Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" (21206 Views)

What's Your Take On 2-Year NYSC Service? / My One Year Nysc Experience In Osun State / Dont Waste One Year Nysc Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by DispatcherLagos: 11:42am On Jun 25, 2022
If you must save, get someone else to be footing your bills. Girls know how to do this best..... sorry if you have a pendulum in-between your legs grin
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by money121(m): 11:42am On Jun 25, 2022
Ok
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Rebirth212: 11:43am On Jun 25, 2022
Now wey things cost anyhow

Nah who dey alive dey spend money oooh

1 Like

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by ashewoboy(m): 11:43am On Jun 25, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:
Lubbish!

NYSC is a total waste of time, my ppa pays me 12k plus 33k that's 45k, upon all my quiet lifestyle. No girlfriend, no clubbing no smoking, I never save shi shi.
Bonny Island expensive life no be my mate, and I won't stave my self in the name of saving NYSC money..

This is true.

Sometimes I dey ask myself, wetin I dey eat?Nor be like say I dey spend money on anybody, just mecheesy. I don't even eat much like that. Na wa. The salary is small.

1 Like

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by uyimove19(m): 11:50am On Jun 25, 2022
aidemu33:
see below
fake Odds
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Brunicekid(m): 11:53am On Jun 25, 2022
The OP is right on track!

1 Like

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Gana101(m): 11:57am On Jun 25, 2022
Upon say work no dey the country I say make I use NYSC hold body dey carry me shift go examption
I have gone to WAEC for correction of Date of Birth dey say dey have stop it since 2017
Please I seriously need your help don't know what to do again
Thanks �
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Richy4(m): 11:59am On Jun 25, 2022
And if you were posted to teach,as a male coper stay away from little girls.. it doesn't make sense sleeping with your kid sister's age mates embarassed
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by NaijaCover(m): 12:20pm On Jun 25, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Manuel69: 12:24pm On Jun 25, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:
Lubbish!

NYSC is a total waste of time, my ppa pays me 12k plus 33k that's 45k, upon all my quiet lifestyle. No girlfriend, no clubbing no smoking, I never save shi shi.
Bonny Island expensive life no be my mate, and I won't stave my self in the name of saving NYSC money..

It's crazy. I thought I would save much but see September is already here and I'm yet to even save half of what I thought I could. It's crazy

1 Like

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Treasure17(m): 12:25pm On Jun 25, 2022
Richy4:
And if you were posted to teach,as a male coper stay away from little girls.. it doesn't make sense sleeping with your kid sister's age mates embarassed
For me age is not even a factor. Just be a responsible human being and the relationship should be teacher and students kind to relationship considering the fact that these students will adore you as a Corp member due to their naivety.
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Manuel69: 12:27pm On Jun 25, 2022
That savings aspect, I doubt if Abuja corps members can relate. Cost of transportation alone will gulp your entire 33k. It's crazy.
Thank God for life sha
21C S1

1 Like

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Nobleou(m): 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2022
All of this na mumu talk. NYSC na scam
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Treasure17(m): 12:28pm On Jun 25, 2022
Manuel69:

It's crazy. I thought I would save much but see September is already here and I'm yet to even save half of what I thought I could. It's crazy
Saving depends on so many factors and those staying at the family house can possibly save as much.
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Deicide: 12:30pm On Jun 25, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:
Lubbish!

my PPA doesn't even pay shishi

1 Like

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Manuel69: 12:31pm On Jun 25, 2022
Treasure17:

Saving depends on so many factors and those staying at the family house can possibly save as much.

Family house aside, state of deployment plays a key role too. I don't know of other states but FCT is just crazy
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Elidrisy20: 12:43pm On Jun 25, 2022
Rubbish
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Richy4(m): 12:46pm On Jun 25, 2022
Treasure17:

For me age is not even a factor. Just be a responsible human being and the relationship should be teacher and students kind to relationship considering the fact that these students will adore you as a Corp member due to their naivety.
I agree with you but age is a deciding factor in most things in life...

Imagine a 25yr old with a 13 or 14yr old that just started showing signs of breast development...
As u know, Some male Corp member knows next to nothing about being responsible human beings..
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Cousin9999: 12:49pm On Jun 25, 2022
- Use your time in a region you would never go, and find business opportunities.

- Explore finding a life partner. It could be in the NYSC. It could be in the village. Some guys want a traditional woman, and that might be the opportunity to find one.

1 Like

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by WalkerMichael(m): 12:52pm On Jun 25, 2022
Deicide:
my PPA doesn't even pay shishi

Same here bro.. Sometimes I wonder how some people save. Saving would have more achievable if one has a side hustle going pretty well. In all, the connections are what that matters. Make God make it favour us all #C21 S2
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Treasure17(m): 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2022
Richy4:

I agree with you but age is a deciding factor in most things in life...

Imagine a 25yr old with a 13 or 14yr old that just started showing signs of breast development...
As u know, Some male Corp member knows next to nothing about being responsible human beings..
You are right.
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 25, 2022
Ensure you get good connections.
GET UR CV and Start submitting applications.
Follow us on Instagram/Facebook and see where we explained how you can create a resume for yourself for free.

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Treasure17(m): 1:04pm On Jun 25, 2022
Manuel69:

Family house aside, state of deployment plays a key role too. I don't know of other states but FCT is just crazy
Absolutely. Served in Ilorin and was able to save because I was staying at the family house. Invested the little I saved in MMM before it crashed. Diverted the proceeds to crypto and the rest is history.

1 Like

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Highbeepeeh(m): 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:
Lubbish!

Thanks for pouring this out... I really appreciate it cos I'll be done with my HND this year and I've been contemplating on either learning a skill that would be footing my bills or going for Service... With your comment now I know better

1 Like

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by tarantino1: 1:13pm On Jun 25, 2022
Manuel69:
That savings aspect, I doubt if Abuja corps members can relate. Cost of transportation alone will gulp your entire 33k. It's crazy.
Thank God for life sha
21C S1

And na Abuja I wan go by November.
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by swissgoldenpro2: 1:15pm On Jun 25, 2022
Very interesting article
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by Rhisky(m): 1:33pm On Jun 25, 2022
Danielle09:
Congratulations to all the incoming NYSC otondos ... You all should be proud of yourselves. I Will like to share with you few tips to guide you through, It would benefit those of you are still serving and those prospective Corps members who are aspiring to embark on the noble service to fatherland

I dunno about all these op, I have been serving since last year October, never been to my PPA, recently started going for CDS coz of threats of query. I have been receiving my allowance and also doing my business jejely. I think it’s a total waste of time to be too invested in NYSC.
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by darexolu16(m): 1:36pm On Jun 25, 2022
szczescie:
Lol nothing you wan use NYSC service year do.

During my NYSC we stayed at home due to corona and endsars and all that so maybe that’s why I don’t see NYSC as something you can use to achieve something tangible.

But it’s different strokes for different folks I guess so good luck to you all

Lol batch C 2019 I guess

1 Like

Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by MyExpression(m): 1:47pm On Jun 25, 2022
10. APPLY FOR REDEPLOYMENT.

� o,7,o,3,oo,7,8.1,9.3
Re: 9 Smart Ways To Have A Successful Service Year "NYSC" by shamsin6300(m): 1:48pm On Jun 25, 2022
[quote author=Danielle09 post=114131213]Congratulations to all the incoming NYSC otondos ... You all should be proud of yourselves. I Will like to share with you few tips to guide you through, It would benefit those of you are still serving and those prospective Corps members who are aspiring to embark on the noble service to fatherland

[Let me quote this before my time reach]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NYSC Announces New Date For 2018 Batch 'A' Orientation Course / NYSC Member Donates 10 Months Allowance As Scholarship To Student (pix) / A Corper Had An Accident Few Hours To His Pop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.