Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy (52519 Views)

2023: Is This JJ Omojuwa Tweet About Tinubu Accurate? / Bashir El-Rufai Tweets About Tinubu And El-Rufai's Alliance / PMB Certificate Controversy: Shocking WAEC HQ Letter Shared By Reno Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by seunmsg(m): 10:40am On Jun 26, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Seun is trying to be clever by half. The supreme court ruled in 1999 that Tinubu as a then sitting Governor had immunity and thus cannot be arrested or prosecuted by the police by virtue of his then subsisting immunity.

However today Tinubu is an ordinary citizen without immunity and thus can be investigated, arrested and prosecuted for perjury

3: Then, June 4, 2013 one Dr. Dominic Adegbola asked Federal High Court Justice Saliu Saidu to re - open the suit filed by Gani Fawehinmi in 1999. The suit was to compel IG of Police to commence investigation into alleged forgery. The court dismissed the case . The court said that the applicant went to sleep since 2007 when the “toga of immunity “ could no longer shield Tinubu and suddenly woke up when the matter is statute barred . So as at today , court has exonerated Tinubu of any forgery even after leaving office .

Read the above bolded extract from the OP very slowly. I’m sure you missed it initially or you were in a hurry to comment. Thank me later.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by onatisi(m): 10:40am On Jun 26, 2022
so he cant get another one from those schools? so the university and where he got the so called remedials results , they have closed down ?
baba you of all people should know that even if after 30 years , he can still get records . lets not defend something which isnt defendable .
infact i am only hearing this excuse in nigeria , i have never heard it anywhere else and it always sounds absurd , the same lame excuse buhari gave also and said the military men destroyed his wasc results

seunmsg:

Tender certificates that were burnt by the military when his house was attacked? Why are some of you so unreasonable? Where do you want him to get the burnt documents from?

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by PaChukwudi44(m): 10:41am On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

Read the above bolded extract from the OP very slowly. I’m sure you missed it initially or you were in a hurry to comment. Thank me later.
Oga This case borders on perjury not forgery.There are not saying the same thing

Besides that's a high court ruling and thus it is not final

15 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by seunmsg(m): 10:44am On Jun 26, 2022
onatisi:
so he cant get another one from those schools? so the university and where he got the so called remedials results , they have closed down ?
baba you of all people should know that even if after 30 years , he can still get records . lets not defend something which isnt defendable .
infact i am only hearing this excuse in nigeria , i have never heard it anywhere else and it always sounds absurd , the same lame excuse buhari gave also and said the military men destroyed his wasc results

It is basic knowledge that schools don’t issue certificates twice now. Once a certificate is issued, it cannot be reissued again under any circumstances. You of all people should know this.

The only thing that can be done now is for the school to certify that he truly attended and graduated from the school and they have done that severally. If you’re not satisfied, you’re free to make your own enquiry directly from the school. Write to them and they will respond.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by onatisi(m): 10:45am On Jun 26, 2022
so if tinubu life depends on presenting evidences of academic qualifications , just because some military men destroyed the ones he was given initially , he wont find means of requesting for copy of those certificates from those institutions ? the only reason why he wont do it is if he knows he can get away with it or if he knows he doesn't have it in the first place . definitely there is something fishy about it then

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by seunmsg(m): 10:45am On Jun 26, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Oga This case borders on perjury not forgery.There are not saying the same thing

Besides that's a high court ruling and thus it is not final

Buddy, you’re free to go to court. What are you still waiting for?

9 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by onatisi(m): 10:49am On Jun 26, 2022
NO , he is under obligation to prove to the people that he has the basic requirements
secondly , if you notice , i didnt use the word certificate , i said evidences . he should be able to provide evidences of his academic qualification .
let him state the schools and demand for anything from them to prove that he truly attended those places . I DONT BELIEVE THAT HE DOESNT HAVE THEm , but he just doesnt want to bother and if he gets away with it now , god forbid he becomes the present , this is exactly the kind of attitude he will be displaying .
seunmsg:

It is basic knowledge that schools don’t issue certificates twice now. Once a certificate is issued, it cannot be reissued again under any circumstances. You of all people should know this.

The only thing that can be done now is for the school to certify that he truly attended and graduated from the school and they have done that severally. If you’re not satisfied, you’re free to make your own enquiry directly from the school. Write to them and they will respond.

20 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Kelsmatuc(m): 10:50am On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

For some folks, when traveling opportunities come, they grab it and abandon whatever program or business they are doing. I still remember some of my secondary school and university friends who abandon their program and travelled out when they had the chance. It is no big.

What is important is that he completed his university education and the two schools he attended have both publicly confirmed that he indeed attended and graduated from the schools.
but Tinubu said he did attend primary n secondary schools just that those certificates were stolen

17 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by seunmsg(m): 10:51am On Jun 26, 2022
Kelsmatuc:
but Tinubu said he did attend primary n secondary schools just that those certificates were stolen

He never said so. He was silent about it in the form.

Let’s be clear, I’m not saying he did not attend primary and secondary schools o. He did not finish secondary school in Nigeria according to what he told Lagos state house of assembly during the investigation.

5 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Kelsmatuc(m): 10:57am On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

He never said so. He was silent about it in the form.

Let’s be clear, I’m not saying he did not attend primary and secondary schools o. He did not finish secondary school in Nigeria according to what he told Lagos state house of assembly during the investigation.
sir pls read today's headline....he said so himself....that some unknown people stole his primary n secondary certs....wish my phone will allow me copy n paste it here

13 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by seunmsg(m): 11:08am On Jun 26, 2022
Kelsmatuc:
sir pls read today's headline....he said so himself....that some unknown people stole his primary n secondary certs....wish my phone will allow me copy n paste it here

Link please.

3 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Ntigha: 11:24am On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:
Tinubu certificate brouhaha ~ Woye :

You will recall that there was a petition dated Aug 12.1999 about the educational background and age of Asiwaju Tinubu written by Alhaji Jammed Seriki & Dr. Waliu Balogun - smith.

They accused him of lying about his age in his nominating form to INEC.

2: Gani Fawenhinmi went to court to seek for prosecution of Tinubu up to Supreme Court. Supreme Court ruled that Tinubu CANNOT be Prosecuted by the police for alleged certificate forgery. That only Lagos State House of Assembly can investigate him.

3: Then, June 4, 2013 one Dr. Dominic Adegbola asked Federal High Court Justice Saliu Saidu to re - open the suit filed by Gani Fawehinmi in 1999. The suit was to compel IG of Police to commence investigation into alleged forgery. The court dismissed the case . The court said that the applicant went to sleep since 2007 when the “toga of immunity “ could no longer shield Tinubu and suddenly woke up when the matter is statute barred . So as at today , court has exonerated Tinubu of any forgery even after leaving office . So what is the issue now as a result of Supreme Court decision, Lagos State House of Assembly under Speaker Mamora (present Minister of State) opened the probe via a motion moved by Hon. Tajudeen Agoro & a 5 man ad - hoc committee was set up with Hon Omowoare as chairman .

4. The committee sent out letter of invitation to the 2 gentlemen that wrote the petition. Those guys REFUSED to substantiate their petition. The committee even went to the addresses those guys provided and they could not find them . However , Tinubu was invited to answer

5: Tinubu came with Femi Falana who wasn’t Anthony bus stop SAN then . Tinubu admitted to the needless errors being pointed out by the petitioners and that it was Senator Tokunbo Akifuyomi that did the documentation. Then he submitted a copy of SDP Senatorial candidate form dated June 1, 1992 in which he used to contest the 1992 Senatorial election and he won as a Senator representing Lagos West. That form he personally filled . Tinubu attached the certificate of Richard Daley College and Chicago State University.

6: Qualification was B.Sc Accounting. Now, INEC in 1999 committed an error in INEC form CF01 that bore a wrong date of 28th Dec 1999 instead of 28th December, 1998. Commissioner of Oath detected the error.

7: Tinubu could not complete his secondary school because of poverty. He decided to leave for USA to find food. He did a lot of menial jobs & suffered like every young man without a rich parents or uncle or RICH TWITTER boys and girls. After 5 years,he enrolled at Richard Daley college in Chicago. Note, Tinubu did not complete his education in secondary school, therefore the college offered him basic , remedial and academic classes like IJMB in local Nigeria. He passed his remedial courses and he was offered admission to Chicago State University. He obtained Bachelor of Science in Business & Administration and his major was in Accounting. He had no scholarship like me that I enjoyed in my undergraduate and post graduate too . He was in Chicago State University from August 1977 to June 1979 . He worked with Deloitte Haskins

8. Tinubu was an employee of Mobil oil of Nigeria between Dec 1,1983 when Buhari, Babaginda, Dasuki,David Mark were preparing to overthrow Shehu Shagari & he used to pass though Dodan Barracks not knowing that fate would link him with Buhari later. He was there till May 17, 1992

9: Senator Afinkuyomi appeared with Prof Itse Sagay SAN too that he was heading the unit of Gov ‘s campaign responsible for processing of form & because of the rush & tense circumstances in Alliance for Democracy as per Guber primaries caused the confusion.

10: Chief Gani Fawenhimi also appeared to give testimony. That the committee should determine if the law has been breached. Then Femi Falana appeared on behalf of Tinubu that no evidence has been led to show that Tinubu presented forged certificate to INEC. Chicago University

11: Chicago state University has confirmed that Tinubu was a student of their University and he secured admission through Richard Daley College . The committee later sought legal advice from Chief Fred Agbaje a honest lawyer, Olisa Agbakoba, Deacon Dele Adeshina NBA chair, ikeja, finally the committee finding on the allegation of forgery was that “WE HAVE NO EVIDENCE that any forged document was presented to INEC” the only certificate presented to INEC was a transcript of CHICAGO STATE UNIVERSITY.

Cc: lalasticlala Mynd44
Op make una try dey get atom of sense for dis country abeg.
Now go through ur post once more and borrow sense (as it’s clear say u no get) to scrutinize ur write up, after that just enter ur toilet kneel down and raise ur hands, stay there until I message u to leave

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Fibonacci88: 11:35am On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

Tender certificates that were burnt by the military when his house was attacked? Why are some of you so unreasonable? Where do you want him to get the burnt documents from?
U are a clown. Let him write to the Chicago school for them to retrieve it's entry level documents is that too much to ask for.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Eddygourdo(m): 11:41am On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:
Tinubu certificate brouhaha ~ Woye :

You will recall that there was a petition dated Aug 12.1999 about the educational background and age of Asiwaju Tinubu written by Alhaji Jammed Seriki & Dr. Waliu Balogun - smith.

They accused him of lying about his age in his nominating form to INEC.

2: Gani Fawenhinmi went to court to seek for prosecution of Tinubu up to Supreme Court. Supreme Court ruled that Tinubu CANNOT be Prosecuted by the police for alleged certificate forgery. That only Lagos State House of Assembly can investigate him.

3: Then, June 4, 2013 one Dr. Dominic Adegbola asked Federal High Court Justice Saliu Saidu to re - open the suit filed by Gani Fawehinmi in 1999. The suit was to compel IG of Police to commence investigation into alleged forgery. The court dismissed the case . The court said that the applicant went to sleep since 2007 when the “toga of immunity “ could no longer shield Tinubu and suddenly woke up when the matter is statute barred . So as at today , court has exonerated Tinubu of any forgery even after leaving office . So what is the issue now as a result of Supreme Court decision, Lagos State House of Assembly under Speaker Mamora (present Minister of State) opened the probe via a motion moved by Hon. Tajudeen Agoro & a 5 man ad - hoc committee was set up with Hon Omowoare as chairman .

4. The committee sent out letter of invitation to the 2 gentlemen that wrote the petition. Those guys REFUSED to substantiate their petition. The committee even went to the addresses those guys provided and they could not find them . However , Tinubu was invited to answer

5: Tinubu came with Femi Falana who wasn’t Anthony bus stop SAN then . Tinubu admitted to the needless errors being pointed out by the petitioners and that it was Senator Tokunbo Akifuyomi that did the documentation. Then he submitted a copy of SDP Senatorial candidate form dated June 1, 1992 in which he used to contest the 1992 Senatorial election and he won as a Senator representing Lagos West. That form he personally filled . Tinubu attached the certificate of Richard Daley College and Chicago State University.

6: Qualification was B.Sc Accounting. Now, INEC in 1999 committed an error in INEC form CF01 that bore a wrong date of 28th Dec 1999 instead of 28th December, 1998. Commissioner of Oath detected the error.

7: Tinubu could not complete his secondary school because of poverty. He decided to leave for USA to find food. He did a lot of menial jobs & suffered like every young man without a rich parents or uncle or RICH TWITTER boys and girls. After 5 years,he enrolled at Richard Daley college in Chicago. Note, Tinubu did not complete his education in secondary school, therefore the college offered him basic , remedial and academic classes like IJMB in local Nigeria. He passed his remedial courses and he was offered admission to Chicago State University. He obtained Bachelor of Science in Business & Administration and his major was in Accounting. He had no scholarship like me that I enjoyed in my undergraduate and post graduate too . He was in Chicago State University from August 1977 to June 1979 . He worked with Deloitte Haskins

8. Tinubu was an employee of Mobil oil of Nigeria between Dec 1,1983 when Buhari, Babaginda, Dasuki,David Mark were preparing to overthrow Shehu Shagari & he used to pass though Dodan Barracks not knowing that fate would link him with Buhari later. He was there till May 17, 1992

9: Senator Afinkuyomi appeared with Prof Itse Sagay SAN too that he was heading the unit of Gov ‘s campaign responsible for processing of form & because of the rush & tense circumstances in Alliance for Democracy as per Guber primaries caused the confusion.

10: Chief Gani Fawenhimi also appeared to give testimony. That the committee should determine if the law has been breached. Then Femi Falana appeared on behalf of Tinubu that no evidence has been led to show that Tinubu presented forged certificate to INEC. Chicago University

11: Chicago state University has confirmed that Tinubu was a student of their University and he secured admission through Richard Daley College . The committee later sought legal advice from Chief Fred Agbaje a honest lawyer, Olisa Agbakoba, Deacon Dele Adeshina NBA chair, ikeja, finally the committee finding on the allegation of forgery was that “WE HAVE NO EVIDENCE that any forged document was presented to INEC” the only certificate presented to INEC was a transcript of CHICAGO STATE UNIVERSITY.

Cc: lalasticlala Mynd44
this fool is trying to justify the money they pay him. Oga where is his certificate we need to see it and verify it (public court of opinion). If he doesn't have one (primary and secondary) he isn't fit to be a contestant to the exalted position of president. We did that error once with buhari and we have learnt bitterly from it. Anyway he won't win this election. No need wasting time sef.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by princdebola201(m): 11:44am On Jun 26, 2022
Fibonacci88:

U are a clown. Let him write to the Chicago school for them to retrieve it's entry level documents is that too much to ask for.
are you dumb? It was written in the thread that he got admitted into chicago university through daley college.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by tinsel: 11:48am On Jun 26, 2022
Thinkam:
grin baba couldn't complete secondary and primary school due to poverty. But surprisingly could afford to travel overseas.

I thought basic education was free and encouraged in West due to Awolowo, how come Tinubu wasn't a beneficiary?

It was also speculated, Tinubu mother was a rich slave trader and business woman , how come she couldn't finance her child basic education?

Tinubu is definitely the Nigerian Version of Raymond Reddington...

This explanation is a BS
Nigeria was better than America then. America was for the poor and not so brilliant students that time. Our money had a better value.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by tinsel: 11:54am On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

I don't agree here. No doubt that Tinubu attended the Chicago University. He had enough time to get a certified true copy from the university and the college but he did not do that. He invited this whole thing unto himself

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by tinsel: 11:58am On Jun 26, 2022
Thinkam:

He was able to retrieve this thing you guys call statement of Result from Chicago

Why can't he also retrieve the remedial documents from Richard Dale, at least that's also abroad..

As it stands to me, this issue is still controversial...

If it was the requirement of a Job in your office and I came with all this stories, wouldn't you press further?

OR would you accept my incomplete presentation?
I agree with you. He was preparing for this contest many years back. Enough time to put things in order. He would have requested for for certified true copies from both the college and the university.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2022
tinsel:

I agree with you. He was preparing for this contest many years back. Enough time to put things in order. He would have requested for for certified true copies from both the college and the university.

There's still alot shadyness surrounding this, that I know

10 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by tinsel: 12:01pm On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

But they can issue certified true copy? He would have gotten this since. He prepared for this contest.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by tinsel: 12:16pm On Jun 26, 2022
Kelsmatuc:
No. He said stole his documents. Did not mention a particular one.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by a4cube: 12:18pm On Jun 26, 2022
The primary and secondary school he attended but did not finish gat no names? He finished from Chicago in 1979, by 1983 he is already a senior man in Mobil. When did he work with Doelite( The accounting firm)? Did he his NYSC?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by NothingDoMe: 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2022
seunmsg:

No excuse. I got fresh certificates from my school in the UK after I made the request with payment.

The time taken to argue about this and ask people to go verify is enough time to get a replacement certificate.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Throwback: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2022
PresidObi:
This matter will not end soon, APC should act to replace this candidate before it becomes too late.

To replace the candidate that you fear the most?

Shouldn't you be happy that it becomes too late for APC to replace Tinubu as the candidate?

Or is there something I'm missing from this Peter Obi supporter?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Kingzeez10: 12:26pm On Jun 26, 2022
onatisi:
so if tinubu life depends on presenting evidences of academic qualifications , just because some military men destroyed the ones he was given initially , he wont find means of requesting for copy of those certificates from those institutions ? the only reason why he wont do it is if he knows he can get away with it or if he knows he doesn't have it in the first place . definitely there is something fishy about it then
You're dull. You can't even get your WAEC certificate twice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by 366bolutife: 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2022
If Buhari can be elected twice, why not Tinubu right?You are very luck, you benefit either way If Buhari can be elected twice, why not Tinubu right?You are very luck, you benefit either way ...
Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by Fibonacci88: 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2022
princdebola201:
are you dumb? It was written in the thread that he got admitted into chicago university through daley college.

Mumu.. I don't expect u to be able to think critically. The Daley college he attended where is d certificate? Where is the minimum requirements he presented to them to get admitted. Go back to ur WhatsApp group and ask ur enablers this questions before coming online to defend nonsense.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by kenedyx: 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2022
Seun, try and get a new messenger.. this one is an irredeemable idiot.

So now that the matter is choking them, they've brought another one, Richard Dale College.

Okay o, can we also see email printout from Dale College? Yeye fools. The way they expend so much breath and energy defending rubbish you would think they're actually the ones contesting.

15 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by onatisi(m): 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2022
"Tinubu’s latest claims appear to contradict his previous election submissions, especially in 1999, when he ran and won the Lagos State governorship election.

He had said then that he attended St Paul Children’s School, Aroloya, Home School, Ibadan, between 1958 and 1964; while his secondary education was at Government College Ibadan (GCI), between 1965 and 1968.

Following a backlash, the former governor withheld his primary and secondary schools academic records when he recontested in 2003.

He had claimed that from Ibadan, he proceed to Richard Daley College, Chicago, from 1969 to 1971.

He finally said he attended both Chicago State University and the University of Chicago"

we dont even know what to believe anymore

https://www.nairaland.com/7197107/2023-some-unknown-persons-stole

9 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by princdebola201(m): 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2022
Fibonacci88:

Mumu.. I don't expect u to be able to think critically. The Daley college he attended where is d certificate? Where is the minimum requirements he presented to them to get admitted. Go back to ur WhatsApp group and ask ur enablers this questions before coming online to defend nonsense.
oponu the law requires you present a qualification , Tinubu did and inec acknowledge. So what lead to your tears about his certificate

3 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy by onatisi(m): 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2022
so lets just state it in plain language that TINUBU WANTS TO BECOME THE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA WITHOUT PRESENTING OR SUBMITTING ANY EVIDENCE OF HIS ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION? SO WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIM AND BUHARI? SO IT WILL BE AN ISSUE OF FAILURE GO ,FAILURE COME ?

or maybe i am the one getting this whole issue wrong

23 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Afolabi Akanni In Rubber Bathroom Slippers / US Releases Gory Report On Nigeria / EFCC Arrests Kelechi Vitalis Anozie In Owerri (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.