On Jun 25, 2022
Hi Justwise and other gurus in the house, I need sample of motivation letter and a brief explanation of how to get masters admission with funding in the US. I’m hoping to apply for Masters in Medical coding or Public health.. [quote author=justwise post=114115612][/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UmmZayd: 2:41am On Jun 25, 2022
techkay:
Please, I need everyone' s contribution concerning my case.

I am F2 with 2 kids and our visa was delayed on 23/06/22 in Lagos.

How soon can I reapply?

The interview.

Vo: good morning ma

Me: good morning sir

Vo: pass me your documents

Me: I passed my documents

Vo: why are you going to the US

Me: I'm going to the US to support my husband who's presently studying for his PhD in the department of electrical engr. As a PhD student, my husband enrolled for some courses, he is also a GTA and teaches some undergraduate courses for his department, he also conducts research in the...... Vo cuts in

Vo. What was he doing before he traveled

Me: he is a lecturer in federal University of .......... here in Nigeria, he's currently on study leave to pursue his PhD and will definitely return after the completion of his program

Vo: what are you doing?

Me: I have been working consistently as a .............. in the university of ........ , . I'm presently in so so cadre. I've discussed my traveling plan with my employer and have agreed to acceed to my request as soon my Visa is granted

Vo. You want to stay in the US for 3 years

Me: no. I want to stay for 5years, my husband PhD program is for 6years and has spent one year already. I want to stay for the rest of his program so that I cook for him and give him emotional and moral supports he needs to finish his PhD on time so that we can both return to our places of work here in Nigeria.

Vo: what will his PhD do for him

Me: It will enable him to get promoted to the level of senior lecturer and also help him to carry out more outstanding research in his field upon his return to Nigeria

Vo. You want to leave your work for 5years?

Me: yes, I have discussed with my employer and have agreed to transfer two of my colleagues who perform similar duties with me to take up my role until I return back after the completion of my husband program

Vo: why didn't you go with him?

Me : there was a project of going on in my section at my place of work And I was in charge of the section I have to be on ground to supervise the project

Vo: Who is funding your trip?

Me: the major part of the funding is coming from GTA he receives from the University. My husband has been working consistently in Nigeria university for the past 8 years, and has been saving for the past 8years. He has worked with ..... university, he has worked with.... Vo cuts in and ask

Vo: how much was his salary?

Me: I said it

Vo: how much is your own salary?

Vo: how many siblings do you have?

Me: 2

Vo: any in the US

Me: no

Vo: how many siblings does your husband have

Me: 4

Vo types for long and issue a blue paper saying sorry you are not qualify for us Visa at the moment, you can try again in the future.

Please what has gone wrong here?
And how soon can I reapply?
How do I answer what has changed?

I am seriously down since yesterday, please help me out.

Okay. I'm not sure you did a mock interview with anyone or you read previous F2 transcript but what exactly do you intend to do in the US for 5 years like what exactly?? Have it in mind that F2 can't work so you will literally be sleeping and waking up for 5 yrs?? Haba now!!

Please review your length of stay please. What a golden opportunity....

7 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UmmZayd: 2:45am On Jun 25, 2022
Maxidooo1990:

1. Staying with your husband for five years, no, that's a mistake.
2. Leaving your job for five years, not that you're going for studies. That's a red flag.
3. You didn't move with him while he was going.
4. GTA is just for your husband's upkeep. Saying you using that too for yours is some kind of confusing.

I will advise you follow the advice above, if actually it was you that was quoted.

Reason why I'll always suggest any funded F1 student with f2 should apply together.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AyTech11: 4:54am On Jun 25, 2022
Please we need more of undergraduate Visa transcript oOoOO please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Obier: 6:02am On Jun 25, 2022
YoungChemist:
Please admin, add me to Abuja Whatsapp group. I am resuming this August and I am yet to get a favourable date. 07033622989

Pls add me to Abuja date search group........ 08032091008
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by pompeiimagnus: 6:25am On Jun 25, 2022
See responses:

1. Since you are applying for a student visa, you must show POF for your kids and spouse if they will be accompanying you. There’s no way around this unless you are a PR or citizen.

2. Your school can give you a breakdown of the POF required for each child and/or spouse. You need this POF for both the I-20 & visa interview.

3. I told someone here to be mindful of advising people that they can just change status, but he fought me over this. Your husband needs a company to sponsor him for the H1B work visa in March 2023, if he gets picked in the lottery he can then adjust status in October 2023. The H1B lottery is always drawn in March, so the company must register him before then. I’m not going to lie, getting H1B sponsorship from F2 is going to be really hard.

GFavor:
@Chibertha and all others who are in the US with Spouse and children I have some questions:
I have 2 kids both are citizens so I will be applying F2 for hubby but the school says show POF for every child and spouse, is this still necessary for my kids?
2. Will the VO not check my POF and say it's not enough for the whole family, though, from what I have read, hubby will say he is not staying just coming to visit with the kids when they are on holidays.
3. So, is it possible for Hubby to change status from. F2 to maybe H1B. What is the process.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Hueyreckless0007: 6:37am On Jun 25, 2022
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by eskimoeze: 7:12am On Jun 25, 2022
Nozino:

I got admitted into PhD programs with HND. There are several Unis that will accept HND into Msc direct. Some will ask for credential evaluation and you can use WES.
is it really possible to get MSc or PhD with HND? Please explain more and if possible tell us the name of the schools
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EMDEEKAY: 7:37am On Jun 25, 2022
Please add me to Lagos Search group for visa application date on WhatsApp- 08165617523. I'm supposed to resume in August
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keren12: 7:53am On Jun 25, 2022
Good morning family and friends, please I need answers to these Questions

1. is it possible to get funding without GRE in spring?

2. Can 2.2 of 3.09 get admission in the USA for masters?

3. If I write GRE do I stand a better chance for funding in spring intake?

4. What schools do you suggest?

I am sorry if the question annoys you. I don't have an Idea that's why I am asking to know my stands from the experience once

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Beeke01: 8:06am On Jun 25, 2022
Please add me to Abuja date search
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Deestickss: 8:39am On Jun 25, 2022
Please add me to Lagos dates search group. Please. 07068210764. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by obajoey(m): 8:51am On Jun 25, 2022
Pls I am filling a form online and they asked for my favourite candy/snacks, I don't know the snacks or candy they have there, let me not go and mention gala o cheesy

Pls, I need help.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by abubaka101: 9:53am On Jun 25, 2022
Hi,

Does anyone have the link to the group chat or could you add my number?

abubaka101:
Hi guys,

Could you add me to the WhatsApp groups for Abuja and Lagos interview dates? My number is +2348115718699. Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rextonMD: 10:32am On Jun 25, 2022
Please could you assist me in adding me to the WhatsApp group for appointment dates in Abuja or share the link with me.

My number is 08134066737. Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by NUELUSA2023: 10:40am On Jun 25, 2022
If you have intentions for Fall 2023 especially for PhD, please let's connect so we can share ideas.

Good Luck to all

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Anfieldboss: 11:14am On Jun 25, 2022
NUELUSA2023:
If you have intentions for Fall 2023 especially for PhD, please let's connect so we can share ideas.

Good Luck to all

From your moniker, You just might be my namesake.

I'm working towards PhD Fall 2023 also.

My discipline is Electrical Engineering. At the moment I am preparing for my GRE and it has really been demanding. Combining work, family and trying to study has not been easy, but God has been helping me.

I will be taking my GRE August, If you're taking the test we can connect.

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CHAIRMAN1(m): 11:31am On Jun 25, 2022
Amen. I'll also share mine after my visa interview in less than a couple of months time in Jesus name, Amen.
Teejay13:
Good to be here....

As I look forward to sharing my success story on this part 17 of the US study visa thread.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teejay13(m): 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2022
CHAIRMAN1:
Amen. I'll also share mine after my visa interview in less than a couple of months time in Jesus name, Amen.

Good luck, I wish you all the best.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Aba1988(m): 12:29pm On Jun 25, 2022
techkay:
Please, I need everyone' s contribution concerning my case.

I am F2 with 2 kids and our visa was delayed on 23/06/22 in Lagos.

How soon can I reapply?

The interview.

Vo: good morning ma

Me: good morning sir

Vo: pass me your documents

Me: I passed my documents

Vo: why are you going to the US

Me: I'm going to the US to support my husband who's presently studying for his PhD in the department of electrical engr. As a PhD student, my husband enrolled for some courses, he is also a GTA and teaches some undergraduate courses for his department, he also conducts research in the...... Vo cuts in

Vo. What was he doing before he traveled

Me: he is a lecturer in federal University of .......... here in Nigeria, he's currently on study leave to pursue his PhD and will definitely return after the completion of his program

Vo: what are you doing?

Me: I have been working consistently as a .............. in the university of ........ , . I'm presently in so so cadre. I've discussed my traveling plan with my employer and have agreed to acceed to my request as soon my Visa is granted

Vo. You want to stay in the US for 3 years

Me: no. I want to stay for 5years, my husband PhD program is for 6years and has spent one year already. I want to stay for the rest of his program so that I cook for him and give him emotional and moral supports he needs to finish his PhD on time so that we can both return to our places of work here in Nigeria.

Vo: what will his PhD do for him

Me: It will enable him to get promoted to the level of senior lecturer and also help him to carry out more outstanding research in his field upon his return to Nigeria

Vo. You want to leave your work for 5years?

Me: yes, I have discussed with my employer and have agreed to transfer two of my colleagues who perform similar duties with me to take up my role until I return back after the completion of my husband program

Vo: why didn't you go with him?

Me : there was a project of going on in my section at my place of work And I was in charge of the section I have to be on ground to supervise the project

Vo: Who is funding your trip?

Me: the major part of the funding is coming from GTA he receives from the University. My husband has been working consistently in Nigeria university for the past 8 years, and has been saving for the past 8years. He has worked with ..... university, he has worked with.... Vo cuts in and ask

Vo: how much was his salary?

Vo: how much is your own salary?

Vo: how many siblings do you have?

Me: 2

Vo: how many siblings does your husband have

Me: 4

Vo types for long and issue a blue paper saying sorry you are not qualify for us Visa at the moment, you can try again in the future.

Please what has gone wrong here?
And how soon can I reapply?
How do I answer what has changed?

I am seriously down since yesterday, please help me out.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Aba1988(m): 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2022
[quote author=Aba1988 you don't need to feel down similar thing happened to me and have reapply again my interview has been fixed,so you are going to is to reapply again in two months Time.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2022
Application Fee Waived for Rest of Fall Application Period

Hi ,

In our continuing commitment to value and affordability, Illinois Tech is pleased to announce that we have waived the application fee for the remainder of the fall 2022 application period.

We encourage you to complete your Illinois Tech application as soon as possible to take advantage of this fee waiver. Application deadlines are rapidly approaching, especially for international students, whose application deadline is July 1, 2022.

Illinois Tech provides our students with a world-class, global graduate education. Our one-of-a-kind Elevate program empowers our graduate students with guaranteed hands-on experiences. These experiences—internships, research, competitions, short courses, and more—give you the twenty-first century skills that work hand-in-hand with your graduate education to make you uniquely career-ready. You’ll also receive personalized mentorship from a team of academic and career advisers who will help you create your own pathway from coursework to your profession.

Apply To Illinois Tech TODAY

Our team of admission experts can answer questions you may have about the enrollment process. Contact us at grad.admission@iit.edu.

Sincerely,

Arveal Drummer
Director, Graduate Admission
Illinois Institute of Technology
adrummer@iit.edu

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by rextonMD: 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2022
Please house I have a question, when a school says that you submit a Proof of Funds via an Account Statement, and the account statement must validate at least $22,980USD (~ #10million), does this mean your account closing balance must be at least that amount, or they're interested in the cash flow of the account??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (525) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9

Viewing this topic: Lifeisforliving, dgee1(m), MrRoYCe(m), miles676, dest4real(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.