Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:15 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 (638860 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (502) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by boay(m): 3:18pm On Jun 28, 2022
chibertha:
pick the date and ask for a late resumption from your school but if you can not make it you differ to spring 2023.

Ok. Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Hamilah: 3:22pm On Jun 28, 2022
Sent you a mail
guest31:
Please has anyone received 221g (white slip) and asked to submit additional questionnaire? How long did it take to get the decision? or how long have you been waiting for?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eshomomoh85: 3:26pm On Jun 28, 2022
TimePiece:

https:///DaLQqICP02NJ7EOobdkQuQ

Or

Drop your number but only if you've paid your visa fee and are searching for an interview date.

Please add me to Lagos search date. 08052385899. Thanks broh.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Nozino: 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2022
beejhay69:
Sup, take down the pix. This people de see everything una de do.

Why? They don’t know what’s up? They don’t have the statistics of people coming to study vs those who leave after studies? If you don’t see the joke rest. The pics is literally everywhere and it isn’t about a single country.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Jacknn: 3:37pm On Jun 28, 2022
Greetings NL team!!

I've gotten to the stage in my application where I'll need a recommendation letter. I intend drafting my own letter and sending to my project supervisor in skul,so he'll use instead of me stressing him and in the process submitting a dry LOR. But,my case is different, I graduated with a 2.87/4 gpa,I have Good gre tho plus,I meet the minimum GPA of the skul I'm applying to which is 2.75/4. My plea is;

1) anybody here with link,sample or can help me address the situation here as I want an outstanding reference letter, I think a lady here said something about this,where she got good LOR and she said some vital stuffs to be included in the letter if you've low GPA.

Pls if u can't help with link or sample, u can aswell help with the killer words here(type it) so I can draft from here. I just need good content on this, I greet una!!

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Eshomomoh85: 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2022
Eshomomoh85:

Thanks broh. I have already joined the Lagos search date group.

Regards
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Richdee1(m): 4:37pm On Jun 28, 2022
Good Day, please where can I begin from? How to search for schools and also how to apply to schools
I'm looking to study Social Work Msc, any heads up?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Songitto(m): 4:42pm On Jun 28, 2022
Sweetberry462:
09070312609, kindly add me too, thanks.

Kindly add me on lagos search date group. Thank you

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tacogado: 4:50pm On Jun 28, 2022
Please add me to the group 08089331831
Eshomomoh85:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 4:57pm On Jun 28, 2022
I SAID S/HE SHOULD TAKE THE DATE.
IF VISA IS ISSUED AND HE CAN NOT MAKE IT THEN HE SHOULD DIFFER TO SPRING WITH VISA IN PASSPORT
[quote author=Yinkagbo post=114233878][/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by guest31: 5:07pm On Jun 28, 2022
Hamilah:
Sent you a mail

i replied, check your email
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CreativeWeb(m): 5:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
Richdee1:
Good Day, please where can I begin from? How to search for schools and also how to apply to schools
I'm looking to study Social Work Msc, any heads up?

Check out these schools. Send message to the admissions office. Check out their requirements.

They offer stipends, scholarship, etc.

1. California State University
2. Columbia University
3. University of Houston
4. Illinois State University
5. University of Minnesota
6. Saint Louis University
7. University of Texas
8. University of Washington

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Tehilla23: 5:27pm On Jun 28, 2022
CreativeWeb:

You are right. I sent them email about waiving application fee and TOEFL test, and here's their response...

We would be happy to grant you a fee waiver! All we need is your CAS ID located at the top right of your application.

In regards to a TOEFL waiver, we will need your transcripts that show that English was the primary language of instruction.
Wow,I didn't know about this.Can you please help with how you went about this?can I DM you?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by krcboy(m): 5:37pm On Jun 28, 2022
HaywhyUnusual:
First attempt: Denied, Abuja
Bsc English and Literature
Stillman College, Alabama
Funding: $14000
Deficit: $5,750

Vo: I can see you were admitted into stillman college
Me: Yes (I know I made a mistake here, I should have told her 'yes, I will be going for my undergraduate degree in English with a concentration in Journalism)
Vo: when did you finish high school
Me: 2017

Vo: what have you been doing since then
Me: After finishing high school, I decided to take 2 years off to really find out what I want to do in life so throughout 2018 and 2019, I interned at EBS and interning at EBS made me realise I wanted to become a journalist so in 2020, I took a foundation course in English and the University of Benin and ended it in 2021, after that, I decided to study in the US and luckily, Bleep gave me a wonderful scholarship ..

Vo: who will be sponsoring your studies
Me: My Dad

Next thing, blue paper.....

I was not asked any question related to my family but I was denied because I do not have strong ties to my country...
What do you think is the problem here guys

little or no infomation was given as to your sponsor (your dad is not a job) thats what i think
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by CreativeWeb(m): 5:50pm On Jun 28, 2022
Tehilla23:

Wow,I didn't know about this.Can you please help with how you went about this?can I DM you?

I simply sent email to the admissions office.

I wrote...

Hello Thomas,
Is it advisable and possible to request a waiver for application fee and TOEFL? Please advise me.

Regards,

---

Then, he replied that they will be glad to waive the application fee if I provide my application ID, and that of TOEFL if my transcript shows that I studied in English.

---

I provided the application ID and he replied this...

Hi Edwim,

We are happy to get this fee waiver for you. I have just submitted the request, and it should be visible on your application portal in about 48 hours. At that time, you can submit your application if it is complete.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

---

That's it. Always reach out to the admissions office. They are always willing to help. If it's something they can do, they will let you know.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by aberyomi09(m): 6:02pm On Jun 28, 2022
TimePiece:

https:///DaLQqICP02NJ7EOobdkQuQ

Or

Drop your number but only if you've paid your visa fee and are searching for an interview date.
ignore
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by bjjbam: 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2022
Good evening everyone,
My emergency date was approved in Abuja but on login info my dashboard, the closest date I saw was 30th of August but my program starts on 22nd please what can I do?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by HaywhyUnusual: 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2022
Okay, Thank You
krcboy:

little or no infomation was given as to your sponsor (your dad is not a job) thats what i think
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Yinkagbo(m): 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
chibertha:

I SAID S/HE SHOULD TAKE THE DATE.
IF VISA IS ISSUED AND HE CAN NOT MAKE IT THEN HE SHOULD DIFFER TO SPRING WITH VISA IN PASSPORT

Ok... I am now asking that if he or she would be allowed to enter USA . Because the on the i20 form it is fall semester that was on it at the time of visa interview...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Abby212: 7:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
Good evening all, please I am new here. Have been on the Canada study thread but haven't gotten my study permit so I am looking at trying the US but I have some questions.

I have a B.Sc in mass communication (part time) 2.2. I am looking at getting a Graduate research assistantship job cos of funding but I don't know how to go about it. Please can anyone help for direction.
Plan B
Also, does US like Canada look at academic or progression. I would have probably read social works but at the same time, I am looking for funding too. Please how can I go about this?

Thanks so much.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Keji1012(m): 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2022
Good day nairalanders,

My nephew has a NECO results (he made all the papers), is there any hope of him using the result to study in Canada ?.

If yes, can I have the lists of schools in Canada fhay accept NECO results ?

Your swift responses will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by chibertha(f): 8:33pm On Jun 28, 2022
If s/he can not get late start date approval then he s/he should differ to spring
Yinkagbo:

Ok... I am now asking that if he or she would be allowed to enter USA . Because the on the i20 form it is fall semester that was on it at the time of visa interview...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Oyeleye101(m): 8:38pm On Jun 28, 2022
please I need recommendation of a schools in uk with affordable fees. I'm applying as an undergraduate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Lollla: 9:05pm On Jun 28, 2022
Can someone please add me to the Lagos group 08073071842.
I tried using the link as someone advised but it’s still not working.

Thank you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Pearlslove: 9:50pm On Jun 28, 2022
Good evening everyone, I just joined the forum although I've been following up through chrome by reading post. I really don't know how to go about my Canada Study Permit. I applied for a study permit since last year, did my biometrics since October 27th, 2021(exactly 8months now) and till date I haven't gotten any mail from IRCC for review. The waiting is too much and I don't know my fate yet. Please, is there a possibility that I will get a mail from them since it's over 8 months ago or is there a way I can reach out to them to remind them of my application? Please, help a sister.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Arrii: 10:03pm On Jun 28, 2022
Hamilah:
Sent you a mail

I also got the 221g form.

I went for my interview on the 17th of May. The VO told me my Visa was approved and my passport was retained at the embassy. However, two days later, I got a mail asking me to fill the supplemental questions attached.

Then on the 26th, they sent my passport back without a stamp and a 221g slip telling me I'm on administrative processing.

I submitted the supplemental questions again, then I sent them a mail two weeks later. The next day, they sent me a mail asking me to send my passport back for the final processing.

I got my passport back three days ago with the stamp.

The wait can be frustrating and maddening, but I'll advise you just do whatever they mark on the 221g slip. Then, send them reminders after about two weeks.

All the best!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by emmanuelle27: 11:30pm On Jun 28, 2022
unstoppable1:
Good morning all,

Please I need your advice on the next steps to take.

I already bought a return ticket to travel for my annual vacation next week Tuesday (July 5) on my B1/B2 Visa before I got an offer from the University of Maryland for MBA/MSc Information Systems (Fall 2022) with partial funding and a graduate assistantship.

I have made the first deposit and the school has sent the I-20 with the earliest admission date of July 23 and a program start date of August 22. However, I am yet to apply for a student visa because the available dates are way after the start date.

Please I need your opinions on whether it is wise to proceed with my travel as planned and try to change to F1 after I arrive in the US either by going to Mexico or wait in Nigeria till a date becomes available because I don't want complications. A newly admitted student in the same program told me that she paid an agent for an interview date but hasn't gotten in more than 2wks. I don't want to pay an exorbitant fee to change my ticket and still not get an interview date to enable me to join this cohort. That would mean deferring till January 2023 and the funding isn't guaranteed.

Please is there anyone here who has gone the route of applying for an F1 visa from neighbouring US countries or changed from B1/B2 to F1 in recent times? Please what is the success rate? I know that applying from Nigeria isn't certain and I am mindful of that as well because if the student visa is denied, entering the US on a visit visa becomes questionable because of a change of intent.

I have extensive travel history and never overstayed my visas. I have renewed my US Visa multiple times without issues and do not want to jeopardize that.

Please help.

Thank you
provided you're sure you have not broken any rules in your previous travels, you will not have any problem getting your F1 Visa, request for EA and go for F1 and you're good to go

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by excel1960(f): 11:49pm On Jun 28, 2022
Good evening all.
Pls what is the next step after paying sevis fee?
How can I get early appointment, my earliest date of resumption is August 8
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by Thiftcgffyfucy: 12:15am On Jun 29, 2022
Hello Nairalanders,
Pls I need someone to talk.
I had my OND in public management, I am trying to apply for an undergraduate degree in USA .

Could someone please advise how I can go about this and can the school accept my OND result such that I will start from year 3 directly without needing to start from 100 level?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by LeonBaba: 2:35am On Jun 29, 2022
unstoppable1:
Good morning all,

Please I need your advice on the next steps to take.

I already bought a return ticket to travel for my annual vacation next week Tuesday (July 5) on my B1/B2 Visa before I got an offer from the University of Maryland for MBA/MSc Information Systems (Fall 2022) with partial funding and a graduate assistantship.

I have made the first deposit and the school has sent the I-20 with the earliest admission date of July 23 and a program start date of August 22. However, I am yet to apply for a student visa because the available dates are way after the start date.

Please I need your opinions on whether it is wise to proceed with my travel as planned and try to change to F1 after I arrive in the US either by going to Mexico or wait in Nigeria till a date becomes available because I don't want complications. A newly admitted student in the same program told me that she paid an agent for an interview date but hasn't gotten in more than 2wks. I don't want to pay an exorbitant fee to change my ticket and still not get an interview date to enable me to join this cohort. That would mean deferring till January 2023 and the funding isn't guaranteed.

Please is there anyone here who has gone the route of applying for an F1 visa from neighbouring US countries or changed from B1/B2 to F1 in recent times? Please what is the success rate? I know that applying from Nigeria isn't certain and I am mindful of that as well because if the student visa is denied, entering the US on a visit visa becomes questionable because of a change of intent.

I have extensive travel history and never overstayed my visas. I have renewed my US Visa multiple times without issues and do not want to jeopardize that.

Please help.

Thank you

You will not be able to enroll in school until you have a student visa (F1), meaning that you cannot begin your studies on B1/B2 visa you currently hold. Visa appointments in Mexico (and other countries) are reserved for citizens and residents of those countries. This is a new policy due to Covid-19 disruption. So, your best bet is to apply for a visa appointment in Nigeria. Yes, early dates are unavailable now but people still get as dates are occasionally released. There are many whatsapp search groups you can join. You would have seen people on this page asking to be joined to a date search group. Since you have renewed your US visa multiple times, your chances of getting your F1 approved are high. Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 by seansifo(m): 5:40am On Jun 29, 2022
Hello,

Is there anyone going to Columbus State University this fall? Kindle send me a dm please.

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (502) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: crusader6(m), JohnZak, oluxmondd2 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.