Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

This Rubbish Behavior On The Phone Section Should End. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Rubbish Behavior On The Phone Section Should End. (2994 Views)

The Death Of The Phone Section / So Guys In The Phone Section...what Do You Think? Is This Accurate, Or Stupid? / Most Stupid Quotes I've Seen On Nairaland Phone Section (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Rubbish Behavior On The Phone Section Should End. by HONESTFACT101(m): 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2022
NeoWanZaeed:
Xiaomi fan boys have problems.

Until you people accept that WE BUY MOBILE PHONES FOR DIFFERENT REASONS.

Na hype for this NL made me buy Xiaomi Note 3 then. I see no difference between em all.

All I want in a phone is big screen and huge battery. We use mobile phones for different reasons.

No matter how much you shout here.. people will still buy Tecno and Infinix more than your so called best phone.

Why is that? Because they prefer the brand.

All these downgrading and mouthwash on transition phones needs to stop.

They'll still ignore this comment
Bunch if NARCISSISTS

#ENDAPC #ENDPDP ......signing out✈
Re: This Rubbish Behavior On The Phone Section Should End. by HONESTFACT101(m): 1:15pm On Jun 25, 2022
okunwaye:

you mean transsion devices which uses only one type of chipset through out a series
The redmi 9a and 10a both have the g25
so what are you saying#ENDAPC #ENDPDP ......signing out✈
Re: This Rubbish Behavior On The Phone Section Should End. by Scientheosopher(m): 1:13pm On Jun 26, 2022
NeoWanZaeed:
Xiaomi fan boys have problems.

Until you people accept that WE BUY MOBILE PHONES FOR DIFFERENT REASONS.

Na hype for this NL made me buy Xiaomi Note 3 then. I see no difference between em all.

All I want in a phone is big screen and huge battery. We use mobile phones for different reasons.

No matter how much you shout here.. people will still buy Tecno and Infinix more than your so called best phone.

Why is that? Because they prefer the brand.

All these downgrading and mouthwash on transition phones needs to stop.

"Until you people accept that WE BUY MOBILE PHONES FOR DIFFERENT REASONS."

Sure. No one is disputing that. It's your money so you can do with it as you want. What aches Atheistandproud is:
"What actually pisses me of is that there's a group of people on this section, they never post or educate anyone. They never try to correct false impression/advertising. All they do is wait around for other people to post so that they can criticize. Most of the time, their criticism is stupid at best and destructive at worst."; and" Some people will post that Helio G88 is the most powerful gaming processor alive and they'll never come out to correct such misinformation. Ever."

"Na hype for this NL made me buy Xiaomi Note 3 then. I see no difference between em all."

Was the phone factory faulted? If Yes, you should know that mistake, for whatever reason, is an inherent part of production process. Even identical twins aren't really all that identical. So if Nature can make two seemingly the same people different, you should see no reason why this isn't possible with humans.

Yet there're counters for this. Companies that mean business like Xiaomi usually have return/replacement policy as well as bugs fix measures in place. I guess you didn't know, or the process was too lengthy/stressful so you gave up.

"All I want in a phone is big screen and huge battery. We use mobile phones for different reasons."

We are the same here, except there's a slight but significant caveat on my side. Big screen and huge battery aren't enough. I want to know whether the materials that are used to make them can last, among others, in relation to the price they are being sold.

"No matter how much you shout here.. people will still buy Tecno and Infinix more than your so called best phone."

You are wrong here, expect if you're referring to "deluded/mad" people. Yet they can be cured, even if it's momentarily. You are a proof to this. You were supposedly among them, but the Xiaomi phone you tried turns out to be below expectations. So with the sharing of sound information as Atheistandproud and cos are doing, they will eventually see the importance of the knowledge.

The reason Transsion is dominanting the market is because of the availability of parts for her phones and a gullible marketing strategy that's working yet, because we are mostly hard to learn people.

"Why is that? Because they prefer the brand."

A preference based on ignorance? If Yes, I agree. This means if they become aware of how they are being cheated, they will jappa. Good.

"All these downgrading and mouthwash on transition phones needs to stop."

It will. But only when Transsion stop selling low grade phones at the price of high ones. And most importantly, her marketers/fans learn to use adjectives like arguely, likely, and currently when doing their trades/hyping.

3 Likes

Re: This Rubbish Behavior On The Phone Section Should End. by Scientheosopher(m): 1:14pm On Jun 26, 2022
HONESTFACT101:

They'll still ignore this comment
Bunch if NARCISSISTS

#ENDAPC #ENDPDP ......signing out✈

I just replied him.
#What say you, next?
Re: This Rubbish Behavior On The Phone Section Should End. by OneGeek(m): 2:14pm On Jun 26, 2022
Scientheosopher:

"Until you people accept that WE BUY MOBILE PHONES FOR DIFFERENT REASONS."

Sure. No one is disputing that. It's your money so you can do with it as you want. What aches Atheistandproud is:
"What actually pisses me of is that there's a group of people on this section, they never post or educate anyone. They never try to correct false impression/advertising. All they do is wait around for other people to post so that they can criticize. Most of the time, their criticism is stupid at best and destructive at worst."; and" Some people will post that Helio G88 is the most powerful gaming processor alive and they'll never come out to correct such misinformation. Ever."

"Na hype for this NL made me buy Xiaomi Note 3 then. I see no difference between em all."

Was the phone factory faulted? If Yes, you should know that mistake, for whatever reason, is an inherent part of production process. Even identical twins aren't really all that identical. So if Nature can make two seemingly the same people different, you should see no reason why this isn't possible with humans.

Yet there're counters for this. Companies that mean business like Xiaomi usually have return/replacement policy as well as bugs fix measures in place. I guess you didn't know, or the process was too lengthy/stressful so you gave up.

"All I want in a phone is big screen and huge battery. We use mobile phones for different reasons."

We are the same here, except there's a slight but significant caveat on my side. Big screen and huge battery aren't enough. I want to know whether the materials that are used to make them can last, among others, in relation to the price they are being sold.

"No matter how much you shout here.. people will still buy Tecno and Infinix more than your so called best phone."

You are wrong here, expect if you're referring to "deluded/mad" people. Yet they can be cured, even if it's momentarily. You are a proof to this. You were supposedly among them, but the Xiaomi phone you tried turns out to be below expectations. So with the sharing of sound information as Atheistandproud and cos are doing, they will eventually see the importance of the knowledge.

The reason Transsion is dominanting the market is because of the availability of parts for her phones and a gullible marketing strategy that's working yet, because we are mostly hard to learn people.

"Why is that? Because they prefer the brand."

A preference based on ignorance? If Yes, I agree. This means if they become aware of how they are being cheated, they will jappa. Good.

"All these downgrading and mouthwash on transition phones needs to stop."

It will. But only when Transsion stop selling low grade phones at the price of high ones. And most importantly, her marketers/fans learn to use adjectives like arguely, likely, and currently when doing their trades/hyping.

Implying that anyone who wilfully picks a transsion device over a Xiaomi device is either deluded or mad is a bit extreme, don't you think?

1 Like

Re: This Rubbish Behavior On The Phone Section Should End. by Llyodsjids(m): 3:10pm On Jun 26, 2022
Lol
Knowledge is power!!!
I saw that your thread on why you should avoid phones made for specific markets and it's a beautiful piece. Kudos
Then I saw the derogatory comments, one thing bro, people would always criticize and Nigerians do it in the crudest and most vile methods
Leave em and keep doing what you're doing.
Meanwhile you sabi this ur stuff❤️

2 Likes

Re: This Rubbish Behavior On The Phone Section Should End. by Scientheosopher(m): 4:29pm On Jun 26, 2022
OneGeek:

Implying that anyone who wilfully picks a transsion device over a Xiaomi device is either deluded or mad is a bit extreme, don't you think?

I'm not implying that. Slowly re-reading my full reply will convince you.

"... Xiaomi device...".
I'm not a Xiaomi fan. I'm just admirer, because they offer better value for money phones compared to, for example, Samsung and Oppo, though lately, they are messing up in some areas that I find dear. I'm my pocket/need fan.

Note: Mad= foolish (person).
Re: This Rubbish Behavior On The Phone Section Should End. by OneGeek(m): 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2022
Scientheosopher:

I'm not implying that. Slowly re-reading my full reply will convince you.

"... Xiaomi device...".
I'm not a Xiaomi fan. I'm just admirer, because they offer better value for money phones compared to, for example, Samsung and Oppo, though lately, they are messing up in some areas that I find dear. I'm my pocket/need fan.

Note: Mad= foolish (person).

It's fine to be on the side of your pocket/need. But I still think the average spending habits of a Nigerian phone buyer is too complicated to be categorised into a bipolar "wise/foolish" decision box.

Let me explain

The average Nigerian adult has to save up for a new phone. Now, here's the thing about saving for a new phone: you'd think a person would be most rational when they have limited resources here in Nigeria, but that's not so. Most people work with a weird order of needs/priorities here.

It's why you'd hear something like, "the money don follow another way o" implying that the money at hand for one purpose has been used to meet another unexpected need, probably because the first one "took a while".

Here's an example:

I have saved up 80k for a new device, and due to the nature of my work, I needed to get that device on Monday unfailingly. If after Monday, I still have access to that 80k without buying the phone, I can't trust myself not use the money on food, transport, and other overhead needs. I'd have to start the saving process all over again.

That's the thought process of a regular Nigerian gadget user.

So if I reach for a device whose purpose is to allow me meet my Monday deadline, and can perform okay "without comparison" to its rivals, I'm good. Of course, I know there has to be a better device for my 80k out there, do I want that? Sure! But with my condition, I don't have the time yet to seek for it.

That's just one perspective.

Another one is for people who buy phones with a fraction of their income. These are people who buy phones based on how much they can comfortably afford from their earnings. They don't save up, they just buy when it's convenient.

These are more familiar people, but even they have peculiarities that makes their phone choices neither wise nor foolish sometimes.

An example

Say I make 100k a month right now, and would love to get a new device. I'd like to finance the phone in just 2 months with enough left to meet other needs. By my calculations, I can spare 100k in those two months.

I can choose to buy any 100k phone. I might or might not consider value for money as much, because it doesn't matter anyway. What matters is how prudent I am with my earnings. I wouldn't want to spend all my salary on a Redmi Note 11 Pro because it's what I prefer. That device is a value for my money, but still a value I can't entirely afford, considering other needs.

This is the situation for a lot of people, some of whom earn significantly less than 100k a month sometimes.

All I'm saying is that whatever device they decide to buy at that point, makes sense from their point of view. If they later found out that they got shortchanged on the deal, they move on in the hopes that they'd have more money to avoid such next time.

You have a better understanding of what a phone can do/should do for the money it's asking. But the reality is that such rational knowledge is secondary in the minds of some phone buyers (a lot of phone buyers, dare I say).

To them, there's the device they love, the device that "would do for the moment".

2 Likes

Re: This Rubbish Behavior On The Phone Section Should End. by meobizy(f): 8:38pm On Jun 29, 2022
The people who do so are children looking for amusement. They can tell from well-written write-ups that the person put mental effort so will throw bait hoping for the author to bite. Given the chance to participate a thread will die from their inability to contribute to subject matters. Another trick they pull is searching for the highest liked comments and throwing insults at the person. Such posters are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Avoid them at all costs. Ignore them to the fullest of your ability and they will disappear from frustration.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Play Ngage Games On Your 6600, Sendo X And Other Symbian Fones! / How To Get 4G Data Bundle ON Airtel Unlimited Plan #1500 For 2 Months / What Perfect Chinese Phone Can I Get For 30k?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.