Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (347) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (671533 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (526) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chekz169: 7:07am On Jun 01, 2023
hello guys. I need a help on this….

emergency appointment was approved. but then it’s still showing no date. Who has encounter this before… Any idea?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by logoscope(m): 7:35am On Jun 01, 2023
BigIyanga:

Are you dealing with an agent or doing the submission by yourself?
By myself
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ndnice: 12:06pm On Jun 01, 2023
Good day all.

Please what chances do i have using a maternal uncle as sponsor for Bachelors degree?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Beress(m): 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2023
TEMIT0PE:
Get i-20 from school > Pay your SEVIS fee > Fill Ds-160 > Pay for visa fee > schedule Visa interview.

Pls what's SEVIS fee I'm a novice here sad
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by itoski(m): 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2023
Beress:

Pls, what's SEVIS fee I'm a novice here sad

There are somethings you can GOOGLE.
Hope you are not a novice to GOOGLE.

9 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Beress(m): 2:27pm On Jun 01, 2023
Olawrites:

And my Graduate Assistantship finally came covering my tuition and some stipends. I said it!!! Thank you God.

Last week I went to Abuja embassy and was delayed, the VO rushed me and didn't allow me talk well. Just scrolling through my school email today and I found the good news of my assistantship.

Pls can we have the names of the schools you applied to and maybe their requirements. Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Clems81: 2:41pm On Jun 01, 2023
Good day,
Please house, what are chances of getting my visa approved using your uncle or student loan as a lecturer going for a Ph.D program without funding. I need your comments ASAP.
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by 8Miles(m): 3:38pm On Jun 01, 2023
I'm having the same problem,
chekz169:

emergency appointment was approved. but then it’s still showing no date. Who has encounter this before… Any idea?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TEMIT0PE: 3:41pm On Jun 01, 2023
Omo. Considering most Ph.Ds come with funding, it's going to be hard o but not impossible if the deficit isn't so high. As a current Lecturer, are you going on a sabatical for this degree ? If yes, that could be a strong point to counter the disadvantage of not getting funding.
Do you still have other open Ph.D applications ? If yes, maybe wait a little to see if any of them will come with funding.

Clems81:
Good day,
Please house, what are chances of getting my visa approved using your uncle or student loan as a lecturer going for a Ph.D program without funding. I need your comments ASAP.
Thanks.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Sharon8: 4:22pm On Jun 01, 2023
logoscope:
Good day everyone. It's been a really long time I visited nairaland. But of recent, the university I've been trying to apply to has rejected the two bank statements I submitted to them.

Anyone experiencing the same with schools they are trying to apply to in the US?

Thanks.

Ensure the bank statements you are submitting are stamped and signed by a bank official.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by iamseun01(m): 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hello Guru in the House,

Please I need some assistance regarding my current situation. I have recently been accepted into Central Michigan University for the Master of Arts program in Broadcast & Cinematic Arts, with a focus on Electronics Media Management.

To provide some background, I hold a Bachelor of Arts degree in Creative Multimedia Technology, and I completed my Master of Education in Multimedia last September. Currently, I am pursuing a Ph.D. in Instruction Media in Asia, and I am in my first semester. However, I have decided to temporarily pause my Ph.D. program and pursue the MA program instead.

I will be self-sponsoring my studies at Central Michigan University.

We have a Prints and Media Production Company in Nigeria, is a family business, my brother is the director. I contribute to the company as a part-time visual designer, working remotely.

As for my family ties, I am not married, but I have a daughter who stays with her grandmother.

I kindly request information regarding my chances of success, as well as advice on the types of interview questions I should prepare for. If anyone has sample interview question transcripts, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lov410: 7:03pm On Jun 01, 2023
Hello house,

I received 15,000 scholarship

My uncle is my sponsor $56,000

Mpower loan of 49,000 ( personal funds)

SCHOOL- Cornell University ( Do I still mention Mpower at the visa interview as part of how I plan on funding

Course: Health informatics (1 year)

Currently a pharmacist

Guys please I need suggestions please 🙏
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Dgabby01: 7:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
Good day everyone! Please if I submit my DS 160 and retrieve it by creating a new application... Will the vo have access to the other one I made a mistake in?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 7:37pm On Jun 01, 2023
Dgabby01:
Good day everyone! Please if I submit my DS 160 and retrieve it by creating a new application... Will the vo have access to the other one I made a mistake in?
No, only the DS 160 on your appointment slip

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by yinkhar(f): 7:38pm On Jun 01, 2023
Lov410:
Hello house,

SCHOOL- Cornell University ( Do I still mention Mpower at the visa interview as part of how I plan on funding

Currently a pharmacist

I would suggest you only mention your uncle with your funding
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by AZzoe: 8:46pm On Jun 01, 2023
chekz169:

Sorry to ask... please when did you apply, if you don't mind?
Thank you so much 🙏🏽
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Zihno: 8:51pm On Jun 01, 2023
Clems81:
Good day,
Thanks.

PhD without funding?? Don’t try it!!! I’m speaking from experience. Better ask your school to admit you into their masters program. FYI- most loan companies do not sponsor PhD programs.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Beress(m): 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
Clems81:
Good day,
Thanks.

I think being a Lecturer gives you more chances of getting Ph.D with funding. Why not take your time see if you can. Again, do you have publications yet?. That could give you some advantage too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TenaciousOrphan: 10:44pm On Jun 01, 2023
Clems81:
Good day,
Thanks.

For Ph.D why not get funding. Is 5 years ooo. Post your profile may be you can be assisted with schools and materials that can get you funding for your Ph.D.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by orimahspence: 6:39am On Jun 02, 2023
BeeT:
I am so sorry about your friend. If and when your friend is sure of their unavailability to attend the appointment, she could have periodically be on the lookout for future dates that are before August but later than May and reschedule. But since time is not on her side anymore, if she could swap dates with someone with a later appointment that is before August. Otherwise, last option would be to cancel the appointment last minute and be on the lookout for dates subsequently ( ps: I am in need of a Lagos date as my start date is June, so if your friend is willing to help, please let me know)

How do you swap a date ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ovwe: 8:55am On Jun 02, 2023
Hi guys!

Please, I'm new here and I need a guide especially in mock. Can someone please add me to a mock WhatsApp or Telegram group? Please 🙏

+2347036844337
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Specgal: 9:04am On Jun 02, 2023
Hi guys please can I get a reply I am struck here in my ds-160 attachment below

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by ndnice: 9:24am On Jun 02, 2023
Hello Good morning all,

Please kindly add me up to US f1 travel group as am planning to go for another interview at the embassy so i need help and ideas

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by engr2yen: 12:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
Please house,I am trying to schedule visa appointment as a regular,but I can't find any dates showing,after submitting if only says" your request to schedule an appointment has been received and will be reviewed,you will receive an email once your request is approved". I don't know what else to do and my time is running out. Any ideas please help.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by funnix: 12:23pm On Jun 02, 2023
Good afternoon everyone,
I want to know if somebody can help collect your passport on your behalf at the embassy . If yes, what are the procedures ?please ..Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by itoski(m): 1:00pm On Jun 02, 2023
funnix:
Good afternoon everyone,
I want to know if somebody can help collect your passport on your behalf at the embassy . If yes, what are the procedures ?please ..Thank you

Where you given the white slip? If yes refer to it. The instructions are there. Fill out the form and the passport holder and proxy have to sign it.
Whoever is collecting on your behalf needs the signed proxy letter, the appointment letter with barcode sticker, and an original copy of govt issued ID.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by sheepheart(f): 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2023
Lov410:
Hello house,

Currently a pharmacist

Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Myxyz(f): 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2023
Kindly add me to the group also
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ipheoluwa1: 2:02pm On Jun 02, 2023
Please kindly add me to abuja mock group
My interview is on the 21th of this month
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by TenaciousOrphan: 3:41pm On Jun 02, 2023
Ipheoluwa1:
Please kindly add me to abuja mock group
My interview is on the 21th of this month

Please how did you get that date? Did you request for emergency appointment? Please I have been searching for Abuja date since.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Ipheoluwa1: 4:34pm On Jun 02, 2023
[quote author=TenaciousOrphan post=123531400]

Yes it was EA

(1) (2) (3) ... (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) ... (526) (Reply)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy.

Viewing this topic: Grit2943(m), simplesss and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.