Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,962 members, 7,806,784 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

One Life Hack We All Must Know (A Must Read) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / One Life Hack We All Must Know (A Must Read) (715 Views)

The Health Implications Of Fasting - What You Must Know / How Does Masturbating Affects One's Life / Lassa Fever Claims One Life In Kwara, Lagos Records New Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Life Hack We All Must Know (A Must Read) by Sucre6: 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2022
Good morning guys,

I believe we all are having a nice weekend.

So about the topic.

I was with a colleague in the office just this past Friday, because of the nature of our job, we are made to Finnish a particular task before the HOD comes in for monthly checks and inspection, we were all working overtime to meet the target. Which made must of us to take alot of caffeine to stay woke and sharp, throughout, I never knew most people are allergic to coffee until on friday.
As this colleague of mine just fell flat on her back and passed out embarassed
See commotion upanda, people were panicking and running helter skelter pouring water on her in order to resuscitate her, my other female colleagues were just crying all effort made to bring her back all to no avail, then I remembered I took a class with the red cross people about first aid and saving lives..

I went straight and gave her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and she came back to life, coman see applauds from my other colleagues, it almost felt like I was a superman wearing a cape grin, since that day, what she calls me is my hero and I will be feeling like captain America cool grin

So had it been I don't know this resuscitation act, wetin for happen to Stephanie. shocked

Having said that, I will like to spread this knowledge to us all here about performing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation with this few steps.

1. Place the patience on his/her back

2. Make sure that the air passage are clear

3. Keep the head tilted fully backwards: (press his/her forehead down with one hand and lift the chin upwards with the other: maintain this position all the time.

4. Take a deep breath and open your mouth, seal your lips round the patient's open mouth, pinching his/her nostrils shut with the fingers of one hand.

5. Blow air firmly and gently into the patients mouth and so into his/her lungs. If the patient is a child blow more gently, for a baby, small puffs are sufficient.

6. Remove you mouth, turning your head to look at the patient's chest, which should have risen and by now be falling as the air is exhaled.

7. Repeat 4,5 and 6 for four full quick breath.

8. Continue at a steady, deliberate rate, watching the rise of the chest as a guarantee that air is going into the lungs, and blowing in again as soon as the chest has fallen.

End of class, I hope we all learn one or two from here today, go out there and be someone hero by saving a life cool

Moderators abeg push to front page.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Life Hack We All Must Know (A Must Read) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2022
Thanks for the message Mr Superman.. grin kiss

3 Likes

Re: One Life Hack We All Must Know (A Must Read) by FORHII: 12:04pm On Jun 26, 2022
Nice write up...even though I didn't read it

1 Like

Re: One Life Hack We All Must Know (A Must Read) by Sucre6: 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
Thanks for the message Mr Superman.. grin kiss

Lols thanks deary

nlflmod, seun, lalasticlala, mynd44

Isn't this article FP worthy

1 Like

Re: One Life Hack We All Must Know (A Must Read) by viyon02: 12:13pm On Jun 26, 2022
That is why every home must have the book " village where there is no Doctor" buy it read it and thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: One Life Hack We All Must Know (A Must Read) by tuneryblue(m): 10:30am On Aug 13, 2022
Good day
I screen shot your post on addiction where you talk about gambling and how you bet and rollover for months.. pls I just want to know some things about it.. pls reach me on 07034225981

1 Like

Re: One Life Hack We All Must Know (A Must Read) by Sucre6: 8:32pm On Sep 05, 2022
tuneryblue:
Good day
I screen shot your post on addiction where you talk about gambling and how you bet and rollover for months.. pls I just want to know some things about it.. pls reach me on 07034225981

Send me a pm, I am starting second leg of my rollover this weekend

(1) (Reply)

What Will happen To You If You Stop Having Sex? / If You Have These 4 Medical Challenges, Eat More Of Carrots / I've Discovered Cure For HIV/AIDS, --- Prof. Ben Amodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.