Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,346 members, 7,780,929 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 05:42 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (639102 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (502) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by samhardy: 9:06am On Jan 05, 2023
chibertha:
Looks like funding is the issue here.
If you don't mind apply to my school Marshall university the same department.

https://www.marshall.edu/academics/programs/mathematics-ma/

You are guaranteed a 100% fee waiver plus a $12/hrs stipend.

https://www.marshall.edu/math/graduate/assistantships/

Message the graduate coordinator and chair of the department.
They are in dire need of master's students as the last 2 just graduated in December 2022.

Goodluck

Thank u so much for this. I will work on it right away. Am so sorry for late reply, this xperience jst made me weak ABIT n stayed off internet 4 awhile. But am better now. Will chk out f school now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by samhardy: 9:27am On Jan 05, 2023
BigIyanga:

So you had a visa interview on Jan 1st, 2023?

Omohhh, na typo error. I had to gather strength to post it after the unpleasant outcome. It should be 3rd boss
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by samhardy: 9:28am On Jan 05, 2023
BigIyanga:

It seems she made her decision to deny based on funding.
Try next time… but try and get an audited profit and loss statement of your dad’s company for like 6 months prior . Get his FIRS tax certificate clearance as well. Package everything with your income. Whenever it comes to funding questions, suffocate them with enough legit docs. Good luck

Ok. Thank u so much
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by hammed71(m): 10:13am On Jan 05, 2023
Good morning guys is it adviceable to apply for may 2023 intake now or I should just focus on fall 2023, thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Najdorf: 10:54am On Jan 05, 2023
samhardy:
Visa delayed
1/1/23
Lagos embassy
2nd attempt
Had 50% funding on my i-20
Deficit $14k
MSc in mathematics

Was interviewed by the VO by the last window

VO: Good morning
Me: Good morning ma, happy new year

We both smiled to each other & she answered my greetings. I passed her my i-20 & passport

She was looking at my i-20 and began typing for like 10secs

Me: would you love us to tlk abt my course?

Vo: Don't wrry

Vo: I can see you have a partial scholarship of $15k, so tell me how would you be covering this deficit of $14k

Me: my loving dad ABC, the CEO of ABC will be covering my deficit. He makes an annual income of 98m.....

VO cuts in: I knw your dad has a company what does the company does?

Me: His company is into managing, planning & designing building project for public & private firm

She began typing as she heard building project cus she echoed it back...

I continued by saying, I also have a full paid study leave from my current organisation which I brought out n wave to her to see it. I also have a personal savings of 1.8m from my salary I would be using for miscellaneous expenses. (It was on my i-20 so I had to say it)

VO types for long

Vo: When did u finish bsc?

Me: 2019

VO: which school

Me: Federal uni of technology, ABC. She began typing... I told her that I also work at my Alma mater as a Graduate teaching assistant. Then I asked her, if she would love to hear my job role

VO: don't worry, if I need that info, I would ask u

She jst kept typing n smiling

Next was srry, u r not qualified 4 a visa at this time.
Transcript analysts over to you. What went wrong here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ambycris2020: 10:59am On Jan 05, 2023
Good morning friends.please I need an advice on how to go about in processing my visa.i got an admission to study MBA at Chatham university Pittsburgh U.S.A. for fall 2023.I contacted the school and they said dey wud send me my i-20 soon.So I want to know when dey send the i-20.what will be the next step to go about in processing the visa.thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krissconnect(m): 12:13pm On Jan 05, 2023
Capitalbase:
Please can somebody reply me atleast...I am still waiting for admission offer from the following schools,
University of Missouri
Iowa State University
University of North Carolina
The admission is for PhD fall 2023.
Please, has anybody in my shoe been issued admission in that category.

Best Regards
Ive BN offered to study industrial management in university of central Missouri, I'm supposed to start this Jan 7 but couldn't get interview date in dec. I shifted to falls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by EstherOA: 1:33pm On Jan 05, 2023
Kingju:

Sorry, sometimes it happens, reprepare and give it a try again.

First possible error, you're switching from Biotechnology to Management, the two courses don't really match, your current work field is off what you studied, also I don't think you gave her reason as to why you decided to switch. Another is, I don't think you should bother yourself with telling her what you graduated with, since she didn't directly ask for that.

I disagree with this feedback. But thanks
Second possible error, the finialcial part I feel the answer is a bit vaporized, you should have included some possible figures and expand your reply.

I might be wrong sha, but if I ever get rejected, I will ask the VO why I was rejected before leaving.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by infosoftlife: 1:43pm On Jan 05, 2023
Ambycris2020:
Good morning friends.please I need an advice on how to go about in processing my visa.i got an admission to study MBA at Chatham university Pittsburgh U.S.A. for fall 2023.I contacted the school and they said dey wud send me my i-20 soon.So I want to know when dey send the i-20.what will be the next step to go about in processing the visa.thanks

Pay your sevis fee ($350)
Fill out the DS-160 form
Pay for your visa ($160)
Book an appointment with the embassy
Go for your interview appointment.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Unlimitedojay: 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
Hello Nairalander, my sister has HND in dental therapy and came out with upper credit with cpga 3.51 which possible course can she pick if she want to go to USA and the process of sending her transcripts to WES and then they said she will do exam GRE , like how much will it cost to do masters in USA and other processing thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Unlimitedojay: 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2023
Is this school okay for someone that has hnd with upper credit in dentist ? And the tuition fees is kinda much ooo

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Cityboy123: 2:57pm On Jan 05, 2023
justwise:

What do you do for a living?
Student and self employed. Doing my master in IT at one of the university in Eastern Europe. Lol USA appointment date just dey waste here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:07pm On Jan 05, 2023
EbenezerAyomide:

What of the second question?
What's the perfect answer i can give for this?

my visa interview date is on January 11th while school start date is on jan 9th,please,what perfect answer can I say inorder to escape the questions in this part?
Much thanks in anticipation everyone �
Can you ask school if you can still register if you arrive 1wk or 2wks late?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2023
Unlimitedojay:
Hello Nairalander, my sister has HND in dental therapy and came out with upper credit with cpga 3.51 which possible course can she pick if she want to go to USA and the process of sending her transcripts to WES and then they said she will do exam GRE , like how much will it cost to do masters in USA and other processing thank you
Use Google and search schools..then ask them those questions .. or you can contact most of these schools in this discussion forum you’re following. Too many school have been mentioned here. Dont be lazy in 2023. Why cant your sister do it??
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by BigIyanga: 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
Ambycris2020:
They may require you to pay for Sevis before sending form I-20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2023
BigIyanga:

Use Google and search schools..then ask them those questions .. or you can contact most of these schools in this discussion forum you’re following. Too many school have been mentioned here. Dont be lazy in 2023. Why cant your sister do it??

Thank you for this question. I believe the sister doesn’t know how to use the internet. Besides, OP will also navigate the entire visa process, school process, opt/H1b and even attend the visa interview for her.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Somatohadidas(m): 4:36pm On Jan 05, 2023
BigIyanga:

They may require you to pay for Sevis before sending form I-20.

Pay for SEVIS before handing out the I-20?

Who would require that?

As far as I know, proof of funding (assistantship/fellowship/statement of account/how he/she is goingto fund the study) is the only thing that would be required in order to release the I-20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Somatohadidas(m): 4:42pm On Jan 05, 2023
Ambycris2020:

After admission (and funding for those who need it), and you've decided where you want to go:

✅ Request for your i-20 from your school. Some give one or both of soft/hard copy, and you might pay shipping fee for hardcopy in some schools ($50 - $100). You'll usually supply details of passport page, ability to cover cost like funding letter or bank statement, etc. for this.

✅ Get the i-20. I'll suggest you request the e-copy even if the school wants to send hardcopy, so that you can use the details to book your visa interview while awaiting the hard copy. A4 printed of i-20 is acceptable at embassy. After i-20, the next 3 items can be in any order.

✅ Start filling your DS-160 form online at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ . You can use this video as a guide when filling it: https://www.facebook.com/287980197932222/videos/318718789713853

✅ Create a CGI profile at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp and pay for your visa fee, costs #67,200 with GT Bank, and book your date at your desired location if an available one shows.

✅ Pay Sevis fee. You can create a coupon at fmjfee.com but someone in the US has to pay it for you. It costs $350, but there might be a $10 processing fee and people's dollar rates differ. So expect a wide range when converted. To be safe, the payment must be confirmed at least 72 hours prior to your interview.

✅ Prepare for your interview and ace it.✌�

✅ Book your flight, typical ranges can cost from 250k - 400k for cheapest ones depending on location, or go for the more expensive and comfortable ones.

Good luck.�

*Copied*.

12 Likes 9 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by studyless123: 4:48pm On Jan 05, 2023
TWoods:

The level of misplaced arrogance… for someone who has never faced a VO for a student visa interview and can’t get himself a school for study… grin grin

To the person whose visa was denied, please ignore much of the nonsense here.

1. She’s going for an MBA, considering the job she described, this fits. She describes being the managing director of a private company, getting an MBA would make perfect sense. The issue of courses matching doesn’t really apply… even doctors earn MBAs here.

2. The response to the financial part is confusing. What does it mean for an answer to be “vaporized”? The OP’s mother earns more than enough to cover an $18,000 deficit.

The most likely reason for the refusal is one the OP herself mentioned. Her visa interview was on the 4th and her orientation is on the 7th. There is no way to grant her a visa in time for her to meet that date. She would simply be turned back at the point of entry. She should have asked the school to give her a letter extending her start date and included that with her I-20.

No, VOs never tell you why you were rejected, they tell you to read the rejection letter they give you.

This is the danger with people thinking they know more than they do, simply because they read a few transcripts.

grin grin grin
Well, everyone has become transcript analysts. What do you expect since all of us are ex-vos? Most times, I just laugh reading these analysis. I need it because my work is mentally demanding.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Somatohadidas(m): 4:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
The rate at which they ignorantly misinform others is alarming.

It is here I see people yet to get admission dishing out Visa interview advice.

Very pathetic.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TWoods(m): 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2023
EbenezerAyomide:

What of the second question?
What's the perfect answer i can give for this?

my visa interview date is on January 11th while school start date is on jan 9th,please,what perfect answer can I say inorder to escape the questions in this part?
Much thanks in anticipation everyone �

Get the school to issue you a formal letter extending your start date by at least 2 weeks. As it stands, you will be denied a visa as it’s too late for CBP to grant you entry.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Olawrites: 5:29pm On Jan 05, 2023
Somatohadidas:

After admission (and funding for those who need it), and you've decided where you want to go:

✅ Request for your i-20 from your school. Some give one or both of soft/hard copy, and you might pay shipping fee for hardcopy in some schools ($50 - $100). You'll usually supply details of passport page, ability to cover cost like funding letter or bank statement, etc. for this.

✅ Get the i-20. I'll suggest you request the e-copy even if the school wants to send hardcopy, so that you can use the details to book your visa interview while awaiting the hard copy. A4 printed of i-20 is acceptable at embassy. After i-20, the next 3 items can be in any order.

✅ Start filling your DS-160 form online at https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ . You can use this video as a guide when filling it: https://www.facebook.com/287980197932222/videos/318718789713853

✅ Create a CGI profile at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-appointmentschedule.asp and pay for your visa fee, costs #67,200 with GT Bank, and book your date at your desired location if an available one shows.

✅ Pay Sevis fee. You can create a coupon at fmjfee.com but someone in the US has to pay it for you. It costs $350, but there might be a $10 processing fee and people's dollar rates differ. So expect a wide range when converted. To be safe, the payment must be confirmed at least 72 hours prior to your interview.

✅ Book your flight, typical ranges can cost from 250k - 400k for cheapest ones depending on location, or go for the more expensive and comfortable ones.

Good luck.�

*Copied*.

Very timely information. Thank you for this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zbk001: 6:24pm On Jan 05, 2023
good evening all, can one obtain scholarship to study in USA, I have B.sc in Accountancy in University of Nigeria (UNN)
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ambycris2020: 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2023
Somatohadidas:

Pay for SEVIS before handing out the I-20?

Who would require that?

As far as I know, proof of funding (assistantship/fellowship/statement of account/how he/she is goingto fund the study) is the only thing that would be required in order to release the I-20.

I have already been granted my funds approval by mpower.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fawaz12345: 7:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
Nozino:

You’re young, been to the US and didn’t over stay. Seems you can afford it too. There’s every chance you’d get the visa especially if you get into a proper university. A CC will only reduce your chances. Add your previous Canadian student visa refusals and you understand that your best bet will be to get admission into a 4year program.

Thanks for your advice i really appreciate ,next step now is to write SAT for applying to a good university not community college. Meanwhile how do i add my previous canadian student visa refusals is it in the Ds-160 or when it’s time to go for interview i’ll inform the VO?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by deyeancah(m): 7:56pm On Jan 05, 2023
Called the embassy and was told even if you pay a new mrv fee you have to wait three months before you can reapply for emergency. A new law or something she said.
Bulletproof:

Was your emergency request now granted.

Been trying same in lagos and getting similar feedback.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ambycris2020: 8:38pm On Jan 05, 2023
[quote author=BigIyanga post=119741216]
They may require you to pay for Sevis before sending form I-20. Ok
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ambycris2020: 8:44pm On Jan 05, 2023
Somatohadidas:

Good luck.�

*Copied*.
Thank u very much I really appreciate it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Fawaz12345: 8:53pm On Jan 05, 2023
BigIyanga:

Having a relative on FI with good academic standing is not going affect your chances….
But why CC? Did your sister and bro go thru CC route? If yes, how long ago?
With Japa wave in Naija, CC route really reduces your chance.
Thanks for your response, my brother and sister didn’t go to the Community College Route they both went to a proper university

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (502) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.