Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,155 members, 7,780,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:50 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (638335 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Marvel95(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2022
zellfoxx:

Unfortunately, you may have to settle for that date or keep checking the CGI portal for an earlier date. You may be fortunate to secure and earlier appointment.

Going forward, applicants should try to take note of holiday dates on the ustraveldocs website before scheduling an appointment.

Ok thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keren12: 1:58pm On Jun 26, 2022
Is still requesting for $100 application fee. How did you apply?
chibertha:
Application Fee Waived for Rest of Fall Application Period

Hi ,

In our continuing commitment to value and affordability, Illinois Tech is pleased to announce that we have waived the application fee for the remainder of the fall 2022 application period.

We encourage you to complete your Illinois Tech application as soon as possible to take advantage of this fee waiver. Application deadlines are rapidly approaching, especially for international students, whose application deadline is July 1, 2022.

Illinois Tech provides our students with a world-class, global graduate education. Our one-of-a-kind Elevate program empowers our graduate students with guaranteed hands-on experiences. These experiences—internships, research, competitions, short courses, and more—give you the twenty-first century skills that work hand-in-hand with your graduate education to make you uniquely career-ready. You’ll also receive personalized mentorship from a team of academic and career advisers who will help you create your own pathway from coursework to your profession.

Apply To Illinois Tech TODAY

Our team of admission experts can answer questions you may have about the enrollment process. Contact us at grad.admission@iit.edu.

Sincerely,

Arveal Drummer
Director, Graduate Admission
Illinois Institute of Technology
adrummer@iit.edu
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Schrodinger2(m): 2:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
Lord3point5:
I just found strength to write this. grin
Please I need help on this.

VO: Okay. Let’s talk about this deficit. Who will be paying the $27000?
Me: (I felt there was no need to talk about the yearly scholarship of $18000 since he asked about the deficit only) Besides the scholarship, my uncle will be responsible for the remaining costs.
VO: Who is he to you?
Me: (Shocked by the question) He is my uncle. My dad’s younger brother.
VO: What does he do?
Me: His company, ******, is a major distributor of engine lubricants for Total Energies and Mobil Oil. Also, he owns some properties that are on rent in Lagos and Ogun states for both commercial and residential purposes. (The VO typed as I spoke at this point)
Me: *I continued speaking to avoid the silence* He has been involved with my education is primary school as I am his favorite nephew and the oldest. He was influential in my choice of undergraduate school where he also graduated from in 1995. So, when I told him I was offered a 70% yearly tuition, he was willing to help me maximize the opportunity by supporting me financially.
(VO kept typing then he just stretched his hand towards the blue paper section. At this point, I muttered “God” and went blank. I honestly didn’t hear the first part of what he said. It most probably would have been around “…not qualified today…”.
As I was about taking the paper from him, I looked at him and he said, “ask for more scholarship”.)

I have reached out to the school, and I was told that’s the most scholarship they give to international student and the department has no funding to add now. GAs and TAs are for PhD students but can be lobbied for when in school.
I am thinking of requesting for anther I-20 from my school and including personal funds alongside my uncle’s. My uncle’s SOA had more than the deficit, but I didn’t get to present it at the interview. This is just to show there’s been a difference since my last interview. I intend to apply to Abuja this time.

I need advice on the possible next step. I just want to know if there are other things I am missing.
Thank you and God bless.

Solution: it's either you get a better funding with less deficit or non at all. You didn't convince the VO enough that your uncle has the means to sponsor you. It could have been easier if your sponsor was your Father as $27K is no small bill from an extended family.

I don't see how $18k is 70% of your total tuition and living expenses, yet your deficit was well above that.

VO: Who's paying the bill?
You: (Give a comprehensive answer. Don't let him ask questions one after the other like you let him did).....it doesn't look like you were prepared that way.

Apart from the $18k tuition waiver, I will be sponsored by my uncle Mr. ABC who is the CEO of XYZ, a company that majorly distributes engine lubricant...... Also, he's a real estate entrepreneur that has sold several landed properties..... In all, he has about 100 employees in both of his ventures.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Schrodinger2(m): 2:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
TimePiece:

Yes, it has and in a substantial way.
I DMed you.
Pls reply.
Replied.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vikrex: 3:59pm On Jun 26, 2022
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

This is to say a big thank you to all the great contributors to this group, helping people solve their hard troubles and questions. No one is paying you, but may God reward you all.

Please kindly add me to Abuja date alert group. Abeg o, my date is ahead of my start date
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Bimffo(m): 3:59pm On Jun 26, 2022
abubaka101:

Follow this instruction to join the group:

Quote this post like you want to respond to it, then copy this link https:///LJlrPrHdtsaFjCfDWvvxZR and paste it on a new tab. Nairaland crops out some part of the link, so you'll only see http://LJlrPrHdtsaFjCfDWvvxZR, so you need to quote the post to see the full link.

It'll show you the WhatsApp group, click on "join".

Bro. Abeg. Help me with the link again.

Please. Them don change group link. I use God beg you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lord3point5: 5:24pm On Jun 26, 2022
Schrodinger2:

Solution: it's either you get a better funding with less deficit or non at all. You didn't convince the VO enough that your uncle has the means to sponsor you. It could have been easier if your sponsor was your Father as $27K is no small bill from an extended family.

I don't see how $18k is 70% of your total tuition and living expenses, yet your deficit was well about that.

VO: Who's paying the bill?
You: (Give a comprehensive answer. Don't let him ask questions one after the other like you let him did).....it doesn't look like you were prepared that way.

Apart from the $18k tuition waiver, I will be sponsored by my uncle Mr. ABC who is the CEO of XYZ, a company that majorly distributes engine lubricant...... Also, he's a real estate entrepreneur that has sold several landed properties..... In all, he has about 100 employees in both of his ventures.

Thank you very much for your reply.
I sent you a DM.
Please reply.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Vikrex: 6:16pm On Jun 26, 2022
abubaka101:

Quote this post like you want to respond to it, then copy this link https:///LJlrPrHdtsaFjCfDWvvxZR and paste it on a new tab. Nairaland crops out some part of the link, so you'll only see http://LJlrPrHdtsaFjCfDWvvxZR, so you need to quote the post to see the full link.

YES BOSS, the link has been reset, I can't join with it

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teeeefarrr: 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kindly add me in the WhatsApp group for august(Lagos) resumption +234 809 552 2491
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Teeeefarrr: 6:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
abubaka101:

The link is not opening please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by westergreen: 6:27pm On Jun 26, 2022
am in need of an interview date. someone should please add me to the Lagos whatsapp group. thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by westergreen: 6:30pm On Jun 26, 2022
westergreen:
am in need of an interview date. someone should please add me to the Lagos whatsapp group. thanks

my whatsapp number is 08064676786.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by westergreen: 7:16pm On Jun 26, 2022
please, my resumption date is august 3rd and my request for an emergency interview is not yet answered. someone should please add me to Lagos whatsapp group so i can see if i can get an early date. 08064676786
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tinafusty: 7:20pm On Jun 26, 2022
UmmZayd:

If it's more than 6months, you can choose regular. About the other opinion, well some people were sent back last week for not answering that question correctly. I can't say you should choose regular and I can't say if you shouldn't.

Best of luck
Was it in Lagos or Abuja that they were sent back?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UmmZayd: 7:22pm On Jun 26, 2022
Marvel95:
Good afternoon everyone; please if you know you currently have a scheduled date for “JULY 11 2022” It has been rescheduled by the embassy; they went ahead to cancel it themselves without any email notification. log on to your CGI portal to check.
It appears July 11 is a public holiday, Sallah.
I got that date for July 11 some months back when dates were popping up in Abuja. I have been rescheduled for August 3rd, which is not favorable for me cus my program start date is August 8th. Please any expert opinion on this?

You should request for permission from your school to resume the following week. If by chance the VO ask why you are resuming late, state the reason as regards change in interview date. Also keep the letter for POE just in case

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by UmmZayd: 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
Tinafusty:

Was it in Lagos or Abuja that they were sent back?

Uh?
No idea. About 1 or 2 applicants dropped that information here last week
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moshkom(m): 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2022
Quick One Guys,

For the approved ones, don’t forget to check your school’s requirements for your resumption. Most schools ‘told’ you then that you are required to submit your official transcripts upon arrival etc. Don’t forget to ‘order’ that from your undergraduate school before you leave, don’t get there and be stranded, thinking “dem don forget”; “e no mean”. “ dem no go ask” Lol e go shock you.

For the ones searching for dates, keep keeping on; you’re not alone. It’s always like that and would always be like this.

The ones with date, preparation is key. Join and do mocks to get your wordings well, so that you can CONVINCE the VO on why you need the White paper.

For the prospective applicants, start and spread your applications now to meet priority deadlines. Spring 2023 and Fall 2023 are upon you already, e no far again oh.

GOD NO GO SHAME US ��

- Moshkom

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by degxyflexy: 8:18pm On Jun 26, 2022
Please do I need to fill a separate DS 160 form for a dependent that we will be attending visa interview together?
zellfoxx:

That number is irrelevant to your cause. Just ignore it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by degxyflexy: 8:20pm On Jun 26, 2022
Hi bruv, please do one need to fill a separate DS 160 form for a dependent that we will be attending visa interview together?
Moshkom:
Quick One Guys,

For the approved ones, don’t forget to check your school’s requirements for your resumption. Most schools ‘told’ you then that you are required to submit your official transcripts upon arrival etc. Don’t forget to ‘order’ that from your undergraduate school before you leave, don’t get there and be stranded, thinking “dem don forget”; “e no mean”. “ dem no go ask” Lol e go shock you.

For the ones searching for dates, keep keeping on; you’re not alone. It’s always like that and would always be like this.

The ones with date, preparation is key. Join and do mocks to get your wordings well, so that you can CONVINCE the VO on why you need the White paper.

For the prospective applicants, start and spread your applications now to meet priority deadlines. Spring 2023 and Fall 2023 are upon you already, e no far again oh.

GOD NO GO SHAME US ��

- Moshkom
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Moshkom(m): 8:28pm On Jun 26, 2022
degxyflexy:
Hi bruv, please do one need to fill a separate DS 160 form for a dependent that we will be attending visa interview together?

Yeah. Each Person with his and her Ds160.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by degxyflexy: 8:40pm On Jun 26, 2022
Thanks bruv. Please can I contact you?
Moshkom:

Yeah. Each Person with his and her Ds160.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by westergreen: 8:46pm On Jun 26, 2022
please can someone add me to the Lagos whatsapp group? i urgently need an interview date. thanks 08064676786
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by akinjobidayo: 9:02pm On Jun 26, 2022
Good day, please i need possible questions for in interview, am applying under tetfund sponsorship but am being told that doesn’t guarantee been approved for the visa, that my interview matters, note: am planning to go with my husband and a kid
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by akinjobidayo: 9:05pm On Jun 26, 2022
I will like to be added to the group also
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by farggie(m): 10:15pm On Jun 26, 2022
techkay:
Please, I need everyone' s contribution concerning my case.

I am F2 with 2 kids and our visa was delayed on 23/06/22 in Lagos.

How soon can I reapply?

The interview.

Vo: good morning ma

Me: good morning sir

Vo: pass me your documents

Me: I passed my documents

Vo: why are you going to the US

Me: I'm going to the US to support my husband who's presently studying for his PhD in the department of electrical engr. As a PhD student, my husband enrolled for some courses, he is also a GTA and teaches some undergraduate courses for his department, he also conducts research in the...... Vo cuts in

Vo. What was he doing before he traveled

Me: he is a lecturer in federal University of .......... here in Nigeria, he's currently on study leave to pursue his PhD and will definitely return after the completion of his program

Vo: what are you doing?

Me: I have been working consistently as a .............. in the university of ........ , . I'm presently in so so cadre. I've discussed my traveling plan with my employer and have agreed to acceed to my request as soon my Visa is granted

Vo. You want to stay in the US for 3 years

Me: no. I want to stay for 5years, my husband PhD program is for 6years and has spent one year already. I want to stay for the rest of his program so that I cook for him and give him emotional and moral supports he needs to finish his PhD on time so that we can both return to our places of work here in Nigeria.

Vo: what will his PhD do for him

Me: It will enable him to get promoted to the level of senior lecturer and also help him to carry out more outstanding research in his field upon his return to Nigeria

Vo. You want to leave your work for 5years?

Me: yes, I have discussed with my employer and have agreed to transfer two of my colleagues who perform similar duties with me to take up my role until I return back after the completion of my husband program

Vo: why didn't you go with him?

Me : there was a project of going on in my section at my place of work And I was in charge of the section I have to be on ground to supervise the project

Vo: Who is funding your trip?

Me: the major part of the funding is coming from GTA he receives from the University. My husband has been working consistently in Nigeria university for the past 8 years, and has been saving for the past 8years. He has worked with ..... university, he has worked with.... Vo cuts in and ask

Vo: how much was his salary?

Me: I said it

Vo: how much is your own salary?
Me: I said it

Vo: how many siblings do you have?

Me: 2

Vo: any in the US

Me: no

Vo: how many siblings does your husband have

Me: 4

Vo: any in the US

Me: no

Vo types for long and issue a blue paper saying sorry you are not qualify for us Visa at the moment, you can try again in the future.

Please what has gone wrong here?
And how soon can I reapply?
How do I answer what has changed?

I am seriously down since yesterday, please help me out.
You shot yourself in the foot. The two major reasons you got denied, 1. You didn't know the duration of the program of your spouse. 2. That the major money for the funding of your trip will be coming from the stipends the school gives your spouse. It's obvious you didn't do a proper research, at least the duration of the program ought to be in the I-20 form and they ought to be a separate fund for your trip from a sponsor not from the stipends he gets from the school, i believe the school would have informed your spouse the cost of your trip and know the person that may be responsible for it.

That you will stay with your spouse throughout the duration of his program may not be part of the reasons why you were denied visa because it is expected. I am talking from experience the same duration of program, F1 with spouse F2 and two kids F2,F2 and we got our visa approved. We are in US already.

13 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lustre23: 10:51pm On Jun 26, 2022
Wishing everyone success on thread 17
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by zellfoxx: 11:40pm On Jun 26, 2022
degxyflexy:
Please do I need to fill a separate DS 160 form for a dependent that we will be attending visa interview together?

Yes, you do.

Both DS-160 confirmation numbers would be on your visa appointment confirmation document as well.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by JungleboyT(m): 11:41pm On Jun 26, 2022
Good evening. Can someone please add me to Lagos Visa application group?

Thanks in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by charliejose: 2:15am On Jun 27, 2022
If you are interested in Biomedical research, University of Texas, Tyler Biotechnology Master’s program is still accepting applications. Apply really fast! It’ll be closing soon! Ensure you’ve written GRE with scores above 295 and have evaluated your transcript. Tuition and fees are waived and stipend is currently at $18000 per year. Goodluck!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Rzq009: 4:51am On Jun 27, 2022
Hello NL, currently book an appointment for August 30 on emergency at Abuja , I recently changed from Lagos in May when my EA was not grant but program start August 16,

Can I change back to Lagos because Lagos having good EA dates ?
Thank you all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.