Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

Chelsea Number 9 Curse - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Number 9 Curse (423 Views)

Joao Felix And The Chelsea Number 9 Curse / Napoli Finally Agree €60 Million For Osimhen, Striker To Get Number 9 Jersey / Man City Hands Gabriel Jesus Jersey Number 9 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Number 9 Curse by prosperouz(m): 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2022
Since the Premier League introduced squad numbers in 1993, 16 different players have donned the No.9 shirt for Chelsea – and remarkably few have been successful.

The shirt has become somewhat ‘cursed’, with players tending to struggle at the club while wearing it, despite their collective £170.5million in transfer fees.

That tally has now shot up to nearly £270million following the club-record deal to bring Romelu Lukaku back to Stamford Bridge, last summer a decade on from his first arrival as a teenager from Belgium.

Lukaku has since worn the No.9 shirt vacated by Tammy Abraham, who headed off to Roma and has been firing in the goals ever since.

Meanwhile, Lukaku has struggled in West London, looking a world away from the striker he was in Inter’s Scudetto win last season.

We’ve taken a look at every player that has donned the number 9 at Chelsea and ranked them for their contributions to the Blues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf8GcFBgmXQ
Re: Chelsea Number 9 Curse by abfelicity91: 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2022
How many Epl club whom the player with no9 currently won a golden boot?
Forget about that fucking no9 you are talking about... Chelsea no9 always not performing because they don't create much chances for a particular player, meaning they don't play with a point man whom they are targeting to do the job. They play zig zag which everyone can score. You can't see all those dirty through pass for a striker to run a distance, dribble and score. And that is what Lukaku is capable of. I'm talking out of experience, I play ball very well and I like it when I run with the ball. But in Chelsea, they are always sluggish, ball hardly get to the striker in a dirty and open play. You can see it as Right-wing back and left wing back the compete for who get goals pass

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Joe Aribo Agrees To Southampton Deal. / TalkSPORT Suspend Trevor Sinclair For 'Inappropriate' Tweet After Queen's Death / This Man Wanted To Frustrate Chelsea This Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.